6 HOURS AGO #ThatAwkwardMoment when your bestie's ex tries to hit on you...Here's how to deal: http://t.co/cNRReCECR5

9 HOURS AGO Look cool as ice in Anna & Elsa's hottest hairstyles #Frozen: http://t.co/zkJh1LxAEF

10 HOURS AGO 4 ways to totally remix your white tee: http://t.co/NylZ5Cylym

COMMENTS

How to survive a shark attack

We’re not sure if you’ve heard, but this week is the week for the world’s most fascinating predators. It’s Discovery Channel’s Shark Week, and just like the...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I was diagnosed with cancer about a month ago. About 2 years ago a friend of mine sexually assaulted me. He tried to make me have sex with him. I never really thought much of it because he didn't actually rape me. I thought about it sometimes but all the flashbacks and stuff stopped after about a week. I wasn't really affected by it after that. For the past couple weeks I've had dreams about it. One of my favorite shows is Law and Order:SVU. I watch it all the time. An episode came on where 1 of the detectives had a flashback to her assault. I had seen that episode a million times and it never affected me like this. I had a really bad flashback and a dream about it that night. He didn't rape me so I don't know why this is happening. And it just started about a week after I was diagnosed with cancer. Why is this happening? It hasn't bothered me in 2 years!

Hey Snickle, aww I'm sorry for your diagnosis. Sometimes we see things that spark memories within us. Maybe talking to someone about this will help you. Does your school have a counselor you can talk to? If you don't want to talk to anyone, writing down your feelings will help. Grab a journal and just jot down your feelings. Hope this helps! (Always write me if you need help!) Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Snickie on 10/11/2012 10:45:26 PM

by mustache on 9/27/2012 7:09:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD: What can I do to make my friends parents stop thinking bad about me.. just bcuz of my background??? please help.. Me and my friend bearly hang out because of this..

Hey girl, this is a tough one. Def. be on your best behavior when your see them. Make sure to say please and thank you and show them what a great girl you really are! When her parents arn't around, be sure that your always a positive influence on your friend so that her parents really have nothing to worry about. Hopefully seeing how great you are in person and hearing about it from their daughter will be enough to convince them that they have no reason to think anything but great things about you. Good luck, babe.

Lauren I.

by SkilletLover0810 on 9/7/2012 11:59:46 AM

MOD mod
OMG HELP ME! my best friend called yesterday and tolled me that i tolled her secret about her doing stuff with a guy. she tolled me a few weeks ago at a sleep over and now some how my ex BGF knows! She said i tolled him. i tolled her that impossable because i don't even talk to him! Now she called me lier and said that i did do it! A long time ago she was my friend than she started being friends with the mean girl. The girl and my friend called me the meanest things ever!! But when the mean girl droped her like a twig i still took care of my friend. But why would she look at her friend when something leaks instead of someone who has stabed her in the back.. Later last night the cusion of the boy she did things with tolled me HES BEEN TELLING EVERY BODY! i tolled her and she called me a lier again!! And she is being soooo over dramatic!! The worst part is she said that she knows our other friend didn't tell..?? well what would make her think I would! HELP WHAT DO I DO???? Frown

Hey babe,

it's tough when friends don't believe us, and it's doubly as frustrating when you're telling the complete truth. You're a great friend for sticking with her even after someone else stopped being friends with her. That alone should show your friend that you wouldn't be the type of girl to go blabbing all her secrets! Try reminding her how much of a great friend you've been to her and how much you care about her and how sorry you are that someone's been talking about all her personal stuff. At the end of the day you know you're telling the truth and sometimes that's enough. Good luck girlie!
Alexis G.

by Jbug77 on 9/6/2012 9:53:58 AM

Hey Girlies!
My name is Haley and I'm a sophomore in high school. Do any of you need advice? I've been through it all, so ask away!Hey Girlies!
You can ask me anything! Just leave a comment on my profile and I'll answer on your as soon as possible! Hope to hear from you!

by haleyhay3 on 9/2/2012 7:25:30 PM

Fishy sitchy: You got rejected for the most populat girl in school.
Strategy: shrug it off. They only like her for her looks. The rest is probably junk.

by peppercyndaquil13 on 9/1/2012 10:09:46 PM

Hey chicas! Please join my club HERE 4 U! I'll give you advice and you can tell us anything! Please join! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo hpseals1

by hpseals1 on 9/1/2012 12:46:55 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
I just got told by my BFFS that I wasn't good enough to be friends with them anymore, I've been really mad at them so I decided to ignore them and find new friends, do you think I made the right decision or should I forgive them?

