AN HOUR AGO Because taking notes is infinitely more chic when your polish matches your pen: http://t.co/BePRfRcK6M #manimonday

1 HOURS AGO We feel *exactly* the same way! RT @PeytonatorWorld: @girlslifemag @PeytonList OMGOMGOMGOMG

2 HOURS AGO RT @osnapitzmilo: The best most brilliant article I have ever read. @girlslifemag I wish more people would read this. pic.twitter.com/eh8XaVAJfu

COMMENTS

Break up blues: How to say goodbye to your guy

I’m thinking of breaking up with my BF, but every time I build up the courage to do so, he’s so nice to me! HELP!! Hey girl...

Okay. (: I can't wait to give advice. Join club Sweeties and we will be happy to have you. Spots are open sooooo....Lets Start!! (:

by batman<3 on 8/24/2012 1:11:43 AM

@Kate G.
thanks for the response, sorry about the confusion, too! <3

by girlfunhrf on 8/21/2012 7:30:31 AM

Oooh. Super sweet guy. Dang. That'd be hard. But it's your decision~ Good luck!

by Gabriella123 on 8/20/2012 9:06:01 PM

You and me are similar. If someone is rude to me, I decide to give them the cold shoulder. They give me flowers, I'm okay with them again. You need to focus on the reasons why you want to break up with him, and just keep repeating them in your mind when you need the extra boost to get it over with. Asking him to remain friends or at least civil with each other will hopefully soften the blow. Good luck!

by cats-r-the-best on 8/20/2012 5:24:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my brother and i have our 15th b-days in a month (we are twins). i need a diy gift for him. he likes video games and soccer, do you have any ideas? thanks! also, that you all you moderators, i love reading all of your amazing answers to everyones questions! sometimes people have the same questions as me but im too afraid to ask them! thanks again!

Hey girl! We love answering your questions! For your brother, why not make him a really cool video game poster (or scrapbook) with HIM as the star? You can take a goofy video game plot (like Mario or Donkey Kong) and have him as the action hero? It'll be something silly he can laugh at but will still be fun to make! xoxo

Kate G.

by girlfunhrf on 8/20/2012 1:36:35 PM

yeah i'd think about it. if he's super sweet and a nice guy, i'd give him more time. don't leave him thinking he should have done something different if he really didn't do anything wrong.

by myfatsquirrel on 8/20/2012 1:16:17 PM

MOD MOD!
So I have this friend, Libby(not her real name) and we have never been that close, but we've had a few sleep-overs. We use to text 24/7. If I ever "forgot" to use a smiley face in a text then she would automatically think something is wrong. Towards the end of the school year we didn't really text all that much. I texted her during the summer and she acted all mad at me. She asked me "why we don't text." I said "I don't know, why don't we?" and then she said "IDK,I have to go... bye." Then my bff invited Libby, a few other girls and I to her house before the back to school dance. Libby completely ignored me. I don't think I did anything wrong or mean to her. I was maybe thinking about texting her something like, "I'm not sure what I did, but I'm sorry." But I'm not too sure about that.. Any advice on this?
Thanks,
Kaitie**

Hey girlie! Instead of apologizing for something without know what it is, why don't you text Libby and ask if everything is okay with you two.  Say that you feel like you two haven't been as close and you hope you didn't hurt her feelings in any way.  If she tells you what she thinks you did wrong, THEN you can apologize, so she knows you do really feel bad about it. xoxo

Kate G.

by basketballover5 on 8/20/2012 11:03:02 AM

Think about it. if he really is such a nice guy, then he deserves a girl who can like him back as much as he likes her. its not fair for you two to go out when he is crazy in like with a gilr who doesn't feel that way about him. let him go., it is for the best, for both of you

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 8/19/2012 12:26:53 PM

So there is this guy at my church and hes my texting buddy, like we text 24/7. He also said he wont date until he can drive. Now, we usually talk about stupid stuff, but recently we have had more serious conversations, like about relationships and stuff. For example, i asked him if he had to date one girl from our church, who would he pick, and he picked me. Also, i asked which girl he would kiss, he also said me. Then, just last week, i sorta kinda asked him out. The first time i said (half joking) "when you turn 16 I'll take you on your first date!" and he said he would think about it. Also, my friend made me invite him to a football game at my highschool and he said he'd think about that too. And according to everyone we look like a couple. I guess we do flirt a bit, but im not sure...
Im not sure if i like him or not, so what should i do? Like my friends have even asked "when are you and him gonna start dating?"
Thanks and sorry for the length Smile

Hey girlie,

I think the very first thing you have to do is decide whether you like him or not. If you don't like him "like that," flirty convos like this are probably a little inappropriate - even though he can't date right now, you don't want to lead him on. (And you both def are flirting!) So try to talk to him more and be honest with yourself about your feelings. Could you see yourself dating him? Are you excited every time you start talking to him? Or are you excited to see him every time you meet up? Does he respect you, make you laugh, make you happy? If so, then you probably do like him! Try not to listen to other people - it doesn't matter what your friends say or what you guys "look" like to other people. What matters is how you feel <3

Lauren C.

by pottergirl135 on 8/19/2012 12:00:53 PM

MODMODMOD:
2 things:
1. i saw in one of your articles to whiten your teeth before school starts. I have braces, and I was wondering if there was a different way to do that
2. how do you convince your parents to let you buy a bowflex? I've gained a bit of weight and i really want one, but my mom wont let me buy one
thanks!

Hey girlie,

Since you have braces right now, it's not the best time to whiten your teeth. Instead, I would snag a toothpaste with baking soda or a general toothpaste like Crest Pro-Health, which protects from germs, gingivitis, sensitivity, etc. (Also, whitening teeth is a personal choice - you don't have to do it just because we have an article about it! It's great for some girls but not for others, so go with what feels right.) As for the Bowflex, I think the best thing is to prove you're serious about getting fit and losing weight BEFORE you want to buy it. It's easy to think, "Oh I've gained weight... but if I only had this cool piece of equipment, I know I would get fit!" But it's not the equipment that is going to change your life - YOU have to change your life. Commit to working out every day by doing things that don't require gym equipment. Go jogging, swim, or do pilates, kickboxing, or yoga. Get serious about working out and over time, you'll show mom that this isn't a passing fad. If you show her this is important to you over a couple months, she could be more willing <3 But remember that Bowflex machines are expensive too, so that doesn't mean she'll say yes. But still - by this point, you'll already be in better shape!

Lauren C.