10 HOURS AGO It's official—we're obsessing over Jacquie Lee's new EP: http://t.co/dHZwPbO3da

13 HOURS AGO Homework? What homework? #Crewel is on @wattpad for free! #bookworm #bookclub http://t.co/TsLFsrnwAH

14 HOURS AGO Join the GL gram fam and follow us on Insta for pretty pix and behind-the-scenes snaps: http://t.co/Umf3MGtn7Y

COMMENTS

Microwave popcorn might be nuking your brain

Uh-oh! At your next movie night, you may need to find a new snack to munch on with your girlies. Scientists at the University of Minnesota...

Is it the same for kettle corn? And if I look at the ingredients is diacetyl the only ingredient I should look for?
Thanks in advance! Smile

Hey girlie,

Kettle corn is a little different because it's natural kernels that are popping - they aren't prepackaged so there's less of a risk Smile And yes, that's the ingredient you should look for!

Lauren C.

by PeaceKool on 8/26/2012 11:01:56 AM

What about popcorn from the theater???

by Choir-Girl99 on 8/21/2012 1:24:28 PM

and this is why you should buy orville redenbocker popcorn. they don't use that diacetyl crap

by jjinhc on 8/18/2012 6:45:49 PM

Hey doglover463, how short is your hair? You can always curl it or pin it back with cute clips. For nice belts hit up Target, Forever21, Wet Seal, Delias Wal-Mart and Macy's. Hope this helps! Have a great first day of school. Xoxo

So school is starting in 2 Days I have 2 Questions, 1). i dont know what to do my hair with! My hair is short too, Frown I saw the articles but i dont have most of their products. 2). Im going to a Charter school this year for Middle school and i have to wear a belt, What places are the cheapest for cute and girly belts? (Belts any color really) Thx! Xoxo Lynae P.

by doglover463 on 8/18/2012 6:28:13 AM

Maybe we just shouldnt eat as much of it, its good to be cautious until they prove it for sure. I will be cutting back on microwave popcorn but not stopping it completely.

by fashionqn on 8/17/2012 11:46:48 PM

Usually when these things come out, they find two weeks later it cures cancer or something. So I'll take it with a grain of salt.

by OMGabi on 8/17/2012 2:36:42 PM

MOD MOD
So, at the beginning of summer, I had GREAT sleep. But now, my brother is playing video games until like 2 or 3 in the morning! My bedroom is right next to the living room so I can hear everything. And my bed has to be near the wall facing the living room because that is where it only fits! I can never go to sleep until he goes to sleep. And, I have to get 8 hours of sleep or I am a living nightmare. AND, since school is coming soon, I need to start my regular routine so I don't be late for school! What do I do? I always ask him to turn the volume down, but it still doesn't work. ????
Q2:
I'm attending a new school and before school starts we have to take a 'new student' test. How do I prepare for such a thing??? I dont even know what the tests is about

Hey chica! Talk to your parents and see if you can get your brother some headphones that he can wear while he plays.  I'm not sure how to prepare for the test, since I've never heard of it, just make sure you go in calm and see if you know anyone who has taken it before! xoxo

Kate G.

by Shannon.Smiles on 8/17/2012 10:23:11 AM

MOD MOD MOD!!!
I go to a private school and this year there was a modification to the dress code, shirts have to be up to your collarbone! So I'm thinking about buying like a tone of polo shirts, but I really don't know what I should wear them with. How do you wear a polo shirt?

Hey chicky! You can wear polo shirts with cool jewelry, sweaters when it gets colder, and really any sort of bottom! You can also get cute button downs, they look great with everything, too! xoxo

Kate G.

by Pandagirl528 on 8/17/2012 9:28:49 AM

*MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD*
Hey, so I have been feeling down. Everyone always says "Oh yeah, she is def going to be a teen mom." and I don't know why they say that about me... Like, even my sister said that and I am 11. It honestly really hurts my feelings. Even if they are joking. Everyone just kind of assumes that I am going to be the partier, smoking, teen mom girl. And I'm totally not! I don't usually wear makeup, and when I do, barely ANY no mascara, or eyeliner. I dont wear reveling clothes or anything. I'm tired of eveyone thinking I am like that! I havent done ANYTHING bad! I don't have a "boyfriend" like some of the girls my age do, but I know that isn't right to be dating someone at age 11. I don't cuss or swear at all! I dont watch PG 13 and there is no reason for people to think that of me, but I guess they just think I am like that. All I want is to be educated about teen parenting and stuff, so I can prevent it for myself. Cry Help!

Hey chica! They might just be joking (though it may not seem that way).  Because you are so well behaved, they might find it funny that you're so interested in teen parenting.  I'm sorry they joke like that, maybe you can let them know that it hurts your feelings? xoxo

Kate G.

by WinnieGirlie on 8/17/2012 1:11:45 AM

Hi so about a month ago my mom asked me what I thought about shaving. My legs have long, dark hair on them that I want to get rid of. I couldn't think of anything, so my mom said that if I didn't know what I thought about it, I couldn't start. Can you help me with a couple good things about it? And what should I say when I ask her if I could start? Thanks!

Hey girlie,

You don't have to start shaving if you don't want to! But lots of girls feel more confident shaving because their legs feel smooth, cleaner, softer, don't scratch when they wear pants/jeans, etc. It's a personal choice though, so don't feel pressured into it! If you do want to shave though, just go to mom and say something like - "hey, remember when you mentioned shaving last month? I think I might want to try it now." It sounds like she's supportive and will answer any questions you have, so trust her and you'll get the hang of it! Smile

Lauren C.

by jrprodigy12 on 8/17/2012 12:28:17 AM

ModmodMod
Please Help me!! I feel horrible, my brother is psychotic and in the hospital and thretend to harm my family, my father is a horrible person and even though i dont see him my regular anxiety dreams involve him, and i havent slept well in days because of nightmares and i usually crawl into my mothers bed and that helps me but she said i couldnt and im so tired all i want to do is sleep. please help meee!!