Hey girl! I think you made the right decision going to find new friends- it seems like these girls didn't appreciate you for how awesome you are and you need to find a group who does! xoxo

Kate G.

by Taylor243 on 8/24/2012 10:46:58 AM

Its about my camp friend again I havent seen her and every time she comes over she makes out with my one direction poster and she like acts really inerpropiate and sees a pictures of harry styles and lick tongue kissses it and it is gross what should i do i told her to stop and she doesnt listen and it is hard taking my posters down help

Hey babe,

Honestly, I'd tell her that it's ok to like One Direction - you do too! But it's another thing to let it consume you, to lose control of your actions. That's taking it too far and that's what she's doing. If you're serious and you tell her to knock it off (which, by the way, she should respect since those are your belongings), see if she respects you enough to do so. If not, I'd pull away a little and probably would stop asking her to hang out at my house. She'll notice you haven't been as social lately so she'll be able to take the hint. <3

Lauren C.

by OneDirection1843 on 8/19/2012 11:11:12 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
On my bus for school, sometimes i feel left out of the conversation with my friends. I never know what to say and I am very shy. I need help on how to join into the conversation and stay included.

Hey girlie,

It's totally ok to skip out on some convos just because you feel shy or don't feel like talking.. but when you have something to add, speak up! If they're talking about the first ep of Married to Jonas (did you watch? haha) and you loved it, don't just sit there while they swap opinions. Jump in and say, "OMG wasn't it funny when ____?" It's all about taking a chance and getting in there! Your friends will enjoy having more in common and feeling like they're able to talk to you, while you'll feel more included and part of the group. It's a win-win! <3

Lauren C.

by LovePeaceHope on 8/19/2012 9:24:49 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
Please answer my question. I asked it yesterday, and resent it today and I really would like help quickly so please answer as soon as you can. Thanks.

Hey hon! I dont see it in here. Maybe resend it and ill make sure to answer it for you! xoxo kerra
Kerra S.

by LovePeaceHope on 8/18/2012 9:28:00 PM

Hey Appleduck101, Wow this boy sounds really annoying! I think you handled it very well. You spoke to the teachers and tried to ignore him. I would just try to avoid him as much as possible. I know it will be hard but try not to sit near him or stay in the same room. Praying to God and letting him handle it will probably be the best thing girly. Hope this helps! Xoxo

MOD MOD MOD MOD
There is this boy in my youth group who is always mean to everyone and goes out of his way to be rude and mean. I tried ignoring him, but that didn't work. I tried telling the adults/leaders, but they think he some kind of an angel (since most of the leaders know his family and his family goes to the church and they all have connections, I guess) and didn't do anything (only one adult/leader did). I decided to take matters into my own hands and used some (rude) "choice words" to do so. I apologized but also explained that what he was doing was not okay. I called a truce but less then 48 hours later, he was being mean all over again. This boy is always causing problems in the group.
My friends say I shouldn't have apologized and that he "had it coming".
Did I go about dealing with this the right way and is there anything else I can do to end this issue?
P.S. I really don't want to stop going to the youth group because all my friends are there and I grew up there. Lynae P.

by Appleduck101 on 8/18/2012 4:14:46 PM

Hey girls!
For those of you who read my blog..I won't be posting as much because school started!
Blog: hairdaiski.blogspot. c o m
I'll try to on school breaks, when I have access to the computer, (I use my tablet for GL. It won't let me blog!) BUT!!! I just put how to hairstyles. AND for you curly girls... How to make your hair straight! But, I'm back blogging and when I get more members for EVERYTHING hair I will give out officer positions!

