11 HOURS AGO Can we get a "yas" for this surfing pig? http://t.co/NKdXo1fHEB

14 HOURS AGO Listening to @BeaMiller #youngblood and wishing it was live like yesterday! #glfashbash

14 HOURS AGO Stripes, polka dots, or floral?! Find your perf print match here: http://t.co/lM41ZdRSJ6

COMMENTS

The Scoop: Sneaky signs your crush likes you back

How can I tell if my crush likes me? Are there any sure-fire signs that he is interested? His Answer: “If a guy likes you, he can’t...

MODMODMODMODDDDD
So I'm in 6th grade and I'm reallllyyy 💔(heartbroken....). So I'm going to use different names incase they go on here:
Boy I like-Johnny
Friend-Elizza
Other new friend- Matchew
So one day I became like bestfriends with Johnny and we always talk and walk out of school together. Now one day(yesterday) I was texting Elizza, who I've been friends with awhile. I told her How people say Johnny likes me and such and she said, "did I tell you what happened?" And I said no and she told me how he asked her out in April, and a few days back my friend told me that he liked Elizza. I was so upset. Then later I was texting Matchew, who doesn't kno I like Johnny, and he said that Johnny thinks I'm annoying and he thinks I like him.
I don't know what to do now? 💔 Help?

Hey girl! Tough situation! You're young and sounds like Johnny just wasn't the guy for you. Good news is there will be many other boys so try to stay positive and branch out to meet new people! You'll be okay!

xo

Taeler L.

by valentine661 on 6/15/2013 9:36:30 AM

I'm not sure if he likes me or not. He talks to me every day in class, but we usually only talk about school. Sometimes, I catch him looking at me, too. Does he like me or not?

by pkong19 on 5/20/2013 7:28:42 PM

This guy started talking to me one day, and we texted for hours everyday. I liked him, and he liked me, we planned to meet, and we did we hungout. I think it went really well, and we were gonna hangout again, but we both couldn't. And, now we barly talk and he's always busy. I'm scared, he's loosing interest, or is gonna use me. I don't wanna get hurt, but I really like him, what should I do? Please help !

Hey girl,

If you had a great time and used to talk for hours, I would believe him if he said he was busy! Try talking to him in person, maybe at lunch or after school, and set a time to hangout when you are both available. Or if he's busy with schoolwork, you could study together!

by Glenna007 on 1/7/2013 6:49:08 PM

My crush of about five years who I haven't talked to in a long time decided to message me on Fb and asked for my number and said he would text me as soon as he got his phone and I need advice on how to keep the Convo going and interesting and I'd like to know more things I should look out for to see if he likes me cause I really do love him he means the world to me I wish I could tell you our story!(:
Please give me advice(:
Thank you!!!

by crystalRR on 12/31/2012 2:29:58 AM

So I'm in 6th grade and i like this guy who my friend and I call either Camo or DD in our txts. any way, I like him and I'm pretty sure he likes me, and right now all we do is flirt and I steal his desk at school, how do i get him to ask me out???? HELP!!!!!!

by Islandgirl2001 on 12/23/2012 9:40:36 AM

I'm 13 and I like this guy. The problem is we go to diff schools so I only see him sunday at church. When we first met I was around 4 or 5 and we played opposite sides at soccer. Then he went to my same elementary school. And now he goes to my church.I'm scared to talk to him and the opportunity doesn't arise often.The last time we had a convo he was flirtatios but that doesn't really mean much. I don't have his number and I don't know his last name so I cant find him on fb. I'm not ready for a relationship but how to I get him to talk to me more? Also my parents aren't keen on boyfriends and my dad is even wary of guy friends. How do I keep them from noticing our conversations? I just need a way to start a smooth convo. Please help!

Hey girl,

The next time you see him, you could ask for his number if you want to stay friends and talk more! Since you go to different schools, try starting a casual conversation about the classes you are both taking and maybe share some stories of a funny thing that happened with a teacher or your friends. If you want to start dating him, I would try being honest with your parents instead of keeping it from them, because that might make them more upset later! Just tell them you like hanging out with him, and maybe they will agree to have him over for dinner to get to know him and see why he's as great as you think. good luck!

by Amerikus on 12/17/2012 4:09:23 PM

(continuation)He even attempted to touch my lips using his index finger. Gosh! I like it when its Physics. We always help in order to get a commendable score. But, my best friend told me that she got the feeling that Morgan likes me, after seeing his moves against me. In addition to that, he even asked me if I am interested to start a relationship with someone I love. I know I didn't mean to worry about it but I need your opinions for me to be aware. After all, I'm a girl XD Thanks for your help!

Hey girl, it sure sounds like the boy in your class likes you.  If you like him too (or even if you don't), check out the "Guys" section of the GL website for boy tips and advice.  Best of luck!

