8 HOURS AGO 20 tricks for squashing school stress: http://t.co/kUvA73dtXa

9 HOURS AGO How to deal with untrue and embarrassing rumors: http://t.co/pNgcaDsOup

9 HOURS AGO 5 fall inspired smoothies to try now http://t.co/oJExccTLYu

COMMENTS

BTS Style File: Ace Fashion 101 with first-day outfit ideas and more!

Planning your first-day look but runnin’ low on inspiration? No sweat, stylista! We took our video cam behind-the-scenes of our back-to-school fashion shoot and got our favorite...

Here we will give you advice on ways to become movie stars, models, fashionistas, dancers, and singers. For the Broadway headed babes, the Youtube singers, the fashion designer, and the beautiful chicks. Hope to wave to you one day in Broadway. Join my club, Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 8/9/2012 6:47:07 PM

MOD
My mom alwas makes me but clothes tobig because she insists they are too tight, but that's just the style! THey aall have poblems, like my pant fall down, evenwith a belt, and my shirts gap when I bend over! At Aeropostale, I wear about a 3/4 jeans and she gets me a 7/8, and I'm a smallfor shirts and she gets me a large! What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Try telling her honestly how you feel. Explain that you really appreciate her spending the money on these clothes, so you feel like they should at least FIT you. You want her to get her money's worth, after all! Then try to compromise - tell her you don't want skinny jeans or short shorts, you just want clothes that fit so they don't fall off. Stay calm and talk to her in a mature way. Let her see your side <3
Lauren C.

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 6:05:48 PM

How can I convince my mom to let me shave my arms? They are so hairy and embarassing, and I've told her, but she says I'm being vain. I"m not though, they are hairier than most boys' arms. Also, how can I convinvce her to let me get my eyebrows waxed? Mine are so bushy and I'm not allowed to pluck them but I do a little anyways because they are embarassing, but I hate plucking and I'd like to wax them. THanks!

Hey girl,

You actually shouldn't shave your arms! Your hair will grow back thick and stubbly - even worse than before. I promise you they aren't as hairy as you think, or at least that other people don't see them as being as hairy as you do. You have to live with them, so of course you're gonna be analyzing them! But it's normal to have arm hair and personally I think it's way better if you let it be. As for your eyebrows, plucking/waxing just to clean up the stray hairs can really help you feel more confident. Try talking to mom and tell her that - instead of saying something like, "everyone else is doing it!", tell her how it will affect you. Be honest: "I feel self-conscious about it and it will really make me feel more outgoing." Ask her why she is against it, and hear her out. Be patient and mature about this argument - don't get too emotional, but let her see your side of things. <3 Give it some time - she might just be saying no because of your age. She'll come around eventually!
Lauren C.

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 6:02:40 PM

MOD
I have a very fat face. How can I make my face look thin to match the rest of me?

Hey girlie,

There aren't really exercises to "thin out" your face, but you can flatter your face shape by embracing it. For example, get a haircut that works best with your face shape: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/05/18/Get-the-best-bangs-for-your-face-shape.aspx And I know you've heard it before, but walk with confidence! No one will notice your "flaws" (or what YOU think are flaws) if you're outgoing, confident, and comfy in your own skin <3
Lauren C.

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 5:59:55 PM

MOD
I'm starting high school and I'm so nervous. I'm really shy. NO guys ever like me. I've never had a boyfriend or first kiss. I want to make some new friends this year and distance away from some of mine, because they aren't very thoughtful and nice sometimes. What are some times? Also, how can I make my skin clear of zits without drying it out? And how can I convince my mom to let me wearmore makeup. She barely lets me wear any! THanks, and please answer all these, they are really iportant! THanks!

Hey girlie,

It's not a big deal that you haven't had a BF or a first kiss yet! I'll bet a lot of your classmates haven't either. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to have all these "firsts," try to focus on meeting new people and opening up a little so you don't let chances pass you by. Talk to people in your classes, sit with a new group at lunch, join clubs/sports, and be sure of yourself. Fake it til you feel it for real! It'll help you make the most out of high school - and will also help you connect better with guys. And then you'll have a better shot of meeting the right guy for all these "firsts" - when it's meant to happen!
Lauren C.

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 5:56:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am very tall (almost six feet) and I am not very skinny. Any advice on bts clothes?

Hey girlie,

Start here! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/05/Perfect-party-dresses-for-tall-girls.aspx These tips are great for picking out skirts and dresses, which will give you long lines and make you look graceful. That's always the goal when you're tall!  And you can mimic these tips for other types of clothes (not just dresses) by looking for high-low hem blouses or tops with ruffles/other eye-catching details. Then, add some key staples: a bootcut jean, a pair of tall boots, a structured blazer Smile
Lauren C.

by bubblegum girl on 8/9/2012 5:33:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I need a really good bts outfit. idk what to wear! any ideas? Im a big boned girl, my hips and thighs are slightly big, otherwise im pretty average. thanks!! Smile

Hey girlie,

Take a look at our Fashion section for all our latest back to school articles! We'll be posting lots more ideas throughout the month of August, so I know you'll get some great ideas if you check back Smile

Lauren C.

by ssidhom on 8/9/2012 5:19:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really like my BGF and I see him all the time at theater and math class and youth group. My BFF is pressuring me to tell him I like him and I'm wonderig if I should take her advice. Should I? I'm only 14 and not allowed to date. Would it be a smart move?
BTW, thank you for all you moderators do. I know you've done so much for me and all the other girls on this site.

Hey girl! Thanks for the sweet compliment, we love our readers Smile If you're not allowed to date yet, I wouldn't go against the rules.  However, you could either tell the boy and see what he says or just keep it a secret crush until you're allowed to date. xxoo
Maggie P.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 8/9/2012 3:29:13 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
I really want a pair of Oxford flats/ lace up flats. The problem is I'm a size women's 11 and I can't find any my size for under $30. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey girl! Oxfords are totally in so they're in stores everywhere! I would try Kohl's or Payless for good prices. xxoo
Maggie P.

by saysay65 on 8/9/2012 2:37:50 PM

MODMODMOD okay 2 questions 1. im starting school in 3 days and i really want that small but really pretty waves in my hair i cant buy anything and i dont wanna use heat is there anyways i can do it like i have to braid my hair the night before or something??? 2.I really wanna know what to wear to school without buying something any ideas?

Hey girl! You can get pretty waves in your hair by braiding your hair when its slightly damp. Wait until it dries and when you take out the braids you'll have waves!  I would suggest trying to mix up your clothes in a way to make them look new.  Try a scarf as a belt or maybe a cool headband. xxoo
Maggie P.