10 HOURS AGO RT @Fanlala: See what questions @PeytonList answered yesterday for @girlslifemag! http://t.co/YwPnWyG3Ra

14 HOURS AGO Play up your pony with this runway trick: http://t.co/0g7gDEHONT #GLBeauty

15 HOURS AGO These pretty playmakers offer unlimited outfit options—which is what we all need, right? Win @OfficialNFLShop gear: http://t.co/enRZCWDOfv

COMMENTS

Red-ley relay

I was on my period during my last swim meet. I knew I needed to change my tampon soon, but I was sitting on the line-up benches...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!! I just got my first period and im a swimmer and im scared of wearing tampons, but i have to. Does it hurt?

Sorry, Babe. Tampons are the only way to go. It might hurt a little bit the first time you use it, but it will become more comfortable.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Nyancat136 on 11/22/2012 12:15:38 PM

Mod!,,, I have to swim in school and i told my mom that i am on my period and she said she would just excuse me luckely it was my last day of being on my period but i want to wear tampons and obviously my mom doesnt want me to!why doesnt she want me to and how do i ask her if i can wear tampons? PLEASE HELP!

Hey girl,

Your mom is probably sad you're growing up and worried because tampons can be really tricky, and they can be dangerous if you don't change them enough. I would leave the subject alone for a little while and then bring it up with your mom calmly and explain to her why you want to wear them. She might also feel more comfortable if you ask her to explain the risks to you so that she'll know you're concerned about safety, too.

Meghan D.

by annaf on 11/3/2012 9:25:31 PM

Least you didn't leave a trail of blood in the pool! Eww!!!

by bluedogchica on 10/5/2012 12:38:12 AM

This is embarrassing but probably good you ended up being embarrassed instead of getting TSS because you kept it in too long.

by Glitterheart16 on 9/26/2012 11:49:28 PM

aww, im sorry this happened to you.

by Jas.cathy on 8/22/2012 3:02:22 PM

Wow. that stinks. Ouch sorry that happened to you!

by funnyali123 on 8/21/2012 11:39:37 AM

I feel so bad for you. You should have let the guy know what a jerk you are.

by karlyrae on 8/20/2012 9:31:28 PM

I feel so bad for you. You should have let the guy know that he was such a jerk.

by karlyrae on 8/20/2012 9:29:43 PM

Well, i had my period once and was wearing white jeans when i leaked through. it happens, but u can always just tell him to grow up, and that he's lucky he's not a girl because he's so immature he'd laugh at himself if he leaked!

by Sunbreath on 8/14/2012 8:26:13 AM

Oh man! That's terrible!!

by Susmita24 on 8/13/2012 11:27:05 PM