11 HOURS AGO 20 mistakes that are totally okay to make: http://t.co/Sp1LN2IZbg pic.twitter.com/ERZCCB5NB7

12 HOURS AGO This sweetie pulled his girl out of a sticky sitch! Check it out here: http://t.co/ocvGSizhUu pic.twitter.com/4wg8CBDbhG

12 HOURS AGO RT @MaddieandTae: You don't have to leave your side of town to turn up our new acoustic video at http://t.co/Oz836Tzayo! @girlslifemag 🌃

COMMENTS

Find the perfect first-day outfit--without hitting the mall

Ahh, who doesn’t love back-to-school shopping? But wait, you’re strapped for cash and can’t get all that new stuff you want? Don’t worry, it’s totally easy to...

MODMODMOD i recently got a pair of neon green and blue skinny jeans but i dont know what to wear with them and suggestions?

Hey girl! Check out this vid to help! http://www.girlslife.com/Videos.aspx?v=liBhBPI5AOM xoxo

Kate G.

by spunkyzigzag on 8/16/2012 2:26:53 PM

my sister wears the second outfit all the time, with small variations. she wore it today! except with flats instead of boots

by emroxlol on 8/16/2012 4:26:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots in the first outfit!!! Where can I get them?! Thanks xoxo

Hey girlie! I'm not sure, but I can try and find out and post back here later! xoxo

Kate G.

by loudandproud329 on 8/15/2012 12:03:40 PM

I have to buy my own clothes this year and I was wondering what some wardrobe staples were that would go with a lot of things. If it helps I'm in 7th grade. Thanks in advance!

Hey chica! Go for basic clothes and then fun accessories. It'll be worth it to spend a little bit more on clothes you think you'll wear a lot, so they last longer (like jeans and jackets).  Get lots of cardigans and sweaters, since you can wear them with shorts, dresses, jeans, or skirts.  Also try fun blouses and button downs. xoxo

Kate G.

by rosiegrl on 8/15/2012 10:31:55 AM

I love the first two outfits! Especially the shoes!

by unicornninja on 8/15/2012 12:14:29 AM

i love love love love love the second outfit

by unstopable on 8/14/2012 10:31:51 PM

If you need advice on ANYTHING than come to my advice queen page! Also if you love Ari Grande and Bella Thorne join one of my clubs!

by hbgirl2001 on 8/14/2012 5:02:42 PM

Mod:
I am 13 and REALLY tall, I also am not super thin, I am really fit, but I have a wider build and I have a problem with looking bigger that I actually am. Do u think there are any shirts that r slimming?

Hey girl!

I'm built the same way (other than the tall way). When you're curvier or wider it's tough to pull off loose fitting shirts without looking bigger. I'd go for shirts with definition to emphasize your shape. Avoid v-necks because they can make you seem broader. I would also avoid shoulder pads and halter tops. Try wearing form fitting tops to show off your toned-tummy.

good luck!
simone s.

by cookie99 on 8/14/2012 3:02:57 PM

I often wear menswear day-to-day, a kind of dapper-geeky-queer style. Yes, one of the cardinal rules is to match your shoes to your belt, e.g. dark brown leather with dark brown leather. Does this apply if I carry a bag too? Will people glare at me on the streets? (Okay, probably not, I live in the suburbs.)

Hey girl--

Don't worry about matching your bag to your belt and shoes. Trust me, I'd own a ton more bags if I had to find a new one for every pair of shoes I own ;)

good luck!
simone s.

by peaches and raspberries on 8/14/2012 2:09:14 PM

love the first boots!!! and the whole second outfit!

by the_last_ninja on 8/14/2012 1:00:52 PM