3 HOURS AGO 20 ways to flirt with your crush: http://t.co/M6GN4Lfh2r

4 HOURS AGO RT @InternQueen: SO excited to have execs from @USATODAYcollege @GOLINglobal @girlslifemag & more at 1st ever #InternQueenParty #DC! http:/http://t.co/FPbSl5siz2

4 HOURS AGO Glam up with @thegivermovie-inspired nail polish: http://t.co/BZdTlAzmjY

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

I agree with supergrl1093. That money could have been used to help a teen/ child with actual facial deformities, not a person whose ears stick out too much. And she might get teased for having plastic surgery! I don't think I'd choose this for myself:^\...

by Vjazzy08 on 8/6/2012 10:28:09 AM

i agree with barenziah97! even though she got surgery and her ears stuck out (which i didnt even notice they did..) the bullies can bully her for getting surgery! yes its hard to deal with bullies but everyone is pretty the way they are! its not right. and it doesnt stop people from bullying!! some people bully for the stupidest reasons...or sometimes they dont have sany reason at all...they just bully people so that can build THEIR self essteim. but there no such thing as making your self prettier. everyone is pretty! its just not right!! everyone around the world are bullied! and sometimes its thing they CANT change and have surgery for! like people who are mentaly challenged! they cant change that! people born with 1 arm! even though they can get legs if they dont have any...but its definatly not the feel of a real one. how about people with cancer? they can be bullied! and they cant do anything about it!! they go to tons of doctors too! you are beautiful the way you are!

by caseycat16 on 8/6/2012 9:14:04 AM

Her ears never stuck out that far to begin with. The people bullying her should just get a life. And although I think it's great that that this organization wants to help children and teens boost their self-esteem, imagine how else that money for Nadia's surgeries could have been used. It could have helped a young child with burn scars or a clef-lip... And not a girl with ears that "stick out too much".

by supergrl1093 on 8/5/2012 10:00:17 PM

The only problem is that now, if people are heartless enough, she might get teased for getting surgery. I'm not sure that surgery is just going to fix the problem.. it might change the way she looks but it doesn't change the nature of the bullies. She is beautiful now, but was just as beautiful before too, and it's sad that people bully others to extent of them wanting to change how they look. I hope all goes well for her when she goes back to school anyway <3

by barenziah97 on 8/5/2012 9:27:00 PM

I understand why she did it, but being teased for your EARS sticking out is not a huge deal. Thousands of teens are teased for no reason, or for something like being crippled or mentally retarded. I can't understand how someone would have the nerve to mess with what God gave them for something so small when people with problems that don't even compare are committing suicide and having serious emotional trauma from what kids are doing.

by kenzi143 on 8/5/2012 7:27:57 PM

You should be comfortable in your own skin and not listen to the things people tell you. You are amazing just the way your are and NOBODY should tell you to change that!

by depacdancer1104 on 8/5/2012 12:03:20 PM

I think it's really up to you. I'm 100% fine with young girls having plastic surgery as long as it truly makes them feel better about themselves. If it gives someone a confidence boost, it shouldn't matter whether or not it took plastic surgery to give them that.

by vanessakay on 8/4/2012 11:39:21 PM

No offense but this girl is weak! Two years ago i was shorter and chubbier than all the rest of the kids in my class. They would call me a fattie, tell me not to eat during lunch and boys would out me on the bottom of thier "hot list". People who i thought were my best friends teased me. But i never, ever even wanted to change myself for others. This is how God made me and i'm sorry if you don't like it. I'll always think I'm cute no matter what anyone says. This girl is shallow and her parents must be demented for letting thier daughter go through surgery that she doesn't need. smdh at that spoiled brat and her spoiled parents and that very rotten hospital.

by juicypeach09 on 8/4/2012 9:45:27 PM

I have a big nose and am teased for it all the time. I guess i could understand because it is pretty hard to take. I'm all about being confident in how you look and ignoring those who tease but sometimes it's pretty difficult. I, for one didn't notice here ears stuck out, and am surprised they offered her FREE surgery. But i guess that just shows how cruel people can be. I am happy she can live her life in peace now, though! Smile

by maddie1221 on 8/4/2012 8:21:12 PM

OMG! Seriously???!!! First always be PROUD of how you look. And surgery? Sure it makes the teasing stop, but it says nothing for your personal determanation! I dont care what people say, this is you not some bully.

by sarebear118 on 8/4/2012 7:54:48 PM