9 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

12 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

13 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

Continue the Olympic spirit with our Brit Band playlist

Even though the 2012 Summer Olympics are drawing to a close, we still want to keep in touch with British culture. One of our fave ways to...

My favorite British singer at the moment is Ellie Goulding. But I can't believe you didn't include the Beatles! They are the most important British band, after all.

by supersingershannon on 8/14/2012 11:45:28 PM

i love 1D and Cher!! don't forget "Wings" by Little Mix!!

by steph4nie on 8/14/2012 1:34:33 PM

OMG ITS CHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG IM THE BIGGEST BRAT EVER (thats one of her fans) I LOVE YOU CHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by amr6 on 8/14/2012 8:47:43 AM

I love Ellie Goulding, but she wasn't included. I'm thinking of making a club for her.

PLEASE JOIN THE LIAM PAYNE FAN CLUB! I HAVE NO MEMBERS CUZ I MADE IT TODAY BUT IT'S GONNA BE SUPER FUN!

I also like 1D Smile

by livestylehorses12 on 8/13/2012 9:37:35 PM

I love 1D <3 YEAH!

by Smashley321 on 8/13/2012 6:21:37 PM

actually Ireland is part of the British isles...

by fresh princess on 8/13/2012 5:33:46 PM

One Direction!!! Smile <3

by DancePartyChick200 on 8/13/2012 5:23:48 PM

YEAH!!! 1D 4 EVER!

by BeautyByKailey on 8/13/2012 3:43:00 PM

Um, softballismyBFF, Adele IS British. :/

by SelG4Ever on 8/13/2012 1:12:40 PM

check out the british group 'little mix' on youtube they have a great music video (wings)

by jburnett on 8/13/2012 10:28:36 AM

How could you leave ed sheeran out??? but i still <3 1D adele coldplay and the script!!!!!!

by Kaycris on 8/12/2012 11:56:05 PM

Go Cher Lloyd,the wanted, and Adele but mostly go one direction!!!

by secretstar22blue on 8/12/2012 11:11:06 PM

The Script, One Direction, Coldplay, One Direction &hearts BUT WHERE'S ED SHEERAN?!

by ImmaWriter on 8/12/2012 9:51:58 PM

Ed Sheeran and the Beatles... seriously- how could you leave them out? Sorry I feel alittle harsh... I absolutely love One Direction and The Script (even though they are irish) Haha I loved the playlist too!Smile

by AMOURx10 on 8/12/2012 7:28:44 PM

I love 1D Cher Lloyd and Little Mix!!!!

by BalletGirl1198 on 8/12/2012 12:40:38 AM

AHH!!! ONE DIRECTION <3 <3 <3 LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM <3 also ed sheeran or olly murs should've been on this list. they're amazing performers

by tswiftluver13 on 8/11/2012 2:01:40 PM

Also, where's Olly Murs or Little Mix?!?!

by HPgirl13 on 8/10/2012 10:38:01 PM

I love all these artists, but I one question, how come Ed Sheeran isn't mentioned here? He's an AMAZING British singer!

by HPgirl13 on 8/10/2012 10:31:05 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!
Coldplay is so awesome the best british band ever. Performed at the olympics grand opening this year. love to see them in gl magazine! they are releasing 6-part comic series which debuts february 2013 about the story behind the mylo xyloto album. Everybody vote for them for the mtv VMA's awards!

by musiclove44 on 8/10/2012 10:17:50 PM

I Love 1D, and Adele's Hometown Glory has been on my ipod for years! and I still listen to it!

by j4zm09 on 8/10/2012 8:57:42 PM

Ahh! Saw the picture of One Direction and clicked without knowing what it was! HUGE directioner. They are performing at the closing Olympics ceremony too! Laughing Big fan of Cher Lloyd aswell. Way ahead of you!;)

by 1dcrazy on 8/10/2012 7:17:30 PM

Ahhh I love British music! Especially One Direction and Cher Lloyd! Yes, I am a MAJOR directioner. I saw the picture of the boys and clicked on it without knowing what it was even for! They are performing at the closing Olympics ceremonies too! Way ahead of ya. ;)

by 1dcrazy on 8/10/2012 7:13:41 PM

Technically great Britain is the island...not specifically England. So they are correct in including Ireland and other countries on/surrounding the island of great Britain.
I love Mumford and sons! I actually love every band/artist up there but specifically Mumford and sons. Does anyone know when their new album comes out?

by Hershey on 8/10/2012 6:39:09 PM

i love 1D! ironically i was listening to them when i heard this!1D forever

by bking62 on 8/10/2012 5:52:55 PM

One direction is british-irish, but gotta be you is amazing.
kate nash is AMAZING
coldplay is one of the greatest bands of all time
cher Lloyd is gorgeous love her
cosmic love is a beautiful song
mumford & sons is really great
and I love the script, but GL, they are obviously irish.

by katiebell929 on 8/10/2012 5:28:25 PM

Niall is Irish.
One of the The Wanted is Irish
The Script is Irish.

