9 HOURS AGO You gotta try our nom-worthy spring roll recipe: http://t.co/AZ2CizWesP

12 HOURS AGO Because #thighgap is waaaaaay overrated: http://t.co/Jj6MamwTvD

13 HOURS AGO 6 tips that are guaranteed to get you on the team #TryOutSeason: http://t.co/1IOvtzbG7S

COMMENTS

Break up blues: How to say goodbye to your guy

I’m thinking of breaking up with my BF, but every time I build up the courage to do so, he’s so nice to me! HELP!! Hey girl...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My boyfriend and i have been dating for only a few days and i already want to end it!! For one thing he asked me out ovr txt and we havent seen each other because of the break. When he asked me i was happy that someone asked me out so i said yes but then i realized idk him. We've been in the same school for the whole year but he just started talking to me a week ago! And i want to givr him a chance but what if he gets ao attached the breakup is harder? And the worse part is hes popular so if he dumps me I'll be a laughing stock but if i dump him no one will talk to me.How am i supposed to dump him without hurting his feelings but we can still be friends?

Hey girl, it's completely your call. Who knows, you could end up really liking him if you got to know him. I think personally you should give him a chance - what if you regret it later? Take a chance!
lauren r.

by YannaRox on 3/31/2013 9:22:32 AM

Okayy... so my boyfriend and I broke up a while ago. Well you see, I felt really bad about it so I got back together with him... (not smart of me) The only reason I went out with him in the first place was because my friends forced me. :/ Now, I really want to break up with him again, but I can't do it to his face!!!! Please help!!! Also, I've really liked this one guy since last year and I still do! Please helppp!!! Thanks! <3

hey! sorry, but you have to break up with him in person. It's the right thing to do and you know it. He may be upset but that's life, and he'll feel better with time. Think of it this way, once this is over with, you're free to talk to this new guy. The next time he sees you just smile at him, maybe introduce yourself and asking him about the kind of stuff his interested in. good luck!

Helen S.

by clarinet_luvr on 3/16/2013 4:10:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!- Meghan D.
Hey, thanks for the advice. Well someone told me I should and pushed me to him (litterally). So, I broke up with him and now I feel sooo bad. I still like him. A LOT! My friend, who is also his friend, said he misses me and that we can get back together. The thing is, I already feel bad for doing it in the first place and I don't know if it would work out again.... Please help! Should I move on or see if we can work it out? Thanks again SOOO much! you've been a lot of help! <3

hey! I think it sounds like you feel uncomfortable about this situation and might feel better if you just moved on. I know you can do it!

Helen S.

by Jaime98766 on 1/26/2013 4:29:40 PM

MOD!
My bf and I broke up tuesday and he said he still wanted to be friends (I agreed.) He texted me later that night asking how my school project went and then after he said he wanted to see the final product, he didn't respond to either of my texts. We exchanged a few texts since then, but nothing much. It seems as though each of us is ignoring the other (doesn't seem like something friends would do.) I saw him a couple times today (and decided to walk the opposite direction to try and avoid an awkward situation,) but there was a club meeting (we are both in the club) and he stops near where I'm sitting, starts coughing, and looks toward me. I jokingly asking "dying?" but he coughs a couple times more and turns away. I would still like to be friends, but I am unsure how to approach him. I'm sure I will end up seeing him tomorrow at something the club is volunteering at, but I don't know if I should approach him. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Bridgge2000, well you guys just broke up so things will be a little awkward for awhile. Think about what it's like when you get into a huge fight with one of your friends, and although you've both apologized to each other, it takes a second to get back to your normal friendship. This feeling eventually will pass. You two will get more comfortable with not being with one another, and things will go back to normal. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Bridgge2010 on 1/25/2013 4:51:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I was going to break up with my boyfriend because I'm going to a different high school next year. The thing is, I don't want to ruin his summer and do it at the end of the year, but he's really sweet and I do like him a little bit. The other thing is, I like someone else who is going to the same high school as me. I also am too nice. Everytime I go to break up with him, I chicken out. Please help! Oh, and when I think about breaking up with him, I think of how sweet and nice he is, and about his hugs (I love getting hugsSmile Please help! He's also really immature (REALLY REALLY)and I don't really like it. Please help! Thanks! (Sorry it's so long!) <3

