1 HOURS AGO #FangirlAlert! We saw @TheVampsband & @AustinMahone and it was AMAZING: http://t.co/VudYOXE2oU

2 HOURS AGO #DIY bejeweled letter that will make your room **sparkle** http://t.co/YPRKZCSyIk

3 HOURS AGO If you have food allergies, then you know the struggle is real: http://t.co/nO9df9R6Au

COMMENTS

GL's back-to-school beauty checklist

It’s almost the big day! The first day of school can make any girl feel like her tummy’s full of butterflies. We wanna make sure you’re prepped...

MOD MOD MOD! I'm starting highschool in a few weeks and I really want to make a good impression. Problem is, we have marching band first thing in the morning. Which means changing clothes, rushed ponytails and sweat. I need some ideas for marching-band-proof hair and makeup. Any ideas? Thanks!!!
(P.S. I have straight, brown hair and brown eyes)

Hey girlie, make sure that all of your eye makeup is waterproof. That way when you sweat it won't run or come off. Bring your makeup with you so that you can do any touch ups after you're done. For your hair, ponytails can look cute. You can also do messy buns and braids. They won't get messed up from sweating or moving around, and they'll keep your hair out of your face.

Lauren T.

by rebecca18 on 6/30/2013 5:48:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My first day at high school is tomorrow...and I have no idea what to wear! I feel like I'm under a lot of pressure because I'm going to a new school, I'll see teachers I have never met and I have to get forms filled out and my bag packed, and it's freaking me out. Any ideas on what I can wear, and how I can calm down? Thanks in advance Smile

Hannah H.

by pokemon_girl11 on 9/3/2012 1:23:40 PM

Mod mod mod
Ok two questions.
1. My school starts in 3 days and I'm going into 9th grade... My mom has turned me down 3 times when I asked her if I could start shaving in the past. I feel as though I would be a lot more confident if I did... How can I get the confidence to ask her again and when should I ask her?
2. I have 6 people in my family and we all share one bathroom. I feel like my family touches and sometimes uses/ moves my stuff without permission, and it's always super cluttered in there with everyones different shampoo, body wash, etc. How can I keep my stuff separate? I was thinking using this little basket to put my shampOo, conditioner, body wash, face wash, etc in there and storing it in my closet and taking it when I shower. Is this a good idea? Thanks so much!!! Sorry this is really long!! Smile

Hey girl,

Here's a post about talking to our mom about shaving: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/05/27/shaving-talk-with-mom.aspx And as for your family, try talking to them about moving stuff and getting your own shower caddy. It will be easier to talk to them so they aren't offended. You could also keep it under the sink or on a shelf so that you don't have to keep it in your closet!

Meghan D.

by Daddy'sgrl12 on 9/1/2012 8:58:14 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD1MOD1MOD! What should I have for my P.E. locker because I always end up really sweaty and stinky after running or exercises!

Hey girl,

If a shower's not possible, I would suggest having deodorant and maybe facial cleansing wipes to get sweat out of your pores. And a clean outfit of course!

Meghan D.

by ChunkyBunky101 on 8/31/2012 9:40:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i start school in 6 days and i still don't have a first day outfit!!!!and i really need new clothes but i dont know how to ask my mom to take me shopping. what can i wear that is cute, comfy,but still looks like i didnt just throw something on? i was thinking maybe tie-dye purple shorts with a white shirt that has a silver rose in sequins on it. Do you think this will look right?! Thanks in advance!
P.S. i posted a comment a week ago telling girls not to use strawberries and baking soda on their teeth cause it could really damage them with a link to way better and safe ways to whiten instead but it hasnt shown up!!!!!!

Hey girl! The link didn't show up because we can't allow you girls to post links on our website.  Sorry! We can't be sure that all of the links people post are safe, so we have a rule that no one can post any.  As for school, your idea sounds super cute! Try it on and check it out to see if it works.  If it doesn't, consider swapping the tie dye shorts with a pair of regular cut offs or some cute colored skinnies! xoxo

by Pinkcupcakekitties on 8/29/2012 10:02:53 AM

Picture day is coming up and I need a lot of help.
First of all I have this red zit on my cheek.I'm not old enough to use make up yet, and I don't have any skin cleanser, zit zappers, and I don't feel comfortable popping my zit. Do you have any way that you would get rid of a zit?
Secondly, I have no idea what is should wear. I'm not really allowed to wear a skirt or dress, but if I ask my aunt she might let me. Is there any way I can dress up a
t-shirt and shorts though?

