AN HOUR AGO Fab up your life with the best beach bags on the block: http://t.co/YDS5Ulj8ik

2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! Style up with a @joseeberhair flat iron: http://t.co/yUCoG5ztrA

3 HOURS AGO No time to tame your mane? Just bun it: http://t.co/p8ajs5UPn7

COMMENTS

Break up blues: How to say goodbye to your guy

I’m thinking of breaking up with my BF, but every time I build up the courage to do so, he’s so nice to me! HELP!! Hey girl...

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!
My boyfriend and i have been dating for only a few days and i already want to end it!! For one thing he asked me out ovr txt and we havent seen each other because of the break. When he asked me i was happy that someone asked me out so i said yes but then i realized idk him. We've been in the same school for the whole year but he just started talking to me a week ago! And i want to givr him a chance but what if he gets ao attached the breakup is harder? And the worse part is hes popular so if he dumps me I'll be a laughing stock but if i dump him no one will talk to me.How am i supposed to dump him without hurting his feelings but we can still be friends?

Hey girl, it's completely your call. Who knows, you could end up really liking him if you got to know him. I think personally you should give him a chance - what if you regret it later? Take a chance!
lauren r.

by YannaRox on 3/31/2013 9:22:32 AM

Okayy... so my boyfriend and I broke up a while ago. Well you see, I felt really bad about it so I got back together with him... (not smart of me) The only reason I went out with him in the first place was because my friends forced me. :/ Now, I really want to break up with him again, but I can't do it to his face!!!! Please help!!! Also, I've really liked this one guy since last year and I still do! Please helppp!!! Thanks! <3

hey! sorry, but you have to break up with him in person. It's the right thing to do and you know it. He may be upset but that's life, and he'll feel better with time. Think of it this way, once this is over with, you're free to talk to this new guy. The next time he sees you just smile at him, maybe introduce yourself and asking him about the kind of stuff his interested in. good luck!

Helen S.

by clarinet_luvr on 3/16/2013 4:10:02 PM

MOD MOD MOD!- Meghan D.
Hey, thanks for the advice. Well someone told me I should and pushed me to him (litterally). So, I broke up with him and now I feel sooo bad. I still like him. A LOT! My friend, who is also his friend, said he misses me and that we can get back together. The thing is, I already feel bad for doing it in the first place and I don't know if it would work out again.... Please help! Should I move on or see if we can work it out? Thanks again SOOO much! you've been a lot of help! <3

hey! I think it sounds like you feel uncomfortable about this situation and might feel better if you just moved on. I know you can do it!

Helen S.

by Jaime98766 on 1/26/2013 4:29:40 PM

MOD!
My bf and I broke up tuesday and he said he still wanted to be friends (I agreed.) He texted me later that night asking how my school project went and then after he said he wanted to see the final product, he didn't respond to either of my texts. We exchanged a few texts since then, but nothing much. It seems as though each of us is ignoring the other (doesn't seem like something friends would do.) I saw him a couple times today (and decided to walk the opposite direction to try and avoid an awkward situation,) but there was a club meeting (we are both in the club) and he stops near where I'm sitting, starts coughing, and looks toward me. I jokingly asking "dying?" but he coughs a couple times more and turns away. I would still like to be friends, but I am unsure how to approach him. I'm sure I will end up seeing him tomorrow at something the club is volunteering at, but I don't know if I should approach him. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey Bridgge2000, well you guys just broke up so things will be a little awkward for awhile. Think about what it's like when you get into a huge fight with one of your friends, and although you've both apologized to each other, it takes a second to get back to your normal friendship. This feeling eventually will pass. You two will get more comfortable with not being with one another, and things will go back to normal. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by Bridgge2010 on 1/25/2013 4:51:42 PM

MOD MOD MOD!
Okay, so I was going to break up with my boyfriend because I'm going to a different high school next year. The thing is, I don't want to ruin his summer and do it at the end of the year, but he's really sweet and I do like him a little bit. The other thing is, I like someone else who is going to the same high school as me. I also am too nice. Everytime I go to break up with him, I chicken out. Please help! Oh, and when I think about breaking up with him, I think of how sweet and nice he is, and about his hugs (I love getting hugsSmile Please help! He's also really immature (REALLY REALLY)and I don't really like it. Please help! Thanks! (Sorry it's so long!) <3

Hey girlie,

If you're not sure if you want to break up with him and part of you still likes him, maybe you could try to work things out with him first if you think you still have a chance. If you don't like that he does immature things, maybe you could talk to him about it and try to tell him you like spending time with him but that you don't appreciate whatever he does, or say something next time he does it. He might not realize he's bugging you! But if you really don't think things can work out, I would tell him the truth instead of keeping the two of you in an unhappy relationship.

