2 HOURS AGO Kick your costume up a notch with 6 Halloween beauty DIYs: http://t.co/1KW6HBlNQb

3 HOURS AGO Put THIS on your pie: http://t.co/7BjsohLMXk

4 HOURS AGO You've never had a crush...should you be worried: http://t.co/HCuRItau98

COMMENTS

Your down-there guide from A to V: GL's spill-all guide to your girly parts

Everyone’s got questions about down there. Our, uh, nether regions change every single day making this area harder to figure out than that last level of Angry...

I have a freckle in my vagina and Im 15. I just noticed it now with exploring. Is it normal? my mom says it is and Im not sure. I have mega anxiety! Please tell me the best answer to get rid of my fears and help me get on with my life with out thinking its more than a freckle! I keep bringing it up up up.

Lynae P.

by shevari on 6/23/2013 9:38:09 PM

I wonder if they will ever have a guide app. like this, it would be really helpful because we all have so many questions.

And just because you ride a bike doesnt mean you are not a virgin, the only way you arent a virgin is through having sex. But riding a bike or a horse a lot can break our hymen, but even if that breaks it doesnt mean you arent a virgin, it just means you wont have to worry about your hymen breaking later when doing things.

by fashionqn on 6/10/2013 8:53:16 PM

so.. I really need your help! im 17, & I still haven't had my period. my boobs & butt is huge! but my period isn't here! Im a runner. ive been to the doc, she said 'its norm" help!

Hey girlie,

If your doc said you're normal, I don't think you have anything to worry about Smile Your period will come when your body is ready!

by aradocha on 6/6/2013 9:44:43 PM

I am 12 years old turning 13 on December. I have been in puberty for about 2 years or so, I had all the signs of periods... No I haven't gotten my first period yet. I had discharges for 4 months already. The problem is that i am scared to get it. I have had cramps (it doesn't hurt so much just a little but I could handle it) i am scared that my first time is going to hurt. I want to get it but at the same time I don't. A lot of my friends got it so I want to get it but from everything I hear I don't want to get it. I am scared that I might even get it during school. So is it normal to be scared? Can I get it when I am in the water cause I usually go to the water park and pool a lot during summer and I don't want to get it when I am in the water. Can that happen? I am freaking out....please please help!

by Julie-loves-music on 6/5/2013 1:59:26 PM

Hey! you really should talk to your doctor to be sure, but it could be this Helen S.

by Girlzrock123 on 5/30/2013 7:51:10 PM

I was biking for a long time and I went to the bathroom and there was some blood. I thought it was my period even though I just got my last one two weeks before. It only lasted for a day, I had no PMS and I got my next one two weeks later. Could this mean I'm not a virgin??

by karenluvscats on 5/26/2013 9:48:37 PM

Um I was riding my bike for a long time and went to the bathroom and there was some blood. I thought it was my period even though I just had my last period two weeks before. The blood only lasted for a day, I had no PMS and I got my next period two weeks later. Could this mean I'm not a virgin??

by karenluvscats on 5/26/2013 9:44:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I am not sure if I got my period or not. I got a big rusty red stain in my undies, but then there was nothing after. Is this my period?

Hey daddy'sgirlxoxoxo, mhmm you said it was rusty. That may have been something else. Your period is constant blood flow. See if anything happens tomorrow. Hope this helps! Xoxo Smile

Lynae P.

by daddysgirlxoxoxo on 5/7/2013 6:16:50 PM

How would i trim the hair down there without it irritating? Not all of it just the stuff that sticks out of my underwear. I tried to shave it but i got nicked! and i used an electric shaver thats nvever supposed to nick! Could it be that the shaver was clogged?

by sparkles909 on 5/6/2013 7:30:26 PM

Shaving there!

I think it can be awkward talking to our moms about shaving down there that is why we need GL. But it may be awkward because it deals with our 'down there' not just because its about shaving. I think most of our moms realize most girls our age either completely shave down there or shave and trim a lot of it. I dont think our grandmothers ever had to deal with it but I think our moms did and do. There are a lot of great products you can buy to help with it and even guys are starting to do it, at least that what a program on tv said.

by fashionqn on 4/13/2013 11:13:51 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
Where exactly do you put a heating pad for cramps? Cause I know it's supposed to be on your lower abdomen but IDK where that is and do I have to like press the heating pad there or do I just leave it?