Hey chica! Try some toothpaste overnight to dry that zit out (use the paste, not the gel).  Try a cute necklace with your shorts and tee, it'll look dressed up but still be comfy! xoxo

by hbgirl2001 on 8/27/2012 10:39:21 PM

i wanna try the strawberry and baking soda thing but im not sure how much of each i should use. please help. And is there anything else i could do to whiten my teeth before i go back to school?(I start school tomorrow)

Hey girly, you shouldent need a lot. try two tablespoons of baking soda and 3 strawberries. Adjust if needed. Don't stress too much over the big day. Try a whitener today and just make sure to brush and floss before school tomorrow. xoxoxo.

Lauren I.

by fluffypants on 8/27/2012 2:21:15 PM

This will definitely help!!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hey girls! Need beauty/fashion advice?! Take tips from professionals in my new club Baylee's Beauty Beat! Hunny, you'll be looking fab in no time.

by BayleeBeautyQueen on 8/26/2012 11:19:59 AM

MOD
one of my teeth i think died from an accident, and it turned gray. how can i make it less noticeable? also, if i use the strawberries and baking soda to whiten my teeth, how will it affect my gray tooth?

Hey girl! I so wish I could offer some great advice. Unfortunately since I’m

not an expert on the matter, I don’t want to point you in the wrong

direction. Try having a chat with the good old ‘rents, or the dentist! I’m sure they’ll

be more than happy to help you get things squared away. xoxo

Carly S.

by 16paw on 8/23/2012 4:17:18 PM

Hey Mod,
well i wear skirts mostly because that is my religion but this one girl makes fun of me what do i do?

Hey chica! Let this girl know that you wear skirts because of your belief, and if she keeps teasing, talk to a teacher about it.  It is NOT okay for someone to pick on you because of what you believe in or how you choose to dress because of it. xoxo

by Nelie on 8/23/2012 3:41:36 AM

my teeth nare kind ove braces obviously u cant whiouy cant whiten your teeth when you have braces is ther a wasy to whiten my teeth with my braces

by sophiesue22 on 8/22/2012 6:10:10 PM

I tried the baking soda and strawberries, but it did nothing. how many strawberries and how much baking soda should i use???

Hey girl! So I'm not very familiar with technique, but I read somewhere that all you need is one strawberry and 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda! I'm not positive about this cause I've never tried it myself, but I'm definitely going to give it a try! Hopefully it works this time for you! xoxo
Carly S.

by sarahaqua17 on 8/22/2012 1:51:25 PM

Thx sooooooooooooooo much!

This is such a huge help! I'm printing this out for my first day definitely. You guys have been a huge help for BTS stuff. At first, I was like so scared I wouldn't have anything prepared for the first day but, now I do.

Thx again!

Katie Jo

by fashion_bug on 8/21/2012 10:35:58 PM

How to i turn into a beautiful social butterfly whene your home schooled???? PLZ HELP!! & where is a good place to pick up guys??

Hey girly! Talk to your parents about your home school community! Try getting together with other kids that are home schooled in your area! Other than that you can join a rec sports team in your area, try and meet neighbors, go to local events (near me they have teen ice skating nights)! You'll meet lots of nice boys and girls this way! xoxo

Carly S. Carly S.

by Jbug77 on 8/21/2012 4:03:51 PM

Mod,
I think I know what I'll want to wear for the first day-
- But it's a lot dressier than what I usually wear to school. Is there something I could do to feel less uncomfortable wearing this top to school?

Hey girl! Throw it on over some jeans or shorts, that'll dress the top down and make you more comfortable! xoxo

by silverroseart on 8/21/2012 7:54:51 AM

MOD MOD
i want to try makeup but i dont know what to get for the the "must haves" canyou pleas tell me and some tip on how to make it last all day long(at least 8-9 hours long)? thanks and also i have dark circles and how do they form and how to get rid of them?

Hey chicky! Dark circles form for a bunch of reasons, so try fixing them by drinking water, getting enough sleep, and moisturizing your under eyes.  For the "must haves", try mascara and lip gloss- the lip gloss is easy to reapply all day and mascara usually stays on until you take it off! xoxo

by btr211233 on 8/20/2012 11:07:20 PM

I'll. Be sure to have confidence, because then I can't care what anyone says about me

by peppercyndaquil13 on 8/20/2012 9:54:18 PM

OK so I think I'm getting close to my period but I'm not sure...I have been getting a lot of discharge... I have pads at my Dad's and some at my mom's house. What should I do??????

