4 HOURS AGO How to rock runway hair IRL—see how this amazing teen athlete did it! http://t.co/mPo0TquIk9 #GLBeauty

5 HOURS AGO Sporty style goes chic! Tell us your fave outfit to win!: @OfficialNFLShop http://t.co/sJQuKtqiBw

6 HOURS AGO Does playing hard to get really work out? We have the scoop: http://t.co/aDqcgy19Dr

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

Man, I can barely believe it. This poor girl (and probably many others) was bullied enough to get plastic surgery. I don't like the idea of plastic surgery, especially on young women (and sometimes little girls), but i still feel bad. I mean, I think she should've embraced her look, and if she wanted to, cover her ears with a stylish hairdo if things came to that. But man, PLASTIC SURGERY? Prayers for Nadia.

by cheetah#1 on 8/9/2012 8:34:26 PM

Before reading this article, I knew what comments I would find below it. "She shouldn't have gotten surgery! She was beautiful before! It's what's on the inside that counts!"

The problem with these comments is the lack of originality. "She was beautiful before" does not have an effect on the fact that she had surgery. No one seems to be considering that everyone can have plastic surgery if they so desire.

by sophlida on 8/9/2012 7:09:39 PM

No, she shouldn't have gotten the surgery! Plastic surgery is only succumbing to the cruel words. It's on the inside that counts, and plastic surgery doesn't teach us to love ourselves for who we are, and be proud of what we're made of. Nadia could have taken the opportunity to find people who see her for the beautiful person she was before, and TAKE A STAND against bullying! Also, in the "before" picture she isn't wearing any makeup, and just the makeup can work wonders. We were all born with the things that make us unique, and to go under the knife isn't teaching anyone that beauty is INSIDE and OUT! The bullying would have stopped if she had had the guts to stand up to the bullies. It's great that she's happy, but is that true happiness? Isn't that just showing the bullies that they had the last word?

by wei-lan_98 on 8/9/2012 5:19:02 PM

i would like to say that when i was 6 i had the same surgery that she had on her ears like her my ears stuck out on the sides of my head i wasnt bullied because of them before the surgery but i didnt like my ears the way they were so i got it done. after the surgery i grew keyloids as a reaction to the surgery. i do not regret getting the surgery but i was bullied more after the surgery because i grew keyloids on my ears. the thing now is that im 17 now on saturday im going to get the 1st of 6 treatments to get rid of the keyloids. the reason i didnt do it when i was younger was cause back then the didnt have the kind of treatment that they have now back when i was 6 in order to remove the keyloids it was full on surgery with no guarantee of them being gone forever. now its shots in my ears and lasers with a guarantee that they wont come back.

by rtgirl on 8/9/2012 5:00:54 PM

i think that it was horrible for her to get plastic surgery. maybe it stopped the bullying, but i don't think she tried any of the things that she could of tried, like telling somebody when it first started, or just ignoring them. nobody should feel like they need to change how they look or are because of somebody else. She should have stood up. I would NEVER get plastic surgery.

by iluvuso on 8/9/2012 4:43:48 PM

Bullies didn't make her get surgery--she didn't have enough confidence in herself, so SHE made herself get surgery. She made a poor decision; she was so beautiful before (she still is), so why did she need that? And I agree with kstar813; surgery should be only if her defect was affecting her health. If she couldn't breathe, then by all means. But she was fine.

by Freakout911 on 8/8/2012 9:03:32 AM

I really don't support this. God made her beautiful. I can almost garentee that she is going to regret this in the future.

by PLLbellaboo200 on 8/8/2012 12:23:22 AM

As human beings, most of us have the same basic physical qualities- like eyes & ears.It's easy for us to compare one to another. I find it really too bad though, that there are people who try to force the idea of an ideal image on others, because they don't realize what diversity really means, other than maybe its definition in the dictionary.

So my advice is that since people will always have their own ideas and opinions, you don't need to change. It's not like you can change to accommodate to the liking of everyone. So embrace diversity~ luls. It's very interesting and very precious, and I think we can achieve this (which can also help us lose the "this is how you SHOULD look" attitude) in our society by being happy in our own skin! Smile
Which is another thing- we're constantly looking to "improve" ourselves and the world around us, which makes life SO complicated sometimes. "You need this for flawless skin/to be skinny." It's like, why u no leave me alone? x) yey for natural Smile

by foreverme! on 8/7/2012 8:35:39 PM

Every girl is beautiful. Nadia was really pretty before, but she is really pretty before too! I'm glad she's happy. Though I wished she could have done plastic surgery for herself, not because she was bullied.

by Inspiration on 8/7/2012 1:01:50 PM