Karin E.

by wednesdaynight on 12/17/2012 4:38:02 AM

Hello! I'm here to need help. I am a 7th Grade student. Yes, you saw it right. 7th Grade student. I need help about my relationship. I have this classmate named Morgan. He likes Science. But, unfortunately, I like Math better. We both have green as our favorite color and we both hate English subject. When we became seatmates, things about me started to change. He always share funny jokes and making jokes out of my projects. I mean, unoffensive jokes. Then, days passed, he started to hide my valuable things like my precious, glittery ballpoint pen, my handkerchief and the like. He makes me laugh. I mean, totally me, and no more. He barely compliments me nor my works. He always go near me for help during Math time and I also go near him during Science time. We both get high scores on our fields. Then, we discussed Physics, a mathematical science topic. We often seek help from each other during Physics time. He always touches my hair, my cheeks. (to be continued)

by wednesdaynight on 12/17/2012 4:31:40 AM

what if he does this at times, yet at others completely changes his attitude as soon as i notice? im normally among the last to notice, so it isnt someone else...

by lili-ana on 12/1/2012 10:00:54 PM

So I like my guy friend and a dance is coming up and i LIKE HIM SOOOO MUCH how do i ask him ?

by jnicole2002 on 11/21/2012 4:01:36 PM

ok so a guy does like half of those things and yet he says he likes another girl.....im totally confused. He stares at me and i always find him near me. But still he says he like someone else. Please help!!!

by lady7579 on 11/20/2012 11:45:54 PM

MOD.
last spring, the crush I had on a classmate of mine started growing and I thought he liked me too since he shows some signs like complimenting me. But quickly after he stopped showing more obvious signs. I think (and hope!) he still likes me because we catch glances sometimes and hes really nice to me, he rarely teases me like he does with his girl friends. I like him A LOT and I want him to like me too. I don't know how to flirt & I'm working on that, but how do I know if he likes me too? He texts me sometimes and he remembered that I like musicals, but usually we do each other small favors and make little jokes about each other. When I felt he liked me more, he complimented me and told me I was in a dream of his (it was innocent, I couldn't tell by that if he liked me or not). Does this mean he doesn't like me anymore or he still does? Thanks a lot! <3

Hey girl,

It sounds like he might like you, so you should keep talking to him and getting to know each other! You don't have to try to be flirty necessarily--just be yourself and try to get to know him as friends. If you hang out as friends you will be able to see if he likes you Smile

by sweetari95 on 11/16/2012 9:39:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD! My crush seems to have shown all these signs... But he no longer does. What should I do to save this? Please HELP!!

Hey Cottoncandie, maybe he stopped showing signs because he didn't think you were interested. Flirt a little and see if anything changes! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Cottoncandie on 11/4/2012 7:15:07 AM

my crush seems to like me when we're in the same class at the same time, but all the other times during the day he acts like i'm not even there. i'm so confused! HELP!

by koala15 on 11/2/2012 7:58:41 PM

MODMODMODMOd
So I really like my bgf. A lotbof girls like him and he knows I like him. He acts to nice and stuff he playfully says he hates me and smiles. I ask him if he likes anyone but he just walks away. I really want to talk to him alone but he makes up some excuse tobleave. But I'm pretty sure he likes me. Arty its so long. HELPPPP

Hey girl, sounds like he could, but it can be hard to say for sure. Why not see if you two could do a one-on-one study sesh sometime for a class? It may just be a good chance to see what sparks are there under the guise of a friendly meeting!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by epicvicky on 10/22/2012 6:04:05 PM

Ok i like this guy at school he smiles at me and stares at me in class (we sit next to each other) we are best friends and luv all the same things problem is i think he likes me but i need to get glasses soon and will probably look like a nerd and i don't have a idea on what to do????? please help me!he is really nice and funny too btw.

by pinkie10628 on 10/21/2012 8:06:13 PM

how do i get my parents to let me doble date

by sassygrace10 on 10/20/2012 3:26:35 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD: kkk I kinda like this guy. We are just friends but we have been that way since second fade. He said if it were up to his parents they'd pick me to date him. Mine said the same about him. He likes another girl so it's complicated. He is way more popular than me and all my friends like him too. And to top that one day we were joking around and took a compatibility test and scored 90% compatible. Do we stand a chance together?

Hey richara, it's definitely possible. Sounds like you two do have some chemistry. Try flirting with him girly. Xoxo

Lynae P.

by richara on 10/7/2012 11:15:31 PM

there is this i like and i think he likes me too. but im not sure he is always aggravating me. we started throwing paper at each other and every time i pass by him he throws little peices of paper. im so confused! HELP!!!!!!!!

