5 HOURS AGO Hey fit chicks, say hello to your new favorite workout: http://t.co/GZ50ygVlNX

8 HOURS AGO Which character from @thegivermovie are you? Take the quiz and find out: http://t.co/V1rdFyMROQ

9 HOURS AGO The thigh gap thing has gone far enough #BodyPeace: http://t.co/9KEmVRd8uf

COMMENTS

Parents want me to be Little Miss Perfect--like my sis

My older sister is a goody-goody and gets great grades. She is also great at sports. She doesn't care about boys, makeup and teenager things...

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!! Ok so I did swim team when I was in 4th grade and now I am in 7th. I absolutely HATED it. Here's the catch I was fantastic at it. I earned 6 first place medals and it was only my first year if swim. Today I am a straight A student and my older sister is a soccer star. Basically what I getting at is I want to be an athlete these days. Like the olden days 😩😩 My sister is going to this prep school because of her soccer and I'm kind of thinking to do that with swim PLEASE HELP ME ASAP!!!!! Frown Frown Frown Frown

Hey girlie, get back into swimming. Ask your mom if you can start going to an indoor pool or join a winter swim team to get some practice before summer swim season starts.

Lauren T.

by Marylofal16 on 1/16/2013 8:46:44 PM

Mod!
I've tried that once but it just made them mad!

Hey girl,

Try talking to a guidance counselor or other family member about the best way to bring things up with your parents. They might get frustrated, but they love you and don't want to hurt you!

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/9/2012 12:14:15 AM

Mod!
This is how my dad wants me to be! I dont wanna be and do wanna be! It is confusing I know! My friends have FaceBook and I don't and I want one but my dad always says no! And I can never let me do anywhere and I don't have a cell phone yet! We also move a lot and I miss my old friends! But, point is how can I be miss perfect if perfect is always changing around me!?!? Plz help!

Hey girl,

There are a lot of issues (including legality) with young people on Facebook, so it's understandable that your parents want you to wait a little longer. It will still be there when you're old enough to have one, so enjoy spending time with your friends in person for now! (The same goes for having a cell phone!). If your parents are making you feel down, talk to them honestly about how you feel. They might not realize how they're coming across, and if you don't bring it up, they won't realize that what they're doing is hurting you! It's best to just talk it out with them. Tell them what's confusing you and what you want, and you can come to an understanding and hopefully a compromise.

Meghan D.

by Imdoodlebug on 9/9/2012 12:05:36 AM

My parents want me to be Miss Perfect, in everything I do, that includes dance, theatre, school, and being a big sister. How can I be perfect when noboy's around to support me?

by jwpixie on 8/23/2012 5:48:22 PM

mod
dear girls life
i have really embarrassing arm hair on my forearms. i want to shave it but i heard it grows back thicker than before. I want to wax it but my mom wont let me.I want people to stop calling me names like monkey. Any advice?
I LOVE GL

Hey sweets! So happy to hear how much you love GL! As for your hair, It's very normal for girls to have hair on your forearms so don't be too worried. Shaving your arm hair works for some people, but overall I wouldn't suggest it. Like you mentioned, it can come back much worse than it started. I would talk to your mom about other ways to get rid of it or maybe even look in to creams that lighten it up. I would definitely make an effort to talk to your mom about this and express your concern! Anything you're feeling insecure about it is good ito talk to mom about! Make sure you tell her that people call you names because of it and you are really upset about it! xoxo

Carly S.

by hockeygirl620 on 8/23/2012 4:15:28 PM

My room is sorta clean. I try to keep clean but sometimes it can get a little messy. I guess that is life. But I am sorta OCD on how my books and paper looks around my room

by lei.lei13 on 8/22/2012 7:07:11 PM

I want to move to Ohio to be with my boyfriend, he's 11. I'm 10. My mom said she'll consider it and i'm pretty excited! What kind of exciting things are there to do in Ohio?

