5 HOURS AGO RT @NiallsBlueEyes9: Thank you @girlslifemag I got my book :) YAY! :) pic.twitter.com/2Yrh9pCq98

5 HOURS AGO How do you feel about smoking? Sound off on the survey: http://t.co/DYrp6lJmWF

8 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

COMMENTS

Ed. obsession under $30: The best BTS backpack

Nothing says BTS like getting a brand new backpack. Even though I’m not heading back to school this fall, whenever August rolls around it still feels like...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
I am going into sixth grade next year, and I am so nervous! I just have to go to SO many classes, and I only have 4 minutes to get to them, there is bullies, and I don't know what to do! I'm scared I'll get LOST, or something! What if I am late to class? And what if I can't open my locker, and what if my locker partner is messy and/or mean? Aggghhhh!!!!

Hey girl,

First of all, relax! It's going to be fine! I'm sure you'll make plenty of friends, and even if you do get lost on the first day, I'm sure a lot of other people will too, and you'll find your way around in no time. You'll get the hang of your locker, and if you have a problem with your locker buddy you can talk to a teacher! Lucky for you, we have a ton of posts about new school, because tons of girls feel the same way you do! Check out these posts for more tips! http://www.girlslife.com/tag/new-school.aspx

Meghan D.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/27/2012 9:20:31 PM

got crazy curls or pretty spirals? frizzy or lush waves? either way, we got your back. come join the new club:
Curls, go curls! we give advice, hairstyles, chat, rant, and give recomendations. we work as a team to help each other. this club is updated regularily and open for all those gals. just to clarify, this is NOT a club for people with straight hair who want to curl or wave just for girls who have curls and waves. it doesn't matter if you curls are kinky or waves are loose, youre welcome! all races, ethnicities, colors are welcome. please join!

by briana13 on 7/27/2012 8:04:09 PM

I personally would not like this bag for school, I found a very cute one from Aeropostale tho! Smile Same price too.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/27/2012 7:50:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
ok so ive been wanting a phone. i found one of my older sisters old phones in a desk drawer at my house. and its not the best phone but it will fit my needs. my mom said i could have it to "play with" scince its not activated. i asked her if she could activate it, but she said no cuz she doesnt want to pay $10 a month scince we are tight on money. im only 11 so i need a way to make about 10 to 15 bucks a month. i obviously cant get a job and im not ready to babysit. any ideas to make that much each month? thanks! xoxo ~Ryleigh

Hey girl, maybe doing yard work for neighbors? Or maybe you can convince your mom to get an allowance?

lauren r.

by red716 on 7/27/2012 7:47:08 PM

This is perfect since I have to find a backpack in time for school! Thanks GL

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 7/27/2012 6:10:28 PM

I got a new bag yesterday it is from aeropostale!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are!

by heather99 on 7/27/2012 4:25:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
last year i made a club for 7th graders, now that were going in to 8th i wanted to change the club name. how do i do that?

Hey girl!

Unfortunately, you can't change your club's name. You can make a new club though! Sorry for the inconvenience!
Rachael A.

by rockinmagz on 7/27/2012 4:14:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD !
I was just wondering, what are some essential things to buy for school? (clothes) I made a list of things that I like and want to get, but it's pretty long, so I just need the main things that I should buy. On the list I have 2 pairs of jeans, 1 pair of yoga pants, 1 hoodie, 4 tank tops, and 6 shirts on the list. Is it too little, too much? Thanks, xo

Hey girl!

That sounds like a good list! Once you start school you can decide whether you'd like to get some more clothes or if that's a good amount.
Rachael A.

by rosierosie on 7/27/2012 3:54:41 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
My knees naturally hyper extend and I have soccer thighs
I want to wear skinny jeans but they look weird cuz my knees are set back and then I have my thighs.... How can I balance out the weird look?? I don't want to wear bootcut
Thanks!

Hey girl!

If you wear wedges with skinny jeans that can help lengthen you and balance you out. But honestly, I really doubt it looks weird. Soccer thighs are awesome, so just embrace them and don't worry about it!
Rachael A.

by alex18903 on 7/27/2012 3:40:26 PM

MODMODMOD!!!!
Ok so I have thin, wavy hair that gets poofy and frizzy VERY easily. I want to buy a clamp less curling iron so I can work with my hair (instead of against it since I straighten it everyday) but my only problem is when ever i curl or let my hair be natural its very frizzy. I want smooth and sleek hair, what shampoo or product can I use to get nice sleek and smooth hair? ( Ive used silk drops before and it doesn't help, my hair also gets oily)
THANKS SO MUCHHH!!!! <3

Hey girl!

Clamp-less curling irons are great! I use one sometimes. Usually, I put Moroccan Oil or Garnier Leave in Conditioner in my wet hair, blow dry it using a round barrel brush so it's dry and somewhat flat, and then go section by section with my curling iron. Using a holding hairspray will help your style stay put and keep frizz at bay.
Rachael A.