1 HOURS AGO Learn these beginner poses and become the next pro at yoga! http://t.co/FRwmboprw5

3 HOURS AGO Find out your body confidence: #GLQuizzes

3 HOURS AGO Learn our tricks on how to talk to the new cute boy in school! #GLLovesBoys http://t.co/NdSgKaUXFl

COMMENTS

GL's back-to-school beauty checklist

It’s almost the big day! The first day of school can make any girl feel like her tummy’s full of butterflies. We wanna make sure you’re prepped...

MOD!
Will the strawberry and baking soda thing mess up your teeth? Like, ruin them?

Hey girl,

It shouldn't hurt your teeth as long as you rinse it off afterward and don't do it more than once a week!

Meghan D.

by Inspiration on 8/17/2012 9:48:15 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
Lately, my nose has been really oily. I looked for oil blottng sheets at a pharmacy, but they were too expensive. What's a natural way to get rid of oil? Is there one?

Hey girl,

If your skin is oily, it is because your pores are clogged! Try using a blackhead clearing scrub with salicylic acid to reduce shine.

Meghan D.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 9:43:18 PM

Do we whiten our teeth before or after we brush our teeth?

Hey girl,

You can't usually whiten your teeth for half an hour after brushing your teeth, but they should still be clean!

Meghan D.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 9:33:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I can't decide between these two backpacks from PBTeen. want it to be trendy, pretty, yet fashinable and gorgeous. One is designed with lavender,purple, mint, green,light blue, blue, light pink and pink dots and the other is black with outlining white flowers with a few pops of pink,purple and green. Help!!!

Hey girl! Figure out which one will fit better in with the rest of your clothes so you don't clash with your backpack! xoxo

Kate G.

by Sarah510 on 8/17/2012 12:43:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hello! I start high school on wednesday, and im very bold when it comes to outfits. I would like to wear an outfit thats different, but not negative attention different. My school is in a rural area, so a lot of people stick to tshirt, jeans, and cowboy boots. Well im a city girl at heart, so that will not do haha(: I was thinking i could wear a dark navy shirt with lace at the top, with dark floral print skinnys, with some 5" taupe ankle wedges. Do you think that is too bold of a first day outfit? Or will it do? Thanks!

Hey girly! It sounds like you have great fashion sense, but 5" heels are pretty big when it comes to the first day of school.  Do you have cute flats you could rock with your jeans and shirt?  If you've walked around a lot in the heels before, then def go for what you were planning! xoxo

Kate G.

by KaylieGurl663 on 8/17/2012 11:48:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Quick question- those 3D whitestrips, are they good for ur teeth? Like i know they'll make ur teeth white and all but do they have weird and random side effects like everything else nowadays (like will it rub the enamel off ur teeth or something? I would love to use them but im scared they'll do something weird to my mouth!

Hey girl! They can irritate your gums and mouth a little and make it sensitive for a while, so if you have sensitive teeth you may want to stay away from them! xoxo

Kate G.

by Justmecheyenne on 8/17/2012 11:47:56 AM

too bad they don't make whitening strips for people with braces XP

by myfatsquirrel on 8/17/2012 11:39:53 AM

♥Hey Girlies!♥★If you need some advice on growing up stuff I'm your girl!★I give answers REALLY fast because I'm on all the time and I check my profile constantly!★And I give trustworthy advice that really works!★

by snagmonkey on 8/17/2012 11:22:12 AM

MOD
i use an eyelash curler everyday but it doesnt work. my eyelashes are gorgeous for 5 minutes then the curl comes out and u can barely see my curl. Tips? Ideas? Tricks?

by fairykari on 8/17/2012 11:18:07 AM

i have EXTREMELY short and BLONDE eyelashes. when i use mascara they just look like black stubs. ive tried lengthening mascara and i feel like it doesnt work. will my lashes grow anymore(im 14)? is there anything that will boost growth or make them look longer? should i try fake lashes or are they a hassle?
Hey chica! Fake lashes are a super big hassle for everyday. Unfortunately, things that grow eyelashes more have side effects and shouldn't be used by teenagers. You can try to use a eyelash curler, which might help them look longer. Good luck! xoxo
MOD
ive tried using eyelash curlers but they never keep there curl. are there any tips on how to keep lashes curled?

Hey girl! Keep them curled with mascara- it's like gel for lashes! xoxo

Kate G.