4 HOURS AGO Which season matches your personality? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/h9pMpB9Sq8

7 HOURS AGO Snag stellar stylespo from the girls of #Evermoor: http://t.co/5da67UCMiX

8 HOURS AGO Because roasted pumpkin seeds are always on fleek: http://t.co/gbh6WJuZTy

COMMENTS

Find the perfect first-day outfit--without hitting the mall

Ahh, who doesn’t love back-to-school shopping? But wait, you’re strapped for cash and can’t get all that new stuff you want? Don’t worry, it’s totally easy to...

We are all a big fan off the sundress outfit. the other outfits are cute but we cant see outselfs in them!
Xoxo, Kitty, Kelsey, And Katie

by Nemo3 on 9/29/2012 10:55:32 PM

MODMODMOD
my first day of school is on wednesday and i dont really know what to wear... im not into dresses, skirts or heels, and where ever i look it talks about dresses, so i was wondering what would be a good casual outfit to wear thats not too dressy? thanks!

Hey girl,

don't stress too much about your first day outfit. The most important thing is to be comfortable! You don't have to be too concerned with what everyone else is wearing, instead wear something that makes you feel like YOU. Good luck on your first day!!
Alexis G.

by maddie21 on 9/3/2012 10:59:40 AM

mod mod mod!!
i have the best first day outfit like ever and it reflects my personality and i just love it! the only issue is that i only have the shoes the jacket and the skirt. i need a shirt that would work well with a black jacket and tight black skirt with green tangerine and light purple in it also with leather booties. thnx!

A white shirt would pop but also go with all the colors Smile

Helen S.

by luvinlife12 on 8/27/2012 5:28:17 PM

Hey I am 5'4 with an athletic build and I have pale skin,
blue eyes, and blonde hair. What should I do for hair and
makeup for BTS? Thanks!!!!

Hey chica! Try a nice, natural eye and a pretty, glossy lip for makeup.  For hair, I love half up half down, so try that out and see how you like it! xoxo

Kate G.

by kittykove2 on 8/21/2012 2:18:32 PM

I have shoulder length brown hair and I'm super bored with it. What hair style could I rock this fall?

by karlyrae on 8/20/2012 9:42:52 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have an athletic body shape. I dont have a completly flat stomach, but it is almost flat. Tight shirts just make it look worse. What shirts can i wear to make my stomach look better, and what pants can i wear to show off my athletic bod?

Hey chica! I can't tell you for sure what will work for your body, but check out the newest GL (August/September) for good jeans for an athletic build.  As for shirts, it depends on the fit, and every brand fits their clothes differently.  Find a brand you like and try on lots of different cuts and I'm sure you'll find one that looks fab on you. xoxo

Kate G.

by puddinface7 on 8/20/2012 12:07:33 PM

hey im going intlo middle school, im petite, muscular and dont have a big tummy but i have super tight shirts that make it look bigger than it is. It is not flat but almost is. I am not overweight though as it is not that big. What shirts can i wear to not make my stomach look big, and show off my large muscles?

by puddinface7 on 8/19/2012 9:47:27 PM

CLUB ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!! Anything you want to talk about? We can do it here! I have good advice to share. Also, I am a FANTASTIC debater, and I'm sure you are too, so we can have a nice debate in this club. Positions are open, why not join?

by puddinface7 on 8/19/2012 9:40:57 PM

Hi! I need help with my outfit for the first day. Im going into 8th and middle school will be new for me becuz i was homeschooled. What is a good hair style for me? i am heart shaped face and have loooonnnngg brown hair to the middle of my back. i kinda just put it in a side part but it looks bad, like frizzy and damaged. I was thinks about getting layers but my mom says its a bad idea because i will make it more frizzy. Im so bored with it though and the side part just like droops of my face. And what do i put in my hair to make it less frizzy but still have volume? Also i have dark blue eyes and lightish freckles. What should i put i put on my skin to make it look clearer? And what makeup should i use on my day bts? oh im 13 and thanks!! omg thanks i asked alot sorry!

Hey girl! Try a french braid (they look great with long hair!).  You can also try blowdrying your hair, but be careful, since heat can cause damage if you blowdry it too often.  To make your face clearer, wash it daily and use a spot treatment for pimples.  Don't go crazy on makeup for BTS, wear only what you would usually wear.  xoxo

Kate G.

by sophiabest1 on 8/17/2012 9:50:26 AM

Hey, so Im having a fashion emergency. I am going to be a freshmen this year and I got invited to a party tonight at one of the housees of my fellow color guard girls. Now, with color guard I am the only freshmen so I am the youngest. What should I wear????
Thanks, Nicole

Hey girl! I was in colorguard, too in high school! When I hung with the guard girls, I usually worse something comfy but cute, like a nice pair of jeans and a cute tee.  Remember- they'll see you at practice, so there's no need to get super fancy.  Dress in a way that you're comfortable- they'll love you for being you and not trying to impress them. xoxo

Kate G.

by nicole997 on 8/16/2012 2:30:52 PM

MODMODMOD i recently got a pair of neon green and blue skinny jeans but i dont know what to wear with them and suggestions?

