8 HOURS AGO How to ask a guy out and not be super awk and sketchy: http://t.co/l6Imxj9xVp

11 HOURS AGO Feelin' crafty? Make mom the perf #MothersDay prezzie: http://t.co/Of1DdcU6k7

12 HOURS AGO 6 excuses to get off your butt and have some fun outdoors: http://t.co/z1vY4OZjTX

COMMENTS

Ed. Obsession Under $20: The 60-second secret to hallway-ready hair

Dry shampoos were pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me (er, my hair). I’m a firm believer that hair doesn’t need to be washed...

Dear MOD,
Okay, I have long, thick hair that is not color treated. I wash my hair everyday, but I don't know if it hurts my hair. I have asked my mom about dry shampoos and conditioners and being the pristine mom she is said it is gross not to wash my hair everyday. Even if I don't wash my hair Friday nights (I was my body) she says it is gross. I have tried (for 2 weeks) washing my hair every other day (no dry shampoo) and I didn't notice a difference between my hair when I didn't wash as much. What should I do about my hair? Is it safe to wash it every single day of the week?
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Yes, Girl, It's safe to wash your hair every day. Some girls prefer to wash it every other day to preserve natural shine and texture. If your hair is dry, that might be a good idea, but if your hair is oily you would definitely want to wash it everyday. All in all, it should damage it if you skip a wash or wash it everyday.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by MadisonRL on 1/29/2013 3:57:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
hi... i have curly hair and i was wondering if there are any products that you think might help my hair from frizzing up!Thanks

Hey chica, there are TONS of de-frizz serums- head to the drugstore and buy one or two and see how they work! xoxo

Kate G.

by livstar9 on 8/27/2012 9:56:24 PM

yes 4 bucks score!!!!!!

by marggieluv on 8/22/2012 8:02:16 PM

4$!!!!!!!!!!!thats awesome totally buying it!!!!:0

by kjm62 on 8/21/2012 3:00:11 PM

I've tried dried shampoo, and to be honest it made my hair look even more oily, even when i used it right. i'm not sure what to do anymore about it

by glfan345 on 8/20/2012 8:13:50 AM

OHMIGOSH!!!!! I can't wait to try this!!!

by sam091 on 8/17/2012 11:51:48 AM

what does Ed. stand for and what does MOD mean?

Hey girl,

It stands for "Editor" Smile

Lauren C.

by ShabbyChicGeek1 on 8/17/2012 12:42:47 AM

i have REALLY thick hair and its sorta wavy at the ends. i want to straighten it with a iron but i dont know whats a good cheap iron to buy! i used have one but it broke Frown now i want to buy a different one cuz the old one wasnt very good on my hair (old brand: Ceramic Tools). also whats a good heat protectant thats cheap?? THANKS! Smile

Hey girlie,

Ceramic flat irons are great, so try picking a ceramic iron from a brand you trust. We love Revlon or CHI: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod1460064 But browse Ulta's flat irons section to see what works for you! As for heat protectant, check out this one from Pantene for thick hair!

Lauren C.

by sugar7410 on 8/16/2012 5:55:12 PM

MODMODMOD!!
i have school uniform too (solid colored collared shirts, tan or navy or black or brown pants/shorts, no sandals). how can i get a fall look for school? also, what does mod mean? stupid question, but i cant figure it out.

Hey girl! Mods are moderators, we answer all your questions! You can get cute collared shirts (chambray, if you can) and cute pants.  Also, try cool accessories (neons are super fun!).  xoxo

Kate G.

by nutmeg814 on 8/16/2012 4:37:38 PM

i literally JUST sprayed mine in!

by decklandog on 8/16/2012 2:55:30 PM

This website is always stating facts on how to style hair in braids, buns, or any other common styles worn by girls all over the country. What I would really like to know is how to wear something new, or possibly even something old and forgotten. For example, I for ages I have wanted to know how to style a beehive (the towering up-do that was popular in the sixties). I want to, as they say, "turn heads". So please, on behalf of the possibly many other girls who would also like to make a statement, include some new styles (such as the beehive). Smile

by livan on 8/15/2012 7:19:36 PM

I like using dry shampoo. I will probably be purchasing this dry conditioner!

by supersingershannon on 8/14/2012 11:48:03 PM

I didn't even know dry conditioner even existed! I am learning a LOT of new stuff on this website!

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 7:19:07 PM

I have a couple things to ask Smile 1. My school has a dresscode (collar shirts and kahkis) so I was just wondering how could I get a cute fall look? I live in Texas so it doesn't get too cold so I guess nothing too heavy. 2. I really like this guy but he lives in Louisiana so I don't get to see him.. should I just move on? Thanks for all the help! - Claud

Hey girl! Def move on from the dude and find a new one at school.  Try different colored shirts and cool jewelry to get a cute fall look.  Flannel is in, so try plaid shirts (in lighter material, since you'll be in warmer weather!) xoxo

Kate G.

by claudsoda on 8/13/2012 3:28:24 PM

when i went to the hairdresser to trim my bangs, she trimed it too much and now its TOO short! do you know how long it will take for hair to grow about half an inch?? THANKS! Smile

Hey girl! Everyone's hair grows differently, so I'm not sure how long it will take you.  Sorry! I promise, after a week, you'll get used to the bangs the way they are. xoxo

Kate G.

