1 HOURS AGO These outfits totally making us miss summer: http://t.co/u8rBfa0cUc

2 HOURS AGO Who else is tired of their makeup fading after like one hour? We've got the beauty fix: http://t.co/Mm69I8dA4Z

3 HOURS AGO The Radio Disney Music Awards are next week! Get ready with @olivia_holt, @PeytonList & @SpencerBoldman: http://t.co/XT42Ztqijs

COMMENTS

GL's back-to-school beauty checklist

It’s almost the big day! The first day of school can make any girl feel like her tummy’s full of butterflies. We wanna make sure you’re prepped...

MOD MOD MOD I want to start wearing makeup now that i'm going into 7th grade and i'm finally at a public school. Problem; my mother likes for me to just wear lip gloss 1. how can i persuade her into letting me wear a bit more 2. the code of conduct at school says nothing too flashy can be worn on my face. so do you have any low costing brands to help me out? Btw, i'm dark skinned.
Nirvana Fan

Hey girlie,

First off, check out this article about getting mom to say "yes" to makeup: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/03/17/mom-allowing-makeup.aspx As for subtle makeup, you don't have to spend a lot to get a gorgeous look! It's all about choosing one part of your face to highlight. This means: if you choose a pop of color on your lips, don't add too much eyeliner/eyeshadow. Keep it simple with mascara. And if you choose eyeliner/eyeshadow, go simple on your lips with a nude gloss or lip balm. Try NYX, L'Oreal or Maybelline products! <3
Lauren C.

by nirvana fan on 8/16/2012 6:51:37 PM

SCHOOL ALREADY STARTED. so much help, gl.

by LuvYaBunches on 8/16/2012 6:35:10 PM

@ Kate G.
MOD AGAIN! UGH!! SORRY 2 BOTHER YOU AGAIN.. Dx
If I don't brush for 10-15, for some reason I feel like my breath stinks or my teeth is still unclean! ^-^ I ask my friends if my breath stinks like fish once and they said no, it smells like mint so I MIGHT give it a try to brush in 2 minutes! ;] Also, well I brush for 10-15 min my teeth becomes VERY shiny and WHITE!! I don't even need that Crest 3D White Whitestrips, Gentle Routine Dental Whitening! NO JOKE! Also also! haha! Also!! I woke up late for school in 7th grade on the last day of school so it was like, 7am and I brushed my teeth soo fast and dressed into a sundress and boots with my hair down straight with hairspray! It was like 7:15 when I was done!! xD When I'm late I hurry up like sonic the hedgehog fast, when I'm early I take my time too much! xD
That's a bad habit of mine!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article about how to banish bad breath - I think it'll really help! Smile

Lauren C.

by Susmita24 on 8/16/2012 5:46:09 PM

Too late...and why do people care so much with what they look like for school?

by topchef88 on 8/16/2012 5:46:04 PM

OMG!
CLUB Oh, Boy!
a custom officer position in a 30+ member club and growing?
unlimited guy advice? fast responding officers? and tonsa tips and talk? it's true.
xoxo cami

-on my profile -officer apps due the 18th

by camigal on 8/16/2012 5:26:12 PM

Oh, yay! I already have the Jergens lotions, face cleanser, and I have baking soda and strawberries! Thanks so much GL!! Laughing

by Inspiration on 8/16/2012 4:49:53 PM

modmodmod
i have carroty orange hair and i can't find any colors that look really awesome with it. besides that it's super frizzy and i can't do many hair styles with it. any suggestions?

Hey girl! Blues and greens will look AWESOME with your hair, you just have to find the right one.  Try some frizz control product and blow dry your hair once in awhile.  It might just be dry, so try some deep conditioner might help! xoxo

Kate G.

by nutmeg814 on 8/16/2012 4:48:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD (:
May I please have some tips (make-up, remedies, products, etc.) on getting rid of dark under eye circles? I had these circles under my eyes for years!
Thank you sooo much! (:

Hey chica! Try moisturizing your eyes at night and in the morning with eye cream (there are unexpensive ones at Target).  In the morning, put a cold metal spoon against your eyes to wake them up.  Put very light concealor (make sure it matches your skin very well and using only a little of it). xoxo

Kate G.

by awesomeness888 on 8/16/2012 4:41:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok I'm extremely pale. I'm not exaggerating when I say I am close to to color of a sheet of paper...anyways I live in a really sunny state and I don't tan at all! Self tanners don't work on me either...and people at school always say I'm way too pale and it's really annoying! What should I do????? ThanksSmile

Hey chica! You can try self tanners, there are some in stores that are sold for people with pale skin (try a test spot, like on your stomach where no one will see).  You could also let people know that you love your skin the way it is.  If you don't tan (and put on SPF, like you should), your chance of getting skin cancer goes down, you'll have les wrinkles later on, and your skin will be all around healthier feeling.  Whatever you do, keep on sportin' that SPF!

Kate G.

by paramoregurl on 8/16/2012 4:22:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have really pale skin (like a redhead complexion-- freckles and all, but I don't have red hair), and don't tan at all. Do you think that self tanner would work on me or would it just turn me orange?

Hey chica! You can try one of the lighter self tanners if you really want tanner skin (although I've learned to love my pale skin, and you will too!), but be careful and test it on your stomach before you try it on your whole body. xoxo

Kate G.