13 MINUTES AGO Thanksgiving is official over—time to get started on these cute & cheap Christmas crafts: http://t.co/GK9eNSsGDn

3 HOURS AGO 4 things that could cause serious probs "down there" http://t.co/py0Tymr2JB

4 HOURS AGO The real reason your ex doesn't wanna be friends after the breakup: http://t.co/BQy2Q6DFT5

COMMENTS

Your down-there guide from A to V: GL's spill-all guide to your girly parts

Everyone’s got questions about down there. Our, uh, nether regions change every single day making this area harder to figure out than that last level of Angry...

UM this is the first i have ever left a comment. so i guess im supposed to say this:
MOD MOD MOD!! (lol im confused) I just finished my period on monday and right now its friday and i'm having cramps! like really uncomfortable not extremely horrific but it still hurts pretty bad. Is there something wrong with me? Im really really nervous. and if there is im extremely embarrassed to tell my mom or anyone else.. Im just super shy.. Please help im pretty freaked out. thanks, kkheartspink''

Hey girl!  If there's one thing I can guaruntee about periods its that no two are ever the same so if your feelin a lil crampy post-period that's totally OK. Grab a heating pad to help ease cramps. But to look out for your best interests, it's always important to tell a trusted adult. Even if your not total BFFs with your mom she'll know exactly what to do whether that's to schedule an appointment with the doc or anything else cause who knows you better than she does!? Your period is nothing to be embarrassed about, we've all been there girl, so start speaking up now to prevent feelin embarassed and make sure you get the help you need. For starters before talking to your mom check out http://www.girlslife.com/tag/period.aspx... hope you feel better!
Jenn S.

by kkheartspink on 11/23/2012 5:28:33 AM

Yesterday moring I woke up wit a lil bit of blood in my undies. I have never had my period, how soon do you think it will come? And yesterday and today I fell so congested does this have anything to do with my period coming up? In my lower part of my stomach I have like a growing pain feeling there. I'm not really sure how cramps feel could that be them?

hey girl! it sounds like Aunt Flow might just be on her way...make sure you've got pads/tampons at the ready!

xoxo

Katie L.

by nike741 on 11/21/2012 1:39:55 AM

If your lip flaps already stick out does it mean that they will stick out even more as you get to be an older teen. And when it comes to color why are some of us more pinkish and some of us brown? My friend told me your flaps are more brown if you have a lot a friction from rubbing on your underwear.

by fashionqn on 11/15/2012 6:29:50 PM

Kay so..this is kind of awkward. For a while I've Been seeing that white stuff in my undies. It's been happening for a while and sometimes it's pretty heavy. Is this some sort of notification that my period is on the way??

Hey girl, yes, definitely! That's called discharge, and it tends to come before periods. Have pads ready. Your period may not come tomorrow, but it will come in the near future.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by kenbon on 11/12/2012 6:56:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Ok. I started my period when I was 11 and I'm 12 but it had not been a year I sated on my birthday witch is September 3 and I went to the bathroom and I wiped and the was blood like always so I went to flush the tolit and I saw like dry blood at the bitten is this normal????? Awsner me ASAP!!!!!!!

Hey Girly, It is totally normal for a girl to get her period and then for it to not be regular or go a long period of time before she gets it again.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Savannah278 on 11/6/2012 10:22:40 AM

DX ok this is very awkward for me and i don't want to ask my mom or my bff for me it's just WAY to weird awkward, when i go to the bath room...my under where has this weird stuff on it i guess it's kinda clear but it happens on everyone of my Undy's. But it's also kinda wet and sometime's uh..a bit sticky i guess you could say and it feels weird...Should i be worried or not?

Hey girlie, no need to freak. The stuff your finding on your underwear is discharge and it's totally normal.  Everyone gets this during puberty.

Lauren I.

by Oceansun on 11/5/2012 11:48:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so today I got my period and it was really heavy and I went pee and saw blood In my urine but I just think it's cuz of the blood from my period. Should I be concerned?!

hey girl! when you're on your period and you pee, you will see blood. think about it, wouldn't it be silly if you didn't?! the blood is coming from the same general area that pee does, so they're bound to both end up coming out when you use the bathroom. no need to be concerned! Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by KatieBieber on 10/30/2012 4:09:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay Im kinda freakin out. I was going to the bathroom and when I wiped I noticed blood. And it wasnt my regular period blood, so I checked myself inside and out "down there" and I noticed that inside one of my.....um....flaps I guess..... there was this thing that kinda looks like a blackhead but bigger, about the size of a pea. Should I be worried?????? Because Im kinda scared. And it would be weird to go to a doctor and have him check out down there like inside....

Hey hermionelover, mhmm that is a little weird. I'm wondering why a bump that big was down there and bleeding. It could go away on its own, but you don't want it to get worse and spread. I would schedule an appointment with your doctor just to be on the safe side. Maybe ask if you can get a female to check you out. No worries, I was checked down there by a male, and there was an assistant in the room so it was fine. Hope this helps and you feel better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by hermionelover on 10/28/2012 3:21:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD*********************Hey Smile ok so I know that this is kind of a weird question.... But I have a LOT of hair "down there". And I'm not quite sure what to do about it. It wouldn't really bother me,but I'm a competitive gymnast. So when ever I have to do something where I split my legs, it shows. It is very awkward for me, and wearing shorts isn't really an option because we aren't allowed to. I have tried shaving it but it grows back really fast!! Or little red bumps show up all over. It is kind of growing down the insides of my thighs and it is very embarrassing!! Please help me!!!!!! Thanks in advance!! Smile

Hey girl,

I would try to trim it with a scissors before shaving, and shave in the direction of the hair growth to avoid irritation and those bumps. You could also try a product like Nair.

Meghan D.

by gymnastky on 10/21/2012 12:12:20 AM

Mod! Mod!

Hey girl,

That sounds pretty normal, but you can talk to your mom or a doc to be sure!

Meghan D.