4 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

5 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

5 HOURS AGO Me when I hear people talking trash about my favorite celeb #fangirl #5ever http://t.co/Ne18MXCILD

COMMENTS

Could bullies make you get plastic surgery?

Nadia Ilse had been brutally teased by her peers for years. They called her “Dumbo” because her ears stick out a bit. Nadia was miserable, so when...

Poor girl. You should be proud of who you are and people shouldn't make fun of you for the way you look

by I Luv Carson on 10/16/2012 4:44:45 PM

In the words of lady Gaga: "I was born this way, baby"

by boycrazy4a on 8/31/2012 8:07:45 PM

Wow, so sad. She's happy, but, idk, i couldnt have done tht

by ColosalMascara on 8/30/2012 11:05:36 AM

I can't help but notice how similar this is to getting breast surgery. But really, in the end, bullies will just find something else to tease her about. I read somewhere that before you get any kind of plastic surgery, you ask yourself this: are you getting this for yourself, or for everyone else? I think Nadia did this for everyone else. I'm happy that she's happy, but i think she could also be happy if she let people love her for who she really is, not what some doctor did for her.

by cityduck on 8/28/2012 10:08:38 AM

It's one thing to have plastic surgery if somthing is wrong, like you are born with a cleft palet (hole in the roof of your mouth), like I was, and another if you get surgery to change how you look. I'm glad she's glad, but she should have just loved herself the way she is. Why not make the most of the nickname "Dumbo"? He's an amazing flying elephant! Take the "insults" and turn them into compliments.

by smileurastar on 8/27/2012 9:49:11 AM

They do bully me, but usually behind my back. But they can say whatever the heck they want, because I don't care!
I'm a free girl, baby!

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/12/2012 9:13:08 PM

My best friend did the same thing. Her ears stuck out so she got them pinned back. You make it sound so intense with the "plastic surgery" thing though, it's not like she rearranged her whole face! My friend had it done when she was 12 and she was never bullied, in fact she was more on the popular side. She did it for her though. She wanted to do it, she didn't do it for anyone else. It's fine!

by mdo556 on 8/11/2012 1:05:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Im a teenager, (13) and I want a nose job more than anything! my sisters make fun of me because I look like a "horse", I have a wide nose, and to be honest, it is wide. I hate taking pictures just because of it! What should I do? convince my parents to get a nosejob? Or be happy for what I have? Please help! Thankyou Smile

Hey girlie,

I totally understand where you're coming from! It's hard enough going through puberty/growing up, trying to get cozy in your own skin, but it's especially hard to love your bod when other people are making you feel bad about it. But trust me - this is NOT something you should worry about right now. Throughout your teen years as you're going through puberty and getting older, who knows how your looks will change! Don't mess with your face with plastic surgery while your body is going through all those natural changes. As your bod is taking its natural course, go through the next 7 years and get to know yourself on the inside - what you like, what you don't like, what makes you happy and fulfilled. Meet new people, have adventures, and grow into the person you're going to be. If it still bothers you by the time you're out of your teens, then consider it. I know plastic surgery isn't something I would consider for myself but, if it improves someone's self confidence and makes their life better, then I think I support it. HOWEVER you aren't done growing yet - don't rush it! Be confident with what you have because it's unique and it's part of who you are. If your sisters say something nasty again, don't stoop to their level by throwing insults back at them. Shrug and say, "Whatever. It's my nose and I like it." Then walk away. Show them it doesn't bother you - and they'll get bored with saying it. You're beautiful and you deserve to be happy! And the best part is, you control your happiness Smile Tell yourself you love yourself - and you'll start to feel it <3
Lauren C.

by katiebieber on 8/10/2012 12:17:11 AM

i can definitely see how she would think this is the easy way out. the truth is, it is the easy way out! but as she grows up, she will realize people will no longer care about her big ears or chin (although i noticed nothing of the chin). so basically, she could have gotten help the healthier, better way. but i am not in the position. none of us are but her, so we do not know how desperate she felt or what her true situation was.

by juicyfruit101 on 8/9/2012 9:39:34 PM

The main part that bugs me is where she said the bullying NEVER would have stopped if she hadn't gotten the surgery. That's just not true. Kids grow up. They realize big ears aren't a big deal. There are adults that could have helped her. I'm sad that some kids like her feel that bullying WILL NOT stop unless the one being bullied changes. There is nothing wrong with you if you are bullied. It is always, always not your fault and the bully should be the one changing. If faced with a similar situation I would hope readers would turn to a trusted adult to fix the bullying situation. People are free to choose plastic surgery if they want. There are definite risks, but if it makes you more confident or healthier it can be a consideration. But it's just very sad that she felt this was her ONLY option.

by marleeb on 8/9/2012 8:40:08 PM

Man, I can barely believe it. This poor girl (and probably many others) was bullied enough to get plastic surgery. I don't like the idea of plastic surgery, especially on young women (and sometimes little girls), but i still feel bad. I mean, I think she should've embraced her look, and if she wanted to, cover her ears with a stylish hairdo if things came to that. But man, PLASTIC SURGERY? Prayers for Nadia.

by cheetah#1 on 8/9/2012 8:34:26 PM

Before reading this article, I knew what comments I would find below it. "She shouldn't have gotten surgery! She was beautiful before! It's what's on the inside that counts!"