Hey gal pal,

Ohio is just as great as any other state for girls of your age, lots of cows too, I hear.
Jordan S.

by crazy4catzz on 8/22/2012 6:45:55 PM

thankx thats so much help Smile

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 3:56:34 PM

Hey chica! I can totally relate! My mom and I end up fighting all the time, but recently we've been getting along better. Even though sometimes it sucks to say your wrong or agree with your mom when you don't like what she's saying, if you occasionally let her have her way it's a lot easier to avoid the fights. Try to compromise as often as possible. When your mom says asks something of you, but you wanted to do something else instead say "sure mom, but would you mind if I did....after?"  Hope this helps! xoxo

Carly S.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 3:31:51 PM

my mom and i always bump heads all the time. shes not the typical mom she can't keep calm and can't let a conversation go without putting in the last word and getting her way and sh yells a lot!!! Witch is hard for me to keep calm whene she's screaming and yelling about something! how do i keep on my moms good side and get her to stop yelling!!!! PLZ BEFORE I GO DEAF!!!! Carly S.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 3:18:02 PM

My fathers a total neat freak and until he knows I can keep my room spotless I need help

by Bg66 on 8/20/2012 9:39:59 PM

My parents say if my room isn't perfectly clean I can't have any sleep I think it's unfair cause I can't keep it perfectly clean unlease I don't touch any thing

by Bg66 on 8/20/2012 9:16:06 PM

MOD!
I won't be able to make any friends this year unless you guys help me! I can be a bit hyper, which makes people hate me, but I don't want to change that! How can I get people t stop turning me down?

hey! You're right, you shouldn't have to change to get people to like you, but if you're struggling to keep friends maybe you should try asking yourself what exactly about your hyper-ness drives them away? if it's a tendency to talk too much try listening for a day, if you become overly physical with people try keeping that in check and see if anything changes. You don't have to pretend you're someone you're not, just keep in mind that you can always learn from different kinds of social interactions. once you have a group of friends that's close, they're likely to be more forgiving of some over the top hyper-ness every once in a while Smile

Helen S.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/20/2012 5:06:54 PM

how can i lose weight quick and easy?

by animal lover 2012 on 8/15/2012 7:56:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
My family is always calling me "emo" and I'm not. They know it bugs me, but they still keep doing it. Especially my cousin and mom. I just say, "please don't label me, I don't like it," and walk away, but I am very sensitive to that. Is there anything I can do to make them stop? Thank you

Hey girlie, have ya tried talking to your mom about it in private? Sometime when it's just the two of you, explain to her calmly that it hurts your feelings when she calls you "emo." If she realizes that you're serious, she should stop. And same goes for your cousin, although if he or she is younger, it might be a li'l more difficult to get 'em to stop. If that's the case, you might just have to shrug it off 'til they grow up a bit.
Carrie R.

by mermaidrainbow049 on 8/15/2012 1:50:35 PM

Sometimes it's hard to be the "perfect" older sister, too. My little sister constantly calls me perfect and it makes me want to fail just for her. . .

by Doodle600 on 8/14/2012 9:35:36 PM

MOD MOD MOD I'm wanting to move. I just feel like moving is the best thing. I don't want my family to move because they love where we live. I feel so bad. Help!!!

Hey babe, I'm not sure what it is that's got you wanting a change so badly, but maybe you can make a change in another part of your life instead of moving where you live. Could you try joining a new club or activity? Maybe you just need to meet some new people and make some new friends. Talk to one of your 'rents or someone you trust about whatever's bugging you. 'Cause they might be able to help you come up with a solution that'll last ya 'til you're old enough to move out on your own.
Carrie R.

by paramorefan123 on 8/14/2012 6:22:58 AM

That's how it is with me and my sister,, but I'm older, and she's the goody-goody..

by Goldfish123 on 8/14/2012 2:03:52 AM

My sister alkways comes home bragging about her "A+" and my mom always aks where are mine, Im not smart like her or talened like her but my entire family always compaes me to he.
-Help!!!

by hopie1215 on 8/13/2012 11:48:40 PM

MOD MOD MOD my mom is so nosy. when I go out or to school she goes in my room to "clean" (even when I tell her not to). I know she is snooping because she just makes a bigger mess and she never goes in my younger brother's room. Today she waited until I was in the shower to take all of my boxes, dump everything in them on the ground and dig through them. I have no privacy in my own house. I cant even take a shower without someone going in my room. I dont have anything to hide. im 16. Im more of a goody goody than anything.I dont drink, smoke, do drugs, Im a virgin (and I plan on staying one for quite awhile). She doesnt understand Im so much better behaved than most people my age and a lot. Im smart so im not going to do anything stupid. I dont really tell my mom much anymore because If i say one thing she will constantly pry for more. Now i can leave my house without worrying that she will snoop. I dont trust her. What should I do? Thanks! Smile

hey! That's rough. all you can do is politely ask her to stop. it's really unfair because, since she's the parent she might listen to you and she might not but you still have to live with it. You sound like a good kid, and I know how you feel. My parents used to rag on my lowest grade, even if it was a B, and I was like, "Don't you understand that most kids make way worse grades?" But that's just what parents do, they want the best for us so the do irrational things sometimes. I really hope she listens to you. good luck girl!

