9 HOURS AGO Are you the go-to girl?! http://t.co/VoA0l7HrFc

13 HOURS AGO Are you always offering guidance to your girlfriends? Become an Advice Queen on http://t.co/3vCDbrIax8: http://t.co/HLoaQgowdL

14 HOURS AGO Look drop dead gorgeous with #sugarskull makeup tutorial (oh yeah, pun intended): http://t.co/KI3IBvDj5q

COMMENTS

Help! I'm secretly dating a guy behind my mom's back

My mom said I could start dating at age 16. I'm 15. This really nice guy asked me out and I said yes. I couldn't...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Can you be too close to your mom? I mean, I'm extremely close to both of my parents, but one of the most influential preson in a kid's life is the same-sex parent and that is WAAAY true with my mom. I was diagnosed with cancer about 5 weeks ago and I can't go to school. I was in the hospital for a week and my mom was there with me the entire time. I stay at home every day. I have to go to the hospital about every 3 weeks for treatment. Every time I've had an appointment or any treatment my mom comes. We started spending nearly every moment together. I've always been close together and we hung out just us a lot, but now it's grown even more. I'm afraid that I'm getting so close, that it's emotionally unhealthy. When she goes to work I miss her. Like right now I feel really lonely. When my dad and bro are home I'm better but I still feel alone if she's not here. Is this healthy?

That's what moms are for! They are there to support you and be with you every step of the way. It's normal to be attached to your mom and in your situation, it is beyond normal. Continue to stay close to your mom, there is nothing wrong with that!
mailyse f.

by snickie on 10/26/2012 3:23:04 PM

Hey chica,
15 isn't that far away from 16, so it won't be totally awful when u chat with ur mom. Just tell her the truth. If she still is set on u dating when ur 16, obey her. U dont wanna disobey her again. That can teach her NOT to trust u. Hope that helpsSmile

by expressyourself on 10/23/2012 11:18:17 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD.
HELP! My boyfriend came over last night and we started kissing and things got intense before we did anything we shouldn't have i told him to leave. Well when i went to bed last night i was seeing his face everywhere and I'd wake up every 10 minues thinking of him. What's wrong with me?! Like my Dad said goodmorning to me and I saw my bf's face instead of my own fathers!! What's going on?!

Hey girl! Seems like you've got a bad case of puppy love! You must really like this guy, don't worry, eventually you won't be seeing his face EVERYWHERE. xoxo

Kate G.

by ashie39 on 8/28/2012 9:17:26 AM

HELP!!! i really like a 16 year old and hes so cute! he can dirve he even drove home the other day! & he likes me too but the problem is that i'm only 13 Frown what do i do?

Hey girl! Try finding a dude closer to your age- it can seem cool to date a guy 3 years older, but he might be looking for things you aren't in a relationship.  If you really like him, check with your parents to see how THEY feel about you guys dating- they might want to get to know him better, first! xoxo

Kate G.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 2:39:54 PM

Hey ladyinlike, I think it's best to be honest here. Let him know you don't date younger guys. I was in this same situation girly. There was this cute guy interested in me but he was like 5 years younger! I broke it to him nicely that I felt I was too old for him. Although he tried to get me to change my mind at first, he understood where I came from and everything was cool. So gently tell him you like boys your own age but suggest still remaining friends. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MODMODMODMOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So I'm 15 and I've been talking to a guy I recently found out was 12. I have since then started to be wierded out talking to him but he's messaging me a lot and I dojnt want to start ignoring him but I don't want to be talking to him constantly. How do I get him off my back???HELP!!!!! Lynae P.

by ladyinlike on 8/18/2012 10:56:28 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!!
I NEED MAJOR HELP! ok, so i met this kid in math class that i really liked. and we texted and stuff all the time during the summer and it was great but then we went to this camp together and he was super embarassing and kept asking me out for lunch and i said no and so i stopped texting him and he eventually stopped talking to me and such and i felt kind of bad. i texted him occationally after the camp but he didn't reply but a few minutes ago he called and we talked like nothing ever happened. should i give it another go, or ditch him? thanks!

Hey girl,

If you want to give your friendship another try, that's up to you, but make sure you're honest with him about wanting to be only friends so that he doesn't get hurt again!

Meghan D.

by HannahJL on 8/17/2012 11:51:01 PM

Yeah, I like this person's advice. Tell your mom whatever you do. My dating line is sixteen for both my parents and me. ;)

by Gabriella123 on 8/16/2012 11:06:26 AM

mod mod mod mod mod mod
I love kissing my boyfriend but he has really bad breath a lot which turns me off (obviously) I really wanna kiss him but its so bad! I dont want to tell him and be mean! what do i do!?

Hey girlie! A little bit before you kiss him, pop a mint yourself and offer him one . People usually take mints when they are offered, so your boyfriend's breath will be minty fresh! xoxo

Kate G.

by gleek97 on 8/16/2012 2:55:42 AM

Boy Problems ASAP
Ever need someone 2 talk 2 but, your to afraid 2 ask your parents. It's OK just talk to me and I'll help you out ASAP!Please feel free 2 ask questions.Oh and remember the more people the BETTER!Ages 10-17

by AarynJ on 8/15/2012 10:11:39 PM

it gets really anoyying when my friend keeps telling
me what to do and whatever i tell them to stop they wont.

Hey girl--

Bossy friends can be annoying. Firmly tell her that you have your own opinion and preferences. If she won't quit it, spend more time with other friends.

good luck!