Hey girlie,

I would put it on your lower back or below your stomach, wherever the cramps are hurting you. You could sit or lie with it on for a little while and then take it off after the pain eases. Feel better!

by DMlover123 on 3/23/2013 12:32:53 AM

So what exactly is discharge and why do we get it? I started to get discharge in june so almoost a year ago and I am still getting it!Sometimes there is a lot and I have to change underwear does that mean I might be getting my period soon?

by Mina13 on 3/11/2013 5:38:07 PM

Ok so if I started getting dischagre in like end of October. Becoming of November I might get my period soon

by littledevil3012 on 3/8/2013 4:55:43 PM

Don't BE Freaked Out!
roixxy,

Hannah H.

by fashionqn on 2/28/2013 1:57:12 PM

okay so I've got a couple questions.
1: my upper thighs and but cheeks sweat ATOT to the point where Afterclass I'm embarrassed to get up because my butt sometimes even looks wet. Is there anything I can do to stop this and is it normal?
2: so down there I have my lips and then I have something else next and it's HUGE I have never my moms,sisters, and my friends vaginas look nothing like mine! I'm really embarrassed and I'm too embarrassed to wear sweats because its so long it looks like a have a penis :/ please answer...thank you

Hey girl! about your thighs/butt...I'd ask your doctor, he'd definitely know what was up! I don't want to give medical advice in case I'm wrong, so definitely ask a doc. There's something next to your vagina? Or directly inside your vagina? Directly inside would be your labia, but on the exterior of your genitals...once again, visit your doc. I'm assuming it isn't actually a penis, because by now you and your doc and fam would know about this. It's called being a hermaphrodite, when you have both male and female genitalia. Once again, visit the doc Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by roxizzy on 2/27/2013 12:58:14 PM

MOD

Hey girlie,

I so wish I could offer some great advice. Unfortunately since I’m not an expert on the matter, I don’t want to point you in the wrong direction. Try having a chat with the good old ‘rents. I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to help you get things squared away.     , Your Blog Patrol Babes

by Aubreylynn614 on 2/16/2013 11:57:59 PM

He's always making a laugh in class with me being funny and all. Since we sit together we do our work together. We have conversations and the teacher tells us to stop talking. Sometimes we look at each other, smile, and look away. I was being weird and he called me weird whilst laughing. Today i pointed out something in our science book i thought was cool and he told me he worries about me, joking of course. Today he gave me his candy that the teacher handed out in class. I'm not very good at this, but do you think he might like me? Thanks. x

Hey Piercethecookie, yes he definitely likes you girly. Smile Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Piercethecookie on 2/15/2013 8:29:52 PM

The VERY first time i got my period was the day after thanksgiving. The second time i got it was december 21st. I haven't gotten it at all since then, and its like the middle of febuary. is that normal?

Hey girlie! It's pretty normal to have an erratic schedule when you're first starting your period. Additionally, stress levels and weight loss/gain can also affect your cycle. That being said, I would still talk to your doctor about it first chance you get, just in case it's something more serious.
Florence N.

by mayanunna on 2/15/2013 4:14:35 PM

Hey, i constantly have embarrassing underwear lines whenever i wear leggings or yoga pants. A lot of my friends wear thongs so they don't have those lines, and i really want to get a pair. How can i ask my mom if i can buy one? I just want to get rid of underwear lines, not be sexy in any way.

Hey girlie! I would tell your mom just what you posted here: that the only thing you're really concerned about is undie lines. If she says no, or if she still isn't convinced, you might want to look into getting a couple pairs of no-line undies instead. I've heard those work pretty well too. Good luck!
Florence N.

by the band geek on 2/15/2013 4:08:08 PM

Much needed A to V Guide. I think one of the biggest issues we have is wondering if we look normal down there. You hear and see so much about the different surgeries and how to shave, trim, make it look better and this and that that you just wonder what is normal looking. Reading about the "funky folds" cleared some things up. And just because we may have our labia flaps and skin that hangs down and may be a different and darker color doesnt mean something is wrong or abnormal.

by fashionqn on 2/14/2013 5:52:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD! Hey, so i have a pretty heavy period and sometimes i get like clumps of blood. Is this normal and is there any way to lighten your flow? Also, if it is the day before your period is supposed to end but it is still heavy, can it be possible it will stop on time?

Hey girlie, your clumps are normal and nothing to worry about. There's not any natural way to lighten your flow, but hormones like the birth control pill will effect how heavy your period is and sometimes make it lighter. It's unusual for your period to be heavy all the way through the end, so it might be lasting a little longer this cycle.