Helen S.

by rockerchick411 on 8/13/2012 5:26:40 PM

It seems like all my friends have talents except for me! One of my friends is good a origami and Another can sing & Dance but I can't do anything. I really need advice!
-Talentless

Hey girl! You totally AREN'T talentless, you just haven't found something you're passionate about yet.  Try picking up a few hobbies (like knitting or guitar) and see what you love! xoxo

Kate G.

by butterfly9898 on 8/13/2012 4:31:16 PM

Hey girls!
Need advice?! My profiles just a click away and I can help you with anything ASAP ;)
xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 8/13/2012 4:21:42 PM

I made a bet with my mom that if I could read 10 books while I'm visiting my Dad for the summer, she'd get me something. I narrowed what I want down to an iPod touch, a smart phone, or a laptop. I would really like a smart phone, but she said that they are too expensive on the bill every month! All my family members that live in that one household have one except for me and my little brother. So since she said no, I asked for an iPod. But I still want a smart phone. I promised I would take care of it and buy a case myself. What should I do? Stick with an iPod or beg for a smart phone?

Hey girl! The thing about smart phones is that they cost a certain amount every month, while things like iPods you only pay for once (and every time you get an app that costs money).  Your mom might be willing to get you one when you're a little older, but for now, most iPod touches have awesome apps that are as good as a smart phone, so I would say stick with that until you're a little older and your mom is okay paying a monthly bill for a smartphone. xoxo

Kate G.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/13/2012 2:48:12 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!
Please HELP!! I clean my room 5 minutes every day,so my stuff in the room is clean,but i share the room with my little brother, whos 7 and a complete mess-maker! hes supposed to do the same thing,clean for 5 minutes before bed every day, but he never does. my mom says that i dont need to TOUCH his stuff, that he can do it himself, but if i dont help him he starts whinging and saying that there is to much mess to clean by himself. the thing is, he makes all the mess!so i end up doing it , or having a messy room and getting in trouble. we do before BTS room cleaning, and i did my part yesterday,and shoved most of his stuff on his bed so that he HAD to do it or he couldnt sleep and told him that i wouldnt let him sleep with me on my bed that night(which he does sometimes),so he did that,but he stuffed all the clothes on his dresser(ive got the closet) and it was already overflowing with unfolded clothes! Im a neat freak so i cant stand it!how do i get him to do his part?

Hey chica! If you get in trouble for a messy room when all of your stuff is put away, calmly tell your parents (don't yell or whine) that your brother doesn't do his part.  Unfortunately, some people aren't as concerned with cleanliness as others, so you'll have to deal with a messy brother.  Your mom is right, you don't need to help your brother, if he whines, then you can leave the room for a few minutes.  Hopefully, he'll just suck it up and start cleaning soon, but if he doesn't, tell your parents how much it bothers you and they may be able to help. xoxo

Kate G.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 8/13/2012 2:25:21 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
hey. im mad that my mom reads all of my mail, before i even see it. she doesnt ever give me privicy and i am not alllowed to have fb or an ipod or a nook or a cell phone or anything. she even reads my emails... AND she she is probobly going to read this! HELP im worried..

Hey girlie! Depending on how old you are, your mom has every right to be reading your stuff.  Even when I was a junior in high school, my mom had my password to my Facebook so she could check it out if she wanted.  She just wants to make sure you're being safe, which is what every mom wants.  Talk to your mom about what she's worried about.  She might be willing to give you a little bit of privacy if you ask nicely.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Sunny4132 on 8/13/2012 12:09:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
hey ummm,,, im kinda nervous because there is a website that has a TON of people's addresses and phone numbers and age and pictures and stuff like that. it scares me! what can i do ? because i cant change it, and i dont like it there! please help! thanks in advance!

Hey girl! Are you on that website? If so, talk to your parents and see if they can contact the website to take it down.  They shouldn't have your information unless you gave them permission, so you should be able to take down the info if you don't want it there. xoxo

Kate G.

by Sunny4132 on 8/13/2012 12:06:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
All my friends call me a goody goody because I never want to get in trouble, I know it's sort of a good thing but I can't help feeling like the odd one out not that my friends are like "rebellious" or anything but they take more risks then I do!