Hey girlie,

You can't speed it up and you can't predict exactly when it will come, so try to be patient! Having a lot of discharge (especially if it's clear/milky white) isn't the only thing that signals a period. Some girls have discharge for 2+ years before they get their period, so it's not a sure sign. You'll really know it's coming when your discharge looks brown or light red. So there's not much you can do - except being patient and waiting! <3

Lauren C.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/19/2012 3:29:40 AM

another whitening trick is baking soda and squeezed lime juice and you can brush your teeth right after to get the taste out
* T *

by imacuttie123 on 8/18/2012 1:26:55 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
So what you're saying is i can't brush my teeth before I whiten them?

Hey girl,

You should brush your teeth so they're clean, but you should wait at least a half hour (without eating anything) before whitening them.

Meghan D.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 9:52:11 PM

MOD!
Will the strawberry and baking soda thing mess up your teeth? Like, ruin them?

Hey girl,

It shouldn't hurt your teeth as long as you rinse it off afterward and don't do it more than once a week!

Meghan D.

by Inspiration on 8/17/2012 9:48:15 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
Lately, my nose has been really oily. I looked for oil blottng sheets at a pharmacy, but they were too expensive. What's a natural way to get rid of oil? Is there one?

Hey girl,

If your skin is oily, it is because your pores are clogged! Try using a blackhead clearing scrub with salicylic acid to reduce shine.

Meghan D.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 9:43:18 PM

Do we whiten our teeth before or after we brush our teeth?

Hey girl,

You can't usually whiten your teeth for half an hour after brushing your teeth, but they should still be clean!

Meghan D.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 9:33:29 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I can't decide between these two backpacks from PBTeen. want it to be trendy, pretty, yet fashinable and gorgeous. One is designed with lavender,purple, mint, green,light blue, blue, light pink and pink dots and the other is black with outlining white flowers with a few pops of pink,purple and green. Help!!!

Hey girl! Figure out which one will fit better in with the rest of your clothes so you don't clash with your backpack! xoxo

by Sarah510 on 8/17/2012 12:43:14 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Hello! I start high school on wednesday, and im very bold when it comes to outfits. I would like to wear an outfit thats different, but not negative attention different. My school is in a rural area, so a lot of people stick to tshirt, jeans, and cowboy boots. Well im a city girl at heart, so that will not do haha(: I was thinking i could wear a dark navy shirt with lace at the top, with dark floral print skinnys, with some 5" taupe ankle wedges. Do you think that is too bold of a first day outfit? Or will it do? Thanks!

Hey girly! It sounds like you have great fashion sense, but 5" heels are pretty big when it comes to the first day of school.  Do you have cute flats you could rock with your jeans and shirt?  If you've walked around a lot in the heels before, then def go for what you were planning! xoxo

by KaylieGurl663 on 8/17/2012 11:48:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
Quick question- those 3D whitestrips, are they good for ur teeth? Like i know they'll make ur teeth white and all but do they have weird and random side effects like everything else nowadays (like will it rub the enamel off ur teeth or something? I would love to use them but im scared they'll do something weird to my mouth!

Hey girl! They can irritate your gums and mouth a little and make it sensitive for a while, so if you have sensitive teeth you may want to stay away from them! xoxo

by Justmecheyenne on 8/17/2012 11:47:56 AM

too bad they don't make whitening strips for people with braces XP

by myfatsquirrel on 8/17/2012 11:39:53 AM

♥Hey Girlies!♥★If you need some advice on growing up stuff I'm your girl!★I give answers REALLY fast because I'm on all the time and I check my profile constantly!★And I give trustworthy advice that really works!★

by snagmonkey on 8/17/2012 11:22:12 AM

MOD
i use an eyelash curler everyday but it doesnt work. my eyelashes are gorgeous for 5 minutes then the curl comes out and u can barely see my curl. Tips? Ideas? Tricks?

by fairykari on 8/17/2012 11:18:07 AM

i have EXTREMELY short and BLONDE eyelashes. when i use mascara they just look like black stubs. ive tried lengthening mascara and i feel like it doesnt work. will my lashes grow anymore(im 14)? is there anything that will boost growth or make them look longer? should i try fake lashes or are they a hassle?
Hey chica! Fake lashes are a super big hassle for everyday. Unfortunately, things that grow eyelashes more have side effects and shouldn't be used by teenagers. You can try to use a eyelash curler, which might help them look longer. Good luck! xoxo
MOD
ive tried using eyelash curlers but they never keep there curl. are there any tips on how to keep lashes curled?