Lauren T.

by fashion21 on 2/13/2013 8:31:10 PM

my period came today during gym. before when i got it i didnt have P.E in that semester. but now i do. We do pretty intense activites and warm ups that leave me sore and achy even when im not on my period. Now it's worse. What can i do to reduce my cramps and aching in P.E. and generally all around?

Hey Girl, your period should not mess with what you can do. And although the achy feeling could be something you "grow out of" if it continues after you've had it a few times you might want to talk to your doctor. It's totally normal to feel tired and sore when aunt Flo comes to town, but nobody wants to feel that way. AS for the cramps, check out this link: http://www.girlslife.com/post/2012/03/16/Vitamin-D-might-just-cure-your-period-cramps.aspx

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 2/12/2013 3:59:48 PM

So I havent started my period but I have had discharge. So rhe other night I was using the bathroom and I looked down and was like WHOA, I had blood on my panishield(I wear panishields because I dont want the discharge to stainmy underwear) and I washed down there and changed underwear and showed my mom and she said just put another panishield on and we will see in the morning sothe whole entire next day I hardly had discharge!!! It was kinda random, so idk if this is regular but what was that about??? haha thanks so much(:

Hey girlie,

I'm not sure, but I would talk to your mom about it since she was there and can help you better know if it was your period or not.

by nazirah817 on 2/11/2013 6:54:39 PM

by nazirah817 on 2/11/2013 6:48:51 PM

by rockchik333 on 2/11/2013 5:55:55 PM

I noticed dark patches of skin on my bikini line, what is it and how do I get rid of it?!

Hey girlie,

It might be dry skin or razor burn--I would try putting lotion on it, but if it doesn't go away I would ask your mom or a doc!

by missykp on 2/11/2013 5:54:58 PM

GL has the best advice! Thanks! Smile

by purplerainn on 2/11/2013 5:11:51 PM

Mod mod mod
Under U what is a glandular? And what do you mean by a doctor can take care of it?

Hey girl, the word glandular is an adjective that is probably referring to an endocrine gland that releases hormones.  If you have a glandular issue, a doctor will be able to help diagnose and treat it.
Karin E.

by becca<3's you on 2/11/2013 11:52:01 AM

Hey girl, refer to this post: "What the heck is discharge, anyway?"  If you still have questions, talk with your Mom, a nurse, or an adult you trust.  Hope this helps!

Karin E.

by redvelvetluv on 2/11/2013 9:13:52 AM

Last month, I had to get a vaccine for HPV (i think thats what its callled) when i was reading the paper they give you, i thought it kinda sounded like an STD. I'm only 12, so I asked why i needed to have it now. my mom just kinda avoided it and said she didn't know. I'm obviously not sexually active, so why did i need it then instead of when i become older like 17 or 18? (not that i plan becoming active at that age o_o)

hey Girl, you actually have to get multiple shots for the vaccine to work and is recommended for your age group because it is before you are sexually active. It will benefit you the most if given to you at this age. If  taken at the right age, it will  prevent other HPV related diseases and cancer too.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by mayanunna on 2/7/2013 4:47:10 PM

MoDmOdMoD

Hey girlie,

I think that's normal, but there's no harm in checking with a doc to be sure!

by Vegetariansrule on 2/1/2013 6:50:29 PM

Are there things we do that affects our periods, like sports and exercise? And what about when we start having sex, does that affect our period because people have told me that it can for some of us. I know when you are on the pill it affects it but what about if you arent on bc, I wonder if it affects it then.

by fashionqn on 1/20/2013 1:39:57 AM

Modmodmod
Ok so I am 11 and i don't know if I am having discharge or not. Often when I wipe it feels kinda slimy and sometimes there is the tiniest bit on my underpants. It started like 2 weeks ago, but I kinda rememder having a lot of it in my underpants like a year or two ago. Could I possibly have had a lot of discharge then it stops for like 6 months to a year and now do you think it's starting again?