Hey girl,

While it's true guys might tease you because they like you, you don't want someone who's going to be genuinely mean! Try getting to know him as friends and see how he acts around you then to get a better sense of whether he likes you!

by blazer97 on 10/5/2012 11:15:58 PM

theres this guy that i kinda like and he make sme laugh and he alawys likes to see me smile and he agruvates me what does that mean?????

by ARDAVIS on 9/29/2012 6:38:36 PM

OKAY theres this guy in my class and is alawys agravating and looks at me all the time and makes me laugh?does this means he likes me or what cause im so confuseed!!!1????

by ARDAVIS on 9/29/2012 6:36:39 PM

So there's this guy i like, and every one says he likes me back, and, honestly, i think they're right! whenever we talk, he looks deep into my eyes like he knows what i'm thinking, i catch him looking at me at lunch (one time he kept on looking as i was walking out!), but there's one problem- i can't get him alone! we don't have any classes together and teachers are swarming the school like vultures on a carcus! what can i do to get him alone so i can ask him out?

Hey girl,

If you talk to him, you could ask for his number or ask to hang out sometime (whether in a group or alone) then! Or if you are in a group with your friends, just ask if you can talk to him alone, maybe at lunch sometime or another time you are together in a group. If he likes you, you'll find a time to talk Smile

by soccacheer on 9/21/2012 10:46:11 PM

so there is this boy ive had a crush on since last year(7th grade). he looks at me alot i mean more than just a normal glance and our convos are started on both of our ends also his best guy friend recently found out i like him but i have no idea if he 100% likes me back and i dont wanna look like a fool is there any other sneaky ways to tell if he likes me (hes shy like me too) also hes way tall taller than the average adult and im only 5'4" should i be concerned?
thank you very much!
-m

Hey girl, you should not be concerned about height period. Don't let anything silly like that break what may be an amazing match for you. As for gauging whether or not he likes you, try slipping him your number cleverly or giving him a way to more directly contact you (do it under the guise of wanting to get to know him more as a friend). If he takes that opportunity, it may just be a sign he wants to talk with you more, essential foundation for any relationship.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by makmnm on 9/17/2012 7:17:32 PM

So there's a guy in my Spanish class that i kinda like a little bit, and today, we were doing partner work and my group ended up sitting right next to his. So there was about two feet of space between our desks, and a textbook fell out of mine. As soon as it hit the ground he was like : "Oppss you dropped somethin" and I reached down to grab it and when i came back up i felt his eyes on me so I looked over and he was just staring deep into my eyes and I had no idea what to do so I just stared back into his. This went on silently for about 8 seconds before he looked back at his paper. It couldn't have been anymore awkward. He's never done it before but he's never really been able to see me during class. I'm just wondering why he did it; he's never done it to any of the other girls in the class. Does he like me?

Hey girlie, unfortunately it's a hard to read a boy's mind no matter how old you get. It sounds like he might be interested and maybe he felt something in that moment. If you like him then go for it!

Lauren T.

by horsechick799 on 9/15/2012 3:06:16 PM

If only it were that easy!!

by HannaSkates on 9/11/2012 8:00:49 PM

If only it were that easy!!

by HannaSkates on 9/11/2012 8:00:19 PM

I LOVE YOU. <3 <3 <3 SO SO MUCH

by hermionegirl12 on 9/10/2012 4:15:36 PM

I'm not allowed to date until I'm 16 and I don't want to yet anyways (I'm 12), but I kind of like this guy. He's really funny and loves sarcasm and light hearted teasing like I do. I wish I could stop liking him until I'm 16, but I just can't help it! To make matters worse, I'm starting to pick up signals that he might like me back, like knowing my favorite events and the dates of my varsity swim meets, my friends insist he likes me and that they've known forever (or at least since 5th grade), my friend's overheard him mentioning me a couple times during art class (she sits by him and his best friend), and he wishes me luck before each swim meet, then gives me a high five if I win a race (I usually do). I don't know what to do! Also, if he were to ask me out, how would I politely refuse? Should I nicely explain that I can't date until I'm 16 and tell him that we can go out if he's still interested then?

Hey girl,

There's nothing wrong with liking him and hanging out as friends! If he does ask you out, you can tell him you're not allowed to date -- he'll understand!

by lol1029 on 9/7/2012 9:35:22 PM

Ok so i like this guy and i've liked him in 7th but he said he wouldnt go out with me,because his mom worked at the school and she doesn't want him to have a Girfriend. So this year i Liked him again so i wrote him a note. He know i like him,and I dont really talk to him anymore...My friends have been asking him if he likes me,and He told them,but he told them to tell me that i have to talk to him. He would like to tell me but i "Ignore him" and he feels like i don't wanna talk to him. Does he like me?