Meghan D.

by Jaime98766 on 1/21/2013 6:15:35 PM

My boyfriend and I go to different schools and we rarely get to see each other. Lately, I've been thinking about breaking up with him because I think of him more as a friend than a boyfriend. The only problem is I don't know how, and he only texts me. Help!

Hey girlie, it's going to best if you do it in person. Arrange to meet up somewhere and tell him how you feel. Let him know that you still think he's a great person and a great friend.

Lauren T.

by 1Fifie on 9/15/2012 2:41:03 PM

mod mod mod so i recently broke up with my bf cuz he was totally ignoring me (we were long distance) and i loved him and i still kinda do and now i'm wondering what i should do... cuz everyone tells me it was good tht i did but now i'm wondering if i should've stayed with him... and we used to b good friends and now we aren't even talking at all.. so what should i do???

Hey girl, I think that's unfortunately a natural consequence of immediate break-ups: you guys don't talk for a while. I'd give yourself some distance and time and see if you still want to go back with him. It's easy to rebound and fall back into a relationship because the wound's fresh, but long distance is tough and your sights are best on those people physically around you. Hang in there!

xoxo
Alyssa B.

by peace happiness on 9/10/2012 8:53:03 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD
I've decided to break up with my boyfriend, but I don't know what part of the day I should do it. I was thinking in the morning, but then it might be awkward for the rest of the day. My friend suggested after lunch so I don't see him for the rest of the day, but what if he's really nice to me during lunch and the I feel bad? Should I do it at the very end of the day before I leave? Thanks.

Hey! End of the day. That way if he's upset he can go home and blow off steam, and doesn't have to deal with school. good luck!

Helen S.

by hp77 on 9/8/2012 2:46:00 PM

MOD I really want to break up with my boyfriend but I really don't at the same time. Sometimes he is so sweet but other times he is extremely annoying. Unfortunatly it has been the latter a lot lately. I feel like the spark has died off and I want to see other people but we have already had so much history together and we know everything about each other and it is really hard to end it. Also I don't really like being single and I really don't want to hurt his feelings. It is starting to make me depressed from thinking about it too much recently. What should I do?

Hey girlie,

You can't stay in a relationship just because you've already put so much time into it. That's not what either of your deserve - you deserve a relationship where the time feels like it flew by because, even with arguments and other problems, you care so much about each other and are having such a great time. If it's not happy, talk to your BF and tell him what's bothering you. You should be open and honest about stuff like that - if you're ever going to overcome problems, you gotta tell him what they are! For example, here you could go out on different dates, talk about different things, and try to spice up your relationship. But if nothing changes and things don't get better, don't be afraid to end it. Being unhappy with someone is NOT better than being happy alone. Embrace being single and remember all the great things about the single life - you're totally free! You can do what you want! You can flirt with any guy you want! You don't have to live your life based on someone else! It's awesome. If it's stressing you out, it's not meant to be. <3

Lauren C.

by peaceluvsmile on 8/31/2012 12:49:24 AM

So I see people always commenting "MOD." So I was wondering what "MOD" means? Thanks! Smile

Hey chica! MOD means "moderator", a girl like me (an intern at GL) who gets to go through and answer any questions you guys might have! xoxo

Kate G.

by batman<3 on 8/24/2012 1:15:21 AM

Okay. (: I can't wait to give advice. Join club Sweeties and we will be happy to have you. Spots are open sooooo....Lets Start!! (:

by batman<3 on 8/24/2012 1:11:43 AM

@Kate G.
thanks for the response, sorry about the confusion, too! <3

by girlfunhrf on 8/21/2012 7:30:31 AM

Oooh. Super sweet guy. Dang. That'd be hard. But it's your decision~ Good luck!

by Gabriella123 on 8/20/2012 9:06:01 PM

You and me are similar. If someone is rude to me, I decide to give them the cold shoulder. They give me flowers, I'm okay with them again. You need to focus on the reasons why you want to break up with him, and just keep repeating them in your mind when you need the extra boost to get it over with. Asking him to remain friends or at least civil with each other will hopefully soften the blow. Good luck!

by cats-r-the-best on 8/20/2012 5:24:10 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
my brother and i have our 15th b-days in a month (we are twins). i need a diy gift for him. he likes video games and soccer, do you have any ideas? thanks! also, that you all you moderators, i love reading all of your amazing answers to everyones questions! sometimes people have the same questions as me but im too afraid to ask them! thanks again!