Helen S.

by vegetariansrule on 1/19/2013 9:57:17 AM

Im 12 and it smells when i strech for basketball and dont tell me im the only one who notices because people have been talking about a smell but they don know it is me. i use summers eve but it doesnt work. AT ALL! PLEASE HELP

by rubarb1234 on 1/14/2013 11:08:57 PM

MODMODMOD

my sister noticed once when she was close to me???

by olivia19 on 1/7/2013 12:32:30 PM

MOD!MOD!MOD!
i kinda of smell sometimes down there what do i do??
i take a shower everyday but it still smells? what do i do ?? and when i am out in public what do i do?
i also have a little blood on the toilet paper when i go .it hapeen once a month another mod said it was a mini period .well i have not had anything for 5 months??
thanks

Hey girl,

The smell your smelling might not be as obvious to others as it is to you, so don't freak. Just make sure you're keeping it clean (wash every time you're in the shower, just like you do the rest of your body). xoxo
Alexis G.

by olivia19 on 1/7/2013 11:14:03 AM

Mod mod mod

Hey girl, check out this page and see if it helps:

We have loads of info on your bod to help ya out! , Your Blog Patrol Babes

by Lbradshaw35 on 1/4/2013 10:07:11 PM

Okay, so I switched to tampons this summer. I love using them and they are way better than pads. I'm quite the pro with them now, but my last period has left me nervous. I noticed that it was getting hard to take out my tampons and was hurting a little. The odd thing is, all those times, the tampon was fully absorbed with blood, so it should have been easy to take it out... well, I tried it again, but when I tried to pull it out, the tampon was out, but a small tubular thing was hooked onto it. The tube-like thing is now visible outside my vagina. It is kinda small, pale, and totally freaking me out. It isn't painful, I'm not sexually active, but I just want to know what it is. Please help. Oh, and I know it isn't a prolapse. None of the symptoms fit. Thanks.

Hey lbradshaw35, mhmm I think what you're describing is a septate hymen. Which is basically just some extra skin tissue making that tube structure. Lots of girlies have it so no worries. You're completely normal Smile. That's why it hurts taking your tampon out. I would let a parent know so a doctor can check it out. Lots of girlies get minor surgery to remove it. No worries if you got the surgery it would be painless (trust me I've had a little operation done down there before). Xoxo

Lynae P.

by lbradshaw35 on 1/4/2013 1:38:29 AM

Okay so I have a question(s) that was not answered, and I can't ask my mom, ok so just one side down there hurts, and it goes all the way to my hip. Is this "normal? My other question is it normal to have many small bumps on the labia minora? I am pretty sure they are not an STD as I have never had intercourse. But i still want to check, my next doctor's appointment isn't for awhile either.

hey girl! I know it's awkward to talk about this sort of stuff with your mom, but you might want to on this one. Shes your mother, shes seen it all before! Over the internet I can't completely help you, so I really think you should talk to her or an older sister or cousin. Or, schedule a visit with your doc on your own. They have doctor-patient confidentiality, so if you ask them, they wont tell your parents anything.

good luck! xoxo

Katie L.

by WolfWinterCry on 12/24/2012 3:28:44 AM

Ok so I noticed a bump down south... It is kind of white. What is it? Also, My discharge has turned kind of brown. I'm not on my period and I wanna know what's going on!

Hey girlie, the bump could be a zit. If things don't seem to get better on their own then you should think about seeing a doctor to make sure it's nothing serious.

Lauren T.

by teagarden on 12/23/2012 7:49:56 PM

UM this is the first i have ever left a comment. so i guess im supposed to say this:
MOD MOD MOD!! (lol im confused) I just finished my period on monday and right now its friday and i'm having cramps! like really uncomfortable not extremely horrific but it still hurts pretty bad. Is there something wrong with me? Im really really nervous. and if there is im extremely embarrassed to tell my mom or anyone else.. Im just super shy.. Please help im pretty freaked out. thanks, kkheartspink''

Hey girl!  If there's one thing I can guaruntee about periods its that no two are ever the same so if your feelin a lil crampy post-period that's totally OK. Grab a heating pad to help ease cramps. But to look out for your best interests, it's always important to tell a trusted adult. Even if your not total BFFs with your mom she'll know exactly what to do whether that's to schedule an appointment with the doc or anything else cause who knows you better than she does!? Your period is nothing to be embarrassed about, we've all been there girl, so start speaking up now to prevent feelin embarassed and make sure you get the help you need. For starters before talking to your mom check out http://www.girlslife.com/tag/period.aspx... hope you feel better!
Jenn S.

by kkheartspink on 11/23/2012 5:28:33 AM

Yesterday moring I woke up wit a lil bit of blood in my undies. I have never had my period, how soon do you think it will come? And yesterday and today I fell so congested does this have anything to do with my period coming up? In my lower part of my stomach I have like a growing pain feeling there. I'm not really sure how cramps feel could that be them?

hey girl! it sounds like Aunt Flow might just be on her way...make sure you've got pads/tampons at the ready!

xoxo

Katie L.

by nike741 on 11/21/2012 1:39:55 AM

If your lip flaps already stick out does it mean that they will stick out even more as you get to be an older teen. And when it comes to color why are some of us more pinkish and some of us brown? My friend told me your flaps are more brown if you have a lot a friction from rubbing on your underwear.

by fashionqn on 11/15/2012 6:29:50 PM

Kay so..this is kind of awkward. For a while I've Been seeing that white stuff in my undies. It's been happening for a while and sometimes it's pretty heavy. Is this some sort of notification that my period is on the way??

