AN HOUR AGO Which summer sport's got ya game? Take the #quiz to find out: http://t.co/Ici50wNgla

3 HOURS AGO Tell us how you feel in our survey about smoking: http://t.co/6Q9EeXv0yg

4 HOURS AGO 5 fun fitness guru videos: http://t.co/ltFmHhPXLG

COMMENTS

Period panic! What if I get it at school?

I haven't gotten my period yet, and I'm afraid I'll get it for the first time at soccer practice or school or somewhere. Help me! Dear Worried, Every...

So I am ten years old and I'm almost eleven. Last year, I bought the Head To Toe Guide To You book. I started reading the second chapter.- Everything about periods, period plus other down-there details. Then the book started talking about discharge. I had no idea what that was.-But then it says it said: If you haven't gotten your period yet you'll probably start feeling a little bit of dampness down there.- And I had, a couple months before I had read that. Then it said: that's because six months to a year before your first period, girls start to produce vaginal discharge. This is how your body clears dead cells from the vagina to keep you free from infection. The fluid is usually thin and a bit sticky, but can be thick and gooey. And the color is a clear to an off white.-Then I started thinking to myself, that's what I've been having! My mom says she had her first period when she was eleven. So that means I should be getting my first period soon! Yay! Please give advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hannah H.

by mamabear162 on 10/4/2012 12:01:26 PM

im 14 and i got my like 10th period a few weeks ago while i was on my way to tech with my friend.(he is a guy.) he said he thought i was acting weird. lol. so i went to the nurse and she had a whole closet full. so dont worry about getting at school, because nurses, older siblings, or even close classmates with always have your back.

by pupa413 on 10/1/2012 7:14:48 PM

Hey, getting your period is nothing to worry about. Talk to your mom if you are scared. I talked to my mom and it helped me when it happened. Talking to your mom is so helpful. Plus,she will be there to help you.

by glloveer4ever on 10/1/2012 7:03:27 PM

so i got my period in aug on friday 17 at nite and then it stopped that day. then i got my period again on Augs 25th in saturday-sept 1. so i dont know when im going to get my period again so what do i do

by magskelly on 9/21/2012 4:40:30 PM

I had my period for the first day of day of school so i jumped off a bridge and died..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

by cutiepop1234567 on 9/20/2012 4:46:00 PM

keep some panty liners in your locker and if you don't have any just use some toilet paper. Smile

by mikaelaeb on 9/18/2012 8:14:43 PM

I'm 14 years old! I'm still waiting to get my period but my mom says she got hers when she was 13? I did gymnastics and now I do cheer and I heard that might make your period come late but Ive been having a lot of discharg and I mean A LOT. To the point where I think I need to use pads.. What should I do and should I be expecting my period soon??

Hey girlie, there's really no way to tell. But if you're already 14 you should definitely be on the lookout for it.

Lauren T.

by Guitargurll on 9/16/2012 8:41:34 PM

i hate when i think it going to start at school or if it goes through my pants... :/

by KatyMarieLove on 9/15/2012 12:17:31 PM

OMG!!!!! i got mine in 5th grade!!! i noticed that something was wrong the night before but then i just let it go and forgot about... but when i went to school i went to th bathroom and it was a bloody mess!!! thankfully i was wearing black and it surprisingly didnt leak though!! i was WAY to embarrased to go to the nurse so i didnt... did i mention that i was also wearing 3 layers of black?? it really does suck. like it has that smell!! like really people walk in the bathroom and say pee yew whats that smell but then again thats typical 5th graders... now i dont even use school bathrroms wether i have my period or not... u can tell when its coming tho!! u gets cramps or my back starts to really bother me so im prepared... its really not as bad as i was expecting it to be tho!!! so dont let it or the mean girls get to ur head but i think it was really brave of u to send that, i wouldve chickened out Smile

by meggydoo3327 on 9/12/2012 4:33:31 PM

I would have pads in you backpack/locker/gym bag at all times. And if you go to the bathroom
Before school and once at school there is only a slim change tht your period will
Leak through your pants. I was really nervous about my first too, but your first period is pretty light so you probably wont have any embarrassing leaks. Good luck!

by ClaireluvsGL on 9/8/2012 12:54:55 PM