3 HOURS AGO Are you the kinda girl who goes with the flow? Take the #quiz to see: http://t.co/ukcFkXMyGl

6 HOURS AGO 5 tips for booting bad grades: http://t.co/kMlNTRGFos

7 HOURS AGO Wondering if you should you get back with your ex? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/6gYmS9fe3s

COMMENTS

Flight of flirty

Every year, the 8th graders at my school build planes during the last week of school and fly them that Thursday. My best friend and I...

awwww i love the story

by lpagreyhound on 8/31/2012 4:15:08 PM

Dear Lauren C.,
Odds are that he'll turn 13 this year so become friends and hang out in groups (remember to keep things casual). i know how you feel(my 'rents make fun of me too). Guys want a best friend before they want a girlfriend. i'm also ging into 7th grade. When he's old enough throw him some hints and if he doesnt get it YOU make a move. Until then just have fun and don't over think everything he says and does.

P.S. You are lucky my mom says i can date when im 14 but my gramma says 16...wish me luck!!!! Hannah H.

by janay123 on 8/30/2012 2:51:19 PM

Awwwwwww!!!!!! So sweet!! Smile

by kgoen7430 on 8/25/2012 6:50:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Ireally like this boy and i wanna ask him out. The problems r: im going into 7th grade (so is he), my best friend asked him out and he said no, he cant date until he is 13, myparents dont know any of this(bc they make fun of me), and I HAVE NEVER EVER TOLD A GUY I LIKED HIM BEFORE!! Please help!

Hey girlie,

Since he can't date until he's 13 anyway, there's no sense asking him out now! Instead, focus on getting to know him as friends. Chat about school, homework, favorite music, what he did this summer, how he's liking his classes... anything under the sun. Play video games, see movies, whatever! Grow closer to him as friends right now and see if you have enough in common to "click" together. If so, by the time he's 13 you'll already know him really well - and he'll already know you Smile Then, when he's allowed, you can make a move!

Lauren C.

by rane22 on 8/23/2012 11:18:42 PM

Aw such a creative way to ask you out!

by Dancergirl30 on 8/21/2012 4:40:11 PM

I have a huge crush on a 16 year old and im only 13! he likes me too. he knows how to dive and hes so cute but sometimes i feel like a liite girl in a tea pot shop becuz i'm so hiper to be around him. what do i do??

Hey girl! 13 and 16 are pretty different- it might be cool to feel like you're with the older people, but you can alos get dragged into stuff that isn't so fun about getting older.  Remember to stick around with your friends and enjoy being 13- even if it means that you spend a little less time with your cool, older dude. You'll have plenty of time for 16 year olds when you are one! xoxo

Kate G.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 2:26:00 PM

aww! i'm soo jealous;)

by myfatsquirrel on 8/15/2012 10:39:35 AM

Hey,
So...I want to try tampons... I know it should be simple to ask my mom. But the problem is when I asked her she was adamant about me not using them. That was like a year ago but she's scared of all the risks. And I get she just wants to protect me. But I still feel like it'd make life easier during my period. How can I convince her to let me try them? By the way, I don't play any sports so it's not like I can use that as a reason.
I know this is kind of on the wrong article, sorry! :\
Thanks!!!
-A

Hey girlie! Don't worry about posting on the "wrong" article, you can post questions wherever you want! As for the tampon issue, depending on what risks your mom is worried about, you could try to do some research and show her that you can use them safely. For instance, if she's worried that you'll leave them in for too long, tell her you'll set an alarm on your cell to go off after 6 hours.  If you show her that you've done your research and that you're mature enough to handle it, she might change her mind. xoxo

Kate G.

by Acutiebookworm on 8/15/2012 4:31:56 AM

That's soooooo sweet!!

by unicornninja on 8/14/2012 11:50:53 PM

Ah-dorable! Anyway, come to my club, Alphas United. Why you ask? It will teach you the basics on how to become popular, flirt, and look stylish anywhere. There are the advanced alphas who will need little work. I will also have previous alphas share a few tips too. Come to my club. Are you alpha enough?

by transform2314 on 8/14/2012 10:05:19 PM

2 cute Girl I wish my crush would do that.... but then again my crush is way older then me soooooo...probably not.Oh well!

