1 HOURS AGO We wanna know—how do you feel about smoking? http://t.co/56fWabzPiC

2 HOURS AGO See your future in this week's horoscopes: http://t.co/XOFoSjjpmf

3 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 cutie cozies up to the coral craze with @livefashionABLE's Etanesh scarf: http://t.co/u6kdgFkmia

COMMENTS

3 homework apps that'll help ya get ahead

Why not let technology do the work for you? Here are our picks for the best homework organization apps out there. iHomework ($1.99 on iOS) Enter homework...

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!
OK so i've been in this honors class last year (and it was really hard) and i thought i would try and manage to do it again this year again- well i've been stressin sooo much that i get physically sick- so my parents told me that i HAVE to drop out- which i'm happy about....the problem is all my friends were in this honors class and idk how to tell them that im dropping it without them getting mad, or something....???

Hey Girl! Your friends should totally understand. They've seen you stressing, and they should want you to be happy. Remind them that it was getting dangerous for your health and tell them how without you being sick and spending all that time studying you will actually get to hang out with them more. Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Justmecheyenne on 9/6/2012 4:40:44 PM

Hey, if you need any school help or wanna help others who need help, join my club: The StudyGroup <3

by topaz1116 on 9/3/2012 9:37:04 PM

Kinda pricey...I have a free site for vocab! It's called Word Dynamo, it's from Dictionary.com. They have lists of words, and you can make your own. There's a flash card option, then you can test your knowledge by taking a quiz. There are three formats for the quiz, matching, crossword, and listening.

by smileurastar on 8/28/2012 9:50:57 PM

Ok, I went to my school open house to get my supply list, see my new teachers, ect. And I found out the 1 of themost meanest girls to me are in my class! All my bestie got in my class ( Thank Dog!). And im super scared of her! She talks about bad stuff about me! She makes me seem stupied! And theres new kids, what if she makes them think im stupied if im in a gifted class like HER.. I just want to "over rule" her to show her im smarter and way better than you think! How am i going to do tht! Please reply ASAP! xoxo Smile

Hey girlie,

I know this sounds silly, but it's true - it's easier for her to make you sound stupid if you act shy, weak, and willing to let her treat you that way. Now, that doesn't mean you should be mean right back to her. But you need to fake confidence and indifference until you actually feel it! If she starts talking mean about you, don't blush and get all quiet. Shrug and turn your head like you don't care. If she makes a comment about you talking or what you're doing, don't stop doing it - keep on raising your hand in class, enjoying your time with your friends, and being yourself. Basically, stand up to her by being strong and doing your own thing. If she realizes she isn't making you feel bad or "inferior" to her, she'll move on. I swear, it really works! <3
Lauren C.

by doglover463 on 8/16/2012 10:34:45 PM

OMG!
CLUB Oh, Boy!
a custom officer position in a 30+ member club and growing?
unlimited guy advice? fast responding officers? and tonsa tips and talk? it's true.
xoxo cami

-on my profile -officer apps due the 18th

by camigal on 8/16/2012 5:31:41 PM

I use an agenda to keep track of my homework.

by otter77 on 8/16/2012 10:38:24 AM

mod mod mod mod
Hey Smile How do I become a GL modder? Thanks so much!
livvy

Hey chicky! GL mods are interns who are over 18 and live in Baltimore (or around Baltimore).  If that fits, you'll be able to be a GL modder, but if you aren't old enough, become an Advice Queen! xoxo

Kate G.

by livviegirl10 on 8/16/2012 10:21:24 AM

Or you could use the calculator app that's already there. It won't cost u anything! So ur mom won't get mad at u 4 wasting ur money on something u realize u never really needed in the 1st place!

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/15/2012 10:15:09 PM

Definitely getting the free myHomework APP! And thank you Carrie R that made me feel wayyy better Laughing

by chick987 on 8/15/2012 5:07:04 PM

Okay this year I'm starting seventh grade which for me is the first year of middle school. All of my friends have already had their first kiss and I feel really left out! I never did because I never got serious with anyone. I'm turning 12 in September. Am I to young? Were they? And should I feel left out about this? Thank you so much!

Hey babe, you should definitely not feel left out about not having kissed. I didn't kiss anyone 'til I started high school, and you'll find that high school relationships are a whole lot different than middle school ones. So don't worry about kissing just yet, and figure that your first kiss is just gonna be that much more special!
Carrie R.

by chick987 on 8/15/2012 4:54:33 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!! ( Carrie R. )
I did use a hairdryer on it. Help!!!

Okay, it's fine, chica. If you've already sponged up all the water that you can, it's still best to let it dry naturally. Or you can get good results by drawing out the moisture with a vacuum cleaner held to the accessible areas. Putting a dehumidifier near it while it dries will speed the process, too. Just don't do anything that'll make the laptop hotter 'cause that can cause problems later.
Carrie R.

by Sarah510 on 8/15/2012 3:39:11 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Please answer this as soon as you can. I just spilled some water on my laptop keyboard. At first it worked fine but now I can't find the arrow and the part under the letter on the key is wrinkled. Is it wrinkled because it's just wet??? Help - I really don't want to tell my parents!!!!!