Hey girlie! It's good to take risks, but it's also good to not get into trouble.  Try taking little risks with your friends, things that won't get you into big trouble but that you wouldn't normally do to push your comfort zone.  xoxo

Kate G.

by snagmonkey on 8/13/2012 11:19:21 AM

theres this girl i don't like her at all she scares me! shes a bad influence all she talks about is sex and condomes and boys. she keeps on calling me i don't answer the phone that much but when i do i think of an excuse to hang up.when she comes over to hang out with my friends and i she kickes us and once punched my friend's little sister in the stomach we told on her once and when we did the teacher called us tattletales , so my question is how do i tell her i don't want to be her friend without hurting her feelings and more inportantly , that she doesn't hurt anyone.

by animal lover 2012 on 8/13/2012 9:06:46 AM

Mod Mod Mod!!!!!!
I'm obseesed with the idea of going to boarding school next year. Ive found some that I love, but they're really expensive even with financial aid. My family isnt exactly poor, but we dont have much money. I want to go so badly. I cant go to summer camp because we dont have the money for that either. Going to a realitives house would be useless because all my relatives live close. I want boarding school so badly, i cant get it out of my head. How do i approach the topic with my parents and how do i get them to agree to sending me?

Hey girl! Boarding schools can be cool, but you're right- they tend to be really expensive.  Changing schools really isn't a choice you can make yourself, so you have to be okay with a no if you get it.  Talk to your parents about changing schools and see how they feel.  They want you to be happy, but if it's a sacrifice the family can't make, then you'll have to make due with the school you have. xoxo

Kate G.

by PandaLover0330 on 8/13/2012 8:49:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!
My younger sister is the complete opposite of me. I'm your typical teenager. I had to grow up pretty fast and take on responsibilities that most kids don't ever have to deal with when I was nine because my dad was killed in a motorcycle accident. I was sort of thrust into teenager-hood, and I've been this way since then. My sister, on the other hand, has tried to remain as child-like as possible. Honestly, she's twelve and she has the maturity level of an eight year old. I'm not saying she can't be mature when she wants to, but it's like life is just a little game to her, and it annoys me because I can't hardly talk to her without wanting to rip her head off for not acting her age. What should I do, and is it me who has the problem? I love my sis, but sometimes I just wish she'd grow up.

Hey girl! Tragedies like the one you guys went through hit everyone in different ways.  You had to grow up, but your sis didn't have to, so choosing to stay immature is her choice.  I understand it can be frustrating, but you'll have to let her deal with things on her own.  If you're really worried, talk to your mom about it and see if she can talk to your sister. Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by whycantibeaninjaturtletoo on 8/13/2012 1:03:53 AM

Hey, guess what? The girls in my school want me to be the exact opposite of that! But that will never happen!

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/12/2012 9:17:14 PM

Is it bad that I'm the youngest(my brother is ten years older than me and I'm almost 15 so I'm practically an only child now) and I feel like I get WAY too much attention? I love my parents and I know they love me it's just...kind of a lot of...pressure... I think they realize me and my bro aren't little kids anymore. Just curious... lol

by Acutiebookworm on 8/12/2012 4:12:17 AM

hey check out my profile and comment if u like

by auslly123 on 8/12/2012 12:05:22 AM

************WOW!**************
Guy advice, unlimited tips, tonsa talk.. AND
A Custom Officer position?

its true. club Oh, Boy! on my profile

cant wait to talk to you there!
xoxo cami

by camigal on 8/11/2012 11:44:59 PM

I wouldn't be able to do that, I can't accept that I can't like girls my mom would never let that... I'm attracted to boys to please help me not like girls please!

by Rainbows_rawr on 8/11/2012 5:05:36 PM

by Rainbows_rawr on 8/11/2012 5:05:25 PM

by Rainbows_rawr on 8/11/2012 5:05:16 PM

Hey Rainbows_rawr, first calm down. It is good that you are aware and addressing your feelings. There is nothing wrong with liking girls. If you are genuinely attracted to females then you have to accept that. Give yourself a break from the computer and your friends and take some time for yourself. Think about the way you really truly feel. You will be okay girl. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!
I think I'm a lesbian!
I see girls and then I drool. There is this virtual world and I'm part of it, and you know it's a kid thing. Girls say "say 123 to date me lesbians please." and I'm always tempted to say "123" and you know we date on the virtual world. When I was little this girl use to touch me you in the front triangle and back cheeks. After a while I started liking it and we starting touching each other, we use to kiss. I told my mom about it because I knew it was wrong. But when we stopped, I started watching videos on youtube of girls kissing and everything. Since then I start masturbating and touching myself. I feel so ashamed of myself. I don't want to be a lesbian I only want to like boys, I don' want to masturbate or touch myself anymore! PLEASE HELP ME! Lynae P.

