5 HOURS AGO November's almost over... How's your #NaNoWriMo novel coming?

6 HOURS AGO What lip color should you *really* be wearing?

8 HOURS AGO Uh-oh, are you using the wrong type of brush? Find out here:

GL's back-to-school beauty checklist

It’s almost the big day! The first day of school can make any girl feel like her tummy’s full of butterflies. We wanna make sure you’re prepped...

MOD MOD MOD! I'm starting highschool in a few weeks and I really want to make a good impression. Problem is, we have marching band first thing in the morning. Which means changing clothes, rushed ponytails and sweat. I need some ideas for marching-band-proof hair and makeup. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
(P.S. I have straight, brown hair and brown eyes)

Hey girlie, make sure that all of your eye makeup is waterproof. That way when you sweat it won't run or come off. Bring your makeup with you so that you can do any touch ups after you're done. For your hair, ponytails can look cute. You can also do messy buns and braids. They won't get messed up from sweating or moving around, and they'll keep your hair out of your face.

Lauren T.

by rebecca18 on 6/30/2013 5:48:32 PM

My first day at high school is tomorrow...and I have no idea what to wear! I feel like I'm under a lot of pressure because I'm going to a new school, I'll see teachers I have never met and I have to get forms filled out and my bag packed, and it's freaking me out. Any ideas on what I can wear, and how I can calm down? Thanks in advance Smile

Hannah H.

by pokemon_girl11 on 9/3/2012 1:23:40 PM

Mod mod mod
Ok two questions.
1. My school starts in 3 days and I'm going into 9th grade... My mom has turned me down 3 times when I asked her if I could start shaving in the past. I feel as though I would be a lot more confident if I did... How can I get the confidence to ask her again and when should I ask her?
2. I have 6 people in my family and we all share one bathroom. I feel like my family touches and sometimes uses/ moves my stuff without permission, and it's always super cluttered in there with everyones different shampoo, body wash, etc. How can I keep my stuff separate? I was thinking using this little basket to put my shampOo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, etc in there and storing it in my closet and taking it when I shower. Is this a good idea? Thanks so much!!! Sorry this is really long!! Smile

Hey girl,

Here's a post about talking to our mom about shaving: And as for your family, try talking to them about moving stuff and getting your own shower caddy. It will be easier to talk to them so they aren't offended. You could also keep it under the sink or on a shelf so that you don't have to keep it in your closet!

Meghan D.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 9/1/2012 8:58:14 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD1MOD1MOD! What should I have for my P.E. locker because I always end up really sweaty and stinky after running or exercises!

Hey girl,

If a shower's not possible, I would suggest having deodorant and maybe facial cleansing wipes to get sweat out of your pores. And a clean outfit of course!

Meghan D.

by ChunkyBunky101 on 8/31/2012 9:40:54 PM

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i start school in 6 days and i still don't have a first day outfit!!!!and i really need new clothes but i dont know how to ask my mom to take me shopping. what can i wear that is cute, comfy,but still looks like i didnt just throw something on? i was thinking maybe tie-dye purple shorts with a white shirt that has a silver rose in sequins on it. Do you think this will look right?! Thanks in advance!
P.S. i posted a comment a week ago telling girls not to use strawberries and baking soda on their teeth cause it could really damage them with a link to way better and safe ways to whiten instead but it hasnt shown up!!!!!!

Hey girl! The link didn't show up because we can't allow you girls to post links on our website.  Sorry! We can't be sure that all of the links people post are safe, so we have a rule that no one can post any.  As for school, your idea sounds super cute! Try it on and check it out to see if it works.  If it doesn't, consider swapping the tie dye shorts with a pair of regular cut offs or some cute colored skinnies! xoxo
Kate G.

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 8/29/2012 10:02:53 AM

Picture day is coming up and I need a lot of help.
First of all I have this red zit on my cheek.I'm not old enough to use make up yet, and I don't have any skin cleanser, zit zappers, and I don't feel comfortable popping my zit. Do you have any way that you would get rid of a zit?
Secondly, I have no idea what is should wear. I'm not really allowed to wear a skirt or dress, but if I ask my aunt she might let me. Is there any way I can dress up a
t-shirt and shorts though?

Hey chica! Try some toothpaste overnight to dry that zit out (use the paste, not the gel).  Try a cute necklace with your shorts and tee, it'll look dressed up but still be comfy! xoxo

Kate G.

by hbgirl2001 on 8/27/2012 10:39:21 PM

i wanna try the strawberry and baking soda thing but im not sure how much of each i should use. please help. And is there anything else i could do to whiten my teeth before i go back to school?(I start school tomorrow)

Hey girly, you shouldent need a lot. try two tablespoons of baking soda and 3 strawberries. Adjust if needed. Don't stress too much over the big day. Try a whitener today and just make sure to brush and floss before school tomorrow. xoxoxo.

Lauren I.

by fluffypants on 8/27/2012 2:21:15 PM

This will definitely help!!

Hey girls! Need beauty/fashion advice?! Take tips from professionals in my new club Baylee's Beauty Beat! Hunny, you'll be looking fab in no time.

by BayleeBeautyQueen on 8/26/2012 11:19:59 AM

one of my teeth i think died from an accident, and it turned gray. how can i make it less noticeable? also, if i use the strawberries and baking soda to whiten my teeth, how will it affect my gray tooth?

Hey girl! I so wish I could offer some great advice. Unfortunately since I’m

not an expert on the matter, I don’t want to point you in the wrong

direction. Try having a chat with the good old ‘rents, or the dentist! I’m sure they’ll

be more than happy to help you get things squared away. xoxo

Carly S.

by 16paw on 8/23/2012 4:17:18 PM

Hey Mod,
well i wear skirts mostly because that is my religion but this one girl makes fun of me what do i do?

Hey chica! Let this girl know that you wear skirts because of your belief, and if she keeps teasing, talk to a teacher about it.  It is NOT okay for someone to pick on you because of what you believe in or how you choose to dress because of it. xoxo

Kate G.

by Nelie on 8/23/2012 3:41:36 AM

Before you go shopping, raid your closet. Pair your clothes in new ways with pieces you already own. You'll be surprised at how much fuller your closet becomes.

Dazzle this season with decorations from Duck Tape!