1 HOURS AGO 6 ways to revamp your fresh veggies: http://t.co/uVLIaiXDOB

2 HOURS AGO The trick to beating body envy: http://t.co/e3zU4Mbgnb

3 HOURS AGO GL's top 20 fave nail polish colors: http://t.co/pM4hyH3vhw

COMMENTS

Stretch it out! 3 things to know before ya go

It used to be that experts recommended a good stretch before and after exercise, but now, some say we should nix it all together. Going out on...

I'm a competitive figure skater and I warm up before hitting the ice. I usual power skip and then get out my jumping rope first. Then, I do a lot of dynamic stretches. Then my jump rotations, which is basically more cardio. The only static stretches I do are the splits because I need them on the ice.
After skating 3 or 4 hours, I then do off-ice training, which includes a lot of static stretches (which is the right time to do them!).

by dance_sing_act on 7/25/2012 4:24:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
In dance, we do static stretching. Is this bad, because we are trying to increase our flexibility. I find it helps, and my teacher has always made us do these stretches.

Hey girl, it's better if you warm up some before static stretching. If ya know that's the first thing you're gonna do every day, maybe you should jog a bit before you get to the studio. Or at least do something a li'l more active.
Carrie R.

by triplethreat335 on 7/25/2012 1:12:01 PM

hey, calling any sweetie pies with curly fries on their head.
yes, you did read that right! a CLUB FOR CURLY HAIR!
this club is NOT for girls with straight hair looking for tips on curling, just for girls with curls and waves in their hair! all races, ethinities, and colors welcome! as long as you have curly hair, you're welcome.
Positions are open, just ask! we'll give tips, hairstyles, and recomendations. join today!

by briana13 on 7/24/2012 4:59:21 PM

Wow that's interesting. I just hope that this word can spread around to high school coaches and stuff because they still think that the "static" stretching is right even when their hurting their players

by fallsb-ball on 7/24/2012 4:42:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
so this is not about me, it's about my little sister! she is growing up way too fast! she is 11 years old, she has had a little 'boyfriend'! she wears makeup, watches youtube makeup tutorials, she knows what contouring and highlighting is for makeup and is really mad she ran out of foundation! i am in highschool and some days, she wears more makeup than me. she asked my mom to buy her a fan brush so she could contour her cheekbones, and she conceals her blemishes! how can i tell her she wears too much makeup? because whenever i do, she yells at me and says she can do whatever she wants! yeah, she does have some blemishes on her face, but when i was her age, i didn't care about that! i was still watching nickelodean and she is watching teen mom, keeping up with the kardashians, 16 and pregnant, snooki and jwoww... my parents don't even know she is! help!!!

Hey girlie! Talk to your 'rents.  If your concerned about the TV she's watching, they'll be able to talk to your sister and decide whether she should be allowed to watch those shows.  As for the make up, your mom sees how much make up she has on, so let her be the judge of whether or not your sis is wearing too much.  I know it's hard because the two of you are different, but maybe your sister got teased about her blemishes and so now she wants to hide them.  As for her boyfriend- do they actually spend time together or do they just text? Some girls have "boyfriends" early that aren't really boyfriends.  Unless she's spending time alone with him and your parents don't know, don't worry about it. xoxo

Kate G.

by vintage50 on 7/24/2012 4:38:05 PM

MOD! MOD! MOD!
I go to a tumbling class for an hour every single day and we HAVE to do the static stretchs because we are doing back flips and front flips (standing) and back hand springs, front walk overs, hand stands, and stuff like that but i am always sweating like a pig after class! How can I make myself not sweat so much?

Hey chica! Try using deodorant that is marked "Clinical Strength" and applying it about an hour before practice so it has time to sink in.  If it isn't just your armpits that bother you, you're out of lucky.  You CAN, however, bring a little washcloth and use it to wipe down your face and arms when you go to get water.  Just make sure you always wash it after practice!  xoxo

Kate G.

by heather99 on 7/24/2012 3:28:48 PM

That's...interesting O.o

by Acutiebookworm on 7/24/2012 3:02:36 PM

Ok so there is this girl that i used to go to school with, she would bully me and sometimes treat me as her slave, she had this wire from a notebook and she would hit me with it, i moved schools because of her and because that school would cuss ALOT. Now im starting a new school and i was looking on facebook and i searched her ( sounds a bit wierd) i was just trying to see what school she went to, turns out she goes to the same school i will be going to and shes in the dance class i was going to be in, is there anyway i can avoinf her? Thanks.

Hey girl! I'm sorry for the bully, but if you're using this school as a fresh start, giver her the chance for one, too.  Say hi to her in the hallways and at class, but try not to avoid her. If she realizes you are still scared of her, she may just pick on you more.  Instead, focus on making new friends and staying clear of the girl.  Stay polite and don't badmouth her, but focus on new friends and new classes, not the nightmare you experienced at your old school.  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by beautyfirst on 7/24/2012 2:26:02 PM

Are you a Cahill who dares be a member in the 39 clues? Which branch are you? Janus, Lucian, Tomas, Ekaterina, or the Madrigals like Dan and Amy? We will talk about EVERYTHING dealing with the books and debate topics! The fate of the world is in your hand! Are you ready to save the world from the evil Vespers? Join now before too late!

ALSO, YOGA IS A GREAT WAY TO STAY HEALTHY AND TAKE AWAY STRESS!! I take yoga classes and it helps A LOT!

by Susmita24 on 7/24/2012 2:10:33 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
1. Im starting yoga this September. I'm wondering if yoga has any physical benefits?
2. How do you comment in clubs/advice queen?
3. About a week ago my bf stopped texting everyone. He stopped texting me, my friends ( they're his friends too), etc. Is he ignoring us or something else?

Hey girl!  1. Yoga has about a billion physical benefits- it helps you loosen up, you build muscle, become more flexible, it helps keep your stress down, and about a hundred other things.  2. Join the club and there will be a box you can type in to comment. 3. He might have had his phone taken away.  It's highly unlikely that he's not texting ANY of his friends. Wait a week and check back.  xoxo

Kate G.

by PandaLover0330 on 7/24/2012 1:41:19 PM

I'm sorry, but really? I stretch like that all the time and never get hurt, unless I fall. I mean I warm up like that to, but I'm just gonna stick to what I do now.

by Foodiejr99 on 7/24/2012 1:15:01 PM