9 HOURS AGO The least awkward way to talk to your mom about sex: http://t.co/nJUDIv8mDL

12 HOURS AGO Throw the best #Friendsgiving feast ever: http://t.co/CfwBynu3mF

13 HOURS AGO How to get him to (finally) call you back: http://t.co/RGMLbQNyLi

COMMENTS

GL's back-to-school beauty checklist

It’s almost the big day! The first day of school can make any girl feel like her tummy’s full of butterflies. We wanna make sure you’re prepped...

I got E.L.Fs 32 eyeshadow pallet its amazing

by TeamAlice33 on 8/16/2012 2:59:32 PM

cute idea going to ues it thanks

by stargirl555 on 8/16/2012 2:33:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD- I really want to wear makeup to give me confidence, because I'm really chubby. My mom won't let me, because she thinks I'm going to put on wild eyeshadows and try to get tons of attention from boys but I'm not!! How do I tell her I only want a little bit that's barely noticeable to boost my self esteem?

Hey girlie! Try talking to your mom and telling her you want to try simple things like mascara and nude lip gloss.  If she has an idea of specific things you need, then she might be more okay with it.  If not, find other ways to boost your self esteem like remembering how smart you are or wearing awesome jewelry that you love. xoxo

Kate G.

by softballismyBFF on 8/16/2012 2:30:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
Next Friday I am getting the tips of my hair dyed sort of a dried blood red color (its sounds disgusting but I really love that color). I will have two days to get used to it before I go back to school. What other colors would go good with it so I can really make it stand out on the first day?

Hey chicky! Try a contrasting color like green or a dark, neutral color like blue to really make the color pop. xoxo

Kate G.

by awtechnofish on 8/16/2012 2:13:01 PM

I'm homeschooled so I dont really have to worry about that but I have classes in two different schools. Buy i have no idea what I'm gonna wear on the first day of those classes. Frown

by krazykaratechick on 8/16/2012 1:54:08 PM

Wait,I'm not sure how safe the strawberry baking soda thing is. Strawberries are full of sugar and sugar ruins the coating on your teeth making your teeth white,yes,but also ruining your teeth.But I may very well be wrong Smile I love this article though!

by iluvmusic♥ on 8/16/2012 12:51:28 PM

HAIR EMERGENCY!!!!!!!my hair is very dry idk y but how can i fix in into getting moisturized??PLZ HELP TY

Hey chica! Try using a little more conditioner next time you shower.  If that doesn't work, take an avocado and mash it up, then coat your hair in it.  It sounds gross, but if you leave it in for 10 minutes and then take a shower and rinse it out, the oil in the avocado will help moisturize your hair.  xoxo

Kate G.

by smileygirl555 on 8/16/2012 12:46:45 PM

I start school in exactly a week. and I have no clue what to wear. last year I wore a skirt with a cute top, but I felt like i was the only one that tried to look good. every other girl wore pants, so I was the only wearing a skirt. I have two pairs of jeans that are a little above the knee. ones white and the other one is a medium colored blue. and i just know what top! i cant ear spahgetti straps but I can wear those tanks that have thicker straps. also, will whitening toothpaste just work in a week?? I'm only 11 and can't use whitening strips. also, (sorry for so many questions!!) what else can I do to prep before School?? I can't wear makeup.
THANKS!! also, I want to thank all the mods for answering every girls question!!

Hey girl! Most whitening toothpastes take time to work, so they probably won't give you a shining white smile in a week.  Try brushing with a little bit of baking soda, I've heard that works!  As far as what to wear- rock what YOU'RE comfortable in- if that's a skirt then go for it! You can also try jeans with a cute sparkly tank or shorts and a cute graphic tee or sweater.  xoxo

Kate G.

by Gabbyw123 on 8/16/2012 12:34:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Tips on tweezing eyebrows? And how can I accesorize my school uniform?? I can't get a new
bag this year and our code is REALLY strict. Thanks for the help!

Hey chicky! Eyebrow teezing is a dangerous business, so proceed with caution.  If you haven't ever done it before, as your mom or check this article out for help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/19/how-to-perfect-eyebrows.aspx.  As for uniform accessorizing, try out little things like nail polish or rings.  I loved to wear one big piece (a big ring, a cool necklace, a neon cuff) when I wore a uniform.  It doesn't have to be a lot, but one piece can really spice up a uniform.  xoxo

Kate G.

by kittypryde676 on 8/16/2012 12:09:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
The first week of school me and a friend are staying with another one of our friends. both our moms are away on business. i am really nervous, because i feel like 3 is an awkward number to be with friends bcuz it feels like the other 2 are always talking and im left out. im very nervous about it!

Hey girl! When you get to your friend's house, have a few fun activities planned for yourself and for all three of you.  Remember, you guys will probably be exhausted after a couple days at school, so you might be happy to have a little bit of alone time.  If you come with things planned (a book to finish, a fun locker craft to make, or a movie you all can watch), you'll be able to make yourself part of the group and also be alone if you want to (or if you feel left out, you have something else fun to do that they might want to join in on).  Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.