Hey girl,

Whether or not he likes you, if he doesn't want to date, you'll have to wait! It's understandable that he wants to talk to you in person, and if you keep ignoring him he will think you're being unkind! You should talk to him in person and sort everything out.

by Rei on 9/7/2012 9:30:13 PM

There is this new kid and i like him alot we smile and stare at each other and we talk sometimes. But there is a guy i kinda like and he does smile and stare at me and then me and him talk a lot. I dont know if they like me or not the new kid i like a lot and i dont know what to do PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Hey girl,

One or both of them might like you, but if you're not sure how you feel there's no reason to rush things with either of them! Keep being friends and talking, and you'll figure out how you feel about them and how they feel about you too Smile

by chelsea04 on 9/7/2012 9:20:29 PM

MOD MOD MOD theres this guy in my class when i walked past him he chased me and tapped me and said tag but i wasnt playing with him and in first grade he told me he loved me do you think he likes me?

by andra616 on 9/7/2012 5:58:45 PM

There's this guy I like and we've been friends since we were both 5, and I really like him a lot. But I don't know if he likes me. He's said that he's sometimes felt like he liked me, and he thinks I'm one of the top three cutest girls in my class, but he says we've "known each other too long" or we're "too good of friends" to go out. But it seems like he's always flirting with me whenever we hang out (which is a lot) and I'm kinda confused. Now that we're back in school he's different around his friends which Im used to, but I can't tell if he likes me or not. Does he like me? Should I just give up?

by Sunny79 on 9/6/2012 8:35:24 PM

theres this guy in my class and i walked by him and he chased me and tapped me and he said tag and in 1st grade he said he loved me do you think he likes me?

by andra616 on 9/5/2012 5:33:59 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I have 2 boys that I like. I know that they also have a crush on me too because they both stare at me (a lot) when I pretend to not notice them, or when they "bump into me" often. But the problem is, they don't have the courage to look at me in the eyes whenever I speak to them or when they speak to me (they always look at their feet and stuff). Does that mean they like me or don't? ????

Hannah H.

by pepper444 on 9/4/2012 3:25:58 PM

At my camp, there's this guy that I REALLY REALLY like but I'm in 6th grade in he's in 8th. Some of his friends don't like me, which is sorta bad. I think he likes me back because he always tries to talk to me, is nice to me, and he smiles at me a lot. I don't know if I should make the move or not. First of all, I don't want to make the move because that'd be a bit embarrassing and I hate, hate being embarrassed. We're friends, but not that close. I'm good friends with his younger brother, which should probably get me some points. How do I get him to make the move without making it obvious that I like him?

by itsjustgz on 9/3/2012 9:58:34 PM

So i like this guy thats been my neighbor forever and im not really getting any signs that he likes me back. There is another guy in 3 of my classes and i never really thought of liking him. a few days ago i was walking with a few of my friends after school and we stopped in the grass to watch the buses go by so i could see my neighbor. as the buses were going by my friend leaned over to me and told me that the boy from my classes was staring at me through the bus window and not for just a few seconds. i didnt really get any signs from him saying that he likes me and usually im pretty good at picking those things up. now my friend thinks he likes me and i think i might like him a little now too. probably because i changed my apperance alot and im not used to that kind of attention. and then my neighbor is still thrown in the mix. we would be the perfect couple but then theres the guy from my classes that i might actually have a chance with... i need some serious advice. Help me!!!!!

Hey girl,

If your friend only thinks she saw him looking out the window, he might not have been looking at you, but you can like whomever you want, whether it's him or your neighbor! I wouldn't rule out having a chance with either guy and just like whomoever you're into! And you don't have to decide now -- it's perfectly fine to stay just friends with them until you figure out which one you like Smile

by madie5480 on 9/1/2012 11:40:07 PM

Mod MOD MOD MOD!!!
I like this kid, and I've caught him looking at me. How can I talk to him? How can I follow him on instagram without it being awkward? Also, how can I be cool enough to hang with both guys and girls like my friends?? Thanks

Hey girl,

Just start by introducing yourself and making small talk! If you become friends first, it will be easier to see if he wants to be more than that later on. And you don't have to follow him on Instagram right away! And there's nothing wrong with being friends with both guys and girls -- you could even set up a group date so that you could get to know this boy while still having your friends around!

by jellybean101 on 9/1/2012 9:41:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
hi i just started skool its actually my 3rd day and this guy that i kinda likes keeps looking at me and laughing at my stupid jokes does he like me or am i just bananas in the head????