The problem with these comments is the lack of originality. "She was beautiful before" does not have an effect on the fact that she had surgery. No one seems to be considering that everyone can have plastic surgery if they so desire.

by sophlida on 8/9/2012 7:09:39 PM

No, she shouldn't have gotten the surgery! Plastic surgery is only succumbing to the cruel words. It's on the inside that counts, and plastic surgery doesn't teach us to love ourselves for who we are, and be proud of what we're made of. Nadia could have taken the opportunity to find people who see her for the beautiful person she was before, and TAKE A STAND against bullying! Also, in the "before" picture she isn't wearing any makeup, and just the makeup can work wonders. We were all born with the things that make us unique, and to go under the knife isn't teaching anyone that beauty is INSIDE and OUT! The bullying would have stopped if she had had the guts to stand up to the bullies. It's great that she's happy, but is that true happiness? Isn't that just showing the bullies that they had the last word?

by wei-lan_98 on 8/9/2012 5:19:02 PM

i would like to say that when i was 6 i had the same surgery that she had on her ears like her my ears stuck out on the sides of my head i wasnt bullied because of them before the surgery but i didnt like my ears the way they were so i got it done. after the surgery i grew keyloids as a reaction to the surgery. i do not regret getting the surgery but i was bullied more after the surgery because i grew keyloids on my ears. the thing now is that im 17 now on saturday im going to get the 1st of 6 treatments to get rid of the keyloids. the reason i didnt do it when i was younger was cause back then the didnt have the kind of treatment that they have now back when i was 6 in order to remove the keyloids it was full on surgery with no guarantee of them being gone forever. now its shots in my ears and lasers with a guarantee that they wont come back.

by rtgirl on 8/9/2012 5:00:54 PM

i think that it was horrible for her to get plastic surgery. maybe it stopped the bullying, but i don't think she tried any of the things that she could of tried, like telling somebody when it first started, or just ignoring them. nobody should feel like they need to change how they look or are because of somebody else. She should have stood up. I would NEVER get plastic surgery.

by iluvuso on 8/9/2012 4:43:48 PM

Bullies didn't make her get surgery--she didn't have enough confidence in herself, so SHE made herself get surgery. She made a poor decision; she was so beautiful before (she still is), so why did she need that? And I agree with kstar813; surgery should be only if her defect was affecting her health. If she couldn't breathe, then by all means. But she was fine.

by Freakout911 on 8/8/2012 9:03:32 AM

I really don't support this. God made her beautiful. I can almost garentee that she is going to regret this in the future.

by PLLbellaboo200 on 8/8/2012 12:23:22 AM

As human beings, most of us have the same basic physical qualities- like eyes & ears.It's easy for us to compare one to another. I find it really too bad though, that there are people who try to force the idea of an ideal image on others, because they don't realize what diversity really means, other than maybe its definition in the dictionary.

So my advice is that since people will always have their own ideas and opinions, you don't need to change. It's not like you can change to accommodate to the liking of everyone. So embrace diversity~ luls. It's very interesting and very precious, and I think we can achieve this (which can also help us lose the "this is how you SHOULD look" attitude) in our society by being happy in our own skin! Smile
Which is another thing- we're constantly looking to "improve" ourselves and the world around us, which makes life SO complicated sometimes. "You need this for flawless skin/to be skinny." It's like, why u no leave me alone? x) yey for natural Smile

by foreverme! on 8/7/2012 8:35:39 PM

Every girl is beautiful. Nadia was really pretty before, but she is really pretty before too! I'm glad she's happy. Though I wished she could have done plastic surgery for herself, not because she was bullied.

by Inspiration on 8/7/2012 1:01:50 PM

That's sad .

by Meganmad2930 on 8/7/2012 12:33:11 PM

I say that she was very pretty before. I would say no to surgery unless her face was really deformed or affecting her health (hearing,breathing, seeing). I dont think plastic surgery is really wrong but unless it is something major, you are fine the way you are. I would not do it.

by kstar813 on 8/7/2012 12:21:14 PM

Wow this is so sad to know that bullying is making her do this, but I think that she looks pretty with and without the surgery, idk, i would not do it, the only thing i would change about myself is the size of my feet and maybe have my teeth a little bit straighter. but nothing to my face, no matter how big my cheeks are. Smile

by j4zm09 on 8/7/2012 12:02:22 PM

I personally don't realty agree to plastic surgery let alone on terns or kids. I would just stay strong and keep in mind how beautifull I am. Any body is dumm to see how preety she is without the surgery. Plus bullies. Will. Always. Be bullies.

by huronsd on 8/6/2012 9:31:48 PM

I don't know. I mean, she is really pretty now, not that she didn't look nice before of course, but still, she was bullied so bad she had to get a plastic surgery. You, the reader, might be getting bullied, but is it enough to change the way you look?

by bananaface13 on 8/6/2012 8:14:04 PM

I think kids shouldn't be getting plastic surgery unless they really do need it. I'm happy for this girl that she found confidence now and that she took action to solve her problem, but I am a little sad that she had to change her facial structures. Maybe she could have gotten a makeover, like a new hair style, some makeup, and a new wardrobe. But I think plastic surgery was just too far.

by alexia_directioner<3 on 8/6/2012 6:10:27 PM

As much as I love her story, I don't think I would get plastic surgery. I would stay myself and be proud!

by LOLGirl109 on 8/6/2012 4:56:40 PM

how was her face deformed? her nose and chin look exactly the same. this reminds me of the book "Uglies"

by greenwillow14 on 8/6/2012 4:32:10 PM

While I can't say that I blame her for wanting to fix what caused the bullying, I really don't think that this is a good idea. For one thing, it does send out the message that if people pick on you, there is something wrong with YOU and that you should fix it, when in reality the people who pick on you are the ones with the problem. Also, bullies will always be bullies. If they want to continue picking on her, they can find other things to pick on. That's the thing about bullies: it's not really about the specific thing they make fun of, it's the fact that they like to tear other people down.

by supersingershannon on 8/6/2012 4:04:10 PM

i love how people like get free help but wont she get bullied for getting surgery. her ears didn't stick out that far from the beginning. everyone's made beautiful in there own special way.