Hey girl! We love answering your questions! For your brother, why not make him a really cool video game poster (or scrapbook) with HIM as the star? You can take a goofy video game plot (like Mario or Donkey Kong) and have him as the action hero? It'll be something silly he can laugh at but will still be fun to make! xoxo

Kate G.

by girlfunhrf on 8/20/2012 1:36:35 PM

yeah i'd think about it. if he's super sweet and a nice guy, i'd give him more time. don't leave him thinking he should have done something different if he really didn't do anything wrong.

by myfatsquirrel on 8/20/2012 1:16:17 PM

MOD MOD!
So I have this friend, Libby(not her real name) and we have never been that close, but we've had a few sleep-overs. We use to text 24/7. If I ever "forgot" to use a smiley face in a text then she would automatically think something is wrong. Towards the end of the school year we didn't really text all that much. I texted her during the summer and she acted all mad at me. She asked me "why we don't text." I said "I don't know, why don't we?" and then she said "IDK,I have to go... bye." Then my bff invited Libby, a few other girls and I to her house before the back to school dance. Libby completely ignored me. I don't think I did anything wrong or mean to her. I was maybe thinking about texting her something like, "I'm not sure what I did, but I'm sorry." But I'm not too sure about that.. Any advice on this?
Thanks,
Kaitie**

Hey girlie! Instead of apologizing for something without know what it is, why don't you text Libby and ask if everything is okay with you two.  Say that you feel like you two haven't been as close and you hope you didn't hurt her feelings in any way.  If she tells you what she thinks you did wrong, THEN you can apologize, so she knows you do really feel bad about it. xoxo

Kate G.

by basketballover5 on 8/20/2012 11:03:02 AM

Think about it. if he really is such a nice guy, then he deserves a girl who can like him back as much as he likes her. its not fair for you two to go out when he is crazy in like with a gilr who doesn't feel that way about him. let him go., it is for the best, for both of you

by N3rdyRand0mn3ss on 8/19/2012 12:26:53 PM

So there is this guy at my church and hes my texting buddy, like we text 24/7. He also said he wont date until he can drive. Now, we usually talk about stupid stuff, but recently we have had more serious conversations, like about relationships and stuff. For example, i asked him if he had to date one girl from our church, who would he pick, and he picked me. Also, i asked which girl he would kiss, he also said me. Then, just last week, i sorta kinda asked him out. The first time i said (half joking) "when you turn 16 I'll take you on your first date!" and he said he would think about it. Also, my friend made me invite him to a football game at my highschool and he said he'd think about that too. And according to everyone we look like a couple. I guess we do flirt a bit, but im not sure...
Im not sure if i like him or not, so what should i do? Like my friends have even asked "when are you and him gonna start dating?"
Thanks and sorry for the length Smile

Hey girlie,

I think the very first thing you have to do is decide whether you like him or not. If you don't like him "like that," flirty convos like this are probably a little inappropriate - even though he can't date right now, you don't want to lead him on. (And you both def are flirting!) So try to talk to him more and be honest with yourself about your feelings. Could you see yourself dating him? Are you excited every time you start talking to him? Or are you excited to see him every time you meet up? Does he respect you, make you laugh, make you happy? If so, then you probably do like him! Try not to listen to other people - it doesn't matter what your friends say or what you guys "look" like to other people. What matters is how you feel <3

Lauren C.

by pottergirl135 on 8/19/2012 12:00:53 PM

MODMODMOD:
2 things:
1. i saw in one of your articles to whiten your teeth before school starts. I have braces, and I was wondering if there was a different way to do that
2. how do you convince your parents to let you buy a bowflex? I've gained a bit of weight and i really want one, but my mom wont let me buy one
thanks!

Hey girlie,

Since you have braces right now, it's not the best time to whiten your teeth. Instead, I would snag a toothpaste with baking soda or a general toothpaste like Crest Pro-Health, which protects from germs, gingivitis, sensitivity, etc. (Also, whitening teeth is a personal choice - you don't have to do it just because we have an article about it! It's great for some girls but not for others, so go with what feels right.) As for the Bowflex, I think the best thing is to prove you're serious about getting fit and losing weight BEFORE you want to buy it. It's easy to think, "Oh I've gained weight... but if I only had this cool piece of equipment, I know I would get fit!" But it's not the equipment that is going to change your life - YOU have to change your life. Commit to working out every day by doing things that don't require gym equipment. Go jogging, swim, or do pilates, kickboxing, or yoga. Get serious about working out and over time, you'll show mom that this isn't a passing fad. If you show her this is important to you over a couple months, she could be more willing <3 But remember that Bowflex machines are expensive too, so that doesn't mean she'll say yes. But still - by this point, you'll already be in better shape!

Lauren C.

by Meglovesmusic on 8/19/2012 11:29:32 AM

I just had a really nice breakup a few days ago. I bought him coffee and we met in the park to talk. I told him I wasn't sure the relationship was going anywhere, and he agreed, and it was all very mellow. Nobody yelled at anybody or cried or anything like that. He and I are still very close - a relationship was just not the right thing for us, and we were able to establish that in a very anti-high school drama kind of way.

by MadiBird on 8/19/2012 10:00:52 AM

consider it: if you really think he's being NICE to you, maybe you don't really want to break up at all?

by ayraify on 8/19/2012 8:00:25 AM