Hey girly, sometimes its hard to tell. Check out these links to help ya

lauren I.

by slgoethel on 8/31/2012 7:40:50 AM

its this boy i like him and he likes me and he always smiling at me and im always smiling back at him but i just wnt him 2 ask meh out already and we really dont tlk in in person but we tlk over chat abnd everytime i c him i just wnt 2 tlk 2 him i neverr seem 2 and he never seems to tlk 2 meh wat should i do does he like meh HELPP!!!

by purplelover001 on 8/28/2012 10:34:13 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay, so there's this guy in my gym class I don't even know that's been calling me Tiffany for no real reason every day even after I told him that's not my name. Thinking he was just picking on a lower classman, I brushed it off. But now he's been almost showing off to the group of girls I hang out with in the gym by doing all these crazy basketball stunts. I caught him just glancing over at me when I was looking around a few times. Today, he was all the way across the gym and I was sitting in the bleachers since it was a free day and he looked over at me and said. "Hey you! I see you!" Pointing at me and making a big show out of it when I wasn't even looking at him in the first place. My friends say he's flirting, but I'm pretty sure he's just teasing me. Which is it?

Hey chica! It sounds like he's flirting with you, if he's smiling while he does it, he is probably not teasing to be mean.  xoxo

Kate G.

by catieroo on 8/27/2012 10:24:32 PM

by catieroo on 8/27/2012 10:17:30 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Ok so i had this really big crush on this guy last summer and i could tell he liked me back but since we were on different teams for school, we lost contact. And as it turns out, he would flirt with my best friend at lunch and say things like, "Hey girlfriend!!!". Or, "So when's our date?". So my question is what do i do because this year im on his team for school and he is in all my classes because we are both in honors! And everytime i think about him i feel all fluttery in my stomach, so obviously i still like him.

Hey! It sounds to me like you really like this guy Smile congrats, it can be fun to have a crush. The best way to deal with this is to be his friend and see if something more happens naturally. I have seen so many girls get hurt and ruin friendships because they "had to know" if someone liked them, and they asked the guy about it and made the whole situation awkward. I even did that myself when I was younger. It's better to have a secret crush on your friend than to have a public crush on your ex-friend. good luck!

Helen S.

by emcee1 on 8/27/2012 8:38:31 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I really like my BGF and I think he does too. He's always smiling around me and he's not afraid to openly hang out with me. He likes to say my name and when he took me home from classes one time he was really sweet and kept the conversation going. Does he like me or is he just being polite?

Hey chica! He definitely likes you but as a friend or as more it's not quite clear yet. Try complimenting him every once in awhile and see if he does too, and make sure to watch out to see if he's acting the same way around other girls. If he's flirting with other girls I'd say maybe for now you two are just good friends, but if he's only flirting with you go for it! Let him know how you feel and I'm sure he'll let you know too! xoxo

Carly S.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 8/24/2012 1:33:23 PM

Mod Mod Mod
ok i know this guy since i was 6 and now we are teens and we stop visting each other for 2 years . then one day he saw each other and he tryed to hold my and hug me alot of times but i remember that he dint like me so i dont get him now he tryed to kiss me what does this mean?

Hey chicky! It seems like he likes you now! He seems to be flirting- if you like him you can flirt back but if you don't, then just be friendly. If he tried to kiss you again just let him know you don't like him that way. xoxo

Kate G.

by enstana on 8/23/2012 1:24:56 PM

Hey Rebekahb, it's possible girl. I think they thought you were pretty and couldn't stop staring. Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD!!!I have a question so well im going to High School well i was at prep day the other day and i was waiting with everyone else to go inside.Well it was a line in a shape of an L in a way. well i looked and i saw these group of boys looking at me and smiling i never seen them before well i didnt go to middle school with them.Well they were looking at me and smiling and would turn back around and turn again and keep smiling i didnt smile back cause well my dad was with me lol but then it was there time to go inside.But my question is do they think im pretty or what like what were they maybe thinking? Lynae P.

by Rebekahb on 8/18/2012 1:19:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!my crush is a sweetie when we are alone but in front of his friends or girls im not close hes a jerk and makes it seems like im desparate what should i do

Hey girlie,

Check out this article about the same sitch: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/12/01/boyfriend-acting-weird.aspx There's great advice there, and it's totally true: he might just not know how to flirt in person, so he comes off as mean or indifferent. But if he actually means those comments... ouch. He might not be the awesome guy you thought he was Frown Try talking to him one-on-one and telling him that whatever he said hurt your feelings. Tell him if you're bothering him, just tell you so you can back off and leave him alone - don't keep acting nice in private and making you confused. That way, you can figure this out once and for all! <3

Lauren C.

by jadarocks2401 on 8/17/2012 12:28:07 AM

MOD MOD MOD! Okay, so at the end of the school year there was this kid I liked and we were kinda friends. Since summer started, I haven't seen him at all and have barely thought of him. Swim team started in mid June and just finished a few days ago and theres this guy on it that I kinda like. He's wicked nice, an AMAZING swimmer, and he's really cute. Since swim team ended, we've been following each other on instagram. He does a different swim team than me in the winter and there's a girl that I think he might like/she might like him. I'm kinda confused about this whole scenario cuz I think I like the guy from swim team a lot but I won't see him again in person til next summer and I haven't thought about the guy from school but I'm gonna c him again when school starts