Hey girl, yes, definitely! That's called discharge, and it tends to come before periods. Have pads ready. Your period may not come tomorrow, but it will come in the near future.

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by kenbon on 11/12/2012 6:56:53 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!
Ok. I started my period when I was 11 and I'm 12 but it had not been a year I sated on my birthday witch is September 3 and I went to the bathroom and I wiped and the was blood like always so I went to flush the tolit and I saw like dry blood at the bitten is this normal????? Awsner me ASAP!!!!!!!

Hey Girly, It is totally normal for a girl to get her period and then for it to not be regular or go a long period of time before she gets it again.

Hannah H.

Hannah H.

by Savannah278 on 11/6/2012 10:22:40 AM

DX ok this is very awkward for me and i don't want to ask my mom or my bff for me it's just WAY to weird awkward, when i go to the bath room...my under where has this weird stuff on it i guess it's kinda clear but it happens on everyone of my Undy's. But it's also kinda wet and sometime's uh..a bit sticky i guess you could say and it feels weird...Should i be worried or not?

Hey girlie, no need to freak. The stuff your finding on your underwear is discharge and it's totally normal.  Everyone gets this during puberty.

Lauren I.

by Oceansun on 11/5/2012 11:48:09 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!!
Okay so today I got my period and it was really heavy and I went pee and saw blood In my urine but I just think it's cuz of the blood from my period. Should I be concerned?!

hey girl! when you're on your period and you pee, you will see blood. think about it, wouldn't it be silly if you didn't?! the blood is coming from the same general area that pee does, so they're bound to both end up coming out when you use the bathroom. no need to be concerned! Smile

xoxo

Katie L.

by KatieBieber on 10/30/2012 4:09:54 PM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
Okay Im kinda freakin out. I was going to the bathroom and when I wiped I noticed blood. And it wasnt my regular period blood, so I checked myself inside and out "down there" and I noticed that inside one of my.....um....flaps I guess..... there was this thing that kinda looks like a blackhead but bigger, about the size of a pea. Should I be worried?????? Because Im kinda scared. And it would be weird to go to a doctor and have him check out down there like inside....

Hey hermionelover, mhmm that is a little weird. I'm wondering why a bump that big was down there and bleeding. It could go away on its own, but you don't want it to get worse and spread. I would schedule an appointment with your doctor just to be on the safe side. Maybe ask if you can get a female to check you out. No worries, I was checked down there by a male, and there was an assistant in the room so it was fine. Hope this helps and you feel better! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by hermionelover on 10/28/2012 3:21:05 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD*********************Hey Smile ok so I know that this is kind of a weird question.... But I have a LOT of hair "down there". And I'm not quite sure what to do about it. It wouldn't really bother me,but I'm a competitive gymnast. So when ever I have to do something where I split my legs, it shows. It is very awkward for me, and wearing shorts isn't really an option because we aren't allowed to. I have tried shaving it but it grows back really fast!! Or little red bumps show up all over. It is kind of growing down the insides of my thighs and it is very embarrassing!! Please help me!!!!!! Thanks in advance!! Smile

Hey girl,

I would try to trim it with a scissors before shaving, and shave in the direction of the hair growth to avoid irritation and those bumps. You could also try a product like Nair.

by gymnastky on 10/21/2012 12:12:20 AM

Mod! Mod!

Hey girl,

That sounds pretty normal, but you can talk to your mom or a doc to be sure!

by mp3player9 on 10/19/2012 10:58:25 PM

i have stretch marks on my thighs and my boobs and im 5"4 12 years old im taller than every one in my grade i weigh 120 pounds is that not good for me im trying to loose weight but its just not working out i guess i really cant commit to it i really try though what should i do ??????????????

by itshilalove on 10/10/2012 1:02:29 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!! PWEASE HELP Smile
So just this week I started getting a weird itch "down there" and I have no idea what to do when it comes on and I'm in a crowd. Also, after I go pee all of a sudden it feels like I gotta go again. What do I do? Help!!

