2 HOURS AGO 5 toppings to put your pie game on fleek: http://t.co/yyT2wrIcRQ

14 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

17 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

COMMENTS

BTS Style File: Ace Fashion 101 with first-day outfit ideas and more!

Planning your first-day look but runnin’ low on inspiration? No sweat, stylista! We took our video cam behind-the-scenes of our back-to-school fashion shoot and got our favorite...

HELP!!!!! I love all the GL BTS makeover ideas, but my school requires us to wear uniforms! Gross! Can you give me some advice that won't get me a violation? Thx!

by kated on 8/16/2012 6:31:49 PM

Hey what is the name of the song in the last video?

by Cshepeck on 8/15/2012 11:25:37 AM

In the fall, I plan on wearing skinny jeans and bright sundresses paired with neutrals to school.

by supersingershannon on 8/14/2012 11:15:57 PM

MODMODMOD
So, I already have my back to school outfit. It is a black and white striped skirt (a little above my knees)with a lime skinny belt. I have a nice white top with a bow/decoration on the top left. On top, I have a lime blazer. I was wondering about accessories though. My hair is short, so I can't put it up, but should I put in a headband of some sort? And for the shoes, I was considering black flats or very short black wedges, but I also think that black boots might be cute. I have leather ankle boots and soft (I don't know the material) knee high boots. Which do you think would be cute? (By the way, I'm 5'3.) Thanks so much! Laughing

Hey! sounds cute! I don't think you need the headband since you already have a lot going on visually with the stripes and bow. I think the ankle boots would be the cutest Smile

Helen S.

by horselover303 on 8/14/2012 8:53:01 PM

Hey guys! Pop on over to my updated profile if you need advice or have any questions. Im a highschool senior so i can totes help you outSmile

by Aquamintsgirl on 8/13/2012 3:46:22 AM

Loved the bootleg jeans and boots ideas!!! I hate wearing skinnies, so that helped me soooo much!

Thanks GL Style Files!!!

by AlwaysDreamer on 8/12/2012 1:06:21 PM

Hey HelenaPS, Hollister, Wet Seal, Delias and Forever21 have them for good prices. You can also check Macy's and Nordstroms in the junior section. With colored jeans neutral colors like white, grey, cream and black always look cute. Black and white striped and floral print shirts look work too. Don't forget to accessorize because that always takes your outfit to the next level. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
okay, so i SERIOUSLY know that printed/colored jeans are a big thing this year and I really want to get a pair, but I don't know what to wear them with! I can't spend a lot because I don't wear free dress on school days. Any tips on where to go for printed (and reasonably priced!!) jeans and what to wear them with?
Thanks! Lynae P.

by HelenaPS on 8/11/2012 1:19:35 PM

i hate first-day outfits, they're too stressful! so i'm glad that link crew (in charge of freshman orientation)has to wear their shirts. no clothing-stress for me!=]

by the_last_ninja on 8/11/2012 11:22:16 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Hi! I have a dress that is just short enough that I can't wear it without something under it, but just long enough that I'm not lovin' leggings with it. Any ideas on how I can get an extra inch or two?

Hey girl,

Try bike shorts or a short legging that hits just below your knee for a compromise!

Meghan D.

by InYourEyes on 8/10/2012 9:13:45 PM

My cheer coach for school is having all the cheerleaders wear one of our practice shirts and skinny jeans. At least she let us wear our hair and shoes the way we want ? Kinda sad that I'm gonna miss out on the fun of a first day outfit though. Oh well !

by kenzi143 on 8/10/2012 7:27:37 PM

This year, I will definitely be trying out the chambray shirt trend

by BBMarie on 8/10/2012 3:23:24 PM

MODMODMODMOD
Lauren C.
Thank you sooo much you sound like you were exactly in my situation! I'm feeling a lot less scared now Smile I just wanted to say thanks again for the great help Smile

by starfan1 on 8/10/2012 1:51:22 AM

MODMODMOD
(Maybe one whose had braces and/or had a tooth pulled out for them?)
Ok hi mod. So I have a problem Frown I want to get braces really bad (and my mom and dad are
Willing to let me) but the problem is the orthodontist said I need two teeth pulled on top first. I had a tooth pulled on top before when I was younger and they had to use a numbing shot in the roof of my mouth! I cried and screamed while they did it. But now I feel like that holding me back from my braces. I'm so afraid of the novacane shot on top that I'm not gonna get braces. Please help. Have you ever had to get teeth pulled on top and gotten that injection? Any tips? Should I just avoid the braces? I'm so confused. Oh and I can't get laughing gas. Thanks soo much in advance.