There is a HUGE difference from being British and Irish.It's like being American and Canadian, not the same at all.

by smileitsjulia on 8/10/2012 5:02:24 PM

I saw the picture of One Direction and started mentally screaming. XD

by Twiggi828 on 8/10/2012 4:40:28 PM

I thought The Script was from Ireland?

by michipie205 on 8/10/2012 4:34:56 PM

I love One Direction and Cher Llyod. Laughing

by taylorswiftfan1233 on 8/10/2012 4:10:11 PM

i like "the man who can't be moved," but the script is from ireland! i saw them in concert and they were, uh, definitely not british!

by the_last_ninja on 8/10/2012 3:50:50 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD Ok so I really need some outfits for the first few days of school!!! I have a lot of stuff that is considered stylish and trendy from urban outfitters and forever 21 and stuff! But I am not sure how to pair it! So may I have some ideas? I think for the first day I am going to wear a cute strapless dress with a jean jacket and sandals. Is that too out there? Should I tone it down? What are some other outfits that I could wear during the first week? We aren't allowed to wear short shorts above 4 inches above the knee or shirts that don't cover our shoulders without a jacket or sweater! Or see thru shirts! Thanks soooooo much! Smile

Hey girl!

I don't think it's too out there at all to wear your dress with a jean jacket and sandals. If you have fun tops from summer, just cover your shoulders with that jean jacket or cardigans. Pair them with jeans on the bottom that you can roll up or a skirt!

Rachael A.

by zeus11 on 8/10/2012 3:00:52 PM

The script and adele aren't british!!!! Where's Ellie goulding??? I <3 1D thank u for putting them on here!!! Can't wait for their second album to come out! <3 Harry styles forever!!!!!!!!

by softballismyBFF on 8/10/2012 2:34:59 PM

I met the fiddler of Mumford and Sons once! It was awesome!

by Demeter99 on 8/10/2012 1:53:13 PM

I totally love the fiddler's skillz in Mumford and Sons!

by Demeter99 on 8/10/2012 1:50:03 PM

Mumford & Sons, Coldplay, and Adele are awesome, and 1D is okay, but where's Ellie Goulding and The Beatles?

by SelG4Ever on 8/10/2012 1:46:15 PM

Umm...hello? Where are the BEATLES, the Rolling Stones, the Who, shall I go on?

by newsies on 8/10/2012 1:40:44 PM

ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a total directioner!!! i love them so much <3 especially nialler <3 HE'S MINE PEOPLE!

by artgaldh on 8/10/2012 1:18:22 PM

One Direction is a British Irish band.

by curlygirl16 on 8/10/2012 1:16:27 PM

ONE DIRECTION<3
But where is Ed Sheeran?

by zeus11 on 8/10/2012 12:45:22 PM

MODMODMOD
So today is my last day at camp and on the last night here, we get to have an all-nighter on the Quad (grass and tree area where people hang out) so I was wondering if you have any suggestions to keep myself awake so I can say goodbye to everyone especially people who have flights leaving at 3am. I want to be able to stay awake so any ideas?

Hey girl! When I need to stay awake, I always take a nap right before I have to go somewhere and then grab some cold water and a snack.  When I start to get tired, I eat a little bit and drink some cold water- it really wakes you up! Also, try taking a walk when you get REALLY tired to get your blood flowing again! xoxo

Kate G.

by superstarlala on 8/10/2012 12:38:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD hey so i wrote a poem about going back to school and was wondering if anyone can enter a poem into "You wrote it!". how do you send the poem in? does everyone's poem get put on the website? thanks!

Hey girlie! We get a lot of poems, so we pick some of the best to put up on the site.  Unfortunately, we can't put EVERYTHING we like or that's all we'd have! Submit to youwroteit@girlslife.com and we'll check it out! xoxo

Kate G.

by iskate100 on 8/10/2012 12:36:48 PM

total directioner!!!

by *epic fail* on 8/10/2012 12:05:51 PM

Totally love the songs: "Want U Back", "Glad You Came", and "Gotta Be You". ♥

by tropicdog on 8/10/2012 11:59:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hey, so what are some things that I should spend $165 on? Thanks!

Hey girl! If you don't have anything you really want in mind, save it! That way when you really want something, you'll have the money saved up to get it! xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/10/2012 11:23:16 AM

ONE DIRECTION!!!!!!!!!

by goldenheart7 on 8/10/2012 11:18:42 AM

I love the song the man who cant be moved!

by leah2113 on 8/10/2012 11:18:40 AM