by Rainbows_rawr on 8/11/2012 4:55:22 PM

DON'T MISS THIS!
Hey girls! Need an awesome profile or club icon? Then come to me! Just post on my profile what you're looking for, then once I find one, I'll post the link on your profile (or on my profile in-case yours isn't visible). Ask away! xx, Ann

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/11/2012 3:09:13 PM

If you need advice or just want to talk about what's going in your life then join Live Your Life! Here we give advice on anything, fashion, school, growing up,and much more!!! Smile Even if you just want to talk you can join! We'll be there to listen! It's also a great place for you to make friends! There is ONE position open!!! Hope you join! ♥♥♥

by PeaceKool on 8/11/2012 12:48:03 PM

The girl's hair in the picture is so pretty. I love it! And I agree with everyone else who said they liked her hair.

by PeaceKool on 8/11/2012 12:47:38 PM

MOD MOD MOD I start high school on Monday at a brand new school in a new state.. I met an 11th grader, who just like me, just moved here and is just as nervous as I am. I didn't catch his name when I talked to him, but he's like, hollister model cute. How do I get him to talk to me before another girl snatches him up? I definitely know he's interested in me, but i'm scared that's not going to last for long. Please help!

Hey again, chica! I'd make plans to hang out with him sometime. Talk to him the next time you see him, and see if he wants to grab coffee or study together one night. It's scary, but you have to take charge and let him know that you're interested too Smile

xxx

Becca G.

by itsgraysonh03 on 8/11/2012 4:37:38 AM

I feel like my parents might sometimes do thismto my brother, as i get better grades then him and behave better, but i really hope they dont. Cuz my bro is awesome just the way he is!

by LilyLookALike on 8/10/2012 10:38:21 PM

i love her hair <3

by lolawood1 on 8/10/2012 9:51:56 PM

Feel like everyone wants you to be this or that or your friends get mad at you if you make a mistake. Need help on guys and how to get your crush to notice you, you can come to us and we will help you get through it. http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=6486

by icecream8975 on 8/10/2012 9:09:08 PM

girl i'm right with you i live with my grandma and she wants me to be like her who loves cleaning it's so not fair!!

by saphiresyphira on 8/10/2012 8:35:23 PM

Mod mod mod---!!!!!!
Hey. I dont have very much money, and a very little budget. I really need new clothes and need to buy stuff to get fit before the new school year. Wht exercize tool shuld i buy thats under $20 that will help me alot? Thank u soooo much! Xoxo

Hey girl, places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's have great buys. And same with consignment shops! You should check them out.

lauren r.

by Sunny4132 on 8/10/2012 6:56:35 PM

I have your same prob-except with my younger sis. Ha! She's great at sports, but i'm...not. I usually get on the B team while she gets on the A team. My dad even called the defense position in soccer (my sometimes position) a punishment! But just remember they just want you to be successful, but through there ways, not yours. Tell them that so they can understand and remember they still love you. Smile

by glitterstars456 on 8/10/2012 4:29:53 PM

OMG I looooove the girls hair in this picture!

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/10/2012 4:06:58 PM

MODMODMODMODMOD!!!!
this is serious. I have not eaten in over 24 hours and im not hungry. Im on medicine for an ear infection. I take it 3 times a day and i skipped 1 yesterday and have not taken them today. It cant be jet lag bc my flight yesterday was only 1 hour. Im scared and school starts on tuesday. (Btw i dont think ill make any friends this year) HELP!!!!!

Hey girl!

You should probably just try eating, even if you aren't hungry. Maybe you should also call the doctor to see what they say about it.

Rachael A.

by YayaYuiki on 8/10/2012 4:00:33 PM

thats how my parents expect me to be!!!!! only, i'm the oldest an i'm not like that, i like normal teenage things

by Prim on 8/10/2012 3:44:29 PM

*MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD*
Hey there! So, I feel like I seriously will make no friends in sixth grade. Like, really. What are some tips to make friends fast? I don't know if this makes a difference, but here are some things about me.
-I love makeup
-I love fashion
-I love boys
-I love to dance
-I love animals
-I am a vegan
So yeah! Thank you in advance, I know you MODs work so hard to answer all of us GL babes, and it can be hard to reply to everyone!

Hey girl!

Since you love a wide range of things, I'm sure you'll find a lot of people that you have things in common with. Just be super friendly to everyone and I'm sure you'll have no problem making friends. Don't worry!

Rachael A.