by AarynJ on 8/14/2012 9:39:05 PM

Awww! That's so sweet!

by CrazyGirl199 on 8/14/2012 9:18:36 PM

thats soooooo cute, i wish that my crush would do that

by kenny_peace_panda22 on 8/14/2012 6:56:12 PM

That's so cute!! I'm jealous. Altho I too had pretty awesome 8th grade romances..I feel like that's a lucky year for love..haha
BTW: ANYONE WHO NEEDS ADVICE ABOUT ANYTHING!! I am always available to answer any questions and give top notch advice ASAP! I'm on here all the time and LOVE giving advice!
My profiles just a click away ;)
xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 8/14/2012 6:41:07 PM

Need advice?! Just click on my profile..and I'll help you with any problem BIG or small ASAP!! (:
xoxo,
maggie183<3

by maggie183 on 8/14/2012 6:34:37 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've been feeling really down/slightly depressed lately. A lot of times I'm sad for no reason, and can only think negatively about myself. I used to be painfully shy in middle school, but I've become a LOT more outgoing. However, I still don't feel socially secure. I have a lot of great friends--GIRL friends--and a wonderful family. It's just so hard for me to talk to guys, as friends and crushes. I feel crappy for being the lonely single girl for about a year and a half now. I've just been feeling sad and unworthy to a lot of people lately. With homecoming around the corner, i really want a date and potential boyfriend. I think that's the thing that keeps bugging me...idk y i feel like a need a relationship to be happy. Please help!

Hey! I felt the exact same way you did when I was younger and you know what? it got better. I'm actually really glad now that I didn't have a bunch of insignificant bfs in middle school and high school. You'll meet someone really substantial when you're older. Good guys are worth the wait. You don't need a boyfriend to validate you. Read books, have fun, and get to know who YOU are before you worry about boys. I promise you will meet someone one day.

Helen S.

by bookworm31 on 8/14/2012 5:28:48 PM

Im going to be a Junior in high school and I still get really nervous and weird around guys. I have a crush on this one guy but I cant seem to do anything about it help!

Hey girl!

It's completely normal to get nervous around boys-- especially one you really like! just take a few breaths and try to remember that he's just like you and your friends. Instead of worrying about seeming "weird" just focus on keeping up the conversation like you would with anyone else.

good luck!

simone s.

by olympians on 8/14/2012 4:54:18 PM

that's soo cute!!

by hockeygirl1999 on 8/14/2012 3:41:33 PM

Well we paint together at the school and sometimes at the school during the summer. I havent seen him for a while, but I still like him a lot and my first day of school is Thursday.

Hey girl--

That's exciting that you'll be reunited so soon! Make sure you still like him though. If not, there are tons of BTS crush worthy boys!

best of luck!
simone s.

by rfh14000 on 8/14/2012 1:16:25 PM

*MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD*
Hey! I want to know some things I should get for BTS I do not have a lot of money at all, my mom is only getting staples. I was thinking... Some sweaters, solid color tees, tights, I DON'T KNOW? I am lost, what should I get! This will have to last me all year.

Hey Girl!

I'm having the same issue right now with back-to-college shopping! Sweaters are always great! How about a pair of jeans you absolutely love and won't mind wearing over and over again (gotta love those!)  A jacket or coat you love is great too. And colored t-shirts are a great option! You can get like 5 for $10 at forever 21 or old navy.

best of luck!
simone s.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/14/2012 1:07:55 PM

Thanks for the advice, also I know I have the right number because at the beginning of Summer he would answer me when I said that we were gonna go paint and he could come, which he did, but now he doesnt respond to my texts even if its about painting and even before he usually only answered with a one word answer.

Oh, okay. Well, that may not be such a good sign then. Are you painting together in school, at a camp, or on your own?
Carrie R.

by rfh14000 on 8/14/2012 12:00:32 PM

My crush smiles and stares at me a lot. When we paint together he drops his brush a lot. We talk some, but he is kind of shy. He also never responds to my texts. Does he like me or is he ignoring me?

Hey chicky, he might just be ignoring your texts because he doesn't know what to say. Or you might have the wrong number. But if he's smiling at you a lot and being nice to you, he probably likes you.
Carrie R.