Hey chica! Instead of worrying about the guys you might like, start the school year with an open mind and you might find a new guy who you'll see all year and crush on! xoxo

Kate G.

by Swimminchica on 8/16/2012 8:13:35 AM

I had a crush on this guy. He was treating me like dirt. So I texted him saying I didn't want to be his crush anymore. Now it's really awkward around him. How do I build confidence to start a convo? HELP PLEASE

Hey girl, I know it's tough, but you've just gotta act like nothing happened. Treat him like you would any guy friend, and pretend that there's no history between you two. Pretty soon, you'll both forget what happened, and you can just be friends.
Carrie R.

by saints6 on 8/15/2012 4:37:26 PM

mod mod mod
Okay, like I said in my last one yesterday, he's asking me to kiss him and stuff. I was just wondering, how do I bring that up when I next see him, if he still has his gf(or so he says) and what should I say if he says that he's single? Because I do really like him but I don't want to be "that girl" if he is still single and I kiss him....please help!

Hey girl--

different mod here than yesterday so I'm not positive about your situation. If he tries to kiss you, try being upfront and saying "I really like you but I want to make sure you're single..."

good luck!
simone s.

by callieluv21 on 8/14/2012 2:37:55 PM

Okay so I've liked this guy for a year and we talked about it he sed he likes me back so I asked him out and he keeps saying no. Every one who noes me heard that I was moving but him and wen I moved I was thinking about him and crying and my friends sed that he's sad.idk wat to do! Help me please!!!!!!!

Hey girl--

I know it's complicated (and hurts!) but this guy may genuinely like you but just not be ready for a relationship or dating. It's super super tough to get rejected but I'm impressed by your bravery to ask a guy out! School starting to so try to focus on that-- join the soccer team, vow to get straight A's, make new friends. Eventually, a date-worthy boy will appear.

best of luck!
simone s.

by leopardbeat on 8/14/2012 1:57:27 PM

Mod mod mod i like this guy and he likes me back I'm 10 by the way. So he has not made a move yet but I kissed his best friend at recess do you think if he finds out he won't like me at all. Because I am perfectly fine with flirting. P.s. his best friend likes me back but he was my one time fling

Hey girlie, your guy will most likely be jealous that you were kissin' his bud. So you might wanna explain to him that you really do like him a lot. Just be careful what you say 'cause you don't wanna hurt his pal's feelings.
Carrie R.

by mrm0203 on 8/14/2012 12:47:29 PM

Ok so ive liked this guy for a year and this whole summer break i cant stop thinking bout him he has seriously been in my dreams at night problem is idk if he still likes me he USED TO LIKE ME for most of the school year last year but then he kinda stopped so this whole summer ive been wanting to know if he still does but the one time i txted him he anwserd but he was with a friend and i say hey he said hi i said what you doin he said not talking to you i said what did i say and he said sorry that was my friend our convo kept going for a little while but i could tell his friend was right there so he stoped txting but now its almost the end of the summer and i really wanna talk to him but im to scared he wont like me i miss him but idk if he forgot me or misses me he used to like me for like 3/4s of school year so do you think he still likes me??? sorry this is long
THANKS!!!

Hey chica, if this guy goes to your school, then you should be able to find out how he feels pretty soon when you guys head back for the new year. But from your last texting convo, it sounds like he might still like you, since he didn't stop talking to you right away. Whenever you next see him, just go up to him, say hi, and see what happens. If he knows you're interested, maybe it'll spark his interest in you again.
Carrie R.

by HopeIsNotHopeless on 8/14/2012 12:38:52 PM

mod mod mod
Okay, so this is kind of long, sorry! My dad's best friend's son is like my best guy friend. He comes over quite a bit because he lives only like two miles away with his dad(most of the time) the other times he is like 30 minutes away with his mom, so he goes to a different school. Anyways, he is my age, but I'm in 9th grade and he's in 8th. I really like him, but he says he has a gf. Yesterday he was at my house, and he started asking if I had a boyfriend and stuff, which I don't. Then he kept making up excuses for my brother to leave us alone, and he said that I looked beautiful even though I didn't. I thought he was kidding, and then he was asking if I had my first kiss, and then he said I should kiss him to have mine and his first kiss, even though it wouldn't be his. I'm really confused because he is asking me this stuff, and I was wondering if he liked me back? Does it sound like he does? Do you have any tips to get him to like me??

