2 HOURS AGO #DailyGiveaway! 3 go glam from lips to tips with @paulfranktweets’s makeup set from @MichaelsStores: http://t.co/XrbLQcGrR7

3 HOURS AGO Sleep easy: 5 easy tips to kick your night owl habits for good!: http://t.co/akrP1wN0sQ

16 HOURS AGO Setting the alarm to wake up for school tomorrow *crying a little inside*

COMMENTS

Hit it off with the hottie from the hallway

I really like this one guy, but I don't have any classes with him, he barely knows me, and it would be just weird I'd I...

Hi, so it's the end of the week of the first day of 7th grade. Annnnd i've already developed a crush on this one kid. Sure, it seems great. Only it's not. The kid happens to be my brother's best friend's little brother. I'm really nervous if he finds out, but i really just want to talk to him. I'm nervous, like i don't want to mess up or anything you know? can you help me out? (I only have english and lunch with him) also, do you think 7th grades too young to date?

Meghan D.

by infinityonjo on 9/7/2012 3:41:32 PM

Im a new student,and I like this guy.He is always staring at me.What does it mean????

Hey greyson_lover, it could mean he likes you. This could mean he's attracted to you or just wants to be your friend. Try smiling and waving when you catch his eye. Hope this helps! Xoxo

Lynae P.

by greyson_lover on 9/2/2012 10:35:50 AM

Mod mod mod!!!
I'm new to this middle school, and I really like this guy. How can I start a convo? We're in two classes together. How can I follow him on instagram without it bein awkward? Also, how can I become cool enough to hang with the guys?? I was always the dorky one and I NEED to change that status!! Thnx!!!!!!! Modmodmod!!

Hey girl,

If you have two classes together, you can start by talking about that! Maybe you could even study together. And you don't have to follow him on Instagram right away, you could wait until you are a little closer of friends. And there's nothing wrong with not being "cool" -- it makes you different from everyone else! Smile You should never change just to please other people.

Meghan D.

by jellybean101 on 9/1/2012 9:19:39 PM

Me and my BGF have been hanging out a lot this summer. We went to my Grandpa's farm to look for arrowheads (he loves the outdoors) and today he unexpectedly came over because his mom was down the road. The problem? I can't come up with anything to say when I'm around him! What are some things I can say? And do you think he likes me if he keeps wanting to hang? I kinda want to drop the hint that I like him, what are some ways I can tell him, but not being like: "I like you"??
Thanks sooo much! xx

Hey girlie,

It's hard to tell if he likes you or "likes" you - just hanging out is something that friends do, so you gotta pay attention to HOW he treats you. Does he behave any different to you than to his other girl friends? Does he flirt? Compliment you? Tease you? Or is it just friendly? Try to observe these things and you'll get a better idea of how he feels! Talk to him about stuff he likes, how his summer was, if he's excited about school, his friends, his family, etc. Sometimes it's easier to bond over pop culture stuff, like a fave band or TV show. As for liking him, try to flirt/compliment him in subtle ways. Since you don't know if he likes ya back and you don't want to come right out and say it, this is a great quiet way to test the waters! Smile

Lauren C.

by birdgirly11 on 8/23/2012 7:30:21 PM

I am not allowed to date, but my mom found out that i have. 3 guys, 2 were set-us from my friends, and one because i didn't want to break his heart. How can I explain this to her when we are alone (next saturday night)??? I need help ASAP!! Please!!

Hey girl! My number one tip when having a convo with the rents: ACT AS MATURE AS POSSIBLE! So tell your mom how you understand that sneaking behind her back and dating guys was not exactly the best thing to do and it was a mistake. Then tell her you're very sorry that you did it, but you didn't know how to talk to her about it. Ask her when she thinks it will be okay for you to date and that you think you're ready. If she says no not yet, then say okay I understand your decision, what can I do to get to the point where you think I'm mature enough? Ask if you can make a goal for this school semester (get better grades, do more chores, etc.) and if then she'll let you. If she is still not giving you a direct answer say okay (even though it's not what you want to hear) and tell her to let you know when she decides its appropriate. As for the past just apologize and explain that it's hard for the guy to put himself out there and ask you out and you felt bad saying no, but that you're sorry you should have talked to her first! Hope next Saturday goes well! xoxo

Carly S.

by happyone123 on 8/23/2012 4:30:29 PM

I really like my BGF. Like, a lot. We see each other at least 3 times a week and we're in the same math class. I think he likes me but my instinct is to be aloof whenever we're talking. I don't know how to stop it and I think it's ruining our chances of being together. What can I do?

Hey chica! The key is to be friendly, but not put it all out there.  Flirt with him a little, and if you think he likes you, ask him on a study date! xoxo

Kate G.

by 1corinthiansgurl on 8/23/2012 12:38:00 PM

Hey Girl! Be careful not to move too fast in your relationship. Maybe you have an adult you really trust? An aunt or family friend? Even a girl a lot older than you that you feel comfortable talking to about this! I think you should make sure you talk to someone older as soon as you can. I think you may need to reevaluate your relationship, take a step back and see where things go from there!While we encourage an open environment on Girlslife.com, some blogger babes may find your comment offensive or inappropriate.

Please discontinue to ask or comment about this subject and talk to a

parent, trusted friend or guidance counselor.. xoxo

Carly S.

by Katnissgirlhg on 8/22/2012 10:48:03 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I the same girl who said that I was home schooled
Could I go to summer camp and still meet allsome guys?
Before I meet and go to a whole bunch of eventd should I change my hair to a whole bunch of cute thin braids? Have a new look so that way I'll feel confident talking to guys? MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! sure you could there are a lot of great co ed camps out there. That hair sounds so cute, I think you should do it Smile

Helen S.

by Selassie on 8/21/2012 5:54:01 PM

how do u get one..... again??

by katiewright on 8/21/2012 2:11:45 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD PLEASE MOD
I allways got to the store and see guys ,but I don't know what to say. I'm in middle school and I'm in a homeschool program so the advice your giving is for people who Go to public school. Any way I need help I have to stick with my parents if the they turn down a ille. I only go off by myself when they say to go but something up ON a diffrent ill I need help to try to find a guy. Please MOD

Hey girlie! Try joining a group for home schooled kids (your town or the program you are in might have one) for a great way to meet guys.  You could also do a rec sport or hang out with a youth group if you are religious.  Instead of meeting random guys in the store, make an effort to get to know people better! xoxo

Kate G.