6 HOURS AGO Why using dryer sheets could be a health risk 😷:http://t.co/5YY4YXjU6ww

9 HOURS AGO Forget whatcha heard! Gingers do, indeed, have souls: http://t.co/00mxgpFRev

10 HOURS AGO Is Lauren from @FifthHarmony chick secretly dating a member of @TheVampsband? http://t.co/YDLnDrNTIm #harmonizers

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

Ok so im going into middle school aka 7th grade so im a little nervous about getting to class on time i get all a's so any ideas how to calm myself and make sure i know how to get to each class on time next question is i take dance and last year i took 2 dance classes this year im taking 3 it is alot of money so i offerd to pay for a coustume and dance shoes im paying for my shoes but i still feel really bad for making tthem spend olall this money how do i know its ging to be ok?

Hey girlie,

For 7th grade, I know it's a big jump - but you're only scared right now because it's so unfamiliar. Give yourself about a week to get used to it. It'll feel scary and overwhelming during that first week, but that's ok! Everyone else will be feeling the exact same worries Smile Take your time and don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher/trusted older student if you need it. After that first week, you'll settle into a routine and it'll feel totally fine! <3

As for dance, are you really committed to it? Is their "investment" in your hobby worth it? If so, then try not to worry about it. If your parents couldn't afford the classes/costumes, they wouldn't offer to do it for you. But if you enjoy it, are serious about it, and appreciate it, then it's worth it Smile
Lauren C.

by poptart64 on 8/2/2012 7:10:42 PM

i know what this is like. being bullied for how you look, and honestly, i don't blame her. all you people saying she shouldn't have and she's wrong, you have obviously never been called ugly and been given nasty names on a daily basis. walk a mile in her shoes and see how you would feel. i know what that is like and it's terrible. i think if it makes her more confident then good for her! i'm happy for her Smile

by Kalulah on 8/2/2012 7:09:07 PM

I have never been bullied but I hate the way I look. I'm overweight, which causes a lot of self esteem issues for me... but I don't think I'm very pretty besides that. I know I should accept the way I look and love myself but I just can't. I've tried to make myself throw up before because I felt guilty for eating, and sometimes I look in the mirror and start crying.
I don't want to see myself as ugly! Do you have any ideas on what to do?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

DEFINITELY don't try to make yourself feel bad over this. Hurting yourself out of guilt isn't the answer! Instead, try to make your goal something healthy, like "getting in shape" or "feeling like yourself again." You're feeling bad about being overweight because you aren't taking care of yourself in the way that you deserve. I'm not saying you need to lose weight - but it's proven that exercise, eating right, and dolling yourself up once in a while (with clothes that suit your bod, a dash of makeup, a fun hairstyle) can improve your mood. To get started, check out our Workouts section and pick some that sound fun: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx Exercising releases endorphins that make us feel good about ourselves, which is really important! And it can also make you feel active, like you're tackling this issue and learning to love yourself by treating your body with respect. I think it's a great place to start <3 And don't forget - if you ever feel overwhelmed with your feelings or tempted to hurt yourself in some way, please talk to someone. A parent, clergy person, counselor, teacher, friend's parent, etc. can really help you sort through these emotions and get back on track.
Lauren C.

by Emiegal on 8/2/2012 6:31:30 PM

You Are NOT Alone<3
This is a club for girls who feel very insecure to come here for advice and tips on how to love yourself! i use to be very insecure and i still am at points. Just know that your not alone girlies! You can come here to share your insecurities and help other girls too! I just want everyone to know that they ARE beautiful no matter what "flaws" they have! <3
Much Love,
~AlysonSmile
PLEASE JOIN!

by Alykat18 on 8/2/2012 6:21:56 PM

This just makes me mad. God made her that way for a reason. She was beautiful the way she was! but then she gave in to the bullies and showed them that they won. and she hasn't even had enough time to grow into her body! if she would've just toughened up for a few years and waited, then she would've grown into her big nose and big ears! this just makes me sick...whatever i hope that the pain was worth it and that she is happy with who she is now. she may be pretty on the outside now, but what about the inside? that's all that matters in the long run.

by Alykat18 on 8/2/2012 5:51:07 PM

Are you kidding me everyone is beautiful in their own way . She is complety wrong for this and so is her mother ,for letting her daughther do this to her self . It wouldn't matter how unatractive anyone's kids are its just wrong for letting a kid get this done .Us as kids have our lives to live and plastic surgery is not one of the things I intend on doing because it makes you uglier than you were before.

by OneDirection1843 on 8/2/2012 5:45:47 PM

I was bprn with a birthmark on my face and everyone except some of my friends bullyed me about it they called me mole face. i got it removed last year but i kinda regret my decision.

by madisonhaille on 8/2/2012 5:43:24 PM

Ok, you can't hate on this girl for her choices, but I still don't think that you need to change the way you act or look because it isn't right to become who others think you should be.

by madds07 on 8/2/2012 5:39:19 PM

i wonder if i could get my big nose fixed for free...but honestly i don't care what people say about my nose. i wouldn't change me at all, cause God made me this way <3 and i think Nadia will get made fun of for getting plastic sugery now. She looks too fake, and should've just learned to love herself. But if she's happy then i guess its okSmile

by Alykat18 on 8/2/2012 5:38:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Since I dance ballet I need to stretch frequently, I was wondering if there was a way I could get motivated to stretch more often!

Hey girlie,

Try stretching while you're doing other activities! It might feel weird at first, but hop up during TV commercials to do your stretch routine or stretch while you're reading a book for school. Even for 5 min right before you go to bed! If you work it into your daily routine, you'll get into the habit of doing them all the time Smile
Lauren C.