Hey girl, water isn't such a bad thing to spill, if you're gonna spill somethin'. But you shouldn't be using the computer. Just let it dry, and do NOT use a hairdryer on it. You might be able to take off the keys and fix 'em, if they're not back to normal once they dry. But give it a day or so to see if it fixes itself first.
Carrie R.

by Sarah510 on 8/15/2012 3:06:47 PM

I use the old school way by using a planner and white board(=.

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/15/2012 1:25:02 PM

mod mod mod mod!
i have some concentration issues. and i can never get through all my homework in one night. do have any tips for homework?

Hey girlie! I always focus on getting one subject done at a time. Once I finish, say, English, I'll give myself a little reward, like 5 minutes of youtube funny videos or getting up t get a snack (but don't take more than a 10 minute break).  The little breaks make it easier to concentrate, since you start a new subject refreshed! xoxo

Kate G.

by PlushPurplePanda on 8/15/2012 9:27:22 AM

I just use a planner to keep track of my homework.

by supersingershannon on 8/14/2012 7:41:22 PM

MODMODMOD do you know any really cool free apps for kindle

Hey! I'm sorry I don't have one. maybe you could ask a parent to help you look some up!

Helen S.

by Gracie206 on 8/14/2012 7:33:59 PM

MOD MOD!!
sorry to bug ya! but ok so i really like this guy but i just can't seem to inbox him! i got some great advice from a club on here and my bff! but i just cant bring myself to do it! whats wrong with me, im getting so mad at myself! please help me!

hey! no need to feel nervous, boys aren't the end of the world. you just have to convince yourself that you're confident even if you don't feel like it ;)

Helen S.

by j4zm09 on 8/14/2012 6:53:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay,so my best friend is really, really smart! Her mom, her, my mom and I were all out for lunch when she told me the worst news: "I am skipping a grade and will be starting 9th grade this year!" I am super excited for her, but I am so sad that we are not going to go to and graduate from eight grade this year! I am so crushed! How can I help myself get over this and still stay close with my best friend since we will be going to different schools now (her in highschool and me in middleschool)? I am afraid the first 2 weeks of school will be so hard for me. Thanks for your answer, I apreciate it so much!

hey! wow that is rough! middle school is an important transition and I think it would be so hard to go from 7th to 9th grade. You'll just have to call her a lot and remember, if you think this is hard on you, it's probably going to be even tougher for her, so just be there for her. good luck!

Helen S.

by smiles48 on 8/14/2012 6:44:53 PM

Need advice?! Just click on my profile..and I'll help you with any problem BIG or small ASAP!! (:
xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 8/14/2012 6:34:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!
I need a new backpack, and all the backpacks I've seen (lands end llbean pbteen) I don't like. Can you give me some suggestions where I can get one?

Hey girl!

It seems like backpacks are everywhere now but finding a cute one can be tough Check out Target, Marshalls and department stores. You can also search online for the perfect bag.

Good luck!
simone s.

by masquerade on 8/14/2012 4:38:36 PM

MOD!
Where are some really cheap stores that I could get back to school clothes at besides Wal-Mart?

Hey girl--

Check out forever21, H&M, Love Culture, and Target. I also love Marshalls and TJ Maxx because you can find designer stuff for waay cheap if you search a little!

best of luck!
simone s.

by briannam911 on 8/14/2012 2:49:50 PM

I have the myhomework app on my iPod and you can get it free. There are a bunch of apps similar to these that work great and are free. My only problem is that we can't use electronics in school. But they are good for after school. Like, when you're on the bus, you can put in your assignments.

by scamp24 on 8/14/2012 1:50:16 PM

great...i have to get good grades in order to get a smart phone. this creates sort of a sad paradox haha

by happy-go-lucky14 on 8/14/2012 1:47:11 PM

Wish I could use these Frown But no smartphone!

by lilyyum on 8/14/2012 1:20:27 PM

MOD MOD MOD (Will this go through?)
Okay so, now everytime I post a MOD, NO ONE answers, my comment doesn't even show up. My questions have been unanswered for days. Usually if I ask why they say "It just didn't go through" but it's really annoying because a lot of the times I need help ASAP and then I end up unprepared for something.

Hey girl!

That must be frustrating. Sometimes, when a question is asked multiple times a moderator will answer the question once and delete the rest of the posts. Next time you want a question answered, ask it once (in one place!) and you should get an answer ASAP.

best of luck!

simone s.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/14/2012 1:03:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Ok so this is my first day outfit: I am wearing a button down denim shirt tucked into white jeans with brown sandals! Would a brown belt work? how should I do my hair? (long blonde hair) and accessories? thanks so much!