Hey girl! Check out this vid to help! http://www.girlslife.com/Videos.aspx?v=liBhBPI5AOM xoxo

Kate G.

by spunkyzigzag on 8/16/2012 2:26:53 PM

my sister wears the second outfit all the time, with small variations. she wore it today! except with flats instead of boots

by emroxlol on 8/16/2012 4:26:36 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I LOVE LOVE LOVE those boots in the first outfit!!! Where can I get them?! Thanks xoxo

Hey girlie! I'm not sure, but I can try and find out and post back here later! xoxo

Kate G.

by loudandproud329 on 8/15/2012 12:03:40 PM

I have to buy my own clothes this year and I was wondering what some wardrobe staples were that would go with a lot of things. If it helps I'm in 7th grade. Thanks in advance!

Hey chica! Go for basic clothes and then fun accessories. It'll be worth it to spend a little bit more on clothes you think you'll wear a lot, so they last longer (like jeans and jackets).  Get lots of cardigans and sweaters, since you can wear them with shorts, dresses, jeans, or skirts.  Also try fun blouses and button downs. xoxo

Kate G.

by rosiegrl on 8/15/2012 10:31:55 AM

I love the first two outfits! Especially the shoes!

by unicornninja on 8/15/2012 12:14:29 AM

i love love love love love the second outfit

by unstopable on 8/14/2012 10:31:51 PM

If you need advice on ANYTHING than come to my advice queen page! Also if you love Ari Grande and Bella Thorne join one of my clubs!

by hbgirl2001 on 8/14/2012 5:02:42 PM

Mod:
I am 13 and REALLY tall, I also am not super thin, I am really fit, but I have a wider build and I have a problem with looking bigger that I actually am. Do u think there are any shirts that r slimming?

Hey girl!

I'm built the same way (other than the tall way). When you're curvier or wider it's tough to pull off loose fitting shirts without looking bigger. I'd go for shirts with definition to emphasize your shape. Avoid v-necks because they can make you seem broader. I would also avoid shoulder pads and halter tops. Try wearing form fitting tops to show off your toned-tummy.

good luck!
simone s.

by cookie99 on 8/14/2012 3:02:57 PM

I often wear menswear day-to-day, a kind of dapper-geeky-queer style. Yes, one of the cardinal rules is to match your shoes to your belt, e.g. dark brown leather with dark brown leather. Does this apply if I carry a bag too? Will people glare at me on the streets? (Okay, probably not, I live in the suburbs.)

Hey girl--

Don't worry about matching your bag to your belt and shoes. Trust me, I'd own a ton more bags if I had to find a new one for every pair of shoes I own ;)

good luck!
simone s.

by peaches and raspberries on 8/14/2012 2:09:14 PM

love the first boots!!! and the whole second outfit!

by the_last_ninja on 8/14/2012 1:00:52 PM

i luv it!!!!!

by awesomeazw on 8/14/2012 11:34:54 AM

Want to be popular, or just want your crush to notice you. Well we can help you with that. Need to know what dress to wear or what to do when you have an embarrassing moment. We have it all just ask http://www.girlslife.com/AdviceQueen.aspx?id=6486

by icecream8975 on 8/14/2012 10:58:42 AM

What kind of shirts go with a raspberry colored sweater? Plain colored shirs are very boring and so are tee shirts.

Hey chica, you could look for patterned shirts in pretty much any color but orange, neons, and red. V-necks can give a plain shirt a bit of interest, too.
Carrie R.

by Lovekatniss23 on 8/14/2012 10:38:28 AM

mod mod mod
this sunday i go to an amusement park with my marching bandand girls have to have there hair up. is there anything i can do to my ponytail to make it look better

Hey babe, sounds like an awesome trip! Here's a post about updos that you can try: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/01/Turn-your-down-do-into-an-updo.aspx.
Carrie R.

by myth_lover on 8/14/2012 7:45:02 AM

I LOVE the steve madden combat boots! i think they are worth the investment because you will get your money's worth by wearing them often, at least thats what i thinkTong

If anyone has any questions or needs advice, don't hesitate to ask! Im a highschool senior, so I can probably help ya outSmile

by Aquamintsgirl on 8/14/2012 1:11:51 AM

I transition my summer clothes into fall by wearing the brighter pieces with darker and warmer items.

by supersingershannon on 8/13/2012 10:02:22 PM

I love all of these! I just got some skinny jeans like the ones in the article

by toxicCrayon on 8/13/2012 8:58:12 PM

To: peppercyndaquil13
Woah girl. Why so negative? Don't just feel sorry for yourself. Try to make things happen. Do you know why mom never took you shopping? Maybe not a lot of money, maybe she forgot. Ask her if you can go. If you can't, think about it, do you NEED any clothes, or do you want clothes because your friends are all going to get BTS clothes? And GL is a happy place,  Helen S.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/13/2012 7:57:04 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!
ok so school is starting soon and i need some advice.so last year all year I either had my hair in a pony tail or had it down so I was wondering if you had any hair style ideas for me to try for the school year.oh and I'm kinda girly and I like braids so that might help you. thanks!

Helen S.

by cgirl109 on 8/13/2012 7:17:58 PM

ehh... my mom pays for all my clothes so im good. i was hoping this would be more about not summery stuff. hello?! it was 66 degrees today!!

by heather99 on 8/13/2012 7:15:07 PM

I don't wear dresses or skinny jeans, and I can't wear shorts to school. Mom should've took me back to school shopping, but that never happened. Now I can't go to school.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/13/2012 6:19:00 PM

Come to my club: Alphas United!
What is this club you ask? Well, I'll tell you. This club has everything! Boy advice, Fashion advice, and your resource to ruling your school with a manicured fist. Are you in? Join my club now!

by transform2314 on 8/13/2012 5:41:35 PM