Hey girlie,

I've had teeth pulled (baby teeth and wisdom teeth) AND braces, so I've been there! If you think braces will improve your confidence, they're totally worth it. I know having straight teeth lifted a huge weight off my shoulders - I was always thinking about it and comparing my mouth to others (I know, totally wrong but I couldn't help it). But having the luxury of fixing them? It was so great - and it lasts forever as long as you wear a retainer, so it really is something that will change your life. You shouldn't give that up just because you're scared of getting a tooth pulled Smile I know the needle is scary - it feels like it's going so far back and you're really worried it's gonna hurt. But the worst part is the anticipation - the worrying about it. Breathe through your nose (not your mouth) and ask the dentist to talk you through the whole process, so nothing takes you by surprise. Then you'll feel a tiny prick of pain, kinda like a pinch behind your nose. (The needle doesn't go far at all, but that's where I always felt the twinge.) And then the medicine will work and it numbs you almost immediately! It's great stuff ;) Again, it's totally normal to be worried. But you can do this!!!

by Starfan1 on 8/10/2012 12:24:19 AM

Okay, so I feel like I'm starting to get a double chin. It's starting to embarrass me. Is there anything I can do to slim it down a bit? Please help!

Hey girlie,

First off, always remember that posture is key. If you sit/stand up straight and look straight ahead (not down), your chin will look way tighter and thinner. Next, try using subtle bronzer to highlight your cheekbones - it'll make your face look more defined, which will call attention way from the area that makes you feel insecure. Lastly, try revising your daily diet. I don't mean to go on a drastic diet!! Instead, I mean try cutting out some junk foods/fruit juices/soda and replacing them with healthier treats, like fruits or yogurt. When you start eating right and exercising, you see/feel results all over - even your neck and chin! But please don't forget you are beautiful exactly how you are, and you notice those "flaws" wayyyy more than anyone else would. You live with them, so of course you'll criticize them. But to other people, there are so much more important things <3

by juegee on 8/10/2012 12:13:23 AM

HEY GIRLS! Do you love Maximum Ride? If so, please join my "Maximum Ride <3" club. Positions are open! First to claim gets them!

by myfatsquirrel on 8/9/2012 11:23:00 PM

MOD MOD
Please someone who was in band answer!Okay, so I put way too much pressure on myself. I try not to, but I don't know how! I am a freshman in high school. I play mellophone. I am musically gifted. Not a whole lot, but enough for a small town band director to put you in any audition he can. I stress myself out over it. I have to get into districts, or everyone will be disappointed. I try to learn to not care what they think, but I think the pressure is coming from me. I do not have the option to quit. Ever since the pressure has been on me to do well, and get scholarships in college, I like band less. I don't want to play. My method of coping with stress is to jut freak myself out and put it off, to get away from it. Every time I take a break and come back to it, I get mad at myself when I come back to it because I can no longer do it! I have switched fingerings 5 times in the past 5 years, which is very difficult for me. Please help! I don't know how to deal with the pressure?