Hey girl! Keep them curled with mascara- it's like gel for lashes! xoxo

by fairykari on 8/17/2012 11:16:43 AM

Mod mod mod
Help! I have a huge audition to go to tomorrow, and my face is breaking out so bad. I'm not allowed to wear makeup, so I really need it to go away. I have two huge zits on my forehead, one on my nose, one next to my nose, and two small ones by my lower lip How do I make them as unnoticeable as possible by then? I know they can't be GONE by then, but I want to make them, like I said, as unnoticable as possible. Please help!

Hey chica! Apply zit zapper (there are TONS of options at drugstores) and a little bit of Visine if you have it.  that will reduce the red (but only use a little, and not by your mouth- it's poisonous to ingest!). xoxo

by Graciegang on 8/17/2012 10:35:44 AM

mod mod mod
please get back asap!!
so this sunday im going to an amusement park with my marching band and i plan on taking my crossbody bag but i dont know what to wear or pack in my cross body bag. please help. thanks!

Hey chica! Try thins article for what to wear.  Put sunscreen, a little bit of money, and water in your bag! http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/06/26/Headed-to-the-amusement-park-3-outfits-to-wear.aspx xoxo

by myth_lover on 8/17/2012 10:12:30 AM

This is one of the best articles! For the spoon thing, which side do we put on our eyes? Thanks!<3

Hey girlie! Put the back of the spoon on your eyes! xoxo

by EliseLovesMagazines on 8/17/2012 9:57:52 AM

Hey chica! Fake lashes are a super big hassle for everyday.  Unfortunately, things that grow eyelashes more have side effects and shouldn't be used by teenagers.  You can try to use a eyelash curler, which might help them look longer.  Good luck! xoxo

by fairykari on 8/17/2012 9:44:03 AM

modddd
So I heard that the E.L.F zit zapper doesn't work because spot treating acne doesn't work. Is that right or just a bunch of bologna?

Hey girl,

Everyone's skin is different, so the zit zapper might not have worked on someone's skin... but that doesn't mean it won't work on another girl's face! If you look up the ELF zit zapper at online retailers, it has great reviews (about 4-5 stars out of 5 everywhere you look). You could also look on YouTube for beauty reviews of this product. From what I can see, it looks pretty positive - so you could totally give it a try and see if it works for you! Smile

Lauren C.

by HannahJL on 8/17/2012 12:46:48 AM

Hey pretty girls!

Come check out my advice queen page and club Pretty Girl Problems! Smile

There is still one position open! Post on my page for more info!

xoxo
<3 Whitney

by beauty4girls on 8/17/2012 12:29:04 AM

i never thought of this be4 thx

by jadarocks2401 on 8/17/2012 12:10:33 AM

Lol, my mom bought me the 100 shade eyeshadow for Christmas. I love it!

by DrAmAxQuEeNx202! :) on 8/16/2012 10:57:33 PM

Awesome Advice! Thx GL! Xoxo

by doglover463 on 8/16/2012 10:55:14 PM

Modmodmod!!!! Okay so maybe 2 weeks ago I saw a link on GL where you could send your picture in and be considered for free modeling. Do you know where I could find a link for that???? I meant to print the page then but I forgot. Thank you soooo much!!!😄

Of course! Here ya go, girl!

Lauren C.

by Cait7221 on 8/16/2012 10:50:48 PM

Luv all the great ideas

by teddy678 on 8/16/2012 10:17:06 PM

MODMODMOD
What sort of makeup would be good for the first day of school? My eyes are greengraybrown, but I want to bring out the green. My BTS outfit is black, white, and lime. Thanks!

