1 HOURS AGO Are you feelin' the FOMO when you're super busy—we wanna know: http://t.co/UQrYD4QkDD

2 HOURS AGO #PhotoMathApp —homework helper, or cheating device? http://t.co/pUKISaXdYG

3 HOURS AGO 10 last minute costumes straight from your closet: http://t.co/PUCimvKw1G

COMMENTS

Get great hair! Our best 10 African-American hair hints

Love your hair! Just in time for BTS, we’ve gathered the best hair care tips for GL gals with African-American locks. Follow these ten tips to score...

MOD MOD MOD!
I think I speak for all ethnic girls on this site when I say thank u soooooo much for this article! It was informative and one of the first articles on GL that I've seen that is aimed at ethnic chicas! Thank you and keep up the good work!

Hey! you're so welcome. It's about time ;)

Helen S.

by artistchic99 on 7/30/2012 5:10:56 PM

Finally! Y'all never talk about OUR type of hair. Y'all are always talking about wash you hair daily and I'm like yeah I'm black so the rules are a little different. Thank you so much!!!!! I agree with everyone else now y'all need to give us makeup tips.

by Girlygirl0906 on 7/30/2012 3:03:19 PM

This was a great article! I have completely unmanageable hair that only certain products can tame. I'm mixed my mom is site and my dad is African American. I used this amazing line of products in my hair called Mixed Chicks. My hair has never been healthier! I highly recommend it to other mixed girls!

by zozo2903 on 7/30/2012 12:58:18 PM

Hey girls! Need help with styling your hair? Need to know the perfect hairstyle for that special occasion or for bowling with your buds? Then join my group "Hair Styling Help" (http://www.girlslife.com/Club.aspx?id=10902)! I will post hair tips and ideas daily and answer your hair questions daily! Positions are open!

by LovePeaceHope on 7/30/2012 12:53:05 PM

I am not African-American, but I really enjoyed this article. This is the first hair/beauty article i have EVER seen done by GL that is specifically for ethnic hair! I find it a little disappointing that it took so long for you to finally write an article like this. Better late than never, I guess.

by jasperrose on 7/30/2012 10:26:31 AM

ok so im goin to a pool party later, and after that we go to her house for a sleepover, i always staraighten my hair to keep it smooth straight and manageble, but naturally its extra puffy, curly, and frizzy, so after i come out of the pool, my hair gonna poof up, and i wont be able to starighten it cuz im goin to her house, so do u hve any tips or products that will keep my hair from getting frizzy...... Cuz even wen i put it in a pony tail it falls out and comes in my face, so plz help!

Hey girl!

There's a million anti-frizz products out there and they all work pretty well. John Frieda's Frizz-Ease is very popular and effective. I think if you just run some through your hair after you hop out of the pool that can help control your frizz.
Rachael A.

by fashiondiva4 on 7/30/2012 9:54:58 AM

mod mod od mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod mod!
Hi, I love to dance so much. I am trying out for a dance company on August 10th. I am super ecxcited, and one of my teachers said she would vote for me. The audition is three hours, what are some tips? Thx! Smile

Hey girl!

I'm not a dancer so I can't give you any specific dance tips, but I think the key to nailing your audition is to have confidence in yourself. You know what you're capable of, so you just need to show it to the teachers. Auditions can be nerve racking, but just keep the end of the audition in your mind. Imagine yourself doing your best dance ever and making the dance company. You'll do great! Good luck!
Rachael A.

by WinnieGirlie on 7/30/2012 1:42:31 AM

MOD!
This helps a lot, but do you also have tips on straightening this type of hair? Also what is the best type of heat products for ethnic hair? I want to know how to do it myself without hurting my hair. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

We don't have the exact hair tips you're looking for, but these articles might help a little! <3

(These are for curly hair, but they work great for any thick, textured hair) http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/02/14/5-fab-hair-products-for--curly-girlies.aspx
Lauren C.

by caligirl99 on 7/29/2012 10:59:38 PM

♥Need advice on all things girl?♥ ☆Well then, join girls ONLY VIP ☆ ◉We give the best advice on everything, and we are on all the time so we will reply fast!◉✽☼☺

by snagmonkey on 7/29/2012 9:53:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am going to submit for the "model for gl" thing, but should I send in a serious or smiley photo?

Hey girlie,

Try a mix of the two styles. We want to see you looking happy (duh, we want to see your personality!) but not goofing off/acting crazy with your besties. Somewhere in between will be professional, fun, and the best way for us to get to know you through a photo Smile
Lauren C.