Hey girlie,

Extracurriculars are supposed to be fun, but when they become something bigger - a way to get to college, for example - it can really suck the fun right out of them. We've been there! But we totally understand you feeling like you can't quit. Sometimes, it isn't as simple as swapping out one activity for another - you, your family, and your band director has put so much energy into this hobby that it would be hard just to abandon it. What we suggest is starting slow. If you're feeling overwhelmed by band taking over your life, talk to your parents and band director about it. Ask if you can go on fewer auditions or change up your rehearsal schedule. You need more time for YOU, to spend however you want. Whether it's bubble baths, doing your nails, trying another hobby, watching a movie, or even taking a nap - you need time to recharge. Music and band CAN be fun again, but not if it's the only thing in your life. Everyone needs variety! (Plus, colleges love it when someone is well-rounded and hasn't focused on ONE THING for their whole lives.) Talk to your parents and express your concerns. Tell them you aren't happy anymore and it's just too much - be honest and try to work with them to get that happy balance back <3 You can do it!

by *B*E*<3 on 8/9/2012 11:00:27 PM

please join beauty! its a great club without many members
Frown
but it includes advice on all girly things!
looking for admins.
<3lauren<3

by yorkielover88 on 8/9/2012 10:17:41 PM

Hey Girls! Need more advice on Back to School Fashion? Head over to "Advice Queen!". We give tips on fashion and more! Including makeup, boys, dating, friends, drama, Middle School and Highschool, exercise, body questions, and those things you're too embarrassed to ask your mom about. Don't worry, we've all been there Smile All the members are active, including myself, the VP, so your questions will be answered quickly!

by ana*marie on 8/9/2012 9:45:35 PM

Mod! Mod! Mod!
Well I bought a pair of Oxford flats/ lace up flat, but I have no idea what to wear them with.
Can you please give me some outfit ideas? They are grey so can you give me some colors that go with grey? Thank you very, very, very much!

Hey girlie,

I'd love to pair oxford flats with a girly white dress (think lace or chiffon) or something more "boyfriend" inspired, like a pair of dark wash skinny jeans and an oversized structured blazer. Gray is a great color because it's a neutral, so it goes with bright colors and also classic black/white combos. Get creative!

by saysay65 on 8/9/2012 9:45:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hi, when will the makeup GL buzz babes get their first email?

Hey girlie,

I'm sooo sorry but I'm not in charge of sending out the Buzz Babes emails, so I'm not 100% sure! Try to be patient and keep checking though <3

by WinnieGirlie on 8/9/2012 7:34:59 PM

Here we will give you advice on ways to become movie stars, models, fashionistas, dancers, and singers. For the Broadway headed babes, the Youtube singers, the fashion designer, and the beautiful chicks. Hope to wave to you one day in Broadway. Join my club, Lights, Camera, Action!

by pretty123 on 8/9/2012 6:47:07 PM

MOD
My mom alwas makes me but clothes tobig because she insists they are too tight, but that's just the style! THey aall have poblems, like my pant fall down, evenwith a belt, and my shirts gap when I bend over! At Aeropostale, I wear about a 3/4 jeans and she gets me a 7/8, and I'm a smallfor shirts and she gets me a large! What should I do?

Hey girlie,

Try telling her honestly how you feel. Explain that you really appreciate her spending the money on these clothes, so you feel like they should at least FIT you. You want her to get her money's worth, after all! Then try to compromise - tell her you don't want skinny jeans or short shorts, you just want clothes that fit so they don't fall off. Stay calm and talk to her in a mature way. Let her see your side <3

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 6:05:48 PM

How can I convince my mom to let me shave my arms? They are so hairy and embarassing, and I've told her, but she says I'm being vain. I"m not though, they are hairier than most boys' arms. Also, how can I convinvce her to let me get my eyebrows waxed? Mine are so bushy and I'm not allowed to pluck them but I do a little anyways because they are embarassing, but I hate plucking and I'd like to wax them. THanks!

Hey girl,

You actually shouldn't shave your arms! Your hair will grow back thick and stubbly - even worse than before. I promise you they aren't as hairy as you think, or at least that other people don't see them as being as hairy as you do. You have to live with them, so of course you're gonna be analyzing them! But it's normal to have arm hair and personally I think it's way better if you let it be. As for your eyebrows, plucking/waxing just to clean up the stray hairs can really help you feel more confident. Try talking to mom and tell her that - instead of saying something like, "everyone else is doing it!", tell her how it will affect you. Be honest: "I feel self-conscious about it and it will really make me feel more outgoing." Ask her why she is against it, and hear her out. Be patient and mature about this argument - don't get too emotional, but let her see your side of things. <3 Give it some time - she might just be saying no because of your age. She'll come around eventually!

