2 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

4 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

5 HOURS AGO Snag a sneak peek of @jacquieleemusic's new EP: http://t.co/CsAj7j0goN #thevoice

COMMENTS

Pain Fade Away - An original poem

Hey hunnies! Here’s an original poem written by GL reader Maryam D., who is 14 years old. Take a peek, then tell us what you think in...

Not bad!

by myfatsquirrel on 8/2/2012 10:08:22 PM

That's a great poem! It literally gave me goosebumps (not even kidding!). <3

by loveyourlife43 on 8/2/2012 9:25:52 PM

that poem is AMAZING!

by coco4 on 8/2/2012 7:27:46 PM

That is a beautiful poem .The writing is amazing .

by OneDirection1843 on 8/2/2012 5:49:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hi, so I am going to be 11 on August 9th... (comment hidden by mod) What should I do?
I would love it if you would hide this comment.

Hey girlie,

Don't sweat it! The truth is, you're right on track for your age. You're healthy and going through puberty totally normally! I actually got my period when I was 11, so it's not crazy at all that you're getting hair or anything Smile Chances are they won't look "down there" at all, but if they do it'll only be to LOOK - not touch or exam inside. If they do that, it'll be to make sure you're growing and "shaped" normally. They won't say anything if they see "down there" (or if they do a breast exam) because they're doctors...and they see this every day! They won't giggle, think you're weird, or judge you at all. This is their job and they're professionals - try to keep telling yourself that! And like I said, chances are they won't even need to look in the first place. But try to take a deep breath and remember you're just another patient for them - they've done this all day and it's nothing to be worried about at all <3
Lauren C.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/2/2012 5:46:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD:
My best friend is coming over today to spend the night,and I want to make it really fun!! It's probably our last sleepover of the summer because school starts next week. We always end up on the computer or just watching TV,and we're bored. It's super got,outside so we won't be doing anything outside,and we're both not into sports or any games like that,either. We can't really spend money to got to a movie or anything. We have nothing to do!!! Please help!!! She'll be here in about 40 minutes!!!!!

Hey girlie,

Try doing a spa night! Paint each other's nails, do each other's hair, use face masks (complete with cucumber eyes), lotion your feet and cover with socks for super smooth skin, etc. Then do a movie marathon of your fave girly flicks (I'd start with Clueless or Dirty Dancing!). You could even play a board game, take goofy photos, make a scrapbook of the summer or gossip about what you're most excited for this year at school. Just make it about bonding closer as friends and you'll have a great time Smile
Lauren C.

by MadMaddie911 on 8/2/2012 5:25:35 PM

Love this poem!

by awesomegirl4everandalways on 8/2/2012 5:11:01 PM

Hi girlys if u have a problem, need advice, wanna talk, vent, tell a story email me!!!! sophiecardin@yahoo.com <3

by 2-cute-2-b-true on 8/2/2012 4:18:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I want to know how often I should shower, and where should I use soap (not trying to be gross!) because I have heard that when you get to a certain age, you should start showering more! Smile
Thanx so much!
Laughing

Hey girl! Try to shower everyday or every other day, depending on how active you are. Make sure to wash everywhere! xxoo
Maggie P.