24 MINUTES AGO 4 things to know before going #BlackFriday shopping: http://t.co/7EW2lT0aMv

AN HOUR AGO 7 perfect prezzies ideas for evry friend on your list: http://t.co/DwFRJuak1n

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 2 on-the-go gals win a @jellyfishbuzz Go Go Juice Blast portable power bankhttp://ow.ly/F18ib

COMMENTS

BTS Style File: Ace Fashion 101 with first-day outfit ideas and more!

Planning your first-day look but runnin’ low on inspiration? No sweat, stylista! We took our video cam behind-the-scenes of our back-to-school fashion shoot and got our favorite...

This year, I will definitely be trying out the chambray shirt trend

by BBMarie on 8/10/2012 3:23:24 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Lauren C.
Thank you sooo much you sound like you were exactly in my situation! I'm feeling a lot less scared now Smile I just wanted to say thanks again for the great help Smile

by starfan1 on 8/10/2012 1:51:22 AM

MODMODMOD
(Maybe one whose had braces and/or had a tooth pulled out for them?)
Ok hi mod. So I have a problem Frown I want to get braces really bad (and my mom and dad are
Willing to let me) but the problem is the orthodontist said I need two teeth pulled on top first. I had a tooth pulled on top before when I was younger and they had to use a numbing shot in the roof of my mouth! I cried and screamed while they did it. But now I feel like that holding me back from my braces. I'm so afraid of the novacane shot on top that I'm not gonna get braces. Please help. Have you ever had to get teeth pulled on top and gotten that injection? Any tips? Should I just avoid the braces? I'm so confused. Oh and I can't get laughing gas. Thanks soo much in advance.

Hey girlie,

I've had teeth pulled (baby teeth and wisdom teeth) AND braces, so I've been there! If you think braces will improve your confidence, they're totally worth it. I know having straight teeth lifted a huge weight off my shoulders - I was always thinking about it and comparing my mouth to others (I know, totally wrong but I couldn't help it). But having the luxury of fixing them? It was so great - and it lasts forever as long as you wear a retainer, so it really is something that will change your life. You shouldn't give that up just because you're scared of getting a tooth pulled Smile I know the needle is scary - it feels like it's going so far back and you're really worried it's gonna hurt. But the worst part is the anticipation - the worrying about it. Breathe through your nose (not your mouth) and ask the dentist to talk you through the whole process, so nothing takes you by surprise. Then you'll feel a tiny prick of pain, kinda like a pinch behind your nose. (The needle doesn't go far at all, but that's where I always felt the twinge.) And then the medicine will work and it numbs you almost immediately! It's great stuff ;) Again, it's totally normal to be worried. But you can do this!!!
Lauren C.

by Starfan1 on 8/10/2012 12:24:19 AM

Okay, so I feel like I'm starting to get a double chin. It's starting to embarrass me. Is there anything I can do to slim it down a bit? Please help!

Hey girlie,

First off, always remember that posture is key. If you sit/stand up straight and look straight ahead (not down), your chin will look way tighter and thinner. Next, try using subtle bronzer to highlight your cheekbones - it'll make your face look more defined, which will call attention way from the area that makes you feel insecure. Lastly, try revising your daily diet. I don't mean to go on a drastic diet!! Instead, I mean try cutting out some junk foods/fruit juices/soda and replacing them with healthier treats, like fruits or yogurt. When you start eating right and exercising, you see/feel results all over - even your neck and chin! But please don't forget you are beautiful exactly how you are, and you notice those "flaws" wayyyy more than anyone else would. You live with them, so of course you'll criticize them. But to other people, there are so much more important things <3
Lauren C.

by juegee on 8/10/2012 12:13:23 AM

HEY GIRLS! Do you love Maximum Ride? If so, please join my "Maximum Ride <3" club. Positions are open! First to claim gets them!

by myfatsquirrel on 8/9/2012 11:23:00 PM

MOD MOD
Please someone who was in band answer!Okay, so I put way too much pressure on myself. I try not to, but I don't know how! I am a freshman in high school. I play mellophone. I am musically gifted. Not a whole lot, but enough for a small town band director to put you in any audition he can. I stress myself out over it. I have to get into districts, or everyone will be disappointed. I try to learn to not care what they think, but I think the pressure is coming from me. I do not have the option to quit. Ever since the pressure has been on me to do well, and get scholarships in college, I like band less. I don't want to play. My method of coping with stress is to jut freak myself out and put it off, to get away from it. Every time I take a break and come back to it, I get mad at myself when I come back to it because I can no longer do it! I have switched fingerings 5 times in the past 5 years, which is very difficult for me. Please help! I don't know how to deal with the pressure?

Hey girlie,

Extracurriculars are supposed to be fun, but when they become something bigger - a way to get to college, for example - it can really suck the fun right out of them. We've been there! But we totally understand you feeling like you can't quit. Sometimes, it isn't as simple as swapping out one activity for another - you, your family, and your band director has put so much energy into this hobby that it would be hard just to abandon it. What we suggest is starting slow. If you're feeling overwhelmed by band taking over your life, talk to your parents and band director about it. Ask if you can go on fewer auditions or change up your rehearsal schedule. You need more time for YOU, to spend however you want. Whether it's bubble baths, doing your nails, trying another hobby, watching a movie, or even taking a nap - you need time to recharge. Music and band CAN be fun again, but not if it's the only thing in your life. Everyone needs variety! (Plus, colleges love it when someone is well-rounded and hasn't focused on ONE THING for their whole lives.) Talk to your parents and express your concerns. Tell them you aren't happy anymore and it's just too much - be honest and try to work with them to get that happy balance back <3 You can do it!
Lauren C.

by *B*E*<3 on 8/9/2012 11:00:27 PM

please join beauty! its a great club without many members
Frown
but it includes advice on all girly things!
looking for admins.
<3lauren<3

by yorkielover88 on 8/9/2012 10:17:41 PM

Hey Girls! Need more advice on Back to School Fashion? Head over to "Advice Queen!". We give tips on fashion and more! Including makeup, boys, dating, friends, drama, Middle School and Highschool, exercise, body questions, and those things you're too embarrassed to ask your mom about. Don't worry, we've all been there Smile All the members are active, including myself, the VP, so your questions will be answered quickly!

by ana*marie on 8/9/2012 9:45:35 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
Well I bought a pair of Oxford flats/ lace up flat, but I have no idea what to wear them with.
Can you please give me some outfit ideas? They are grey so can you give me some colors that go with grey? Thank you very, very, very much!

Hey girlie,

I'd love to pair oxford flats with a girly white dress (think lace or chiffon) or something more "boyfriend" inspired, like a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and an oversized structured blazer. Gray is a great color because it's a neutral, so it goes with bright colors and also classic black/white combos. Get creative!
Lauren C.

by saysay65 on 8/9/2012 9:45:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hi, when will the makeup GL buzz babes get their first email?

Hey girlie,

I'm sooo sorry but I'm not in charge of sending out the Buzz Babes emails, so I'm not 100% sure! Try to be patient and keep checking though <3
Lauren C.