Bridget M.

is modding

9 HOURS AGO 3 ways to look adorably preppy this holiday: http://t.co/urNiJo8PPo

12 HOURS AGO 6 new Christmas music videos we can't stop watching: http://t.co/N2g6v5Tq9l

13 HOURS AGO Deck your nails! Christmas mani inspo: http://t.co/1YDVUPbPoR

COMMENTS

Period panic! What if I get it at school?

I haven't gotten my period yet, and I'm afraid I'll get it for the first time at soccer practice or school or somewhere. Help me! Dear Worried, Every...

Well I kept a bunch of pads with me when. I also would keep some extra underwear just in case. When I got it I had it at school but never noticed until I came home. Thankfully I wasn't going too much so it didn't bleed through my underwear.

by BabyDahl13 on 9/8/2012 12:32:10 PM

mod mod mod mod
Is it true that you cant wear a tampon until the 2nd year of your period???
and also, i got my first period last week on monday, so i was wondering when i should wear pads again???

Hey babe,

That is absolutely a myth, you can use tampons whenever you feel comfortable with using them.  It has nothing to do with how long you've had your period or anything of that sort.

If you've finished your period already for this month, then you should have at least three weeks to be free of worry.  Your period will be very regular at the start so there is really no way to pinpoint exactly when you should wear pads again, but three weeks is a good rough estimate! And remember to always keep some handy just in case.
Jordan S.

by jellybean411 on 9/5/2012 5:39:01 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I got my period in really late November for a week, and then I didn't get it again until really early March. And now it's September and I haven't gotten it again! What do I do? I'm afraid if I tell my mom then she'll be confused and ask why didn't I say so earlier and then it'd be SUPER awkward. What do I do? What's going on!?

Hey girl,

Irregular periods can be normal at first, but you should talk to your mom and a doc to be sure! Even if it is a little awkward to bring up with Mom, she'll appreciate that you trusted her enough to bring it up!

Meghan D.

by Bunnyboo22 on 8/31/2012 6:49:24 PM

Is it true that when you get your period your metabolism slows down??? Thx!

Hey girl! That's not true at all! Your metabolism slows down as you get older, but not a significant amount specifically when you get your period. xoxo

Kate G.

by xXMissBehavedXx on 8/28/2012 2:33:19 PM

MOD ! MOD ! MOD !
Ok so I have a period tracker and everything and I'm turning 16 so ive had my period since I was almost 12 so I know the deal. But any advice for horrible pms? I mean I just cry soooo much! I know it's hormones, so I guess my question is is there anyway to control it?? thankss

Hey girlie! You can only control PMS with hormonal things (like the Pill) or finding a way to deal with stress relief (meditating and such), otherwise it's unfortunately something we've all gotta deal with! xoxo

Kate G.

by maniheartsmakeup22 on 8/27/2012 9:49:29 PM

I am 13 years old almost 14 and i haven't gotten "IT" yet...i play 6 sports and i like to stay moving...my friend tells me the only reason i am super skinny is because i haven't gotten my period yet and my metabolism hasn't slowed down....soo when i get my period will i start to get chubby or bigger???

by alexa365 on 8/26/2012 10:16:32 AM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
help please!
I figured out why my head and stomach were hurting, i went to the bathroom and i realized i got my first period. anyways, what do i do? because i'm staying at my grandparents house for the week (parents are on a work trip)

Hey chica! Don't worry Grandma knows where you're coming from, she had hers too! Call her aside and let her know you got yours. She should be able to set you up with some pads or tampons in no time! xoxo

Carly S.

by carly.13 on 8/24/2012 3:25:32 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD
when i woke up this morning, my stomach started to hurt really bad, and so did my head. why r they hurting? and what should i do? thanks Smile

Hey sweets! Ask your parents if you can take ibuprofen! It should help get rid of your headache and stomachache in no time! Both a headache and stomachache are common when you have your period, but if you don't have your period it could really be anything so you should talk to your parents! xoxo

Carly S.

by carly.13 on 8/24/2012 2:55:23 PM

MOD MOD MOD MOD!
I am a girl im 14. I'm 10 pounds overweight and i always get made fun of by my ''friends'' and they always tell me how fat i am and stuff.They say that they're just kidding but it really makes me upset to the point where I just cry and stuff and don't eat for a few days but my parents always say that if I don't eat that they're going to take me to the hospital.But the thing is I don't tell them how I feel and I was just wondering should I tell them how I feel or just try to find new friends?

Hey girlie! You should DEFINITELY tell them how you feel.  Let them know what they say makes you feel insecure about yourself.  If your friends are really friends, they'll stop teasing you, even if they think they are just kidding.  If they don't, then make some new friends who make you feel good about yourself! xoxo

Kate G.

by taylor6158 on 8/24/2012 12:20:02 PM

For girls who got their period, there is this app called i period, and it can help predict when you will get your next period! So no more freaking out! (;

by brianaangel9 on 8/23/2012 9:43:59 PM