Hey girlie,

Since you have that pop of lime in your outfit, keep your makeup subtle and natural!  A chocolate brown eyeliner on the top lash line (blended out so it looks more natural) will be a great way to bring some quiet drama. Go with a shimmery gold or bronze on your eyelids to finish the eyes, then cap it off with a nude lip gloss! Smile
Lauren C.

by horselover303 on 8/16/2012 9:16:36 PM

No offense but the model looks like a dumb blonde. LOL. She's pretty though but she took the picture ugh... the wrong way.

by Noissap on 8/16/2012 9:07:01 PM

by Noissap on 8/16/2012 8:33:20 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
So I kind of want to...get noticed at school. I'm known as the quiet, bookish girl. I want to be...different. How can I change?

Hey girlie,

It's not good to go into the school year with the goal to "change" yourself. You are who you are! It's ok to be a little reserved and studious. Instead, try to challenge yourself to open up and be a little more comfy in your own skin. Check out this article for tips - I especially love the advice to push yourself and do something a little daring. Join a new club, set a big goal, talk to someone new or sit at a new lunch table. Just one little risk each day will mean a lot!

Lauren C.

by SelG4Ever on 8/16/2012 8:22:24 PM

Yah, the girl in the pic is sooooooooooooooooooo not photo shopped

by ColosalMascara on 8/16/2012 8:10:07 PM

Hey! So in two weeks, I have my first day of school. I would wear makeup, but I'm not allowed to at school-moustiurizer and a TINY bit of sheer lip gloss at the most. I'm also not allowed to wear tights, scarves, big earrings, or bring a water bottle to class unless it's EXTREMELY hot. What can I do to look good?
Thanks!

Hey girlie,

No biggie! You just have to think of ways to accessorize and express your style in smaller, more subtle ways. Try a pair of stud pearl earrings in a fun color like light pink, black, or purple. Pull your hair up in a ponytail using a hair tie with a pretty bow attached or a cool pattern, like these: http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2390209 Add a thin headband and leave your hair down. Try one or two gold bangles for a subtle jewelry look. You can do a lot, even with these rules! Just keep an open mind Smile
Lauren C.

by SelG4Ever on 8/16/2012 7:43:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD this sounds interesting. but could you quickly give a 'checklist' to girls with uniforms? please?

Hey girlie,

Thanks for your suggestion! In the meantime, check out these articles for ways you can jazz up that uniform Smile

(The items might not be in stock anymore since the articles are a little old, but you can still use them as inspiration for the next time you're at the mall! And check out the stores we recommend because they're always full of great back to school stuff!)
Lauren C.

by loppyears12 on 8/16/2012 7:40:52 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
I fell in complete love with this top I got for the first day of school. But it's a one shoulder top, with an extra spagetthi strap, and I don't know if it's allowed - here are my schools rules -
- Student dress should not detract from a productive, healthy and safe learning
environment at school. Some examples are:
-- Short shorts/skirts (Shorts/skirts should be of appropriate length, fit, and must cover the upper thighs and must be longer than the fingertip when arms are
fully extended along sides and fingers fully extended.)
-- Tank tops/halter tops (A two-inch wide shoulder strap minimum is required on all garment tops (tank tops must cover close to the underarm area).
I really want to wear it!!! I don't think I would get in trouble - I don' know anybody at my new school so I can' ask them.Help!!!

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like it fits your school's dress code. The one shoulder doesn't have a two-inch strap, so it's probably too revealing. Try pairing it with a structured blazer in a poppy color (yellow, red, royal blue) or a cardigan! Or make its big debut by wearing it with friends on the weekend Smile
Lauren C.

by Sarah510 on 8/16/2012 7:08:21 PM

my feet are really rough and have dead skin i dont know how to fix it i've tried sleeping in socks with lotion on my feet but its not working what do i do?

by frogspit on 8/16/2012 6:55:11 PM

MOD MOD MOD I want to start wearing makeup now that i'm going into 7th grade and i'm finally at a public school. Problem; my mother likes for me to just wear lip gloss 1. how can i persuade her into letting me wear a bit more 2. the code of conduct at school says nothing too flashy can be worn on my face. so do you have any low costing brands to help me out? Btw, i'm dark skinned.
Nirvana Fan

Hey girlie,

First off, check out this article about getting mom to say "yes" to makeup: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2010/03/17/mom-allowing-makeup.aspx As for subtle makeup, you don't have to spend a lot to get a gorgeous look! It's all about choosing one part of your face to highlight. This means: if you choose a pop of color on your lips, don't add too much eyeliner/eyeshadow. Keep it simple with mascara. And if you choose eyeliner/eyeshadow, go simple on your lips with a nude gloss or lip balm. Try NYX, L'Oreal or Maybelline products! <3
Lauren C.

