9 HOURS AGO Get the scoop on braces: http://t.co/ImZA1x2LpQ

12 HOURS AGO The best eyeshadow for your skin tone: http://t.co/OCA5fYGw39

13 HOURS AGO Happy #bookbirthday to @Scholastic's #SISTERS x @goraina! To celebrate, take our "What kind of sister are you?" quiz: http://t.co/CScBixOtx6

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

I say that she was very pretty before. I would say no to surgery unless her face was really deformed or affecting her health (hearing,breathing, seeing). I dont think plastic surgery is really wrong but unless it is something major, you are fine the way you are. I would not do it.

by kstar813 on 8/7/2012 12:21:14 PM

Wow this is so sad to know that bullying is making her do this, but I think that she looks pretty with and without the surgery, idk, i would not do it, the only thing i would change about myself is the size of my feet and maybe have my teeth a little bit straighter. but nothing to my face, no matter how big my cheeks are. Smile

by j4zm09 on 8/7/2012 12:02:22 PM

I personally don't realty agree to plastic surgery let alone on terns or kids. I would just stay strong and keep in mind how beautifull I am. Any body is dumm to see how preety she is without the surgery. Plus bullies. Will. Always. Be bullies.

by huronsd on 8/6/2012 9:31:48 PM

I don't know. I mean, she is really pretty now, not that she didn't look nice before of course, but still, she was bullied so bad she had to get a plastic surgery. You, the reader, might be getting bullied, but is it enough to change the way you look?

by bananaface13 on 8/6/2012 8:14:04 PM

I think kids shouldn't be getting plastic surgery unless they really do need it. I'm happy for this girl that she found confidence now and that she took action to solve her problem, but I am a little sad that she had to change her facial structures. Maybe she could have gotten a makeover, like a new hair style, some makeup, and a new wardrobe. But I think plastic surgery was just too far.

by alexia_directioner<3 on 8/6/2012 6:10:27 PM

As much as I love her story, I don't think I would get plastic surgery. I would stay myself and be proud!

by LOLGirl109 on 8/6/2012 4:56:40 PM

how was her face deformed? her nose and chin look exactly the same. this reminds me of the book "Uglies"

by greenwillow14 on 8/6/2012 4:32:10 PM

While I can't say that I blame her for wanting to fix what caused the bullying, I really don't think that this is a good idea. For one thing, it does send out the message that if people pick on you, there is something wrong with YOU and that you should fix it, when in reality the people who pick on you are the ones with the problem. Also, bullies will always be bullies. If they want to continue picking on her, they can find other things to pick on. That's the thing about bullies: it's not really about the specific thing they make fun of, it's the fact that they like to tear other people down.

by supersingershannon on 8/6/2012 4:04:10 PM

i love how people like get free help but wont she get bullied for getting surgery. her ears didn't stick out that far from the beginning. everyone's made beautiful in there own special way.

by tennishappy on 8/6/2012 2:02:01 PM

I think that it's great in all that theres a charity that helps kids with stuff like that but if she really wanted the bulling to stop she should've gotten help . I mean it doesn't say anywhere that she asked for help from an adult. Or maybe she thought the bulling was worse than what it really was cause she didn't have enough self confidence . But in my own words I think that plastic surgery is wrong for kids

by Yoursister on 8/6/2012 1:06:34 PM