Hey girlie,

We totally understand when life gets overwhelming and you want to just lay there, going over everything, stressing yourself out. But don't give in! Think of your bed as a safe place. It should be calm, quiet, and a worry-free zone. As soon as you get into bed, imagine yourself in another place. Pick somewhere that feels soothing and calm to you - for some, it's the beach with the waves lapping at the shore. For others, it's in a cabin in the middle of the snowy woods with a warm fire. For others, it's in a rooftop garden in the middle of a city. Whatever it is for you, close your eyes and place yourself there. As you drift off to sleep, focus on the sounds and the smells of that imaginary place. It'll be a moment of peace in a hectic and stressful day - and it'll help you drift off to a peaceful sleep, which you need to recharge your bod and your mind! <3
Lauren C.

by WhiteStripe3 on 8/16/2012 11:45:32 PM

I don't no what to say. That's the only snack that is kinda junkie but i don't feel guilty about eating it

by kenziebieber7 on 8/16/2012 9:11:50 PM

We have an air-popper, so I'm not worriedSmile

by DaNcInGQu33N9812 on 8/16/2012 8:24:34 PM

i love popcorn. i get my mom to buy microwave and the kernels. i know how to pop my own popcorn and i put tons of butter and salt on the popcorn thats homemade. idc about what will happen. what happens happens. so dont be haten

by loppyears12 on 8/16/2012 7:45:13 PM

MODMODMODODMOD
Okay, i bought a brand of pads a friend reccomended...after wearing it for a day or so, I realized I have used them before...they're probably the only kind that have caused me to chafe! It's only on one side of my leg though, and now I have a blister on my inner thigh.I washed the area, changed my panties, and put in a tampon and comfy pj pants, but how can I prevent the chafing to happen again? Do you think it' just the brand? And will putting peroxide on my blister be safe?

Hey girlie,

Ouch! Yep, it's probably the brand. It might be too big for your body, or it could be made with something that irritates your skin. (Like a little allergy to the material.) Whichever it is, stick to tampons/another pad that works for you until this area heals. Try another brand or a smaller size next time, then see how it goes. (It might also help to stay away from pads with wings, since they're more likely to rub.) I wouldn't use peroxide unless you really need to clean and disinfect a cut/wound - instead, I'd probably rub some Neosporin on the blister and then put a Band Aid over it to protect it a little. Hang in there! <3
Lauren C.

by futurewriter16 on 8/16/2012 7:40:11 PM

I just got braces anyway!

by AlwaysDreamer on 8/16/2012 6:48:46 PM

Who else saw this while eating microwave popcorn? I did...

by alibroadway on 8/16/2012 6:41:23 PM

This is just depressing. Frown I'm still going to eat it.

by LovePeaceHope on 8/16/2012 6:27:09 PM

MOD!
i make popcorn in a popcorn making machine, is this a risk of the disease?

Hey girlie,

Yes it probably is safer, since straight popcorn kernels aren't processed with flavors. <3
Lauren C.

by Prettyme123 on 8/16/2012 5:41:09 PM

OMG!
CLUB Oh, Boy!
a custom officer position in a 30+ member club and growing?
unlimited guy advice? fast responding officers? and tonsa tips and talk? it's true.
xoxo cami

-on my profile -officer apps due the 18th

by camigal on 8/16/2012 5:26:16 PM

I don't really like the buttery salty taste of popcorn. I like the movie candy though Smile !

by kenzi143 on 8/16/2012 4:45:04 PM

we make it on the stove most of the time but oh well people overreact

by millia7 on 8/16/2012 4:43:13 PM

Wow and i loved popcron but nevver knew that it coud kill me!

by hopie1215 on 8/16/2012 4:21:35 PM

Mod Mod Mod!!!
Does this also apply to microwave kettlecorn? I know some kettlecorn isn't butter-flavored.

Hey chica! I'm not sure if it's true for kettlecorn- to be safe, check out the ingredients! xoxo

Kate G.

by §♥greyson_chance♥§ on 8/16/2012 2:29:29 PM

We make our popcorn on the stove (which is so much better) so I'm not too concerned!

by fallsb-ball on 8/16/2012 2:10:46 PM

Woo Hoo!! Minnesota, best state! But most of these things are total overreactions, so I will take it with a grain of salt. But popcorn made in a Whirley-Pop is always best anyways. Not that I even like popcorn.

by puffinlover99 on 8/16/2012 1:53:52 PM

Hi! I have super curly hair that reaches my shoulder. I was thinking of wearing it down on the first day of school (it looks better that way) but my hair gets puffy really easily. Last year my hair was down and it turned really really puffy. It looked like a giant puffball! What is something I can do to make my hair less puffy that doesn't damage my hair. I don't want to straighten it because I like my hair before it get's puffy. Thanks!

Hey chica! They have lots of products that keep your hair from getting puffy.  Try looking at Target for something made for girls with curly hair. xoxo

Kate G.

by ballerina55 on 8/16/2012 1:15:50 PM

Wow. I was eating popcorn when I clicked on this...

by snowver11 on 8/16/2012 1:14:27 PM

At my house, we make popcorn on the stove and it tastes 100x better!

by spunkygirl03 on 8/16/2012 1:05:08 PM