AN HOUR AGO Annoying allergies bringing you down? Here are some great tips on how to handle them! http://t.co/bJKAEMwthV

2 HOURS AGO #DailyQuiz Do you think you’re a good friend? #FindOutHere http://t.co/TjwjwcdfYZ

3 HOURS AGO Running out of time and hungry? Here are some great quick and easy snacks for you on the go! http://t.co/ouxTdKAWHT

COMMENTS

The new super food you've gotta know about

You know those Chia Pet commercials, with the terra cotta planters in crazy shapes that seem to sprout green, herby tufts almost instantly? Well, the latest health...

Heyyy girlies I really need y'all to answer this comment! I'm one of the chunky girls and I'm part of extreme cheer.my coach said I need to lose 20 pounds or she is gonna kick me off the squad!!!!! Any suggestions????????

by mikayla.sleepy on 8/15/2012 4:26:05 AM

I luv chia, i have a smoothie with them in it everyday, with other yummy things like flax seed and acai berries, deeeeelish!

by ColosalMascara on 8/14/2012 4:25:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
ok so you haven't been awnsering my questions lately even when I put mod at the top so it would be nice if you could awnser this one question for me.ok so like I was wondering if you have any tips for losing weight before school starts.I definetly want my stomach to have less fat on it and my thighs to not be so big.plus I can't do any workouts on machines because 1.we don't have any and 2.my mom doesn't know I want to workout and I'm not telling her.so if you could name some workouts for me and what i should eat (I think I need to lay of the junk food cause I've been eating a lot of it latley.)it would be really nice.thanks!

Hey girl! You can try jogging or running for exercise.  You'll have to get your heart rate up to burn calories, which in turn gets rid of fat on your body.  As for what you're eating, you got it right that laying off of junk food is the key to losing weight.  Drink TONS of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies, which will fill you up more than junk, anyway!  Be careful about hiding your workout from your mom.  She wants you to be healthy, so she should know if you're doing extra exercise.  Hiding things from your mom is NEVER a good thing, so let her know that you want to get healthy before school starts and I'm sure she'll be behind you! xoxo

Kate G.

by cgirl109 on 8/13/2012 10:00:48 AM

My mom has been having us eat chia seeds for a long time!! I had no idea they were quite that good for ya though. Yay CHIA!!

by Kstar101 on 8/9/2012 9:58:26 PM

I'm a vegetarian and I've been eating these for MONTHS! I use them in vegan cookie recipes because if you mix it with water it becomes an egg substitute. I hate when I discover something and then suddenly it becomes a "super food" and everyone starts eating it!

by Kendall102697 on 8/8/2012 8:35:27 PM

Hey girls PLEASE read my blog!!! It covers just about EVERYTHING on hair. (Hair growth, what hair is, curing split ends,etc.) All you have to do is head to
hairdaiski.blogspot . com Thank and I hope to see you reading my blog!!! P.S
I have a club called EVERYTHING hair, check that out to please! It just explains gentle hair care and stuff like that! Xoxo!!!!

by YayaYuiki on 8/8/2012 8:18:53 PM

@Kate G., thanks, you've been always helpful to me! Smile Also, I got a question..I never tried avocado, so does it taste bad?? I saw a subway commercial about the turkey avocado, I think I can get that if ask my mom on saturday or something..I'm going to ask my mom about 'avocado'. I fear it taste bad but I want people's opinions first!Smile

by Susmita24 on 8/8/2012 6:33:13 PM

You Are Invited! Heya all my members! You are all invited to our late nite club meeting! When? 10:00 tonight and tomorrow night Where? Become a Cuter You! club Why? Because I feel we all need to chat live...spread the word!