by tennishappy on 8/6/2012 2:02:01 PM

I think that it's great in all that theres a charity that helps kids with stuff like that but if she really wanted the bulling to stop she should've gotten help . I mean it doesn't say anywhere that she asked for help from an adult. Or maybe she thought the bulling was worse than what it really was cause she didn't have enough self confidence . But in my own words I think that plastic surgery is wrong for kids

by Yoursister on 8/6/2012 1:06:34 PM

I agree with supergrl1093. That money could have been used to help a teen/ child with actual facial deformities, not a person whose ears stick out too much. And she might get teased for having plastic surgery! I don't think I'd choose this for myself:^\...

by Vjazzy08 on 8/6/2012 10:28:09 AM

i agree with barenziah97! even though she got surgery and her ears stuck out (which i didnt even notice they did..) the bullies can bully her for getting surgery! yes its hard to deal with bullies but everyone is pretty the way they are! its not right. and it doesnt stop people from bullying!! some people bully for the stupidest reasons...or sometimes they dont have sany reason at all...they just bully people so that can build THEIR self essteim. but there no such thing as making your self prettier. everyone is pretty! its just not right!! everyone around the world are bullied! and sometimes its thing they CANT change and have surgery for! like people who are mentaly challenged! they cant change that! people born with 1 arm! even though they can get legs if they dont have any...but its definatly not the feel of a real one. how about people with cancer? they can be bullied! and they cant do anything about it!! they go to tons of doctors too! you are beautiful the way you are!

by caseycat16 on 8/6/2012 9:14:04 AM

Her ears never stuck out that far to begin with. The people bullying her should just get a life. And although I think it's great that that this organization wants to help children and teens boost their self-esteem, imagine how else that money for Nadia's surgeries could have been used. It could have helped a young child with burn scars or a clef-lip... And not a girl with ears that "stick out too much".

by supergrl1093 on 8/5/2012 10:00:17 PM

The only problem is that now, if people are heartless enough, she might get teased for getting surgery. I'm not sure that surgery is just going to fix the problem.. it might change the way she looks but it doesn't change the nature of the bullies. She is beautiful now, but was just as beautiful before too, and it's sad that people bully others to extent of them wanting to change how they look. I hope all goes well for her when she goes back to school anyway <3

by barenziah97 on 8/5/2012 9:27:00 PM

I understand why she did it, but being teased for your EARS sticking out is not a huge deal. Thousands of teens are teased for no reason, or for something like being crippled or mentally retarded. I can't understand how someone would have the nerve to mess with what God gave them for something so small when people with problems that don't even compare are committing suicide and having serious emotional trauma from what kids are doing.

by kenzi143 on 8/5/2012 7:27:57 PM

You should be comfortable in your own skin and not listen to the things people tell you. You are amazing just the way your are and NOBODY should tell you to change that!

by depacdancer1104 on 8/5/2012 12:03:20 PM

I think it's really up to you. I'm 100% fine with young girls having plastic surgery as long as it truly makes them feel better about themselves. If it gives someone a confidence boost, it shouldn't matter whether or not it took plastic surgery to give them that.

by vanessakay on 8/4/2012 11:39:21 PM

No offense but this girl is weak! Two years ago i was shorter and chubbier than all the rest of the kids in my class. They would call me a fattie, tell me not to eat during lunch and boys would out me on the bottom of thier "hot list". People who i thought were my best friends teased me. But i never, ever even wanted to change myself for others. This is how God made me and i'm sorry if you don't like it. I'll always think I'm cute no matter what anyone says. This girl is shallow and her parents must be demented for letting thier daughter go through surgery that she doesn't need. smdh at that spoiled brat and her spoiled parents and that very rotten hospital.

by juicypeach09 on 8/4/2012 9:45:27 PM

I have a big nose and am teased for it all the time. I guess i could understand because it is pretty hard to take. I'm all about being confident in how you look and ignoring those who tease but sometimes it's pretty difficult. I, for one didn't notice here ears stuck out, and am surprised they offered her FREE surgery. But i guess that just shows how cruel people can be. I am happy she can live her life in peace now, though! Smile

by maddie1221 on 8/4/2012 8:21:12 PM

OMG! Seriously???!!! First always be PROUD of how you look. And surgery? Sure it makes the teasing stop, but it says nothing for your personal determanation! I dont care what people say, this is you not some bully.

by sarebear118 on 8/4/2012 7:54:48 PM

This company gave her plastic surgery because she WANTED it? How shallow and stupid. The money spent on the plastic surgery solely used to make someone "prettier" could have been used by the charity to help someone with cleft lip and palate or another deformity. How spoiled that girl is. This is sickening.

by Harry-Potter-Fan on 8/4/2012 7:07:22 PM

I don't think someone should change the way they look just because someone else pushes them into it. Chances are, the people making fun of you are insecure themselves. Be proud of who you are! Hey, you were born this way, and you should stick with who you are! As long as you're happy with the way you look, no one else's opinion should matter, right?

by 2funE on 8/4/2012 5:28:58 PM

I get made fun of because I have acne in my ears and have a big nose! But, Im happy how i look, i am a strong believer that you look pretty now matter how ugly you are on the outside!

by YayaYuiki on 8/4/2012 3:41:00 PM

This is ridiculous, there are hundreds of children with legitimate deformaties, and she didn't have any and got the surgery for free?! This also makes me sad because bullying should never get the the point where you have a surgery to change it.

by fashionloveandcheer on 8/4/2012 10:59:03 AM

That story is just plain sad.

by giggle123 on 8/4/2012 8:22:58 AM

I think that girls should be confident in who they are. However, it was her decision, and if getting the surgery made her feel confident, then I think that's okay.