by nirvana fan on 8/16/2012 6:51:37 PM

SCHOOL ALREADY STARTED. so much help, gl.

by LuvYaBunches on 8/16/2012 6:35:10 PM

@ Kate G.
MOD AGAIN! UGH!! SORRY 2 BOTHER YOU AGAIN.. Dx
If I don't brush for 10-15, for some reason I feel like my breath stinks or my teeth is still unclean! ^-^ I ask my friends if my breath stinks like fish once and they said no, it smells like mint so I MIGHT give it a try to brush in 2 minutes! ;] Also, well I brush for 10-15 min my teeth becomes VERY shiny and WHITE!! I don't even need that Crest 3D White Whitestrips, Gentle Routine Dental Whitening! NO JOKE! Also also! haha! Also!! I woke up late for school in 7th grade on the last day of school so it was like, 7am and I brushed my teeth soo fast and dressed into a sundress and boots with my hair down straight with hairspray! It was like 7:15 when I was done!! xD When I'm late I hurry up like sonic the hedgehog fast, when I'm early I take my time too much! xD
That's a bad habit of mine!

Hey girlie,

Check out this article about how to banish bad breath - I think it'll really help! Smile

Lauren C.

by Susmita24 on 8/16/2012 5:46:09 PM

Too late...and why do people care so much with what they look like for school?

by topchef88 on 8/16/2012 5:46:04 PM

OMG!
CLUB Oh, Boy!
a custom officer position in a 30+ member club and growing?
unlimited guy advice? fast responding officers? and tonsa tips and talk? it's true.
xoxo cami

-on my profile -officer apps due the 18th

by camigal on 8/16/2012 5:26:12 PM

Oh, yay! I already have the Jergens lotions, face cleanser, and I have baking soda and strawberries! Thanks so much GL!! Laughing

by Inspiration on 8/16/2012 4:49:53 PM

modmodmod
i have carroty orange hair and i can't find any colors that look really awesome with it. besides that it's super frizzy and i can't do many hair styles with it. any suggestions?

Hey girl! Blues and greens will look AWESOME with your hair, you just have to find the right one.  Try some frizz control product and blow dry your hair once in awhile.  It might just be dry, so try some deep conditioner might help! xoxo

by nutmeg814 on 8/16/2012 4:48:39 PM

MOD MOD MOD (:
May I please have some tips (make-up, remedies, products, etc.) on getting rid of dark under eye circles? I had these circles under my eyes for years!
Thank you sooo much! (:

Hey chica! Try moisturizing your eyes at night and in the morning with eye cream (there are unexpensive ones at Target).  In the morning, put a cold metal spoon against your eyes to wake them up.  Put very light concealor (make sure it matches your skin very well and using only a little of it). xoxo

by awesomeness888 on 8/16/2012 4:41:25 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Ok I'm extremely pale. I'm not exaggerating when I say I am close to to color of a sheet of paper...anyways I live in a really sunny state and I don't tan at all! Self tanners don't work on me either...and people at school always say I'm way too pale and it's really annoying! What should I do????? ThanksSmile

Hey chica! You can try self tanners, there are some in stores that are sold for people with pale skin (try a test spot, like on your stomach where no one will see).  You could also let people know that you love your skin the way it is.  If you don't tan (and put on SPF, like you should), your chance of getting skin cancer goes down, you'll have les wrinkles later on, and your skin will be all around healthier feeling.  Whatever you do, keep on sportin' that SPF!

by paramoregurl on 8/16/2012 4:22:58 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I have really pale skin (like a redhead complexion-- freckles and all, but I don't have red hair), and don't tan at all. Do you think that self tanner would work on me or would it just turn me orange?

Hey chica! You can try one of the lighter self tanners if you really want tanner skin (although I've learned to love my pale skin, and you will too!), but be careful and test it on your stomach before you try it on your whole body. xoxo

by Twilighter134 on 8/16/2012 3:05:50 PM

I got E.L.Fs 32 eyeshadow pallet its amazing

by TeamAlice33 on 8/16/2012 2:59:32 PM

cute idea going to ues it thanks

by stargirl555 on 8/16/2012 2:33:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD- I really want to wear makeup to give me confidence, because I'm really chubby. My mom won't let me, because she thinks I'm going to put on wild eyeshadows and try to get tons of attention from boys but I'm not!! How do I tell her I only want a little bit that's barely noticeable to boost my self esteem?

