11 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

14 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

15 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

Your down-there guide from A to V: GL's spill-all guide to your girly parts

Everyone’s got questions about down there. Our, uh, nether regions change every single day making this area harder to figure out than that last level of Angry...

MOD MOD MOD! Hey, so i have a pretty heavy period and sometimes i get like clumps of blood. Is this normal and is there any way to lighten your flow? Also, if it is the day before your period is supposed to end but it is still heavy, can it be possible it will stop on time?

Hey girlie, your clumps are normal and nothing to worry about. There's not any natural way to lighten your flow, but hormones like the birth control pill will effect how heavy your period is and sometimes make it lighter. It's unusual for your period to be heavy all the way through the end, so it might be lasting a little longer this cycle.

Lauren T.

by fashion21 on 2/13/2013 8:31:10 PM

my period came today during gym. before when i got it i didnt have P.E in that semester. but now i do. We do pretty intense activites and warm ups that leave me sore and achy even when im not on my period. Now it's worse. What can i do to reduce my cramps and aching in P.E. and generally all around?

Hey Girl, your period should not mess with what you can do. And although the achy feeling could be something you "grow out of" if it continues after you've had it a few times you might want to talk to your doctor. It's totally normal to feel tired and sore when aunt Flo comes to town, but nobody wants to feel that way. AS for the cramps, check out this link: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/16/Vitamin-D-might-just-cure-your-period-cramps.aspx

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 2/12/2013 3:59:48 PM

So I havent started my period but I have had discharge. So rhe other night I was using the bathroom and I looked down and was like WHOA, I had blood on my panishield(I wear panishields because I dont want the discharge to stainmy underwear) and I washed down there and changed underwear and showed my mom and she said just put another panishield on and we will see in the morning sothe whole entire next day I hardly had discharge!!! It was kinda random, so idk if this is regular but what was that about??? haha thanks so much(:

Hey girlie,

I'm not sure, but I would talk to your mom about it since she was there and can help you better know if it was your period or not.

Meghan D.

by nazirah817 on 2/11/2013 6:54:39 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/11/2013 6:48:51 PM

by rockchik333 on 2/11/2013 5:55:55 PM

I noticed dark patches of skin on my bikini line, what is it and how do I get rid of it?!

Hey girlie,

It might be dry skin or razor burn--I would try putting lotion on it, but if it doesn't go away I would ask your mom or a doc!

Meghan D.

by missykp on 2/11/2013 5:54:58 PM

GL has the best advice! Thanks! Smile

by purplerainn on 2/11/2013 5:11:51 PM

Mod mod mod
Under U what is a glandular? And what do you mean by a doctor can take care of it?

Hey girl, the word glandular is an adjective that is probably referring to an endocrine gland that releases hormones.  If you have a glandular issue, a doctor will be able to help diagnose and treat it.
Karin E.

by becca<3's you on 2/11/2013 11:52:01 AM

Hey girl, refer to this post: "What the heck is discharge, anyway?"  If you still have questions, talk with your Mom, a nurse, or an adult you trust.  Hope this helps!

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 2/11/2013 9:13:52 AM

Last month, I had to get a vaccine for HPV (i think thats what its callled) when i was reading the paper they give you, i thought it kinda sounded like an STD. I'm only 12, so I asked why i needed to have it now. my mom just kinda avoided it and said she didn't know. I'm obviously not sexually active, so why did i need it then instead of when i become older like 17 or 18? (not that i plan becoming active at that age o_o)

hey Girl, you actually have to get multiple shots for the vaccine to work and is recommended for your age group because it is before you are sexually active. It will benefit you the most if given to you at this age. If  taken at the right age, it will  prevent other HPV related diseases and cancer too.

Hannah H.