by eemmais1 on 8/4/2012 3:09:26 AM

I cant believe this girl got $40,000 in free cosmetic surgery! She didn't have a deformity and there are kids out there that really do have them and cant afford the surgery! All because her ears sticks out bit and because she wasn't a strong person she gets $40,000! This makes me sick.

by Chloe<3 on 8/3/2012 9:29:29 PM

wait...i thought she just got her ears pinned back... but in the pic it looks like her whole face is changed!!

by legallyginger12345 on 8/3/2012 8:45:19 PM

I think all you girls are right, everyone is beautiful just the way they are. But we weren't in her situation, and we don't know how bad the bullying was. I don't disagree with any of you. Yes, maybe she should have been a little more confident in herself, but remember, bullying can drive people to suicide. Which one is the better option? We can't judge the situation since we don't know how bad the bullying was. I have to admit, I might have considered surgery if it was bad. I realize that we are all unique, but if this girl felt insecure (or suicidal!!!) and obliged to have this done, I respect her decision. It's even better that she got it done for free. This is her face, and who are we to judge her??

by sweetpea185 on 8/3/2012 8:43:44 PM

NO WAY!! Why should we have to give up our integrity and our unique qualities!

by lucascousin on 8/3/2012 4:09:37 PM

That's so sad. She wasn't even done growing, she most likely would have grown into her look and body. And who isn't awkward in their teens? And even if she didn't she would have matured from the bullies by that time. That money could have gone to a kid who needed it.

@petiteprincess98 I agree with you!

by svds on 8/3/2012 3:20:42 PM

Mod Mod my friends are having a birthday party and i am invited and i accepted and as soon after she told me to boys who bully me are going . I really don't know what to do .

Hey girl!

If you don't go, you'll be missing out on a fun time. So if those boys start bullying you at the party, walk away from them. Try and stay in constant conversation with your friends so they don't have a chance to talk to you. Don't make eye contact with them. If you respond to their bullying, it only gives them reason to bully you more.

Rachael A.

by OneDirection1843 on 8/3/2012 1:32:14 PM

Brand new advice queen page!!! Smile

*fashion
*beauty
*boys
*health
*fitness
*friendship
*life

Quality advice for all of these aspects! Ask away pretty ladies Smile

xoxo
<3 Whitney

by beauty4girls on 8/3/2012 12:53:48 PM

Hey we're all pretty girls and we all have problems right?!

Blog about it babes!

*****come check out my NEW club! Pretty Girl Problems <3***

In need of a...

*VP
*Treasurer
*Secretary

Comment on the page for an application! (:

xoxo *muah<3

by beauty4girls on 8/3/2012 12:41:27 PM

My friend had ears like that and she got that surgery this year to get her ears pinned back.

by Im.Unique.YAY! on 8/3/2012 11:51:42 AM

Okay, so I was at a private school, which you'd think that there would be less bullying, but there is wayy more. I was bullied and I had no friends in my class of eight. I had one friend in the whole school. I am going to the public school next year and I'm extremely nervous. One girl (that I don't even know, might I add) decided that she hates me and told my public school friends that I'd better stay out of her way and might've also called me some names. Like I said, I don't know this girl, but she is powerful. She can make everyone believe something that isn't true. She made half of my BFF's friends turn against her. What should I do? If I tell anyone, she'll deny it. Please help! Thanks in advance.
-- Bridget

Hey sweetie! This girl might be able to tell likes about you while you aren't there, but once you show up at school and people get to know you, they will choose on their own whether or not to believe her.  If you're nice and open, people will get to know the REAL you.  Stick by your BFF (if she goes to this new school) and join a few clubs.  As long as you don't give this girl the power to scare you, she isn't all that powerful.  xoxo

Kate G.

by gleek13pgn on 8/3/2012 11:28:35 AM

This is a sad story. People shouldn't be so mean to go as far as making someone get surgery. She was pretty before she had it done.

by sharie7 on 8/3/2012 11:27:06 AM

I think that u should stay the way u are, but if u r completely miserable, and it feels like your life is ruined, u should change your look

by cbcool on 8/3/2012 10:26:45 AM

u dont like my face? just cover ur eyes and don't make a huge deal out of it... i personally think everyone is beautiful just the way they are... Smile but again, not everyone is gonna agree with me......

by PetitePrincess98 on 8/3/2012 9:51:09 AM

It's sad that she was bullied into doing that, especially since it's a rather extreme measure for a high school freshman. But, as long as she's happier this way...

by OMGabi on 8/3/2012 8:24:08 AM

i HATE this story. i dont think girls should be insecure because i have never seen an ugly person in my life. i don't care how society thinks a person should look because EVERYONE is beautiful. UGH this just makes me so frustrated!!!

by tswiftluver13 on 8/3/2012 1:54:55 AM

Hmmm? I don't really like this. I agree with peetoes7. That was not a deformity. I agree with GirlsLife too. It's giving a bad message to some girls who are very vulnerable.

by Shannon.Smiles on 8/3/2012 12:10:27 AM

She does not have facial deformities so I don't know why she was even offered a free surgery. She was beautiful the way she was but bullying can go pretty far and if it was far enough to make her get surgery than it had to be bad.

by kaycris on 8/3/2012 12:07:47 AM

The problem is, someone will always find something to put you down for. People need to be confident in themselves or else every single person will end up getting plastic surgery and haters still won't be happy. It's sad that this young lady wasn't secure enough to accept herself.

by cecily on 8/3/2012 12:01:15 AM

that's horrible!!!

