1 HOURS AGO He canceled on her to hit the movies with someone else–what would you do? http://t.co/iquGB2KiUL

2 HOURS AGO This original poem gives us all a new look at love: http://t.co/0zr0C7Xxma

3 HOURS AGO One lucky #grandprize winner bags a bunch of fab fall fashion from @JouJou_Jeans at @Nordstrom: http://t.co/HYsw4n4QDN

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

This company gave her plastic surgery because she WANTED it? How shallow and stupid. The money spent on the plastic surgery solely used to make someone "prettier" could have been used by the charity to help someone with cleft lip and palate or another deformity. How spoiled that girl is. This is sickening.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 8/4/2012 7:07:22 PM

I don't think someone should change the way they look just because someone else pushes them into it. Chances are, the people making fun of you are insecure themselves. Be proud of who you are! Hey, you were born this way, and you should stick with who you are! As long as you're happy with the way you look, no one else's opinion should matter, right?

by 2funE on 8/4/2012 5:28:58 PM

I get made fun of because I have acne in my ears and have a big nose! But, Im happy how i look, i am a strong believer that you look pretty now matter how ugly you are on the outside!

by YayaYuiki on 8/4/2012 3:41:00 PM

This is ridiculous, there are hundreds of children with legitimate deformaties, and she didn't have any and got the surgery for free?! This also makes me sad because bullying should never get the the point where you have a surgery to change it.

by fashionloveandcheer on 8/4/2012 10:59:03 AM

That story is just plain sad.

by giggle123 on 8/4/2012 8:22:58 AM

I think that girls should be confident in who they are. However, it was her decision, and if getting the surgery made her feel confident, then I think that's okay.

by eemmais1 on 8/4/2012 3:09:26 AM

I cant believe this girl got $40,000 in free cosmetic surgery! She didn't have a deformity and there are kids out there that really do have them and cant afford the surgery! All because her ears sticks out bit and because she wasn't a strong person she gets $40,000! This makes me sick.

by Chloe<3 on 8/3/2012 9:29:29 PM

wait...i thought she just got her ears pinned back... but in the pic it looks like her whole face is changed!!

by legallyginger12345 on 8/3/2012 8:45:19 PM

I think all you girls are right, everyone is beautiful just the way they are. But we weren't in her situation, and we don't know how bad the bullying was. I don't disagree with any of you. Yes, maybe she should have been a little more confident in herself, but remember, bullying can drive people to suicide. Which one is the better option? We can't judge the situation since we don't know how bad the bullying was. I have to admit, I might have considered surgery if it was bad. I realize that we are all unique, but if this girl felt insecure (or suicidal!!!) and obliged to have this done, I respect her decision. It's even better that she got it done for free. This is her face, and who are we to judge her??

by sweetpea185 on 8/3/2012 8:43:44 PM

NO WAY!! Why should we have to give up our integrity and our unique qualities!

by lucascousin on 8/3/2012 4:09:37 PM