Bridget M.

is modding

1 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

4 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

5 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

Get great hair! Our best 10 African-American hair hints

Love your hair! Just in time for BTS, we’ve gathered the best hair care tips for GL gals with African-American locks. Follow these ten tips to score...

I wear extensions because my hair is so short(they're braided), so I can't follow some of these tips(at least regularly) until I take out my extensions. For about a year or 2 now my hair has been growing faster, but it's still not that long. Is their a way I can make it longer while my extensions are in or when they're out that will still work if I get extensions soon after it's out? I know I can cut the ends, but I don't know exactly how much to cut, like just a tiny bit or-- anyway do you think I could do it myself? But I would still like to know if their are any other way I could make my hair grow faster.
Thanks in advance(and THANK YOU for this article Smile )

Hey girlie,

Since extensions are pretty expensive and have their own set of rules, I would definitely call/stop by my hairdresser's salon before making any decisions like this. They're experts, so you can tell them exactly what you want and they can give you tips on how to get it Smile Unfortunately there really aren't any ways to get your hair to GROW faster, but they can give you tips on the healthiest ways to treat your hair - and maybe even tricks to help it look longer!
Lauren C.

by PeaceKool on 8/2/2012 6:50:56 PM

@GigiWuzAHere I wonder too! Well once my teacher was talking about it and said some people think saying black is offensive.. even though it's true. I don't get it(neither does my teacher)
Anyway thank you SO much GL!!!!! Smile You don't know how much I appreciate this! I've been waiting for this for SO LONG.

by PeaceKool on 8/2/2012 6:42:32 PM

This was really helpful!!! Thanks GL :-D

by rosesong on 7/31/2012 3:58:50 PM

This is going to help me soooooo much! ( although, I do wounder why people say "African American" when not all black people are African...?)

by GigiWuzAHere on 7/31/2012 10:29:45 AM

Thank you GL so much for this, I've been reading this magazine for a while (I'm 18 now) and while you feature great tips for hair and fashion, you usually feature tips for non-african american body,hair, and skin issues, So Thank you for giving us some tips catered specfically for our unique-ness. Please continue to this!

by sassygirl93 on 7/30/2012 11:22:31 PM

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH GL!!!!! YOU ARE MY ROADMAP TO WOMANHOOD AND YOU TEACH ME SO MUCH AND I AM SOOOOOOOOO GRATEFUL TO YOU!!!!!

by pitbullrox16 on 7/30/2012 10:51:56 PM

THANK- YOU GL!

by KilgoreGURL on 7/30/2012 10:15:49 PM

Thank you!!! I always felt like this site ignored us black girls. I've been waiting for this for sooo long. I can't even use your hair tips sometimes cuz you only help those with fine hair.

by juicypeach09 on 7/30/2012 8:24:38 PM

When will the Fab Fiction results be in? Just wondering. Laughing

hey! I'm not sure. They don't say in the article, but I would think they wouldn't wait too long to post the results Smile

Helen S.

by bubblegum girl on 7/30/2012 7:48:41 PM

I am really happy about this article... I wrote to GL asking about more things for African American girls like myself... maybe this will start a change for more equal opportunity beauty tips! Laughing

by PrincessLuigi14 on 7/30/2012 6:43:34 PM