by myfatsquirrel on 8/2/2012 11:26:28 PM

Mod Mod Mod...
Alright, I'm 13 going into 8th grade. I'm allowed to wear make up now. I have acne on my face and sometimes it can get pretty bad. I want to use a foundation to cover it up some but I HATE the feeling of oil on my face and the powder comes off easier so I don't want it to come off in the middle of the day. I haven't worn make up this year at all except for once and I broke out the next day. I want to wear it sometimes but not all the time. How do i wear make up sometimes and not other times with out looking naked on my face? Also, are there and brands that you suggest for make up and to help get rid of face, chest, and back acne? Thank You sooo much! Any Advice from anyone is helpful! Smile

Hey girlie,

To keep things natural, try using a liquid foundation (I use L'Oreal True Match foundation) or tinted moisturizer on your face. Pour a tiny amount onto your palm, then use a fingertip to dab some in each general area of your face. Then, use a foam wedge to smooth the makeup into your skin and blend it outward. Since these are lighter than using concealer, foundation AND powder, you'll feel like you're wearing no makeup at all! And it's subtle so, if you don't wear makeup one day, it won't look super weird Smile

P.S. check out this article on nixing body acne for good: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/07/18/Beat-body-acne-4-steps-to-clear-skin.aspx
Lauren C.

by Cowsrule11 on 8/2/2012 11:10:11 PM

Watch her now get bullied for getting surgery. Being like "Your soo ugly you needed to get surgery!!!" Etc...

by Chloe<3 on 8/2/2012 11:09:23 PM

That is awful. I don't like how I look and yeah, I get bullied for how I look, but I certainly NEVER thought about actually getting a free plastic surgery from a charity! This reminds me of another thing I read about this little girl who got plastic surgery to also fix her ears since the other kids made fun of her. What makes these parents think that surgery is the right thing to do?

by purplenurple88 on 8/2/2012 10:35:01 PM

Gosh people, come on. We have no idea how far the teasing went and how it affected her. So if she thought it was the right thing to do, then I agree with her. Now I wouldn't do it to myself because I have never been bullied for anything.

by Peach'N'Cream on 8/2/2012 10:34:14 PM

It says that the charity helps kids with facial DEFORMITIES. Nadia didn't have a facial deformity she was beautiful just the way she was. She and the messed up people bullying her need to realize that too. She was beautiful just the way she was and didn't need any surgery.

by peetoes7 on 8/2/2012 10:06:30 PM

I can't help but feel dissapointed that girls will go this far just to stop people from bullying them. If you were meant to look differently, you would have been made that way. Accept and love who you are!

by geminidance on 8/2/2012 10:04:09 PM

The biggest difference I see between the two pictures is that one has make-up and the other one doesn't, so imo I don't really think the surgery was really necessary. What also kinda annoys me was that a charity on helping kids with deformities gave her a free surgery. Her face is not deformed! Sure, her ears are a bit quirky, but gosh her nose and chin too? Plenty of kids out there have it worse than her and need the operation more (ex. have you guys seen those pictures with kids who have a pinched lip and can't fully close their mouth?). Besides who hasn't got bullied at one time or another? We just have to stay strong and surround ourselves with positive people who love us for us.

by Stargirlcandy3 on 8/2/2012 9:54:07 PM

like the lady gaga song "you were born this way god makes no mistakes" be proud of your look girls!!!

by pranksterqueen on 8/2/2012 9:31:23 PM

People should not care what people think of them!!

by Milkdog64 on 8/2/2012 9:13:13 PM

are you kidding me.just because she was being bullied doesnt mean she has to change how she looks.she and her mother are wrong.especially her mother for letting her get the surgery.i was born really tall and i get bullied sometimes,but that doesnt mean im going to have surgery to make me shorter.everybody is beautiful in their own way.one day she will regret it

by VNJ99 on 8/2/2012 8:43:18 PM

Hi girlys if u have a problem, need advice, wanna talk, vent, tell a story email me!!!! sophiecardin@yahoo.com <3

by 2-cute-2-b-true on 8/2/2012 8:36:31 PM

i think that was very wrong... everyone to me is beautiful: inside and out. If other people can't see that, then it is their loss. They are mising out on the most beautiful girls by just looking on the outside. Never let anyone get to you so much that you would do something like that. And just in case you have your doubts, maybe songs like 'You Are Beautiful' by 'Christina Aguilera', 'Born This Way' by 'Lady Gaga', 'What Makes You Beautiful' by 'One Direction', and much, MUCH, more. I don't think it was right for her to do something so serious for her looks to get better. Never let looks be the first thing in your mind. And to all the bullies out there: Don't you see what you are doing? Anytime you feel like you are not beautiful, YOU ARE! <3

by angel2939 on 8/2/2012 8:15:46 PM

This is so sickening. I can barely read it. She made a terrible descision. I wonder if she is reading all of these girls' comments. Oh my gosh, I just can't believe this, I'm honestly shocked. At age TEN she was asking for plastic surgery. 10. Plastic surgery. TEN. This really shows what an effect bullying can have. I can't even believe her mom let her child do this to herself! Frown Poor girl, for being bullied, and getting plastic surgery at around 13-14. Woah. I just am very speechless.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/2/2012 7:40:21 PM

I'm a little on the fence. I'm happy she feels good about herself and it is her choice to make since they are her ears and nose. Then, there is also the fact that we are all created PHYSICALLY different but on the inside we are all the same. If God had decided we were meant to look the same then we all, well, look the same. I mean I have a big-ish nose but I am proud of it because it reminds me of my grandma. Plus, the bullies look to destroy you emotionally and changing something about yourself only gives the bullies more power. Maybe instead of changing her appearance she could have done something else that made her feel about herself but what is done is done and we can't change it. As long as the girl doesn't let bullies get to her ever again, I'm happy. Smile

by luvrmusic on 8/2/2012 7:32:20 PM

I can't believe bullying has gotten so bad. That's sick.

by girlygirl22werock on 8/2/2012 7:16:21 PM

Ok so im going into middle school aka 7th grade so im a little nervous about getting to class on time i get all a's so any ideas how to calm myself and make sure i know how to get to each class on time next question is i take dance and last year i took 2 dance classes this year im taking 3 it is alot of money so i offerd to pay for a coustume and dance shoes im paying for my shoes but i still feel really bad for making tthem spend olall this money how do i know its ging to be ok?