Hey girlie,

If you're not sure if you want to break up with him and part of you still likes him, maybe you could try to work things out with him first if you think you still have a chance. If you don't like that he does immature things, maybe you could talk to him about it and try to tell him you like spending time with him but that you don't appreciate whatever he does, or say something next time he does it. He might not realize he's bugging you! But if you really don't think things can work out, I would tell him the truth instead of keeping the two of you in an unhappy relationship.

Meghan D.

by Jaime98766 on 1/21/2013 6:15:35 PM

My boyfriend and I go to different schools and we rarely get to see each other. Lately, I've been thinking about breaking up with him because I think of him more as a friend than a boyfriend. The only problem is I don't know how, and he only texts me. Help!

Hey girlie, it's going to best if you do it in person. Arrange to meet up somewhere and tell him how you feel. Let him know that you still think he's a great person and a great friend.

Lauren T.

by 1Fifie on 9/15/2012 2:41:03 PM

mod mod mod so i recently broke up with my bf cuz he was totally ignoring me (we were long distance) and i loved him and i still kinda do and now i'm wondering what i should do... cuz everyone tells me it was good tht i did but now i'm wondering if i should've stayed with him... and we used to b good friends and now we aren't even talking at all.. so what should i do???

Hey girl, I think that's unfortunately a natural consequence of immediate break-ups: you guys don't talk for a while. I'd give yourself some distance and time and see if you still want to go back with him. It's easy to rebound and fall back into a relationship because the wound's fresh, but long distance is tough and your sights are best on those people physically around you. Hang in there!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by peace happiness on 9/10/2012 8:53:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've decided to break up with my boyfriend, but I don't know what part of the day I should do it. I was thinking in the morning, but then it might be awkward for the rest of the day. My friend suggested after lunch so I don't see him for the rest of the day, but what if he's really nice to me during lunch and the I feel bad? Should I do it at the very end of the day before I leave? Thanks.

Hey! End of the day. That way if he's upset he can go home and blow off steam, and doesn't have to deal with school. good luck!

Helen S.

by hp77 on 9/8/2012 2:46:00 PM

MOD I really want to break up with my boyfriend but I really don't at the same time. Sometimes he is so sweet but other times he is extremely annoying. Unfortunatly it has been the latter a lot lately. I feel like the spark has died off and I want to see other people but we have already had so much history together and we know everything about each other and it is really hard to end it. Also I don't really like being single and I really don't want to hurt his feelings. It is starting to make me depressed from thinking about it too much recently. What should I do?

Hey girlie,

You can't stay in a relationship just because you've already put so much time into it. That's not what either of your deserve - you deserve a relationship where the time feels like it flew by because, even with arguments and other problems, you care so much about each other and are having such a great time. If it's not happy, talk to your BF and tell him what's bothering you. You should be open and honest about stuff like that - if you're ever going to overcome problems, you gotta tell him what they are! For example, here you could go out on different dates, talk about different things, and try to spice up your relationship. But if nothing changes and things don't get better, don't be afraid to end it. Being unhappy with someone is NOT better than being happy alone. Embrace being single and remember all the great things about the single life - you're totally free! You can do what you want! You can flirt with any guy you want! You don't have to live your life based on someone else! It's awesome. If it's stressing you out, it's not meant to be. <3

Lauren C.

by peaceluvsmile on 8/31/2012 12:49:24 AM

So I see people always commenting "MOD." So I was wondering what "MOD" means? Thanks! Smile

Hey chica! MOD means "moderator", a girl like me (an intern at GL) who gets to go through and answer any questions you guys might have! xoxo

Kate G.