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 6:02:40 PM

MOD
I have a very fat face. How can I make my face look thin to match the rest of me?

Hey girlie,

There aren't really exercises to "thin out" your face, but you can flatter your face shape by embracing it. For example, get a haircut that works best with your face shape: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/05/18/Get-the-best-bangs-for-your-face-shape.aspx And I know you've heard it before, but walk with confidence! No one will notice your "flaws" (or what YOU think are flaws) if you're outgoing, confident, and comfy in your own skin <3

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 5:59:55 PM

MOD
I'm starting high school and I'm so nervous. I'm really shy. NO guys ever like me. I've never had a boyfriend or first kiss. I want to make some new friends this year and distance away from some of mine, because they aren't very thoughtful and nice sometimes. What are some times? Also, how can I make my skin clear of zits without drying it out? And how can I convince my mom to let me wearmore makeup. She barely lets me wear any! THanks, and please answer all these, they are really iportant! THanks!

Hey girlie,

It's not a big deal that you haven't had a BF or a first kiss yet! I'll bet a lot of your classmates haven't either. Instead of putting pressure on yourself to have all these "firsts," try to focus on meeting new people and opening up a little so you don't let chances pass you by. Talk to people in your classes, sit with a new group at lunch, join clubs/sports, and be sure of yourself. Fake it til you feel it for real! It'll help you make the most out of high school - and will also help you connect better with guys. And then you'll have a better shot of meeting the right guy for all these "firsts" - when it's meant to happen!

by teampeetapercy on 8/9/2012 5:56:48 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am very tall (almost six feet) and I am not very skinny. Any advice on bts clothes?

Hey girlie,

Start here! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2011/12/05/Perfect-party-dresses-for-tall-girls.aspx These tips are great for picking out skirts and dresses, which will give you long lines and make you look graceful. That's always the goal when you're tall!  And you can mimic these tips for other types of clothes (not just dresses) by looking for high-low hem blouses or tops with ruffles/other eye-catching details. Then, add some key staples: a bootcut jean, a pair of tall boots, a structured blazer Smile

by bubblegum girl on 8/9/2012 5:33:47 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
I need a really good bts outfit. idk what to wear! any ideas? Im a big boned girl, my hips and thighs are slightly big, otherwise im pretty average. thanks!! Smile

Hey girlie,

Take a look at our Fashion section for all our latest back to school articles! We'll be posting lots more ideas throughout the month of August, so I know you'll get some great ideas if you check back Smile

by ssidhom on 8/9/2012 5:19:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really like my BGF and I see him all the time at theater and math class and youth group. My BFF is pressuring me to tell him I like him and I'm wonderig if I should take her advice. Should I? I'm only 14 and not allowed to date. Would it be a smart move?
BTW, thank you for all you moderators do. I know you've done so much for me and all the other girls on this site.

Hey girl! Thanks for the sweet compliment, we love our readers Smile If you're not allowed to date yet, I wouldn't go against the rules.  However, you could either tell the boy and see what he says or just keep it a secret crush until you're allowed to date. xxoo
Maggie P.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 8/9/2012 3:29:13 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
I really want a pair of Oxford flats/ lace up flats. The problem is I'm a size women's 11 and I can't find any my size for under $30. Any suggestions? Thanks

Hey girl! Oxfords are totally in so they're in stores everywhere! I would try Kohl's or Payless for good prices. xxoo
Maggie P.

by saysay65 on 8/9/2012 2:37:50 PM

MODMODMOD okay 2 questions 1. im starting school in 3 days and i really want that small but really pretty waves in my hair i cant buy anything and i dont wanna use heat is there anyways i can do it like i have to braid my hair the night before or something??? 2.I really wanna know what to wear to school without buying something any ideas?