Hey girlie,

For 7th grade, I know it's a big jump - but you're only scared right now because it's so unfamiliar. Give yourself about a week to get used to it. It'll feel scary and overwhelming during that first week, but that's ok! Everyone else will be feeling the exact same worries Smile Take your time and don't be afraid to ask for help from a teacher/trusted older student if you need it. After that first week, you'll settle into a routine and it'll feel totally fine! <3

As for dance, are you really committed to it? Is their "investment" in your hobby worth it? If so, then try not to worry about it. If your parents couldn't afford the classes/costumes, they wouldn't offer to do it for you. But if you enjoy it, are serious about it, and appreciate it, then it's worth it Smile
Lauren C.

by poptart64 on 8/2/2012 7:10:42 PM

i know what this is like. being bullied for how you look, and honestly, i don't blame her. all you people saying she shouldn't have and she's wrong, you have obviously never been called ugly and been given nasty names on a daily basis. walk a mile in her shoes and see how you would feel. i know what that is like and it's terrible. i think if it makes her more confident then good for her! i'm happy for her Smile

by Kalulah on 8/2/2012 7:09:07 PM

I have never been bullied but I hate the way I look. I'm overweight, which causes a lot of self esteem issues for me... but I don't think I'm very pretty besides that. I know I should accept the way I look and love myself but I just can't. I've tried to make myself throw up before because I felt guilty for eating, and sometimes I look in the mirror and start crying.
I don't want to see myself as ugly! Do you have any ideas on what to do?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

DEFINITELY don't try to make yourself feel bad over this. Hurting yourself out of guilt isn't the answer! Instead, try to make your goal something healthy, like "getting in shape" or "feeling like yourself again." You're feeling bad about being overweight because you aren't taking care of yourself in the way that you deserve. I'm not saying you need to lose weight - but it's proven that exercise, eating right, and dolling yourself up once in a while (with clothes that suit your bod, a dash of makeup, a fun hairstyle) can improve your mood. To get started, check out our Workouts section and pick some that sound fun: http://www.girlslife.com/category/workouts.aspx Exercising releases endorphins that make us feel good about ourselves, which is really important! And it can also make you feel active, like you're tackling this issue and learning to love yourself by treating your body with respect. I think it's a great place to start <3 And don't forget - if you ever feel overwhelmed with your feelings or tempted to hurt yourself in some way, please talk to someone. A parent, clergy person, counselor, teacher, friend's parent, etc. can really help you sort through these emotions and get back on track.
Lauren C.

by Emiegal on 8/2/2012 6:31:30 PM

You Are NOT Alone<3
This is a club for girls who feel very insecure to come here for advice and tips on how to love yourself! i use to be very insecure and i still am at points. Just know that your not alone girlies! You can come here to share your insecurities and help other girls too! I just want everyone to know that they ARE beautiful no matter what "flaws" they have! <3
Much Love,
~AlysonSmile
PLEASE JOIN!

by Alykat18 on 8/2/2012 6:21:56 PM

This just makes me mad. God made her that way for a reason. She was beautiful the way she was! but then she gave in to the bullies and showed them that they won. and she hasn't even had enough time to grow into her body! if she would've just toughened up for a few years and waited, then she would've grown into her big nose and big ears! this just makes me sick...whatever i hope that the pain was worth it and that she is happy with who she is now. she may be pretty on the outside now, but what about the inside? that's all that matters in the long run.

by Alykat18 on 8/2/2012 5:51:07 PM

Are you kidding me everyone is beautiful in their own way . She is complety wrong for this and so is her mother ,for letting her daughther do this to her self . It wouldn't matter how unatractive anyone's kids are its just wrong for letting a kid get this done .Us as kids have our lives to live and plastic surgery is not one of the things I intend on doing because it makes you uglier than you were before.

by OneDirection1843 on 8/2/2012 5:45:47 PM

I was bprn with a birthmark on my face and everyone except some of my friends bullyed me about it they called me mole face. i got it removed last year but i kinda regret my decision.

by madisonhaille on 8/2/2012 5:43:24 PM

Ok, you can't hate on this girl for her choices, but I still don't think that you need to change the way you act or look because it isn't right to become who others think you should be.

by madds07 on 8/2/2012 5:39:19 PM

i wonder if i could get my big nose fixed for free...but honestly i don't care what people say about my nose. i wouldn't change me at all, cause God made me this way <3 and i think Nadia will get made fun of for getting plastic sugery now. She looks too fake, and should've just learned to love herself. But if she's happy then i guess its okSmile

by Alykat18 on 8/2/2012 5:38:49 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Since I dance ballet I need to stretch frequently, I was wondering if there was a way I could get motivated to stretch more often!

Hey girlie,

Try stretching while you're doing other activities! It might feel weird at first, but hop up during TV commercials to do your stretch routine or stretch while you're reading a book for school. Even for 5 min right before you go to bed! If you work it into your daily routine, you'll get into the habit of doing them all the time Smile
Lauren C.

by snagmonkey on 8/2/2012 5:38:11 PM

This is a very random question, but please answer it. If an opening school bell is at 9:15am, how early should someone get there?

Hey girlie,

It's different depending on the person, but personally I wanted to have at least 15 minutes before school started so I could go to my locker, put my stuff away, chat with my friends, possibly hit the ladies room... I didn't want to rush around! Smile
Lauren C.

