Bridget M.

is modding

11 HOURS AGO The one guy in class who's always blocking when your crush is around: http://t.co/x5eVoNBasu

14 HOURS AGO Betcha never knew THIS could cure your headache: http://t.co/7N2Zvgihsy

15 HOURS AGO The Grinch or Buddy the Elf—which Christmas movie is totally YOU? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/tB7jzg6gnZ

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

i HATE this story. i dont think girls should be insecure because i have never seen an ugly person in my life. i don't care how society thinks a person should look because EVERYONE is beautiful. UGH this just makes me so frustrated!!!

by tswiftluver13 on 8/3/2012 1:54:55 AM

Hmmm? I don't really like this. I agree with peetoes7. That was not a deformity. I agree with GirlsLife too. It's giving a bad message to some girls who are very vulnerable.

by Shannon.Smiles on 8/3/2012 12:10:27 AM

She does not have facial deformities so I don't know why she was even offered a free surgery. She was beautiful the way she was but bullying can go pretty far and if it was far enough to make her get surgery than it had to be bad.

by kaycris on 8/3/2012 12:07:47 AM

The problem is, someone will always find something to put you down for. People need to be confident in themselves or else every single person will end up getting plastic surgery and haters still won't be happy. It's sad that this young lady wasn't secure enough to accept herself.

by cecily on 8/3/2012 12:01:15 AM

that's horrible!!!

by myfatsquirrel on 8/2/2012 11:26:28 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Alright, I'm 13 going into 8th grade. I'm allowed to wear make up now. I have acne on my face and sometimes it can get pretty bad. I want to use a foundation to cover it up some but I HATE the feeling of oil on my face and the powder comes off easier so I don't want it to come off in the middle of the day. I haven't worn make up this year at all except for once and I broke out the next day. I want to wear it sometimes but not all the time. How do i wear make up sometimes and not other times with out looking naked on my face? Also, are there and brands that you suggest for make up and to help get rid of face, chest, and back acne? Thank You sooo much! Any Advice from anyone is helpful! Smile

Hey girlie,

To keep things natural, try using a liquid foundation (I use L'Oreal True Match foundation) or tinted moisturizer on your face. Pour a tiny amount onto your palm, then use a fingertip to dab some in each general area of your face. Then, use a foam wedge to smooth the makeup into your skin and blend it outward. Since these are lighter than using concealer, foundation AND powder, you'll feel like you're wearing no makeup at all! And it's subtle so, if you don't wear makeup one day, it won't look super weird Smile

P.S. check out this article on nixing body acne for good: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/07/18/Beat-body-acne-4-steps-to-clear-skin.aspx
Lauren C.

by Cowsrule11 on 8/2/2012 11:10:11 PM

Watch her now get bullied for getting surgery. Being like "Your soo ugly you needed to get surgery!!!" Etc...

by Chloe<3 on 8/2/2012 11:09:23 PM

That is awful. I don't like how I look and yeah, I get bullied for how I look, but I certainly NEVER thought about actually getting a free plastic surgery from a charity! This reminds me of another thing I read about this little girl who got plastic surgery to also fix her ears since the other kids made fun of her. What makes these parents think that surgery is the right thing to do?

by purplenurple88 on 8/2/2012 10:35:01 PM

Gosh people, come on. We have no idea how far the teasing went and how it affected her. So if she thought it was the right thing to do, then I agree with her. Now I wouldn't do it to myself because I have never been bullied for anything.

by Peach'N'Cream on 8/2/2012 10:34:14 PM

It says that the charity helps kids with facial DEFORMITIES. Nadia didn't have a facial deformity she was beautiful just the way she was. She and the messed up people bullying her need to realize that too. She was beautiful just the way she was and didn't need any surgery.

by peetoes7 on 8/2/2012 10:06:30 PM