1 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

4 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

4 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

Public school forcing girls to take pregnancy tests--or else

Imagine that you’ve just started a new year at school when rumors begin to fly. Your classmates are whispering that you’re pregnant, and whether you are or...

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I love to sing, and i really want to sing in a group. I am in this teen one at church but i would love to sing somewhere else. I have a lot of free time so i could. I just have two questions, how could i convince my parents to let me and where would i find a group to sing in?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile)

hey! look up your school's choir and music programs, talk to friends about starting a band, or see if your parents would get you voice lessons. I took them for years and there's usually an end of the year performance of some kind. I think if you have a ton of free time your parents would be glad to see you interested in an extra curricular.

Helen S.

by favcolorgreen on 8/6/2012 8:32:30 PM

But I don't think it's right to do this in a PUBLIC school, but it would make more sense in a private school.

by <3myguitar on 8/6/2012 8:28:32 PM

My school has this rule too, but the guy who made her pregnant gets kicked out too,and when it happened to a girl after she had the baby they let her back in.I don't think you can just blame it on the guy anyways. I don't get how you guys can say a girl didn't try to get pregnant.What do they think is going to happen when they have sex? There is also ways to avoid getting pregnant.

by <3myguitar on 8/6/2012 8:26:56 PM

Someone with a grudge could so use this rule to their advantage. That's just one reason why I would hate to go to this school. This rule is totally unfair.just like ohheyitsjennyy said, it might not be the girls fault she's pregnant.

by sharie7 on 8/6/2012 8:06:08 PM

That's just stupid... why would they do that... some people could take advantage of that and accuse a ton of people =P

by music191 on 8/6/2012 7:52:07 PM

That's just wrong. Your school can't make you take a pregnancy test...that's a choice. And kicking the girl out of her school? That's just plain unreasonable. It's not always the girl's fault. And you can't say that 'the girl who becomes pregnant is a girl who doesn’t adhere to the school’s moral code or standards of excellence in character and academics', especially if it's a public school. And I would be furious if I was pregnant and I was told I could no longer go to school, and that I was not 'desirable within the community'. That needs to be changed. If that girl's guardian(s) are paying taxes, she should definitely be allowed to attend public school. Any day, a girl who doesn't like another girl can start a rumor and say the other girl is pregnant. It's wrong to make that other girl take a pregnancy test and go to the doctor. And what if there's a girl, who doesn't have health insurance, and someone starts a rumor about her? That. is. just. wrong. end of rant. Smile

by ohheyitsjennyy on 8/6/2012 7:37:44 PM

I think this is ubsurd and definitly a violation of privacy. You definitly shouldn't be kicked out of school if you ARE pregnant. And the girls aren't always to blame. What if the girl got raped? And if it was the girls fault, they shouldn't kick her out of school, they should try to get her back on track and help her out by keeping her in school.

by lcoleman6 on 8/6/2012 7:37:16 PM

I agree. This is a dumb idea. I think that it should be their choice to get a pregnancy test done. Forcing them to do it is wrong. It could just eb a dumb rumour! And don't thiey thin abut how embarassing it would be if you weren't pregnant?! I mean really come on! And maybe the girl took a pregnancy test on her own and knows that she isn't, then when she doesn't want to have another test done SHE GETS KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL!!!! HOW DID SOMEONE THINK THAT THIS IS RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!!

by mschultz8 on 8/6/2012 7:15:20 PM

I THINK IT'S UNFAIR CAUSE I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD STOP THE SCHOOLING FOR THAT GIRL AND IF THEY DO THE DADDY'S SCHOOLING SHOULD BE STOPED TOO CAUSE IT'S MAINLY THE DAD'S FALT.AND I DON'T THINK THAT THE GIRL MEANT TO GET PREGNENT ,SHE JUST DIDN'T WATCH OUT AND GIRLS SHOULN'T BE FORCED TO TAKE A PREGNENCY TEST.SHE HAS RIGHTS SHE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO IF SHE DOESN'T WANT TO THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY CAUSE I'M SO ANGRY AT HIGH SCHOOLS RIGTH NOW AND I MIGHT GET MEAN

by ANIMAL1214 on 8/6/2012 6:59:33 PM

thre guy is just as responsible just cause he doesn't show signs of getting a girl pregnant doesnt mean he didn't make a child takes 2!

by cutie00 on 8/6/2012 6:27:34 PM