Hey chicky, It definitely sounds like this guy likes you back.  Before you take it any further, though, make sure he's single.  If he's flirting like this with you but has a girlfriend, he isn't being very nice to her.  Once you've made sure he's single, ask him out! Sounds like he'll say yes. xoxo

Kate G.

by callieluv21 on 8/13/2012 1:30:20 PM

Is it true that guys like it when girls play hard to get??? And why don't guys act like themselves when they're around girls they like??? Thanks!

by Xoxo42815 on 8/12/2012 8:08:55 PM

Hey I have a crush on this guy named Dean and when I first saw him to me it was love at first sight but the thing is we don't really know each other and I'm trying to find out if there is any sign's anybody can give to see if he likes me like I like him even though we don't talk to each other. I want to know... when I was at a football gam my brother and dean were playing agianst each other and a couple of time's when he wasn't on the feild playing I was messing with my dad or laughing he would look at me with his BEAUTFUL blue eye's do you think that's a sign??? Thanks very much Laughing

by IzYbElLa101 on 8/12/2012 1:36:05 AM

MODMODMOMOD!
I found out my class today and a boy I used to like is in the same class! what do you think I should do? I'm pretty sure he remembers me too so any advice?

Hey girl,

I'm sure it won't be a big deal! Even if he does remember, he probably won't care about it and won't treat you any differently.

by YayaYuiki on 8/10/2012 11:26:22 PM

so my crush invited me to his party hes throwing, and i wasnt going to go at first.. then he said i should (we go to different schools) so he said i should bring some friends after i told him the main reason i wasnt going to go was because i wouldnt know most of the people there. i was thinking two or three friends? and second, i really dont talk to him that much because i dont see him very often (but when i do we talk a lot) so im not really sure why he invited me and insist i go.. do you think he likes me back?? even a little?? Thanks!!

Hey girl,

If you don't want to go, don't go! Even if he is your crush, there will be plenty of time to hang out with him one-on-one later, and if he likes you back he will make sure to talk to you. But if you want to go and bring your friends, just remember that as the host he will have to talk to everyone there, even if he does like you!

by cherries51 on 8/10/2012 11:16:37 PM

mod
so i have a guy in my grade that i think likes me. he is really shy, so he doesnt talk much. he is looking at me a lot, and he always seems really nervous around me. he is super nice to me, and when we were at our dance he asks me to slow dance every time. so do you think he likes me?

Hey girl,

If he asks you to dance a lot, he probably likes you! If you like him to, talk to him more and see where things go! If not, you don't have to say anything unless he says something first, in which case you should be honest with him about wanting to just be friends so that you don't hurt him later.

by SecretCupcakeNinjaCalledTurtle on 8/10/2012 10:36:35 PM

The 3 N's..I love that Sunbreath!!! Totally reminds me of my crush a couple years ago..he passes that test lol And his name began with an N..WOW I must be bored right now :/ lol

by maggie183 on 8/10/2012 9:57:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
This past year I was in the same spanish class as my crush, and I think he likes me. All during the winter I wore these boots that i had from two years ago they are like copies of uggs until I got these really cute gray boots and he complimented me that he liked my shoes. And while we had those seats (he sat right next to me) he would always look at me (maybe because a lot of his friends sat next to me but he wasn't always talking to them). Also he gave me a paper that said I was pretty. Also after we got new seats he was at the end of my row and I was going back to my seat after putting up my workbook and he started do all this weird break dancing blocking my path. He is really nice but is the kind of person who is shy but then like best friends with every one. Do you think he likes me???? Thanks so much!!!

Hey girl,

I can't tell you if he likes you since I'm not there, but it sounds like he may like you or at least want to be friends! Keep talking to him and see where things go, because you never know what will happen! In the worst case, at least you have a super sweet friend who can make you laugh Smile

by favcolorgreen on 8/10/2012 8:53:36 PM

I know if a guy likes me by the 3 N's
Nervous- the guy blushes or babbles because he doesn't want to say the wrong thing
Nerdy- he might act like this because he's nervous or because he's getting shy
Nice- he compliments, smiles, waves, or defends you
these are my sure fire signs that a guy likes you

by Sunbreath on 8/10/2012 5:52:05 PM

Hey girls!
Boys gotcha totally confused? Does that Ms.Popularity drive you nuts? Do you want to be her? Too much drama in your circle of friends?
Well, check out my advice queen page on my profile! I can help you with these sitches, and much much more!
Hit me up and get your probs solved today!-<3 PLH

by MarMar1317 on 8/10/2012 5:21:37 PM

I catch my crush looking at me sometimes, but we NEVER talk. Things are so awkward between us. And whenever I'm around him, he always seems to be showing off. Are those good signs?

Hey girl!

Yeah, those are probably good signs! You just need to take it slow and see what happens each time you're around each other.