by sugar7410 on 8/13/2012 11:07:54 AM

Thanks GL! Really good idea, ill have to try it outSmile

by Aquamintsgirl on 8/13/2012 3:23:31 AM

i found a amazing dry conditioner at just 3 dollars at walmart its suave proffesionals dry conditioner

by imacuttie123 on 8/11/2012 10:34:26 AM

I got dry shampoo but after reading the ingredients in it (and knowing what they are), you realize how damaging it is to the ozone layer and air. It's jsut chemicals. Opt for naturals (actual) shampoos an conditioners. It doesn't take that long to jump in the shower and rinse

by cookiemonstah123 on 8/11/2012 3:54:16 AM

I would love to try this! I thought dry shampoo was such a good idea

by ToxicCrayon on 8/10/2012 11:06:26 PM

Mod mod mod,
I really think you guys should make an article on making the perfect top bun. If you do have that article, please give me the link. Smile thanks.

Hey girl,

Meghan D.

by starry~16 on 8/10/2012 11:00:57 PM

Wow, that's awesome! And it's only $4! Total win.Smile

by cheetah#1 on 8/10/2012 9:34:37 PM

Oh, Boy!
**LAST POSITION APPLYING NOW**
application on my profile

by camigal on 8/10/2012 4:26:08 PM

The Pretty Committee<333
join now for a spot as massie, alicia, or claire!

by camigal on 8/10/2012 4:25:29 PM

I have heriditary under eye circles so theres
nothing i can do about them. How do i cover
them up and what brands of concealer do i use?

Hey girl!

You're just going to have to test out some different brands and shades to figure out which one you like best. If you go to a store like Ulta or Sephora, they can test them on you or give suggestions.

Rachael A.

by kittykove2 on 8/10/2012 3:14:54 PM

how can i get stronger nails???

Hey girl!

Sally Hansen has a bunch of products that are meant to strengthen your nails. Try Nail Growth Miracle Salon Strength Treatment. It strengthens and lengthens your nails. You should also eat lots of fruits and vegetables!

Rachael A.

by kittykove2 on 8/10/2012 2:53:01 PM

Mod?
My hair was thin, when it was, it was easier to comb and very light, so now my hair became a normal thickness but not too thick. It's still thin a bit but I want it to be fully thick, not just little bit, is there anything I can do to make my hair thicker??

Hey girl!

There are tons of volumizing hair products on the market. Try John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Mousse, which you can buy at any grocery store or drug store. It's not a permanent way to make your hair thicker, but it helps each time you style your wet hair.

Rachael A.

by Susmita24 on 8/10/2012 2:16:31 PM

What are some cool BTS trends this fall?

Hey girl!

Here's some BTS trends: printed or colored denim, leather, blazers, leopard print shoes, wedge sneakers, and plaid (shirts, skirts, etc.) Hope this helps!

Rachael A.

by Lovekatniss23 on 8/10/2012 2:11:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
ok school starts on Aug.20 and i was asked if i wanted to got braids i said no bc i will hav 2 get weave or fake hair which wil make my ends look ragety should i still consider braids plus i am going to middle school so i dont want beads

Hey girl!

I totally get why you don't want beads in middle school; you want a little more of a grown up look. It sounds like you're a little skeptical of getting braids since you have to get a weave or fake hair. If you really don't want to do that, then you shouldn't! You want a style that's comfortable and makes you feel confident. Try and think of some other styles or ask a hair stylist to suggest some other options.

Rachael A.

by lexigirl1 on 8/10/2012 2:02:46 PM

how can u make a dress less girly and more edgy?

Hey girl!

It's all about accessories! You could pair a girly dress with tough boots to give it instant edge. Jewelry like chain necklaces or a spiky bracelet would be perfect too.

Rachael A.

by smileygirl555 on 8/10/2012 1:14:37 PM

MOD! I've been told brushing with baking soda whitens your teeth, but what does that mean? Mixing your toothpaste with baking soda? Or just putting some on your toothbrush and brushing?

Hey girlie! Instead of brushing your teeth with toothpaste, get your toothbrush wet and dip it in baking soda.  Then brush your teeth like you normally do.  Rinse with mouthwash and floss! xoxo

Kate G.

by rocketqueenxo on 8/10/2012 11:35:13 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Hey, for my birthday from my sister I got a $30 Sephora gift card. What kind of things should I look for?

Hey girlie! Head to the website and take a look- they've got just about everything beauty related you might want.  You might want to try a new lipstick or cool new eyeliner color for BTS! xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/10/2012 11:18:24 AM

YESSSS awesome i need this

by bunnehz on 8/10/2012 11:12:35 AM

Hey everyone!! plz check out my club: Like a Blank canvas... Its meant for writers and poets, or readers!! you can find it on my profile. Posistions are also available.

by High Tops FTW on 8/10/2012 10:56:37 AM

Mod mod mod!
I donnt know what to do with my ugly hair for the first day of school. My hair is very this and blonde. Please help! Btw.... It doesnt look good when it is up in a bun. Frown thanks though!!!!!

Hey girl! I love trying braids.  They are super fun, they stay all day (even in gym class) and they look great with thin hair! xoxo

Kate G.

by Sunny4132 on 8/10/2012 10:43:50 AM

LOOKS AH-MAZING! NEED IT SOOO BAD!

by MarisaMermaid99 on 8/10/2012 10:31:43 AM