41 MINUTES AGO Now even shy girls can get their flirt on: http://t.co/c0HifzMGQb

4 HOURS AGO Who knew babies and sloths (yes, sloths!) could be such good friends? http://t.co/t3cHUse1PC

5 HOURS AGO ICYMI @Zendaya's starring in a brand new movie: http://t.co/1VDEbqpbHp #zswaggers

COMMENTS

Public school forcing girls to take pregnancy tests--or else

Imagine that you’ve just started a new year at school when rumors begin to fly. Your classmates are whispering that you’re pregnant, and whether you are or...

That is absolutely ridiculous! That is an unfair standard to judge a girl by, plus the guy had a part in the pregnancy too! That is horrible and should NOT be legal

by fallsb-ball on 8/7/2012 12:11:46 PM

How is that NOT illegal? You know human rights.... Constitution.... Do these words mean anything to them?! And what happens to the guy that got her that way SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!

by physicschick on 8/7/2012 12:10:34 PM

Thats terrible even though i dont agree with teen pregnancy

by sakura1240 on 8/7/2012 12:02:23 PM

My question is what if the guy doesn't go to that school? there is nothing that the girl's school can do about it then. That's another reason that i think it's dumb to prosecute the girl like that. The guy had a part too. But what if she wanted to have a baby? That is the couple's choice and the school has no right to kick her out for her choice. It would be like kicking a person out of school for not having a certain kind of clothing. It's stupid and a kind of discrimination.I'm glad that i don't go to a school with rules like this cuz like i said yesterday, RUMORS ARE JUST RUMORS usually.

by luvmonkey1313 on 8/7/2012 11:20:02 AM

why would the girl just be in trouble it takes two people to make a baby right

by PolkaDots1999 on 8/7/2012 11:09:40 AM

Yeah, they def shouldn't make anyone take a test just because of a rumor. Thats just unfair. If that happened to me, I would be so so embarrassed. BUT, if the girl is obviously pregnant, than I think she shouldn't be allowed in school. There are way to many pregnant teens, and at least this school is trying to do something, even if it might not be the best way.

by ceahorse on 8/7/2012 11:05:37 AM

That is horrible. If I had to take a pregnancy test I'd say ok then call my dad and mom and have them come down. I would use my cellphone in the bathroom so they wouldn't know then when they get there my dad will probably punch my principal in the face and my mom will rage on him. No one deserves that. I feel horrible for the girls who had to.

by gunqueen2000 on 8/7/2012 10:51:00 AM

that is ridiculous! maybe her pregnancy is just a silly rumor. if not, being pregnant isn't always the girl's fault. she could have been raped while unconcious or thretened to. and if she chose to have that kind of contact, that's her choice. if she still wants an education who is the school to deny her? her personal life has nothing to do with her academic life

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 8/7/2012 10:20:29 AM

Wow... whatever happened to public school being for everyone? I do agree that if administrators/ teachers suspect that a girl is pregnant that they should suggest seeing a doctor or whatever else. But they can't just say take the test or you have to leave school. But this doesn't mean that I agree with teen pregnancy...

by Fly1213 on 8/7/2012 10:07:27 AM

Doesn't everyone have a right to education? What if their parents can't home school them? You have to be in school until you are 18

by kewauneegal on 8/7/2012 9:45:42 AM