Hey girlie! Try talking to your mom and telling her you want to try simple things like mascara and nude lip gloss.  If she has an idea of specific things you need, then she might be more okay with it.  If not, find other ways to boost your self esteem like remembering how smart you are or wearing awesome jewelry that you love. xoxo

by softballismyBFF on 8/16/2012 2:30:22 PM

Mod Mod Mod Mod
Next Friday I am getting the tips of my hair dyed sort of a dried blood red color (its sounds disgusting but I really love that color). I will have two days to get used to it before I go back to school. What other colors would go good with it so I can really make it stand out on the first day?

Hey chicky! Try a contrasting color like green or a dark, neutral color like blue to really make the color pop. xoxo

by awtechnofish on 8/16/2012 2:13:01 PM

I'm homeschooled so I dont really have to worry about that but I have classes in two different schools. Buy i have no idea what I'm gonna wear on the first day of those classes. Frown

by krazykaratechick on 8/16/2012 1:54:08 PM

Wait,I'm not sure how safe the strawberry baking soda thing is. Strawberries are full of sugar and sugar ruins the coating on your teeth making your teeth white,yes,but also ruining your teeth.But I may very well be wrong Smile I love this article though!

by iluvmusic♥ on 8/16/2012 12:51:28 PM

HAIR EMERGENCY!!!!!!!my hair is very dry idk y but how can i fix in into getting moisturized??PLZ HELP TY

Hey chica! Try using a little more conditioner next time you shower.  If that doesn't work, take an avocado and mash it up, then coat your hair in it.  It sounds gross, but if you leave it in for 10 minutes and then take a shower and rinse it out, the oil in the avocado will help moisturize your hair.  xoxo

by smileygirl555 on 8/16/2012 12:46:45 PM

I start school in exactly a week. and I have no clue what to wear. last year I wore a skirt with a cute top, but I felt like i was the only one that tried to look good. every other girl wore pants, so I was the only wearing a skirt. I have two pairs of jeans that are a little above the knee. ones white and the other one is a medium colored blue. and i just know what top! i cant ear spahgetti straps but I can wear those tanks that have thicker straps. also, will whitening toothpaste just work in a week?? I'm only 11 and can't use whitening strips. also, (sorry for so many questions!!) what else can I do to prep before School?? I can't wear makeup.
THANKS!! also, I want to thank all the mods for answering every girls question!!

Hey girl! Most whitening toothpastes take time to work, so they probably won't give you a shining white smile in a week.  Try brushing with a little bit of baking soda, I've heard that works!  As far as what to wear- rock what YOU'RE comfortable in- if that's a skirt then go for it! You can also try jeans with a cute sparkly tank or shorts and a cute graphic tee or sweater.  xoxo

by Gabbyw123 on 8/16/2012 12:34:28 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!!!
Tips on tweezing eyebrows? And how can I accesorize my school uniform?? I can't get a new
bag this year and our code is REALLY strict. Thanks for the help!

Hey chicky! Eyebrow teezing is a dangerous business, so proceed with caution.  If you haven't ever done it before, as your mom or check this article out for help: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2007/11/19/how-to-perfect-eyebrows.aspx.  As for uniform accessorizing, try out little things like nail polish or rings.  I loved to wear one big piece (a big ring, a cool necklace, a neon cuff) when I wore a uniform.  It doesn't have to be a lot, but one piece can really spice up a uniform.  xoxo

by kittypryde676 on 8/16/2012 12:09:34 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
The first week of school me and a friend are staying with another one of our friends. both our moms are away on business. i am really nervous, because i feel like 3 is an awkward number to be with friends bcuz it feels like the other 2 are always talking and im left out. im very nervous about it!

