AN HOUR AGO 3x #BellaThorne looked flawless in an updo: http://t.co/IKtgTwrut1

1 HOURS AGO Why "Computer Engineer Barbie" failed miserably: http://t.co/nqF4Fpckgf

COMMENTS

Public school forcing girls to take pregnancy tests--or else

Imagine that you’ve just started a new year at school when rumors begin to fly. Your classmates are whispering that you’re pregnant, and whether you are or...

Wow. That is just sad. Aren't school districts supposed to promote pregnant girls staying in school? And no one should have the power to have you take a pregnancy test except you! By the time 2020 rolls around, I bet females will be treated exactly how we were before: just baby makers and cooks. Ugh. Administrators disgust me sometimes.

by hamsterluvin on 8/6/2012 5:32:44 PM

They should make them take the test, but honestly it's their fault if they get kicked out. Knowing this policy, DON'T GET PREGNANT!

by chick987 on 8/6/2012 5:30:55 PM

That is the stupidest thing i've ever heard!!! I get that they can get kicked out for challenging the rules cuz that happens everywhere. But if they're forcing girls to get a pregnancy test even if they're not pregnant is stupid. They are forcing girls and their families to spend extra money on a test because of a RUMOR!!! they tell us not to listen to rumors, to just assume the rumors are fake unless we hear the rumor from the person that it's about, and here they are, making girls go get a test because they heard a RUMOR!!!

by luvmonkey1313 on 8/6/2012 5:27:01 PM

That is ridicules. It disgusts me. If a girl does get pregnant, she obviously needs help and for someone to guide her back on the right path. What about rape? This is so stupid. It's none of the school's business about females personal life, and I almost find it a bit sexist. What a stupid rule. That would make no school girl feel safe or happy- at least not me. Ridicules.

by HowToLove on 8/6/2012 5:25:42 PM

What about the guys that get the girls pregnant? They are just as much to blame!

by Doodle600 on 8/6/2012 5:22:34 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Hopefully, we'll all meet at Broadway one day. JOIN MY CLUB, LIGHTS, CAMERA ,ACTION. If you're already in the club, go on, I posted a contest. Smile

by pretty123 on 8/6/2012 5:20:34 PM

most highschoolers don't choose to get pregnant, it just kinda happens. is a lot of it due to not knowing the proper safety techniques? sure, but what if a girl was raped? and mistakes happen, no one can go they're whole life without doing something stupid and totally screwing up. protection can fail, that's why nothing comes with a 100% guarantee. there have been a decent number of pregnancies at my school, and even if the girl leaves school, she's not looked down upon. i don't know if they're forced to leave, but i don't think so. i think pregnant girls should be allowed to stay in school until they can't. however, they should not be overly accommodated. they should still have to do some sort of gym class, and still have the same amount of time to do everything. this is very fair. obviously, teen pregnancy shouldn't be encouraged. but not because it makes you a bad person, because we're still kids! we aren't ready for all of that.

by the_last_ninja on 8/6/2012 5:20:18 PM

That is rude and sad. I mean just because 70% of pregnent teen girls skip school shouldn't they try to give an education anyway? I feel sad for the girls who got thrown out because of this unfair rule.

by CHAWDER on 8/6/2012 5:16:47 PM

you must be joking. i mean, really! teen mothers NEED to go to school! they need to lear how to support their family! and even if you think she's pregnant shouldn't mean she MUST take a pregnancy test! it's not really the school's (or anyone else's) business! they need to be supporting these girls and helping them! not kicking them to the curb! some people are SO freaking superficial. i mean "doesn't adhere to standards of excellence" ARE YOU KIDDING ME? do they EVER stop to think she maybe was PRESSURED into doing it? or what about her partner? do the guys get punished? NO. how sexist. these kind of people deeply and utterly disgust me.

by pointeshoegrl on 8/6/2012 5:13:15 PM

@Knerdalicious I totally agree with you. It's just not right at all.

Read a good book lately? Come join my Fun Book Club. Write the review on the club profile! You can even write about a book that wasn't so good. (Don't forget to include title and author of the book.)

Need advice? Join my Advice club. You can ask me about anything. No question is too weird(I'm 16 and have been through alot). Please help me get my clubs started! Thanks for reading!

by scamp24 on 8/6/2012 5:12:14 PM