Hey neonroxursox, mhmm it could be a yeast infection. One of the symptoms include itchiness. These can be caused by a number of things, a switch in body soap or too tight clothing. Contact your doctor to schedule and appointment to get checked out. Hope you feel better and this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by neonroxursox on 9/20/2012 11:26:13 PM

can someone please answer my last question please ?????
thank youu .

by meatball93 on 9/20/2012 1:40:12 AM

Is it ever wrong to be concerned about how you look down there? I have the uneven flap thing going on and sometimes it bothers me but I am thinking its more common. And do you have to worry about doing certain things down there that may make it worse, when it comes to being uneven?

It's not wrong to be concerned, it's good that you're aware of your health and not afraid to admit it! If you're really worried you can talk to your doctor, but you seem perfectly fine to me. Remember that every girl is made differently, there's no such thing as normal!

xoxo

Katie L.

by fashionqn on 9/19/2012 1:53:08 PM

hi , im 19 years old , and have some questions. i know kinda weird that a 19 year old has questions about " downthere " but im really kinda scared to talk to my mom about this , so if you could please help me out on some of these, my first question is that i have a creamy kinda clear runny discharge , is that normal ? and im kinda having a little pain down there also that hurts my stomach , and im not on my period right now, is all this normal? id really like to know asap , so i know weather i should go to a doctor . please reply back asap please , im kinda freaking out -__- thank you.

by meatball93 on 9/12/2012 7:11:18 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
I really need someone's help! For a couple years now, I have had this really intense chafing on my upper thighs when I walk around in shorts, or low-rise pants or leggings. It really hurts! Yesterday, I wore my fave pair of leggings, and my inner thigh started to burn, and it got worse throughout the day. When I got home, I looked to see why it hurt so bad, and it was bright red and almost scabbed. Today it looks even worse like a scab, and is painful. How can I prevent chafing, without giving up my fave clothes? Please help me because I can't take it anymore, and I love my clothes! Thanks in advance! Smile

Hey girl,

Your clothes might be irritating you. If you're getting a scab, though, that sounds worse than just a chafe from leggings, so I would get a second opinion from a parent or doctor to check out your skin and make sure everything's ok! If your skin is extra sensitive, there might be something you can put on it to ease the pain and redness.

by pokemon_girl11 on 9/8/2012 11:32:46 PM

mod mod mod!!!!
my discharge smells like vinegar is this normal??

Hey girl,

That might be normal, but i would ask your mom or a doc to be sure!

by PlushPurplePanda on 9/7/2012 10:09:26 PM

So occassionally my face breaks out like everyones, but my acne is never terribly bad or the kind with pus. But today I found a HUGE pimple--with pus and everything--down there, bigger than anything I get on my face. It kinda hurts, and I'm not sure what it means, or what to do? Help!

Hey girl,

It might be an ingrown hair or just a yucky pimple -- you can show it to your mom or other trusted family member in private to see what she says since she can see it in person. It never hurts to get a second opinion to be safe!

by chocolate_lover*13 on 9/7/2012 5:25:48 PM

Uhhh help Plz I'm 14 and down there in side one flap is way bigger and flapper then the other side flap is really small Plz is this normal and what age do u need to see the gyno cuz like Noone in my family goes unless the doctor demands it lol Plz I'm really scared?!!

by Hager1234 on 8/27/2012 7:19:20 PM

Mod Plz answer asap OK so inside down there one side is more bigger and flapper then the other!!!?????

hey! You have nothing to worry about, everyone's different and sometimes different body parts develop at different rates. If you're really concerned talk to your doctor, and don't feel embarrassed, they can't tell anyone what you tell them and their job is to help you outSmile good luck girl!

Helen S.

by Hager1234 on 8/27/2012 7:12:59 PM

Mod Mod Mod
Can your underwear get dirty from discharge or from the lack of cleaning "down there"?

Hey girl, you betcha! Discharge and lack of cleaning can certainly get things dirty, which is why its important to stay clean and showered.

Lauren I.

by Sparksfly on 8/27/2012 3:44:01 PM

Hi girls !
It sunny your advice queen! Alot of girls are asking questions right now... And the mods are auper buisy! So come sign up for my club "ADVICE FOR YOU!" and i will make u secretary or treasurer or anything else u need. And i will answer any of the questions that u have from this article... Thanks gurls!!