Rachael A.

by Twiggi828 on 8/10/2012 4:37:54 PM

Oh, Boy!
**LAST POSITION APPLYING NOW**
application on my profile

by camigal on 8/10/2012 4:22:49 PM

MODMODMOD!!!! I have a guy friend and since hes a alittle older than me like three years older I kinda see him like a big brother. Problem is recently I havent been able to get him out of my head! He kinda does some(most) of the the things in the above article and I dont want to to think of him like that, mostly because hes gonna go off to colledge, and I wont see him any more! I just feel like if I dont find out if he likes me I get hurt, if he does like me I still get hurt when he leaves. I feel confused and conflicted... PLEASE HELP??

Hey girl!

Since he's going off to college soon, it's probably better to realize that a relationship with him would be pretty impossible. I know it's really hard, but just try to do your best to move on. Older boys definitely have an appeal to them, but try to stick to boys closer to your own age so you don't have to deal with stuff like this. Moving on just takes time but it will happen, I promise!

Rachael A.

by musiclover1516 on 8/10/2012 4:22:12 PM

MODMODMOD: Rachael A, thanks I think I will tell him. Your advice really helped! Thank you!

by TeamAlice33 on 8/10/2012 4:02:24 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so 3 years ago the summer i was going into middle school this guy I really really liked asked me out. I said "uh idk my parents won't let me date til college" cause hey- this was the first time anyone asked me out so i was sorta nervous. So then he like dissapeared and hes back this summer! My friends and I catch him staring at me a lot, and I smiled and waved at him once and he just sort of looked at me. He really liked me and was willing to do anything to date me before and this summer on facebook he wrote "if only she knew how much i missed her." I have no idea if its about me or what but I really don't know what to do... Should I chat him? talk to him? I made such a fool out of my self last time and maybe he hates me but I really regret not saying yes. Also a lot of girls like him and I prob don't stand a chance. Any thoughts?

Hey girl!

Now's your chance to show him you're really interested! You should definitely chat him and talk to him. Just be friendly and show him you're interested. You have to take it day by day to really see where it goes and figure out if he's still interested.

Rachael A.

by lovemee123 on 8/10/2012 3:55:41 PM

too bad my crush lives 4 hours away. good thing i have his #. but he doesnt text me alot. Frown

by foodiejr99 on 8/10/2012 3:41:40 PM

MODMODMOD: Rachael A., Thanks for the help it was really helpfull. I have one more tiny question. Do you think maybe I should tell him how i feel? My friends tell me I should but idk because it would be awkward but it could also help.

It's tough to say. Maybe he's just been waiting for you to say how you feel so he can tell you how he feels about you too. But if he doesn't feel the same way, it could be awkward. However, I think you should just tell them. You should never regret telling people how you feel. No matter what happens, you've done your part in the relationship and that's all you can do. You can't make him like you, but by telling him you do open the door for it. I know it could be scary to tell him how you feel but you'll feel better after, I promise!

Rachael A.

by TeamAlice33 on 8/10/2012 3:38:58 PM

so what about if a guy gives you a hard time about knowing things or teasing you about being bad at something?

Hey girl!

He probably just doesn't know how to talk to girls or has a little crush on you. It's just silly boy stuff. Make jokes right back at him!

Rachael A.

by coldplay12 on 8/10/2012 3:27:43 PM

MODMODMOD: Hey so I started to like this guy from my theater production but I found out that he's about to turn 17! I'm only 15 so my parents wouldn't allow it. I only talk to him on facebook because I don't have his #. I REALLY like him but idk if I should, since he's older. He also goes to a different high school than me. Idk how to tell if he likes me back he seems like he flirts a lot when we talk but he takes a long time to reply and I feel like I annoy him sometimes. Idk what to do! Please help?

Hey girl!

You can't exactly change your feelings for this guy, so you just need to figure out what to do with these feelings. Maybe you should see if he will give you his number. If he will, then that means he does enjoy talking to you. If he doesn't, maybe he just sees you as a friend and you should move on. As far as what your parents think, you have to actually wait until you know he likes you back and wants to date you.

Rachael A.

by TeamAlice33 on 8/10/2012 3:17:50 PM

Last school year, I made friends with this guy and he would make me happy and always makes me laugh. Then I realized I really liked him. Then his friends clued in and teased us about it all the time. Then we stopped talking. But when i try to talk to him now he kinda shuts me out. This school year I want to become friends again, but how??? Please help.

Hey girl!

This situation honestly happens all the time with guy and girl friends. He probably just feels super awkward. So, I would just be friendly to him, say hello, wave, chat him up, but just be totally normal, as if nothing ever got weird between you two. He will probably follow your lead.

Rachael A.

by sheershine101 on 8/10/2012 3:08:04 PM

My crush likes me.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/10/2012 2:05:38 PM

My friend acts like that too, although, he does know I'm taken..I pity him..

by Susmita24 on 8/10/2012 1:58:26 PM