1 HOURS AGO Kill your period cravings with these healthy picks: http://t.co/AIbgSRKDNa

2 HOURS AGO 9 must-read books to binge on this weekend: http://t.co/wvZcj2xuJz

3 HOURS AGO Amp your everyday look with @AboutFacesDay's bubble braid tutorial on @Fanlala: http://t.co/3ZoRU8NHie

COMMENTS

Get great hair! Our best 10 African-American hair hints

Love your hair! Just in time for BTS, we’ve gathered the best hair care tips for GL gals with African-American locks. Follow these ten tips to score...

1. Think of your crush
2. Make a heart with your hands
3. Kiss your hand heart
4. Put your hand where you real heart is
YOUR CRUSH WILL ASK YOU OUT TOMORROW!!!!!!!
5. This only works if you post this on your favorite GL article

by jsneed8542 on 6/19/2013 1:26:07 PM

im african american and i have medium length hair(it comes a little pass my shoulders). ive been keeping perms and other harsh chemicals away from my hair for about two years now, but i dont have the option to was my hair every 7-10 days at home because of its frizziness it gets when water gets in it, i go to a salon though but it gets pricey sometimes. Idk what to do?

by symone2011 on 8/20/2012 6:51:38 PM

MOD! Would Hair One be considered a 2 in 1 hair shampoo/conditioner?

Hey girl!  I'm not familiar with Hair One, but from what I can find, it seems like a 2 in 1.  xoxo

Kate G.

by chocolatecharme on 8/6/2012 12:37:45 PM

Hey caligirl99, the key to growing out your hair is to find which hair products work for you. It's important to keep your hair moisturized and healthy. Never go to sleep without your hair wrapped up in a bonnet or scarf, because having your hair unprotected can cause breakage. I am Black ans I use Olive Oil shampoo, conditioner and lotion. See if that stuff works for you. It smells good and leaves your hair soft and clean. Ask some of your girlfriends and relatives what they use fir more options. Set up a routine for washing your hair, maybe every 10 or 14 days. Eating healthy also affects hair growth so munch on fruits and veggies. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD!
What are some tips for growing out long, healthy African-American type hair? Thanks! Lynae P.

by caligirl99 on 8/4/2012 4:20:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
How can I take good care of my hair?
I take a shower everyday, so I get my hair washed everyday is that bad? My hair has a lot of volume. Please help me take good care of my hair!

Hey girl,

I would try washing your hair every other day and using dry shampoo in between if your hair gets greasy! It will also help with volume. Smile

Meghan D.

by rainbows_rawr on 8/3/2012 7:47:20 PM

THANK YOU DG! I have short coily hair and it kinda annoyed me you didn't have any hair advice for my hair type.

by Glitterheart16 on 8/3/2012 1:16:58 AM

I am not African, I really need some advice on hair. I have shoulder length hair that's really thick. Any advice for cute hair tips??

by crazy for horses on 8/2/2012 11:53:37 PM

Thank you GL for posting this! Its good to know you guys would be sweet enough to post tips on how to take care of black people's hair. I'm African American and have naturally curly hair and I agree with these tips. Most of them I've heard, since my mother has always told me to take care of my hair because its different from most people's hair and it needs more attention, but some people don't know this tips and so now black girls can take care of their hair PROPERLY! Again thanks for posting this...Smile

by MusicTaughtMeHowToLive on 8/2/2012 11:40:46 PM

This is great and everything. But i am not African American and do not have this type of hair. I was looking for some bts ideas but none of these will work.

by diamondgirl4404 on 8/2/2012 11:25:52 PM

Thanks so much. My hair is chemically straightened but it's still nice to see some great tips that represent african americans! I have waited for something like this that helps us sisters out.

by andsothelionfellinlovewiththelamb on 8/2/2012 9:52:47 PM