Xoxo,
SunnySmile

by Sunny4132 on 8/26/2012 11:20:41 AM

Modmod
Mod!!!
I just have one question... Sorry if it is akw. ((question hidden by mod))  Please reply! Sorry for the inconvienence. Frown

Hey girlie,

First off, sorry for hiding your question. We just want to make sure GL.com is appropriate and comfortable for readers of all ages so, since it could be seen as inappropriate to some girls, we decided to hide it <3 As for your question, it varies from girl to girl. But when your hymen breaks, it only bleeds a small amount. It could be bloody at the time, or a couple hours later, or not at all. That's why it's important to be comfortable with whoever it is, mature enough to talk about it, and ready to handle the consequences <3

Lauren C.

by Sunny4132 on 8/26/2012 11:17:07 AM

MOD!!!!!!!! Please reply Asap!
What did it mean in c for cramps how your over relases an egg? Dooes it mean u wil have a baby, or is it an organisam!? Srry for the akward questions but i hav absolutely nobody elsto talk too about this. Frown

Hey girlie,

Your ovaries release an egg EVERY month - that's why you have your period in the first place! The ovaries release the egg, the uterus prepares to make it a "comfy" environment for the egg. If the egg is fertilized by sperm, it will latch onto the uterus wall and grow into a baby. But when the egg isn't fertilized by sperm, the uterus sheds the lining that it made. That's your period. And then when it's over, it starts all over <3

Lauren C.

by Sunny4132 on 8/26/2012 11:03:20 AM

ModModMod!
I had my first period last month, and I started it again today. My first one was so much heavier than this time. Is it normal for it to be really light this time?

Hey sweets! No worries!! That's completely normal! A lot of times girls don't even get their period the second month or for a few months at the beginning! It takes a bit for cycles to become normal! If you continue to have problems for a long time, or more questions don't be afraid to talk to your parents or doctor! xoxo

Carly S.

by Madds07 on 8/23/2012 4:17:44 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
PLEASE HELP!!
So i got my first period today, and the only thing thats in my house is tampons. I searched up directions and i finally got the applicator in but when im pushing the actual tampon in it hurts a lot!!!!!! and i cant ask my mom to help me because she died right after i was born. Help?

Hey girl, I saw your question and commented on "4 signs your period is coming." Check out my reply and let me know how it goes! xoxo

Lauren I.

by Raina_smith on 8/20/2012 3:32:07 PM

I heard that you can get discharge from being "sexually aroused". is that true?

Hey girl,

Yep, that's true. Check out this article for the 411 on discharge! Smile

Lauren C.

by Sparksfly on 8/19/2012 10:45:06 AM

That was smart to put all of our concerns into one article, almost all of our concerns there are still others but we all need to be reminded, even about the stuff we think we know about but really dont. The only thing better would be to have links to sites with more specific information about each thing.

by fashionqn on 8/17/2012 11:38:02 PM

Should I have sex? I'm 14 and I want to have sex? I don't want to tell my parents it's too scare. What should I do?

Hey girl,

14 sounds a little too young to have sex, but if you want to talk about options you will have to tell your parents. They can help you figure out what is age appropriate for you and talk to you about safety and your options. There really is no rush to have sex, though, so enjoy your childhood while you can! There is plenty of time for adult stuff later, trust us!

by Selassie on 8/17/2012 11:36:28 PM

This was definitely in the April/May issue. Why use it again?

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 10:25:50 PM

MOD, MOD, MOD!
I can't find my vagina! This problem made me afraid of using tampons.

Hey girl,

This is totally normal, but you will get the hang of knowing your bod and using tampons eventually! Until then, it's fine to use pads! Ask your mom for help and to show you how to use tampons, or you can talk to her about scheduling an appointment with a doctor or gynecologist to talk about your body.

by cheetah#1 on 8/17/2012 10:20:27 PM

Mod
I am 14 and my mom wants to bring me to a gynecologist and I.was just wondering what I should expect and what type of questios they will ask or things they will do. Thanks a lot

Hey girl,

It's totally normal to be nervous before your first gyno visit! Check out this post for the low-down of what to expect. http://www.girlslife.com/post/2009/06/23/Gynowhat.aspx

by Cecgirl98 on 8/17/2012 10:19:26 PM

MOD
I have ingrown hair all over my calves >< There's so much it almost looks like freckles. Is there anything I can do? I don't want to buy expensive creams or exfoliaters.

Hey girl, first you should skip shaving for a little while (if you haven't already) to give those hairs time to work their way out. Then, try soaking the area with a warm wet washcloth and some epsom salt. If they don't come out on their own, talk to a parent about taking a trip to the doctor.