Hey girl! You can get pretty waves in your hair by braiding your hair when its slightly damp. Wait until it dries and when you take out the braids you'll have waves!  I would suggest trying to mix up your clothes in a way to make them look new.  Try a scarf as a belt or maybe a cool headband. xxoo
Maggie P.

by gracie206 on 8/9/2012 2:32:40 PM

MOD-MOD-MOD
But the thing is, that I really loved him for a long time.
I mean we were friends for a few years before we started going out.
I was his date to his father's wedding.
He had asked me to move in with him after graduation.
He's 2 years older than me but I always felt really close with him.
Our breakup was a mutual decision.
He's in London and I'm in New York. The distance was too great.
He's really a great guy but I don't know what kind of a relationship I want from him anymore.

Hey girl!  Since you two were so close, maybe you can remain friends? It's always good to get space after a breakup but if you come together naturally again, you can let that happen as well. xxoo
Maggie P.

by earthyartist on 8/9/2012 2:19:48 PM

Hey everyone!! plz check out my club: Like a Blank canvas... Its meant for writers and poets, or readers!! you can find it on my profile. Posistions are also available.

by High Tops FTW on 8/9/2012 2:15:10 PM

I'm going to wear a neutral mocha colored lace dress with a fringe necklace to make a fashion statement and a pair of nude flats.

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/9/2012 2:10:13 PM

MOD-MOD-MOD
I just broke up with my long distance boyfriend of 7 months. Things just didn't work out as we had planned and now he's seeing this model. He says I'm still his best friend and that he wants to try again in a while, but I just don't know how I feel about him anymore. I love him, but I was relieved when we broke up. What do I do?

Hey girl! I'm sorry about that Frown If you truly feel ready to move on, try to limit your conversations with him for awhile and see if it feels natural.  After awhile you'll be ready to try dating again! xxoo
Maggie P.

by earthyartist on 8/9/2012 2:09:43 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very baby-faced and I was just wondering if you had any tips for helping me look a bit more mature. Thank-you Smile!!!

Hey girl! The best idea is to embrace your look as it is!  You can try to highlight your features by wearing a little mascara or lipgloss. xxoo
Maggie P.

by iluvmusic♥ on 8/9/2012 2:00:38 PM

I love that you put a Breanne Duren song in one of these videos! And great advice, thanks!

by darkduck12 on 8/9/2012 1:49:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Saturday I'm leaving to New Hampshire with my brother to spend time with family. We're going on the plane with just us and our seats might be separated. The three questions I have about the plane ride are what can I do to be entertained, how can I do my makeup and hair so it doesn't look awful, and what should I wear? I've heard that planes are cold and I haven't been on one in a while. Please help!

Hey girl! Why not try bringing along a magazine (GL, perhaps?) to read while you're on the plane.  I would wear comfy shorts or pants and layers up top in case it gets cold or hot.  For make up and hair, keep it simple! A cute pony or braid will stay in throughout the ride and simple mascara and concealer will keep you looking fresh. xxoo
Maggie P.

by Jetdoggy24 on 8/9/2012 1:35:28 PM

Hey girls, please join my clubs! If you ever need advice just ask and we’ll get back to you asap!
Queens of Hearts<3 :a club where you can get advice on hair, beauty, fashion, life, friends and especially boys!
Let’s Get Active! : a club that is pretty much a whole group of workout buddies who will give advice, motivate and inspire you to reach your fitness goals and stay healthy and active!

Please join, we’d love to have you and I would appreciate it sooo much!

<3 Honeycakes

by honeycakes on 8/9/2012 1:33:50 PM

Mod Mod Mod!
Can I have a list of the songs that were in these videos?
Thanks!

Gold Mine by Breanne Duren

Come Home by Chappo

Ya Better Believe by Max Morgan

Anna Sun by Walk the Moon

xxoo
Maggie P.

by saysay65 on 8/9/2012 1:20:46 PM

Hey! Join my friend's club, EVERYTHING hair. She desperately needs members, and it's a great club. Please join for the sake of joining!
Smile

by pretty123 on 8/9/2012 12:50:04 PM

Boot legs sounds good to me! Smile

by Susmita24 on 8/9/2012 12:40:08 PM