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 8/2/2012 5:08:22 PM

I understand that this surgery seems overboard, but honestly, think about what you would feel like looking in the mirror and seeing a flaw (regardless of the size) and knowing that everyone else can see it too. Wouldn't you feel uncomfortable?? How many have you had braces? I bet a bunch of you have. Shouldn't you not have worried about what you teeth looked like? It's the same concept with what Nadia has done. Something wasn't as perfect as it could have been, so it was improved upon. And I think all that matters is what Nadia sees of herself and feels inside, because it's her life and her body and she has a right to feel beautiful Smile

by kaceym on 8/2/2012 4:47:03 PM

I guess the bullying was so severe that it made her feel really insecure— to even consider getting plastic surgery, and even having a charity organization give it to her for free, they must have bullied her terribly. While it is the right thing to stand up for yourself and love yourself for who you are, it is very hard to do that if she's had her self esteem lowered by bullies for years. I guess she saw getting the plastic surgery as a the only way to put an end to the bullying and boost her self confidence.

by flowerblossom on 8/2/2012 4:35:46 PM

by flowerblossom on 8/2/2012 4:35:34 PM

by flowerblossom on 8/2/2012 4:35:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have tried to submit this question a few times, and it still hasn't gotten through. I know you guys are busy, but I'd really appreciate it if you could answer this question for me. Thank you!!!
Okay, I completed the Beauty Spy survey yesterday and was wondering if this automatically means that I will be featured, or if I am just an option that they will consider to feature?
Thank you!
Abby

Hey girl! We get a lot of beauty spy applications, so yours may be chosen in the future! Good luck! xxoo
Maggie P.

by abby.luv16 on 8/2/2012 4:34:54 PM

if you have boys bullying you, or need any kind of guy advice,

Oh, Boy!
club found on camigal's profile.
**LOOKING FOR OFFICERS NOW**

by camigal on 8/2/2012 4:28:54 PM

I do not think this is right. I mean bullying affects so many people in so many ways. People even commit suicide from bullying. I think girls these days should know that they are beautiful in some way. Every girl is. And only if people wouldn't be so judgemental, all of this wouldn't happen.

by pccool on 8/2/2012 4:08:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey, so what should I get for BTS clothes? Like, some staple pieces for fall? Thankz!
Laughing

Hey girl, stock up on jeans, tees, sweaters and other basics that you can layer. xxoo
Maggie P.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/2/2012 4:06:00 PM

I went through really bad times where people would make up songs about my acne but, I didn't get surgery. Even though I wanted to, I didn't. After a while, it stopped. I would have toughed it out if I was her.

by Demeter99 on 8/2/2012 4:05:19 PM

It also looks like she started to wear makeup, got her brows done, got hair extensions, and highlights in her hair. Ugh. And also, 2-cute-2-be-true, you shouldn't post your email online! Just for your safety.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/2/2012 4:01:47 PM

I'm glad that she now has that self confidence, but I think it's a bad example to girls everywhere that they shouldn't accept who they are. Glad shes happy but I wish she had stayed the same and just stood up for herself.

by lizzierox on 8/2/2012 3:46:33 PM

by 2-cute-2-b-true on 8/2/2012 3:44:44 PM

It al depends on the person, and the type of bullying. In this case I dont think she should have gotten the surgery.

by chick987 on 8/2/2012 3:40:08 PM

This is so wrong I cant even think of why they did that too her she was and is amazing I understand how she felt and why she did it im happy for her but really if these bullies cant see that she is amazing and well awesome they should just shut up what is wrong with them is my question!!!
You know what I dont understand is that she is younger then me and I dont think about plastic surgery. I bet those people will make fun of her for getting the surgery because they will notice she looks different. I am not saying its ok to make fun of her or for her to get surgery, I am just saying that this story is pretty sad.
Alltogether I would say if those people would have kept there mouths shut she could be happy and be herself bully's you are the dumbo!

by actresstobe97 on 8/2/2012 3:38:03 PM

We all go through tough times but plastic surgery?!? Really? If she was feeling that bad about herself then she should've went to therapy or something!!

by softballismyBFF on 8/2/2012 3:27:08 PM

I agree with audie_mae10.
She gave in to the bullies. She should have stayed strong. Smile

by LovelyDays111 on 8/2/2012 3:23:38 PM

Everyone deals with bullies, but you have to stay true to yourself and not change who you are for them because they don't matter!

by pixie_chick on 8/2/2012 3:12:29 PM

To be honest, I would rather live life as myself, rather than someone who has been changed by surgery. It doesn't seem right, like breast implants... I'm glad she likes her new look, but why would anyone change themselves when they are perfect the way they are? I agree with @theresaa, makeup is a better idea than surgery..... Frown

by pretty123 on 8/2/2012 3:10:23 PM

I don't think that she should have done this. I'm not against her in any way, because it's her body and she can do what she wants with it, but it does send a negitive message. Kids, but girls especially, think that the way they look now is how they are going to look forever. They don't realize that they need some time to grow into their bodies. Look at the actor who played Neville Longbottom in HP. From the first movie to the now, he looks a TON different. Megan Fix looked a bit odd as a kid, too. I just wish that more people could see that it takes time for you to get used to your body, and to grow into it.

by CherryGirl316 on 8/2/2012 3:08:07 PM

Wow, no offense but she obviously wasn't thinking 'nuff said.

by Dee_Has_Cookiez on 8/2/2012 3:04:23 PM

I really wished she would've stayed strong and didn't give in. We've all been bullied before, & it seems all she did was put on makeup.

by audie_mae10 on 8/2/2012 2:48:40 PM

I think it's good what this charity is doing. Especially when it's helping a kid become more confident and prevents bullying. I would never do surgery because I'm too scared of that and if I did have an imperfection I would just try to hide it. But that's just me.