Lauren I.

by PuppetPrincess on 8/17/2012 4:33:46 PM

((comment edited by mod))

Hey girl,

First off, sorry for deleting your comment - I know we've talked about versions of this on GL.com before (like if using a tampon means you're not a virgin anymore), but we want to make sure GL is a safe, non-offensive place for girls of all ages so I edited your comment... better safe than sorry Smile To answer your question, the definition of "sex" is different for everyone. Usually though, that includes it with girls or guys. I'm sorry the answer isn't super informative - but if you have other questions, you should ask a trusted adult, health teacher, doctor/nurse, or someone else offline so you can get a straight answer that is appropriate for you <3
Lauren C.

by Selassie on 8/17/2012 12:13:09 AM

MODMODMOD!!!
ive had discharge for like 6 months and my pubic hair started growing 2 YEARS ago along with my boobs. Do you think my period will come soon? Oh and this was in the A/M12 issue. Just so ya know lol

Hey girlie,

Unfortunately there's no way for us (or anybody - not even your doctor!) to predict exactly when you'll get your period. You sound like you're right on track for puberty which is awesome, but beyond that we can't tell you when your period will get here Frown It could be next month or two years from now - or maybe more. Girls get their first periods at all ages, from 10 to 12 to even 16 sometimes. Try to be patient and spend this time learning all about your period so you can be 100% prepared when it comes! Smile
Lauren C.

by YayaYuiki on 8/16/2012 6:06:47 PM

Im A cheerleader & scared to break my hymen is it a bad thing ?

by Jenni_Sans on 8/16/2012 5:52:21 PM

mod
This is a weird question, but I have had my period for awhile. Like at least 2 years...I don't know if 3. Anyways, I still have discharge. It's like if I don't have my period its discharge. I wear panty liners all day everyday. Does it ever go away?

Hey girlie,

Discharge is the way "down there" cleans itself and protects itself from infections, so no it actually doesn't ever stop. It can vary in "flow" just like a period (sometimes it can feel drier than others), but it never really goes away. And that's healthy!
Lauren C.

by topchef88 on 8/16/2012 5:39:07 PM

MOD
Im having night discharges, what do I do?

Hey girlie,

Discharge is the way "down there" cleans itself and protects itself from infections, so there's nothing to really do about it. It can vary in "flow" just like a period (sometimes it can feel drier than others), but it never really goes away. But it's normal and healthy!
Lauren C.

by Prettyme123 on 8/16/2012 5:32:20 PM

MOD
I had discharge about a week ago, and it was REALLY heavy. And I mean I think i should wear a pantiliner, but my mom says no. Should i wear one anyways when i have discharge??

Hey girlie! As long as you change your underwear every day and wash it, there's no reason to wear a panty liner.  It's all about personal comfort though, so if you feel like you NEED to, you can. xoxo

Kate G.

by Littlepuppygirl on 8/16/2012 3:25:46 PM

is it really bad to break your hymen?!?!?!

Hey girl! breaking your hymen isn't bad, you can do it if you're doing gymnastics, if you are a cheerleader, or if you ride horses (or bikes!).  It doesn't do any damage, so don't worry about trying to keep it from breaking. xoxo

Kate G.

by pranksterqueen on 8/16/2012 2:49:17 PM

LOL! I'm so immature that I'm laughing at the picture :-P

by iluvmusic♥ on 8/16/2012 12:45:19 PM

Very useful and helpful!!!

by snowver11 on 8/16/2012 11:02:32 AM

Thanks GL for the head's up! Laughing Very useful!! Smile Never heard of the 2 V-words till I entered 6th grade! Foot

by Susmita24 on 8/16/2012 10:46:22 AM

Yes it was but it still helps

by hopie1215 on 8/16/2012 1:55:51 AM

omg, in 4 period history class, we have the wierdest history teacher (male) anyway, he like doesnt control us, so we r like wild animals, i dont know ehat he was doing, but i got like really wierd and heard someone say camel toe, and, omg, i didnt know what it was, so i like shouted in a really loud high pitched tone camel toe, luckily my voice was high, and no one knew who it was, and, hahahahahah, mr. (not saying his name) looked around and kinda turned red, me and my friends started to laugh so hard! omg, those were the funny days! haha only about 5 mo's ago.

by angie333 on 8/16/2012 1:51:12 AM

The article pic should be changed... And also, wasn't this in the april may issue???

by WinnieGirlie on 8/16/2012 1:01:48 AM