Hey girl! When you get to your friend's house, have a few fun activities planned for yourself and for all three of you.  Remember, you guys will probably be exhausted after a couple days at school, so you might be happy to have a little bit of alone time.  If you come with things planned (a book to finish, a fun locker craft to make, or a movie you all can watch), you'll be able to make yourself part of the group and also be alone if you want to (or if you feel left out, you have something else fun to do that they might want to join in on).  Good luck! xoxo

by JoshHutchersonLover on 8/16/2012 11:51:10 AM

I might try the strawberry and baking soda thing

by luvblack216 on 8/16/2012 11:44:21 AM

I'm still trying figure out my make-up look and my outfit for the big day. Seeing this list has gotten me to be prepared. Can't wait!!!!

by Beach chick on 8/16/2012 11:43:35 AM

Hmmmm the E.L.F. zit zapper is cheap. Thanks for the checklist!

by Gabriella123 on 8/16/2012 11:28:05 AM

I'm going to get the e.l.f. zit zapper, eyelash curler, and lip gloss.

by monicaisfabuluz on 8/16/2012 11:20:04 AM

MODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD?
Okay so school starts for me at 7:30, I wake up at 6:30 just to get ready because just picking ut outfits makes me think blanky into space! idk if blanky's a word but anyways!! It takes me 10-15min to brush my teeth! I know it's weird but it's worth the t:me and makes my teeth whiter more longer! Laughing Just to eat breakfast, it takes 10 min and doing my hair, I have to think for 5 min and then I do a simple hair down! x( I waste some much t:me just staring into space but it takes my mind off of school for a while and getting up that early makes me sleepy so I just stare to get my sleepyness out...I want to wake up at 7am like my dad does to take me to school! I don't think I can do it in like 20 minutes! I'm supposed be like 5-10 min early for school so I'm not tardy or anything..PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I REALLY WANT TO BE SPEEDY AND FAST LIKE MY DAD!! Smile It would be great! Thanks anyways!

Hey girlie! Pick out your outfits the night before, that will automatically make your mornings easier.  10-15 minutes to brush your teeth is too much- you're probably brushing the enamel off! Try getting a timer and taking 2 minutes to brush your teeth (the amount of time dentists recommend).  You'vecut almost 20 minutes just with those two steps, and you'll feel better because you won't be so tired! xoxo

by Susmita24 on 8/16/2012 11:08:06 AM

another whitening tecnique (thats really weird but works) is using a banana peel and rubbing it against your teeth and letting the stuff sit on your teeth. then wipe it off with a paper towel and doing that for a week should make your teeth whiter.

by amileofroses on 8/16/2012 10:58:12 AM

My mom has the exact same Eye Shadow Palette, I wanna gte the elf zit zapper.. Smile Seems useful!

by Susmita24 on 8/16/2012 10:48:58 AM

mod mod mod mod mid
I am trying to figure out my first day outfit, I am going to wear skinny jeans and a plain shirt. I have darkish blue eyes what color shirt should I wear to make my eyes standout. Also I am going to have natural looking Makeup on as well. Thanks! Smile

Hey girl! Neutral colored shirts, like brown and gray will really make your eyes pop! xoxo

by favcolorgreen on 8/16/2012 10:35:57 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
What are other ways of whitening, I have a whitening toothpaste but it doesn't work much. Thanks! Smile

Hey girl! Try brushing with a little bit of baking soda to whiten your teeth! xoxo

by favcolorgreen on 8/16/2012 9:52:29 AM

Yay!!! This will totally help!

by hcl1610 on 8/16/2012 9:44:17 AM

This will totally help

by hcl1610 on 8/16/2012 9:43:49 AM

MODMODMODMODMOD
I have volleyball tryouts rightbefore the firt day of school! I have to get up at 5:30 am and what should I do to get ready for school in the 5/10 minutes to get ready?

Hey girlie! Make sure your clothes are planned out and wash your face after try outs.  Get a tinted moisturizer and some mascara, which will make you look fresh and awake.  Last but not least, pack some dry shampoo and conditioner to make your hair less gross from tryouts and have a quick hairstyle planned (like a braid). xoxo

by hcl1610 on 8/16/2012 8:20:23 AM

um, do you literally sit on a tube of mascara? i dont get it.

by emroxlol on 8/16/2012 4:07:29 AM

Hi! I think I gained some weight this summer especially around my waist and thighs. Do you have any tips to lose it before August 27th? Also, what is a nice formal dress?

Hey girlie! Losing anything more than a pound in 11 days is super dangerous, so focus more on getting back to healthy eating and exercise and the weight loss will come.  As for a formal dress, head to Macy's or Nordstrom's and they'll have lots of options for you! xoxo

by ballerina55 on 8/16/2012 3:34:48 AM

OMG! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! I'm going to public school for the first time in two weeks so this should come in handy!

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/16/2012 12:34:49 AM