1 HOURS AGO Rockin' workout clothes you can sport outside of the gym: http://t.co/sDhSkbCVCU

13 HOURS AGO Can girls make the first move—or is that weird? http://t.co/tgtlB9KNYl

16 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 1 Western chick wrangles these @BuccoCapensis navy boots: http://t.co/o8FUIQYMbr

COMMENTS

Your down-there guide from A to V: GL's spill-all guide to your girly parts

Everyone’s got questions about down there. Our, uh, nether regions change every single day making this area harder to figure out than that last level of Angry...

MOD, MOD, MOD!
I can't find my vagina! This problem made me afraid of using tampons.

Hey girl,

This is totally normal, but you will get the hang of knowing your bod and using tampons eventually! Until then, it's fine to use pads! Ask your mom for help and to show you how to use tampons, or you can talk to her about scheduling an appointment with a doctor or gynecologist to talk about your body.

Meghan D.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 10:20:27 PM

Mod
I am 14 and my mom wants to bring me to a gynecologist and I.was just wondering what I should expect and what type of questios they will ask or things they will do. Thanks a lot

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to be nervous before your first gyno visit! Check out this post for the low-down of what to expect. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/Gynowhat.aspx

Meghan D.

by Cecgirl98 on 8/17/2012 10:19:26 PM

MOD
I have ingrown hair all over my calves >< There's so much it almost looks like freckles. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to buy expensive creams or exfoliaters.

Hey girl, first you should skip shaving for a little while (if you haven't already) to give those hairs time to work their way out. Then, try soaking the area with a warm wet washcloth and some epsom salt. If they don't come out on their own, talk to a parent about taking a trip to the doctor.

Lauren I.

by PuppetPrincess on 8/17/2012 4:33:46 PM

((comment edited by mod))

Hey girl,

First off, sorry for deleting your comment - I know we've talked about versions of this on GL.com before (like if using a tampon means you're not a virgin anymore), but we want to make sure GL is a safe, non-offensive place for girls of all ages so I edited your comment... better safe than sorry Smile To answer your question, the definition of "sex" is different for everyone. Usually though, that includes it with girls or guys. I'm sorry the answer isn't super informative - but if you have other questions, you should ask a trusted adult, health teacher, doctor/nurse, or someone else offline so you can get a straight answer that is appropriate for you <3
Lauren C.

by Selassie on 8/17/2012 12:13:09 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
ive had discharge for like 6 months and my pubic hair started growing 2 YEARS ago along with my boobs. Do you think my period will come soon? Oh and this was in the A/M12 issue. Just so ya know lol

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately there's no way for us (or anybody - not even your doctor!) to predict exactly when you'll get your period. You sound like you're right on track for puberty which is awesome, but beyond that we can't tell you when your period will get here Frown It could be next month or two years from now - or maybe more. Girls get their first periods at all ages, from 10 to 12 to even 16 sometimes. Try to be patient and spend this time learning all about your period so you can be 100% prepared when it comes! Smile
Lauren C.

by YayaYuiki on 8/16/2012 6:06:47 PM

Im A cheerleader & scared to break my hymen is it a bad thing ?

by Jenni_Sans on 8/16/2012 5:52:21 PM

mod
This is a weird question, but I have had my period for awhile. Like at least 2 years...I don't know if 3. Anyways, I still have discharge. It's like if I don't have my period its discharge. I wear panty liners all day everyday. Does it ever go away?

Hey girlie,

Discharge is the way "down there" cleans itself and protects itself from infections, so no it actually doesn't ever stop. It can vary in "flow" just like a period (sometimes it can feel drier than others), but it never really goes away. And that's healthy!
Lauren C.

by topchef88 on 8/16/2012 5:39:07 PM

MOD
Im having night discharges, what do I do?

Hey girlie,

Discharge is the way "down there" cleans itself and protects itself from infections, so there's nothing to really do about it. It can vary in "flow" just like a period (sometimes it can feel drier than others), but it never really goes away. But it's normal and healthy!
Lauren C.

by Prettyme123 on 8/16/2012 5:32:20 PM

MOD
I had discharge about a week ago, and it was REALLY heavy. And I mean I think i should wear a pantiliner, but my mom says no. Should i wear one anyways when i have discharge??

Hey girlie! As long as you change your underwear every day and wash it, there's no reason to wear a panty liner.  It's all about personal comfort though, so if you feel like you NEED to, you can. xoxo

Kate G.

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/16/2012 3:25:46 PM

is it really bad to break your hymen?!?!?!

Hey girl! breaking your hymen isn't bad, you can do it if you're doing gymnastics, if you are a cheerleader, or if you ride horses (or bikes!).  It doesn't do any damage, so don't worry about trying to keep it from breaking. xoxo

Kate G.