by itskristinabro on 8/2/2012 2:32:56 PM

Personally, I think its great that she feels more self confident now that she had the surgery, but i agree that it sends the wrong message. EVERYONE is born and grows up to be BEAUTIFUL. I think this girl just got teased because she was different. But just because she got the surgery doesn't mean the bullying is going to stop. I know its hard to stand up to bullies, but I don't think getting the surgery was the right solution. But it's her face, she can do whatever she wants to it and who are we to tell her different?

by lilipopmlml on 8/2/2012 2:19:36 PM

I am not opposed to minor plastic surgery when absolutely needed, but really? Plastic surgery to correct something that minor? I understand that Nadia was bullied, but even if you are bullied about your appearance, plastic surgery is not the answer. Maybe she could have asked for a principal or teacher to intervene instead? Girls need to stay strong if they are bullied and learn acceptance. But the bullying should never even happen in the first place.

by Fly1213 on 8/2/2012 2:18:17 PM

I totally understand why she did what she did!!! Some people don't understand that sometimes you've had enough!!! She did go to some extremes but she is satisfied with herself and thats all that matters!!! Rock your new look gurl!!!

by rizzle1515 on 8/2/2012 2:17:16 PM

Uh what happened to "God created everyone in His own image."??? I understand Nadia's motives, but when you change your appearance because of bulies, you're giving into their tormenting, and they're going to find something else to torment you about. They'll never be satisfied.

In my opinion, she looked cute in the Before picture! Having sticking-out ears is not a "facial deformity"! I think that it's adorable!

by HelenaPS on 8/2/2012 2:04:28 PM

Really? She didn't even have a deformity to begin with but because her feelings were hurt she got a surgery for free that could have helped a kid with a real deformity. Granted I don't care if people get plastic surgery, I did, but it should be paid for by her or her parents. Really all it did was for her to send the message to her bullies that they were right that she was 'ugly'. Not to mention that she isn't even done growing! Now she will more than likely have to have even more surgery once her face starts developing even more. Who knows she may have even grown into her big nose and ears. I know I did.

by kannjenkins on 8/2/2012 1:51:50 PM

No!!! For several reasons;
1.) It lets the bullies win,you showed them that you cared!! And now it'll only be worse!!
2.) It sends the wrong message to girls; it's shows them that changing how you look is okay,instead of accepting yourself the way you are,because you're already beautiful.
3.) She took the easy way out instead of facing her problems and fixing them.

I totally disagree with this and it sickens me that her mom let her do it.

by MadMaddie911 on 8/2/2012 1:51:27 PM

I think this is fine. I think even if this girl hadn't been bullied, she would have still been very self-conscious about her ears. I personally wouldn't have surgery if this happened to me, but if it makes her happy and more confident, then she should go ahead and do it.

by jackieluvz on 8/2/2012 1:46:02 PM

I think that its good to just ignore and forget that the bullying ever happened, but I've been bullied before, and that was a very hard thing to do. You try to talk yourself into just thinking that you're better the bully, but its SO difficult! I think that this sends a bad message to other girls, but think of how happy Nadia was/ is. It got her out of her miserableness. Sure, I want people to be proud of who they are, but that can sometimes be hard... I really can't choose...

by Ostar21 on 8/2/2012 1:34:50 PM

i feel like her getting the surgery means that the bulllys one and she will still b looked at as dumbo or the girl that got plastic surgery

by colie34720 on 8/2/2012 1:34:43 PM

Kids just like you and me wore this girl down so low that the idea of changing who God made you to be appears as a miracle opportunity. It's absolutely unbelievable that a life full of confidence can be torn down so easily by simple words. Please think before you say.

by claire_vecchioni on 8/2/2012 1:32:40 PM

she should of just stayed with the face that she was born with! she endured so much pain just so the bullying would stop! there are other actions to stop bullying before your go and change your face permanently! I think it is just really sad that she hated her face so much that she would rather have a knife in her face prying open her bones and skin then go and ask the principle for help with the bullying! why didn't she ask to change schools, not faces. I just can't believe the mother wasn't ashamed or angry or something!

by kpianoplayer on 8/2/2012 1:31:27 PM

You know what? Well over half the girls on this very website change the coloration of their face with makeup, and it's supported because it gives us confidence. We wear it although most of us wouldn't be picked on if we didn't. She WAS picked on, and though it bothers me she changed to impress the people who tormented her, if she WASN'T happy and secure, who are we to say she should have stayed that way? Why are these minor adjustments any worse than some girls not leaving the house PLASTERED in makeup?

by christi11 on 8/2/2012 1:31:07 PM

I think that if you were bullied and wanted to be more confident, wearing make up would have been an okay idea. Getting surgery is a bit dramatic though, don't you think?

by theresaa on 8/2/2012 1:27:49 PM

That's just sad that someone could be that mean to you that you would change the way you look. I saw Linda ellerbee talking about that once and it was sad. And what I also find sad is that kids who have surgery like that didn't even have noticeably big ears or a weird chin or stuff like that.

by snowver11 on 8/2/2012 1:20:09 PM

I think that this is just a sad example of what society as come too. I wish this hadn't happened Frown

by emonade on 8/2/2012 1:04:22 PM

I think it is good the bullying stopped. But I do think that it is a bad message to girls everywhere. It might make them think it's okay to just change your face.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Need help with styling your hair? Need to know the perfect hairstyle for that special occasion or for bowling with your buds? Then join my group "Hair Styling Help" (http://www.girlslife.com/Club.aspx?id=10902)! I will post lots of hair tips and ideas and answer your hair questions daily! Positions are open!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

by LovePeaceHope on 8/2/2012 1:04:10 PM

It's sad that she was bullied into plastic surgery,but I think it's better to stay strong, and be yourself.

by amelalba on 8/2/2012 12:58:59 PM