AN HOUR AGO How to kick that your horrible nail biting habit for good: http://t.co/JqjwhgZWxM

2 HOURS AGO So you wanna start shaving? Here's how to talk to your 'rents about it: http://t.co/87ujES5HS2

3 HOURS AGO Sleep easy: 5 tips to kick your night owl habits for good: http://t.co/xh0ax2dZEE

COMMENTS

Parents want me to be Little Miss Perfect--like my sis

My older sister is a goody-goody and gets great grades. She is also great at sports. She doesn't care about boys, makeup and teenager things...

My fathers a total neat freak and until he knows I can keep my room spotless I need help

by Bg66 on 8/20/2012 9:39:59 PM

My parents say if my room isn't perfectly clean I can't have any sleep I think it's unfair cause I can't keep it perfectly clean unlease I don't touch any thing

by Bg66 on 8/20/2012 9:16:06 PM

MOD!
I won't be able to make any friends this year unless you guys help me! I can be a bit hyper, which makes people hate me, but I don't want to change that! How can I get people t stop turning me down?

hey! You're right, you shouldn't have to change to get people to like you, but if you're struggling to keep friends maybe you should try asking yourself what exactly about your hyper-ness drives them away? if it's a tendency to talk too much try listening for a day, if you become overly physical with people try keeping that in check and see if anything changes. You don't have to pretend you're someone you're not, just keep in mind that you can always learn from different kinds of social interactions. once you have a group of friends that's close, they're likely to be more forgiving of some over the top hyper-ness every once in a while Smile

Helen S.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/20/2012 5:06:54 PM

how can i lose weight quick and easy?

by animal lover 2012 on 8/15/2012 7:56:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My family is always calling me "emo" and I'm not. They know it bugs me, but they still keep doing it. Especially my cousin and mom. I just say, "please don't label me, I don't like it," and walk away, but I am very sensitive to that. Is there anything I can do to make them stop? Thank you

Hey girlie, have ya tried talking to your mom about it in private? Sometime when it's just the two of you, explain to her calmly that it hurts your feelings when she calls you "emo." If she realizes that you're serious, she should stop. And same goes for your cousin, although if he or she is younger, it might be a li'l more difficult to get 'em to stop. If that's the case, you might just have to shrug it off 'til they grow up a bit.
Carrie R.

by mermaidrainbow049 on 8/15/2012 1:50:35 PM

Sometimes it's hard to be the "perfect" older sister, too. My little sister constantly calls me perfect and it makes me want to fail just for her. . .

by Doodle600 on 8/14/2012 9:35:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm wanting to move. I just feel like moving is the best thing. I don't want my family to move because they love where we live. I feel so bad. Help!!!

Hey babe, I'm not sure what it is that's got you wanting a change so badly, but maybe you can make a change in another part of your life instead of moving where you live. Could you try joining a new club or activity? Maybe you just need to meet some new people and make some new friends. Talk to one of your 'rents or someone you trust about whatever's bugging you. 'Cause they might be able to help you come up with a solution that'll last ya 'til you're old enough to move out on your own.
Carrie R.

by paramorefan123 on 8/14/2012 6:22:58 AM

That's how it is with me and my sister,, but I'm older, and she's the goody-goody..

by Goldfish123 on 8/14/2012 2:03:52 AM

My sister alkways comes home bragging about her "A+" and my mom always aks where are mine, Im not smart like her or talened like her but my entire family always compaes me to he.
-Help!!!

by hopie1215 on 8/13/2012 11:48:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD my mom is so nosy. when I go out or to school she goes in my room to "clean" (even when I tell her not to). I know she is snooping because she just makes a bigger mess and she never goes in my younger brother's room. Today she waited until I was in the shower to take all of my boxes, dump everything in them on the ground and dig through them. I have no privacy in my own house. I cant even take a shower without someone going in my room. I dont have anything to hide. im 16. Im more of a goody goody than anything.I dont drink, smoke, do drugs, Im a virgin (and I plan on staying one for quite awhile). She doesnt understand Im so much better behaved than most people my age and a lot. Im smart so im not going to do anything stupid. I dont really tell my mom much anymore because If i say one thing she will constantly pry for more. Now i can leave my house without worrying that she will snoop. I dont trust her. What should I do? Thanks! Smile

hey! That's rough. all you can do is politely ask her to stop. it's really unfair because, since she's the parent she might listen to you and she might not but you still have to live with it. You sound like a good kid, and I know how you feel. My parents used to rag on my lowest grade, even if it was a B, and I was like, "Don't you understand that most kids make way worse grades?" But that's just what parents do, they want the best for us so the do irrational things sometimes. I really hope she listens to you. good luck girl!

Helen S.