by YayaYuiki on 8/18/2012 1:09:58 PM

Hey Appleduck101, sorry about that long wait girl. I wasn't logged on yesterday so would you mind sending in your question again, I'd love to help you! Xoxo

Hey mod, please answer my questions. I had asked a question at 3pm last night and it is still not here. I'm not angry, it's just that I really wanted to see what you guys had to say. Lynae P.

by Appleduck101 on 8/18/2012 12:02:56 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
How do you enter contests? I really have no clue.

Hey girl,

You can enter all of the GL contests here! http://www.girlslife.com/category/contests.aspx

Meghan D.

by little simba on 8/17/2012 10:33:27 PM

The "shark attacks" that I don't like are when my parents start attacking me for every little thing and when I'm doing a group project and others in the group try to get me to do all the work. I deal with them by remaining calm and defending myself. That's all you can do.

by supersingershannon on 8/17/2012 10:00:32 PM

Oh my gosh at first I was like, whyyy would you post this? Then it turned out to be helpful! haha thanks!

by pretzelnugget on 8/17/2012 7:15:55 PM

School is coming in 3 Days! And wat can i do for my hair? It light brown, About shoulder height (little longer) What should I do! Thx! Xoxo

Hey girl! Love that your ready to rock new styles this school year. Find lots of totaly cute hairstyles to try here: http://www.girlslife.com/category/hair-styles.aspx
Lauren I.

by doglover463 on 8/17/2012 3:53:36 PM

@snowver11
Congrats. You have won all of my internets. Take them for making me laugh so hard.

by OMGabi on 8/17/2012 2:39:11 PM

MOD! MOD!
So this is kind of a 2 part question. My friend who i haven't seen in forever invited me to go to the drive in movies w/ him, his gf, and my bf Saturday night. But, I said I would babysit for my neighbor's kids. I really want to go to the movies & I've missed a lot of parties and social events because I've had to babysit for these people (not to mention their kids are kind of mean.) & we couldn't reschedule anytime soon b/c everybody is really busy for the next few weeks. Would it be okay to cancel on babysitting or not?
And the 2nd part is how can I convince my parents to let me go because we wouldnt be getting back until about 1 am and they say "you're only 15" (not sure if i can post age) but I am a junior (the people im going w/ are seniors) and i feel like i have earned their trust to do things like this. How do i convince them to let me go? Thank youuu sorry this is so long!

Hey girl! If you want to babysit for this fam again, you probably don't want to cancel on them.  If you do cancel, though, be nice about it and let them know you didn't realize you had plans when you agreed to babysit and suggest a friend to babysit for them so they don't have to cancel their plans. Your parents may not want you to be out that late, but agree to answer calls and texts.  I know most drive in movie places show a few movies in a row, so maby you can leave after the first movie? Good luck! xoxo

Kate G.

by danser411 on 8/17/2012 10:14:39 AM

I signed up for all the GL newsletters several times but i've never gotten any - and I first signed up a year ago! What's up?

Hey chica! Are you sure they aren't going into your spam folder? If you're under 13, your parents might not have agreed to let you have the newsletter, so chat with them! xoxo

Kate G.

by Brenna04 on 8/17/2012 8:33:01 AM

OMG!
CLUB Oh, Boy!
a custom officer position in a 30+ member club and growing?
unlimited guy advice? fast responding officers? and tonsa tips and talk? it's true.
xoxo cami

-on my profile -officer apps due the 18th

by camigal on 8/16/2012 4:45:14 PM

Haha very creative GL xD

by kenzi143 on 8/16/2012 4:40:04 PM

snowver11-LOL LOL LOL LOL XD XD XD

by iluvmusic♥ on 8/16/2012 3:30:23 PM

LOL.The best way to survive a shark attack? Poke 'em in the eyes! That's what they always say! LOL HAHAHA Tong

by snowver11 on 8/16/2012 2:05:57 PM