AN HOUR AGO Fab up your life with the best beach bags on the block: http://t.co/YDS5Ulj8ik

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! Style up with a @joseeberhair flat iron: http://t.co/yUCoG5ztrA

3 HOURS AGO No time to tame your mane? Just bun it: http://t.co/p8ajs5UPn7

COMMENTS

Parents want me to be Little Miss Perfect--like my sis

My older sister is a goody-goody and gets great grades. She is also great at sports. She doesn't care about boys, makeup and teenager things...

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! Ok so I did swim team when I was in 4th grade and now I am in 7th. I absolutely HATED it. Here's the catch I was fantastic at it. I earned 6 first place medals and it was only my first year if swim. Today I am a straight A student and my older sister is a soccer star. Basically what I getting at is I want to be an athlete these days. Like the olden days 😩😩 My sister is going to this prep school because of her soccer and I'm kind of thinking to do that with swim PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!!! Frown Frown Frown Frown

Hey girlie, get back into swimming. Ask your mom if you can start going to an indoor pool or join a winter swim team to get some practice before summer swim season starts.

Lauren T.

by Marylofal16 on 1/16/2013 8:46:44 PM

Mod!
I've tried that once but it just made them mad!

Hey girl,

Try talking to a guidance counselor or other family member about the best way to bring things up with your parents. They might get frustrated, but they love you and don't want to hurt you!

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/9/2012 12:14:15 AM

Mod!
This is how my dad wants me to be! I dont wanna be and do wanna be! It is confusing I know! My friends have FaceBook and I don't and I want one but my dad always says no! And I can never let me do anywhere and I don't have a cell phone yet! We also move a lot and I miss my old friends! But, point is how can I be miss perfect if perfect is always changing around me!?!? Plz help!

Hey girl,

There are a lot of issues (including legality) with young people on Facebook, so it's understandable that your parents want you to wait a little longer. It will still be there when you're old enough to have one, so enjoy spending time with your friends in person for now! (The same goes for having a cell phone!). If your parents are making you feel down, talk to them honestly about how you feel. They might not realize how they're coming across, and if you don't bring it up, they won't realize that what they're doing is hurting you! It's best to just talk it out with them. Tell them what's confusing you and what you want, and you can come to an understanding and hopefully a compromise.

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/9/2012 12:05:36 AM

My parents want me to be Miss Perfect, in everything I do, that includes dance, theatre, school, and being a big sister. How can I be perfect when noboy's around to support me?

by jwpixie on 8/23/2012 5:48:22 PM

mod
dear girls life
i have really embarrassing arm hair on my forearms. i want to shave it but i heard it grows back thicker than before. I want to wax it but my mom wont let me.I want people to stop calling me names like monkey. Any advice?
I LOVE GL

Hey sweets! So happy to hear how much you love GL! As for your hair, It's very normal for girls to have hair on your forearms so don't be too worried. Shaving your arm hair works for some people, but overall I wouldn't suggest it. Like you mentioned, it can come back much worse than it started. I would talk to your mom about other ways to get rid of it or maybe even look in to creams that lighten it up. I would definitely make an effort to talk to your mom about this and express your concern! Anything you're feeling insecure about it is good ito talk to mom about! Make sure you tell her that people call you names because of it and you are really upset about it! xoxo

Carly S.

by hockeygirl620 on 8/23/2012 4:15:28 PM

My room is sorta clean. I try to keep clean but sometimes it can get a little messy. I guess that is life. But I am sorta OCD on how my books and paper looks around my room

by lei.lei13 on 8/22/2012 7:07:11 PM

I want to move to Ohio to be with my boyfriend, he's 11. I'm 10. My mom said she'll consider it and i'm pretty excited! What kind of exciting things are there to do in Ohio?

Hey gal pal,

Ohio is just as great as any other state for girls of your age, lots of cows too, I hear.
Jordan S.

by crazy4catzz on 8/22/2012 6:45:55 PM

thankx thats so much help Smile

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 3:56:34 PM

Hey chica! I can totally relate! My mom and I end up fighting all the time, but recently we've been getting along better. Even though sometimes it sucks to say your wrong or agree with your mom when you don't like what she's saying, if you occasionally let her have her way it's a lot easier to avoid the fights. Try to compromise as often as possible. When your mom says asks something of you, but you wanted to do something else instead say "sure mom, but would you mind if I did....after?"  Hope this helps! xoxo

Carly S.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 3:31:51 PM

my mom and i always bump heads all the time. shes not the typical mom she can't keep calm and can't let a conversation go without putting in the last word and getting her way and sh yells a lot!!! Witch is hard for me to keep calm whene she's screaming and yelling about something! how do i keep on my moms good side and get her to stop yelling!!!! PLZ BEFORE I GO DEAF!!!! Carly S.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 3:18:02 PM