by LOLGirl109 on 8/8/2012 5:21:52 PM

Join the club TRENDSETTERS! http://www.girlslife.com/Club.aspx?id=11079 The club is open to all girls with different styles to talk about fashion, beauty, hair and makeup! This club allows girls to enhance their beauty and express their style! Some topics we will talk about - CELEB: What NOT to wear, CELEB - Amazing outfits!, Makeup 101, What to pack in your makeup bag, what to put in your locker, makeup MUST HAVES!, hairstyles for school, hairstyles for formal, and other topics you want to talk about! *****POSITIONS ARE OPEN!!!*****
Join now!(=

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/8/2012 3:23:49 PM

MODMODMOD
So for the past couple days my stomach has hurt REALLY BAD and I've had rather heavy discharge that feels like I'm peeing myself. Is my period coming soon?
PLEASE HELP ASAP

Hey girl, that sounds like your period is probably on its way. But they're tricky things to pin down. If you don't get your period in the next few days and your stomach is still hurting a lot, you should check with your doctor to make sure everything's okay.
Carrie R.

by WhiteStripe3 on 8/8/2012 2:16:59 PM

i've known about that for a while, and tried it. Its not that bad! ^.^

by LovelyDays111 on 8/8/2012 2:06:17 PM

MODS MODS MODS!!!!!
ok so im determined to wear a bikini next summer and also just get healthier. my plan is 5 days a week do a 30-45 minute cycling workout. also to walk my dog as many days as i can. plus (because my stomach has pretty much all my fat) do 100-200 ab exercises a day. combined with a healthy diet will this be enough to lose about 10 and tone up in a year? please answer!!!

Hey girl, that's great that you wanna get in shape! Cycling isn't the most intense exercise, but it's a good place to start. Maybe after a while you can try the elliptical or the treadmill, too. And if you can stick to ab workouts every day and a healthy diet, you should be all set. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by bubbles3956 on 8/8/2012 12:58:52 PM

ModModMODMODMOD
please hide this:

Hey girl! Your hormones are going crazy since you're going through puberty, so that might explain your new interests.  Don't worry about it for now, once you get older and start to date, you'll figure out what you're feeling.  xoxo

Kate G.

by radiolovergirl on 8/8/2012 12:55:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So basically what your trying to say is that it's a nutritious food for us to eat so we can have a sharper mind, stay fit and strong! Are you sure that's gonna make you lose weight because I only want to eat it since my aunt has those chia seeds which makes her fit and active! This would be very useful for me to not forgot some of my memories. Although, is it possible for it to make us lose weight caz I'm already underweight and with high metabolism, I need all the gaining weight I need! The doctor said to take these vitamins but it's not making me eat more, he said just eat as much as YOU can, don't be forced and lets see what happens in the near future. I'm suppose to weight over 100pounds since I'm very tall, 5ft 6inches so yeah...

Hey girl! Chia seeds have a ton of fiber, so they keep ya full for longer (meaning you'll eat less, and probably ingest less calories).  That means it might make you lose weight.  I would recommend talking to your doc about what else you can eat to help you gain weight.  Other things with healthy fats with less fiber (like avocado) might be a better choice for you.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Susmita24 on 8/8/2012 12:17:09 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Please answer my MOD questions on these articles:
-Beauty Spy: Edgy and punk Belle B.
-What would you do if Nick Jonas were judging you?
-The super food you've gottta know about
-Star Signs (the newest one posted)
-Can I trust a flirty guy who's taken?
Please don't tell me they didn't go through. I spend almost one hour posting mods last night! And I need a lot of help!

Hey chica! Hey to tell ya, but I don't see your mod questions on those articles.  I wasn't modding last night, but if you asked the same question on a bunch of different articles, some mods only answer it on one article and erase it on the rest.  If you can't find your questions, you can ask me right now! xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/8/2012 12:09:05 PM

Join my club

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/8/2012 11:16:59 AM

MOD MOD MOD!
First, thanks so much for answering. So, I just got the position of flyer on my cheer squad. I used to be a base but then they switched the stunt groups around. It's fun once I get in the air but I'm really worried about being the center of attention. Do you have any suggestions for being more calm and focused for games and stuff?? Thanks (:

Hey girl! Congrats on being flyer! A cheerleader's job is to smile even if her team is losing, so consider this time for you to practice your game face! Instead of focusing on the center of attention, focus on how much fun you're having, on your balance, on anything but the crowd.  Above all, focus on getting things done the right way.  You'll have enough to think about that you won't even notice being the center of attention! xoxo

Kate G.

by Beachychick on 8/8/2012 11:16:08 AM

MOD,MOD,MOD!!!!! Hey I really lik GL but all thease winx clubs and Animal Jam ads and polls??? I thought this GL was for girls 11-18 or something like that I have a 9 year old sister who thinks thats stupid! Why do guys keep doing that???

Hey girl! A lot of the girls on the site like Animal Jam and Winx, so we paired up with them for some cool giveaways and polls! xoxo

Kate G.

by serenitybaum on 8/8/2012 10:24:18 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
When do you think you'll have decided on the winners of the Fiction contest, and when will it be announced? Smile I know you probably don't have exact dates, but if you had like an estimate you could give me that'd be great! xo

Hey chica! I promise, the Fab Fiction Contest winners are comin' soon! We're working on reading ALL of the entries.  I'm sorry we can't be specific, but it all depends on our judges! xoxo

Kate G.

by fireworks1071 on 8/8/2012 2:20:09 AM

Where can I get these super seeds! I serioulsy could use an extra boost!

by dgrace on 8/8/2012 12:09:39 AM

Here we will give you advice on foolproof ways to become movie stars, models, fashionistas, and singers. For the Broadway headed babes, the Youtube singers, the fashion designer, and the beautiful chicks. Hope to wave at you one day in Broadway. Join my club, Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 8/7/2012 10:01:53 PM

my dad's on a diet, so weve all beeen adding flaxseed and chia to our food. flaxseed adds this really nice flavor and is really good on just plain yogurt(u can add honey if u like) u can get flaxseed groundup at traderjoes ( it has tiny bits of dried blueberries to) and ground chia at whole foods chia is this ugly gray color but its tasteless so u dont even know your eating it! they are both great in oatmeal cookies and granola!

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 8/7/2012 9:38:40 PM

Wow SUPER-COOL

Hey Girls! Do you have any questions or wonders or just want to chat come join my club Girls World <3
Here we can talk about...
~Friends
~Fashion
~Boys
~School
~Bullys
or whatever else you want. Please join ALL positions are open message me for the survay!
Thanks!

by EGJplay on 8/7/2012 9:22:59 PM

Omg my dad eats chia seeds like everyday.

by peetoes7 on 8/7/2012 9:18:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Every day I have a smoothie that has these ingredients.
-Original Silk Soymilk
-Blueberries
-One banana
-Five/Six Strawberries
Is that healthy? What benefits does it have for my health?

hey! yeah that's healthy. it has some protein and vitamin c and antioxidants and calcium and potassium. all things ya need Smile

Helen S.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/7/2012 7:25:59 PM

You Are NOT Alone<3
This is a club for girls who feel very insecure to come here for advice and tips on how to love yourself! i use to be very insecure and i still am at points. Just know that your not alone girlies! You can come here to share your insecurities and help other girls too! I just want everyone to know that they ARE beautiful no matter what "flaws" they have! <3
Much Love,
~AlysonSmile
**Please Join! this is a new club and positions r still available**

by Alykat18 on 8/7/2012 7:11:48 PM

Want to be on the big screen one day? Ache to be a singer? Wish you could model? We're the club for you. Lights, Camera, Action gives you advice on the best ways for you to snatch that career and start living your dream. Who says dreams are only for our heads? This club will also help you out in sticky situations, boys, friends, and inner beauty. Join my club, Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 8/7/2012 6:26:29 PM

Seems like a food that don't exist of what superheroes would eat Smile I'm def gonna look for these.
MODERATOR!
Where can I buy these at?

Hey! I'm not sure, you could look out for chia pets at your local hardware store maybe?

Helen S.