15 HOURS AGO Don't get rid of your summer shorts yet! Style 'em into fall with these tricks: http://t.co/Xp7R765Nre

16 HOURS AGO A clean closet = a happy closet. A happy closet = tons of awesome outfits. Here's your plan: http://t.co/hwsRJ4DMlC

17 HOURS AGO Fashionable nails that – wait a minute—yep, have to do with school: http://t.co/OpeFgHDtgG

COMMENTS

Ed. Obsession Under $20: The 60-second secret to hallway-ready hair

Dry shampoos were pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me (er, my hair). I’m a firm believer that hair doesn’t need to be washed...

Dear MOD,
Okay, I have long, thick hair that is not color treated. I wash my hair everyday, but I don't know if it hurts my hair. I have asked my mom about dry shampoos and conditioners and being the pristine mom she is said it is gross not to wash my hair everyday. Even if I don't wash my hair Friday nights (I was my body) she says it is gross. I have tried (for 2 weeks) washing my hair every other day (no dry shampoo) and I didn't notice a difference between my hair when I didn't wash as much. What should I do about my hair? Is it safe to wash it every single day of the week?
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Yes, Girl, It's safe to wash your hair every day. Some girls prefer to wash it every other day to preserve natural shine and texture. If your hair is dry, that might be a good idea, but if your hair is oily you would definitely want to wash it everyday. All in all, it should damage it if you skip a wash or wash it everyday.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by MadisonRL on 1/29/2013 3:57:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
hi... i have curly hair and i was wondering if there are any products that you think might help my hair from frizzing up!Thanks

Hey chica, there are TONS of de-frizz serums- head to the drugstore and buy one or two and see how they work! xoxo

Kate G.

by livstar9 on 8/27/2012 9:56:24 PM

yes 4 bucks score!!!!!!

by marggieluv on 8/22/2012 8:02:16 PM

4$!!!!!!!!!!!thats awesome totally buying it!!!!:0

by kjm62 on 8/21/2012 3:00:11 PM

I've tried dried shampoo, and to be honest it made my hair look even more oily, even when i used it right. i'm not sure what to do anymore about it

by glfan345 on 8/20/2012 8:13:50 AM

OHMIGOSH!!!!! I can't wait to try this!!!

by sam091 on 8/17/2012 11:51:48 AM

what does Ed. stand for and what does MOD mean?

Hey girl,

It stands for "Editor" Smile

Lauren C.

by ShabbyChicGeek1 on 8/17/2012 12:42:47 AM

i have REALLY thick hair and its sorta wavy at the ends. i want to straighten it with a iron but i dont know whats a good cheap iron to buy! i used have one but it broke Frown now i want to buy a different one cuz the old one wasnt very good on my hair (old brand: Ceramic Tools). also whats a good heat protectant thats cheap?? THANKS! Smile

Hey girlie,

Ceramic flat irons are great, so try picking a ceramic iron from a brand you trust. We love Revlon or CHI: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod1460064 But browse Ulta's flat irons section to see what works for you! As for heat protectant, check out this one from Pantene for thick hair!

Lauren C.

by sugar7410 on 8/16/2012 5:55:12 PM

MODMODMOD!!
i have school uniform too (solid colored collared shirts, tan or navy or black or brown pants/shorts, no sandals). how can i get a fall look for school? also, what does mod mean? stupid question, but i cant figure it out.

Hey girl! Mods are moderators, we answer all your questions! You can get cute collared shirts (chambray, if you can) and cute pants.  Also, try cool accessories (neons are super fun!).  xoxo

Kate G.

by nutmeg814 on 8/16/2012 4:37:38 PM

i literally JUST sprayed mine in!

by decklandog on 8/16/2012 2:55:30 PM