Hey chicky, sounds super cute! Yes, a brown belt would definitely work with that. I would go for a loose side braid, and you could accessorize with some dangly wooden earrings or burnished gold ones. Don't add too much bling, though - find the most natural-looking jewelry ya can.
Carrie R.

by zeus11 on 8/14/2012 12:52:56 PM

I use my planner and our school uses a website called "Powerschool" for students to see their grades and assignments and teachers use it too

by fallsb-ball on 8/14/2012 11:42:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD So, my period started on last friday, today's a tuesday, for some reason it's only brown stuff, no more blood. I thought it supposed to last up to a week! Right??

Hey chica, periods can be anywhere from a day or two to ten days. Just be happy that yours is light this time around. Smile
Carrie R.

by Susmita24 on 8/14/2012 11:34:53 AM

Our teachers in middle school use this website called engrade to log on and see your grades in all your subjects! There's a percentage next to the subject! When you click the subject, you see all your assignments, how many you got correct, the possible points, excuse assignment(E), you didn't do assignment which will be just a - I think??

by Susmita24 on 8/14/2012 11:33:04 AM

We are not aloudto use electronics in school! Wow GL, lately you haven't been thinking of everyone!
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!! Join my club: Operation: YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL! Our mission is to post anonymous notes in public places for other people to find. The point is that WE ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL!!! In my club, we will have daily quotes that you can put on post- its to uplift girls. We also give advice on how you can make your day better, and everyone else’s day better! So please join our uplifting club so we can tell everyone that we are beautiful the way we are! Carrie R.

by heather99 on 8/14/2012 11:09:04 AM

Want to be popular, or just want your crush to notice you. Well we can help you with that. Need to know what dress to wear or what to do when you have an embarrassing moment. We have it all just ask

by icecream8975 on 8/14/2012 11:03:00 AM

I use my handy dandy planner- I don't really need any of these apps to help me

by BBMarie on 8/14/2012 10:23:24 AM

Why do you have to pay!!!!!!!!!! I only have four cents on my itunes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frown

by favcolorgreen on 8/14/2012 10:04:55 AM

MOD MOD MOD OK so today is day 7 of my period this is my 3rd or 4th period. my other periods were pretty much spotting and it was pretty regular (almost every 28 days). but this time my period came like a week or two later and is a lot heavier (and the amount is the same from day 1 or 2). if i get my period tomorrow should i see a doctor? and if not and i keep on having it wen should i see a doctor(if it doesn't stop)?
thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey babe, periods can be irregular for the first 2 years after you start gettin' 'em. So don't sweat it if yours is still a li'l weird from time to time. Also, they can last for 10 days sometimes, so you don't need to worry about how long it lasts unless you've had it for 2 weeks or more.
Carrie R.

by lmpsport on 8/14/2012 9:58:43 AM

I use my assignment notebook, but this coming year I am going to use myhomework. I can't wait for the new school year!

by giggle123 on 8/14/2012 9:18:41 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Okay, so I am a freshman. I start school tomorrow. I have gym class on one end of the building, and World History on the complete opposite side! How can I make it to class on time? I try to change fast, but sometimes they let us out late! I won't socialize in the halls, and take my stuff to that class. I won't stop by my locker, and I walk fast. Any more tips?

Hey babe, that's always tough when you have to make a quick change after gym class. My two recommendations would be to 1) wear a simple outfit when you have gym class so that you can change super quickly and 2) talk to your World History teacher if you're still findin' that you can't make it to class on time. Do your best for the first week or so, but if it's a major problem, your teacher will most likely understand where you're comin' from.
Carrie R.

by *B*E*<3 on 8/14/2012 8:59:26 AM

I prefer to use just an old-fashioned planner. That way you can take it out in class to write down assignments without getting in trouble for using your phone.

by lissau2737 on 8/14/2012 8:04:34 AM

MODMODMODMOD
1. How do you deal with growing apart from a BFF?(I moved a year ago and we've been drifting)
2. I like a guy who thinks I'm a total dork most likely and or thinks I'm invisible. How can I come across confident and start a normal fun convo with him on fb because idk him well at all. Also what if he has a gf? I don't wanna ruin his relationship...thx in advance

Hey chica, it can be tough when your bestie starts getting distant. There are a few ways you can cope: 1) Tell your pal straight up that you miss chatting, and make more of an effort to plan Skype dates and/or make random phone calls. 2) Focus on the pals that you've got closer to home, and know that friendships change as life goes on. Who knows - maybe someday you and your bestie will meet up again and rekindle the old friendship.

And about your guy trouble, you never know what he thinks of you if you haven't talked to him, so don't count yourself out yet, girl. See if you can start up a convo based on something that you both have in common. Can you comment on something from school or on a movie that you both like? If he puts up a FB status that you wanna say something about, say it and see where things go. Start off being friends, and chances are, you'll find out pretty quickly if he's got another girl in his life or not. Good luck!
Carrie R.

by starfan1 on 8/14/2012 2:16:22 AM

id LOVE to have these, especially istudiez Pro, but since 1D new album is coming out soon, im not spending anything on itunes unless its theire new album! Frown sorry but ill bookmark this page when i go to best buy next time! Smile

by angie333 on 8/14/2012 1:00:34 AM